/wtg/ War Thunder General

DEAD THREAD edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition
fanfiction.net/search.php?keywords="war thunder"&ready=1&type=story

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/myLsKEIO-Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spitfires are hard.

If you honestly think that there's just no saving you.

He's just memeing.

hard to fly or hard to kill?
Anycase, you're wrong

They're hard to kill when you're flying Germans because MG151 has been nerfed to shit

>jewtubers giving up on this game one after another
Well done Gaijin

What has gaijin done now? I've been out of the loop for a year.

A string of bad decisions. Their most recent is med kits for tank crews.

I just came home and apparently our favourite old jew is giving up completely on WT

>crew is incredibly tanky
>better add more potential hp
Soon they'll remove the individual hp of the crew, making it a huge hp bar. Crew will die according to the hp %.

who?

It takes a few seconds to activate and it just brings back one unconscious((( crewman, so it probably won't be TOO painful, but it's still irritating that they keep shoehorning in more retard arcade shit into the other gamemodes.

They're asking the community to be allowed to censor the community even more, and not just in the forums.

>they keep shoehorning in more retard arcade shit
don't forget how they tried to bring enemy tags to RB

Phly the little click bait bitch did a video showcasing a hacker. He got killed through a building and when he checked the stats, the guy's stats weren't as terrible as phly, so the guy obviously must've been a hacker even though having a positive K/D in a tank is pretty easy to do. Gajin didn't like that someone was showing a potential hacker to the general public not to mention was advertising hacks (every idiot knows there are hacks, but no need to make a fucking video about it) and flagged his video or whatever. Most people would have the common sense and just report the guy as a hacker and use a hidden vid as an evidence. But you know how much phly loves to be a fucking idiot and get views. The biggest drama started when we were offered a choice between letting videos like that get a strike on youtube or getting the markers back to RB, as if that was somehow fix the hacking problem. It was phly breaking EULA like a fucking idiot and posting a video about a hacker, yet somehow that's """""""censorship"""""""". The whole thing ended with neither of those two options getting true, anton said they'll now make it so that shit like markers will be no longer client side, which will make it harder to hack.

People are fucking retarded not to mention fanboying about their shitty youtubers. Magz quit because people pointed he takes a break every time there's drama and he's back in two weeks anyway, whether anything is fixed or not (which is fucking true). Jingles I don't know yet, but both of them were making barely any WT vids anyway. They got bored of the game and used the bullshit drama to quit, instead of having the balls to admit it.

Of all the youtubers that have quit so far, Magz and Jingles are the shittiest ones. No one will miss them. Ironically phly the little shit that was the reason for all of this will probably still shill out for WT, even though his content is the worst

what was /wtg/ like before webms?

>arcade

Phly is a retard but that shouldn't excuse Gaijin trying to abuse the copyright system to take down videos like they remove posts on their forums. It's straight up strongarming opinions and views they don't like into submission.

Grmlz quit too, didn't he?

i dont even play this game,but i saw it in the catalog and i think its funny that this thread is dead

>20 posts in 1 hour

KEK

when's 1.59?
any word on the next dev server opening?

Yeah, Grmlz quit, but he had a good reason, SB shit is always being ignored the most so he just gave up. youtu.be/myLsKEIO-Uk

It's what happens after months since the last update. New update will be out this week or the next and you can check then how many people there will be
>le ded gaem meme xD
Tomorrow probably, next week max

>Magz quit because people pointed he takes a break every time there's drama and he's back in two weeks anyway
Magz quit because he was disgusted at Gaijin's disgusting move. Hate on Magz all you want but in this case I agree with him, regardless of how long it will take for him to come back to WT.

>its another lets hide the baseline ammo behind 2 complete bullshit shells edition
oh boy cant wait for the next line of tanks.

did you not read the tanks name?

Is entak still alive?

le lying developer face

Oh yeah he had legit reasons, for me it's more that whoever manages Gaijin is so far up their ass that it's time after time just driving players away. I want to enjoy the game, I had so much fun in the beginning but fucking hell man. is just banal for a developer. If they could, for once, listen to player feedback, fix the game, and not shit all over everything in a typical Russian game developer fashion it'd be great but nah.

now it seems like they purposefully create the shit situations to show that they can drop them and gain player respect

if the best moves from the developer from 1-2 years is dropping retarded ideas, there were no good moves at all

play slavs and u can skip certain ammo

Checked a few days ago, he didn't quit WT but he did get bored of it, so he kinda stopped doing vids about it. Ironically he was the only one with balls to admit that, instead of waiting for a perfect opportunity and excuse to quit the game. He might check back when the update is out, but there's honestly so much other shit to do, it's understandable. I've been playing the game for last 3 years, so I get that people want to stop playing the game to try other ones, but at least be honest about it

>It's okay for a youtuber to lie
Nigger, no it's not. That's what Libel and Slander are all about. You can say anything you want as long as it's objectively true or an opinion. Saying objectively false shit isn't okay.

Lets say kraut is 175 cm in height. That makes 88 shell 135 cm

Thats not right is it ???

>175 cm
projecting much?

>inb4 anyone shorter than 8' is a midget and should kill themselves

175cm is short, 180 really is the cutoff for men

Those crewmen have some fat bootys.

> Panzerdivion Kleinfelter

If you say so.

This includes old people who have shrunk.

>average
>good
pick one shorty

Russian devs, man. Fucking braindead.

>Lets say kraut is 175 cm in height.
>175 cm is within the range of average kraut height
hurf durf

>Phly is a retard
He is, even ramjb pointed out that

>t. triggered manlet
wew

after decades of occupation

>decades of occupation
Is this an East Germany meme or a da joos meme?

>huns and czechs are higher than Germans
waht

obviously both, we're looking at the unified germany
also,

>abuse the copyright system
Phly doesn't own WT
He's essentially renting the use of WT from gaijin
Gaijin can take it down whenever the fuck they like.

>there are manlets in this thread

That's not protecting their copyright though

What're you gonna do about it?

have you honored Lohere today yet user?

Why?

Heh.. Kiddo should have known you can't penetrate real Aryan steel

reminder teebs are shit

they actually can't neither by fair use laws, neither by youtube policy (as phly didn't claim WT as his own) nor using defunct EULAs

>tfw higher than red

>EULA
that's honestly what they should've used to get to him, not sure why they didn't

he signed it, all rights have been waived for anyone outside EU

Hey guy's remember all those years ago when many of you spammed /wotg/ calling warthunder the world of tanks killer?

Thanks for playing

>neither by fair use laws
H3H3H3 is getting sued because they thought fair use was something that is not desu, so don't be too certain about that
I do. Even back then WT was better, so you can take your arcady shitty game and shove it up your ass. It's coming for world of warships too

Where was any breach of the EULA?

they could, but then it's a legal basis and they don't want that because

1. they got fucked over by bullying people in court earlier

2. the court basis is really low as the video in question actually wanted to put up a question rather than showing, releasing or spreading cheats

3. afaik phly works/worked in some law corpo meaning he at the very least has the base to fuck them back

well so far h3h3 fucked everyone over and gained a shitload over the predicament

they probably realised using
>"Thou shalt not criticize War Thunder"
would result in even bigger shitstorm.
Plus it depends on country, as in