/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Paradise Dome edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y00-txobWs4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why isn't Stellaris in /gsg/? It should be in /gsg/.

/gsg/ is for 2x'es and 3x'es.

Its probably a good thing, I've never been to gsg

the autists there sperged hard

>143860786
Nice map, which mod is it?

Steamgroup kicked it out

Everyone's happier for it, desu.
The old autists and the damfpgruppe memers go batshit when removed from their comfort zone.

Border outlines are a bug? That pic looks neat and clean.

Oh that's a DLC feature, it's from internal build.

Oh that, god, I wish I knew. Someone should ask about that in the dev diary thread.

Yeah, that's what I want to ask too.

No, the bug was that the ai empires would implode into a bunch of splinter empires due to rebellions.

>Stellaris Mod Archive
>a bunch of folders named random numbers
Can someone explain this?

>empire declares war on me
>wipe them out
>suddenly YOU'RE the bad guy
defend this

>get mildly inconvenienced
>respond with genocide
Yeah, nah.

you can make it kinda look like that by using
>tweakergui draw.dust
>tweakergui borders.usemesh
in the console

Dunno how it's all explored right at the start though.

>>wipe them out
>nothing bad about this

It's the number of the mod in the steam workshop

How difficult is it to make custom namelists, races etc for an empire?

The civilians who were wiped out are also to blame for allowing their government to wage war on me. They deserve it.

>They deserve it.
>not the bad guy

>amazon chapter
YES

It's not necessarily that you're the bad guy, just that you just suddenly grew a lot larger and crushed another Empire, and now your neighbors see you as a legitimate threat. I can't wait until tributaries get added since vassals aren't that great and annexing causes threat out the ass.

Workshop mods are organized by number by steam which is the same as the number in the URL on steam.

>tfw you start crushing the FE who bullied you earlier

anyone playing Civ5 with the Community Balance Patch? it's pretty damn good imho

>Neighbour shoots my dog
>Tie him up, rape his wife and children in front of him, force his dog and son to have sex, chop up his family and dog and feed them to him
>Burn down his house with him in it, as well as killing all his family members that aren't direct family (cousins, grandparents, uncles etc.)

It was self-defense officer!

Pretty good, vassalising enemies should have been in the main game though.

Will the open beta be patched today you think?

certainly. i'm still getting the hang of it, my game crashes every 50 turns or so, though. i wanted to use JFD's gameplay mods with it but they dont seem to work. maybe exploration continued will, sucks that scouts lack an up-gradable tree given how good they are in CBP

Seems like an entirely reasonable reaction to me.

That dog was a bro

I'd assume so, they'll probably fix up Friday's hotfix and re-release it.

>It was self-defense officer!
Which is the way it ought to be. Always.

Vassalize and integrate them.

This.
>AI wardecs
>take a couple of planets to make them pay for their arrogance
>suddenly I'm a threat to the galaxy
Why?

They thought you were just some newbie beta bitchboi then your 60k Fleets of Lances and doomstack corvettes were broadcasted for the whole galaxy to see. Who wouldn't see you as a threat??

Are hangars useful on cruisers?

literally doing nothing: the game

>Someone starts a fight
>You beat him and then steal his wallet
>Suddenly you are the bad guy

>decide to insult a Stagnant Ascendancy for fun to see if I can provoke war
>a few decades later they demandI grovel to them or something which would make my empire look like cucks
>tell them to fuck off
>he declares war against me and my federation
>send my biggest death stack to his ring world immediately
>for some reason he has already surrounded some of my sectors and starts bombarding shit
>little does he know I'm moments away from anally devastating him with federation buddies
>wreck him hard
>he starts desperately porting back his ships - all die one by one - arguably his entire fleet could have wrecked us if they were all there at once
>demand independence part of his empire
>those guys love me
>the original guys then get invaded by another empire and totally wiped out

Best possible outcome... I now have an ex-stagnant ascendancy race who basically align with me perfectly, and a few years later joined my federation too

Then the guy shouldn't have come at me with a knife and should be thankful he's still alive.

Because usually when someone wars you, combat is the last option. You negotiate for a few minerals, credits, maybe even a cargo of pet aliums or some other crystal. The point was to minimize unnecessary costs that would be incurred by deploying fleets and going to war. Of course this doesn't happen on account of shit diplomacy AI and resources that are worth less than shit. There isn't even a real economy in this game so the only option when some yiffer fucks with your empire is to fuck their planets.

Point is you're the bad guy because Paradox released an unfinished game.

Does it make the AI combat any better than the total shit it is?

I loved Civ 5, but HATE the AI, I hate "winning" a defensive battle knowing it was because the shit AI randomly turning around, or embarking on a lake, or shit like that. I WANT to lose battles and cities, it makes the game more exciting

Why ask questions when you don't accept the answers

Nothing will ever fix Civ V's AI

Ever heard of rhetoric?

Are mods now updated for 1.03 patch ?

Even if game sucks i need to play Kerbals....

It was a philosofical question.

>take on a large federation/coalition/group of friendly states/wankers
>They have the bigger fleetdick
>Warscore means I'm still winning Just by dodging their fleets and killing their stations
>sometimes the krogan fleet's uncontrollable instinct to kill mining stations means we have to leave early

Fuck its fun to fight like this. Wormhole Besthole. (was using warp before)

Also to the guy in the last bread, sometimes my krogan pics are fucking up in 1.1, but it was only recently

they all work with 1.03

Thanks! last time i checked many were still for 1.02. The mod list without names doesn't help either

In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

I'm somewhat rustled. Materialist should have more to do with economy than research, just how Spiritualist should have more to with influence and power than mere happiness.

In somewhat rustled.

Is it a bug or exploit that you can just build massive quantities of Outpost Frontiers for no monthly cost by having them located within a Sector?

Are there any downsides to this?

just edit with notepad++ to be compatible with 1.03. They should all work regardless but if you want them to look nice in the mod loading screen, then edit them.

Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth", where material wealth is made and improved by Science. Spirituality ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through the self", which is just flat happy. These two things don't imply anti-science, it just implies a materialist society will work more/harder on science.

How to report bugs?

If a system is unreachable (I think due to this ship having never been upgraded ever), it will just build whatever you want remotely without even moving!

Massive exploit obviously

That it should be fixed in 1.1 so forget about it.
They also supposedly kill the hidden influence income of sectors, so you have to manually upgrade shelters and planadms.
You have to do that anyway because the AI is retarded.

materialists only care for what they can see and use, spiritualists care for something beyond just minerals, both can be scientific.

Pretty simple tbqh

Kek. But yeah, it's almost as if Paradox has some kind of forums, where there is a specific stellaris subboard for bug reports.

CBA to make an account though, no email address?

I don't abuse exploits I find as it ruins games, but I suppose for people doing multiplayer it's pretty huge

I'll give it a try

This must be the most retarded mod archive I've ever seen

which one is the fucking whites only mod

>play without rangefinder
>fleets just blob up so long-range weapons aren't as good as they could be
>play with rangefinder
>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
kill me

>>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
this never happened to me. Is their range set beyond their weapons range?

not it's set to fucking 5, but it does it at any range as far as I can tell
they engage fleets just fine but refuse to go anywhere near stations

How do you make federations, you must be nice to everyone? People won't even align with me, its seems easier to conquer in the time it would take to make them happy.

Because literal meme magic.

I know that feel.
Everyone is happy with their friends and allies and federations, and I'm alone in the galaxy.

It might have to do with the fact that I declared war on the only two friends I had just to take one planet. And that my empire is xenophobic genocidal slavers.

You literally lose 2 corvettes for each station with rangefinder because they engage 1 by 1

Because range-finder guy get it wrong in some cases(behaviour ones).
Upload your version and I will fix it and reupload.

like I said it doesnt for me. Are you gys using bb_rangefnder and zbeautiful_battles?

I do actually

I dunno then sorry mate.

Is there a way to make my homeworld a death world for RP purpose?

In classic philosophy materialism and spiritualism are opposites.

Spiritualism being opposed to science is just paracucks being your average swedish fedora tippers.

not zbb
will that fix it?

my african american star slaver!

who else extreme collectivist/materialist?
nothing better than utterly curbstomping an empire, taking their planets, and purging every ALIEN FREAK not on a key (slave) planet

>it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

But it doesnt? Spiritualim doesn't give you a penalty to research at all, and it weights the dice more for psi-tech while materialism has a hard time getting them

Its kinda funny when you would like to ally with the Ai bordering you cause their worlds are ice cubes and I don't need that, but they will refuse, so you conquer them.

Its like being darth vader,
>join me and together we can rule the galaxy!
>nah, purging is wrong
>very well... Declare war.

One question about war goals and stuff:

If I demand 2 planets and occupy them can I end the war regardless of war score ?

Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit, tech penalties and other anti-blobbing measures pretty fucking retarded in a game where currently the only two win conditions are occupy 40% of all habitable planets or kill all other empires?

Also, having the whole CK2 limit on directly controlled territories but without the multidimensional vassal characters to delegate sectors to pretty much removes a great deal of strategic depth and breadth.

Like wtf, this game is failing as 4x and as gsg, and what sucks is, it's a good base of a game, it has a lot of potential, but Nu Paradox is fucking godawful. They're not trying to make good games for their customers it's all designed and balanced around their faggy inter-office multi-player games instead of having a proper vision and series of design goals.

Thank god for modders and the ease with which these games are modded.

The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them. Finding unoccupied space ports in secotrs is a pain in the ass though.

Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good

okay well I guess making small lasers shoot 30 units is a good way to fix it
no, you still need warscore

maybe senpai

>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

Spiritualism doesn't necessarily mean religion, and materialism doesn't necessarily mean not religion.

The ethos are vague by design to cover more possible alignments.

This happened to me too, I think it's because of the "orbit" preset rangefinder gives to mid range computers. Never really warmed to rangefinder 2bh, in the end I changed it with BB+Colonize unlimited+Bigger Space stuff that you can find in the workshop, imma happy nigga now.

>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because fucking Swedes can't into political philosophy., the ethical axes are rather gay and limited and need expanded and refined. We'll have mods the fix up ethics and add new ones once they sell us a dlc that adds more ethics.

>-% happiness with capacity boosters if individualist
damn
an exception for if you were also materialist would be nice imo

>be Spiritualist+Collectivist+Militarist
>if i want materialist research centre i invade my materialist neighbours and PURGE everything

youtube.com/watch?v=y00-txobWs4

Tech penalty isn't that bad. Its actually decent anti blobing mechanic.
It could be better done but the whole teching is plain.
Sectors are shit though as there is nothing to do with them and interacting with them is shit. The same goes for factions.\
Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit.

>The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them.

I'm OCD as fuck, I'm fine with shoving planets into sectors once have them how I want them if i can trust the ai to not fuck with them except to upgrade the shit I already built to next tier when it can, but can't fully trust it to do that yet.

>Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good

They'd be more acceptable if they were implemented in a dynamic and clever manner instead of just stupid lump size/population penalty. There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech. There needs to be better implementation of penalties, should be tech that increases core planet number, tech and buildings that mitigates size and distance penalties, there needs to be a perfectionist vs expansionist ethical axis so people can choose between tall and wide.

I just hate seeing games with lots of promise in the hands of people who don't seem to know what they're doing.

>why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because they're opposites in real life, you retard. Materialism is the doctrine of rejecting any non-material aspect to human existence. By definition, you cannot be a spiritualist and a materialist.

Fucking tool.

> it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

Yeah, that's why spiritual empires can't recruit scientists. Fucking idiot. One million sperm and you had to be the fastest. Just kill yourself.

It's just unfinished and has a casual touch to it. It borrows so many features from other games without implementing them properly

>Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth"

No, it isn't, you fucking moron.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism

>Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit

That's just bad business to me, but that's almost the entirety of contemporary vidya. The only developer these days I really respect is Toady.

At this point all my hopes for Stellaris being a good game lies with the modders, the best Paracucks could do is not give modders too much garbage to have to clean up.

>Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit,
>tech penalties
No they're great mechanics. I get great enjoyment out of handling a large empire while still leading science and delegating systems into sectors while other players apparently can't do that.
>other anti-blobbing
What other anti-blobbing mechanics are there than the tech penalties and the core limit?
Warscore?

What really sucks about the game is the shitty controls, lack of lists and lack of smooth hotkeys.

I said ingame you fucktard, not actually

pretty silly post tbqhwyf

>There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech.

That didn't work so good in civ2.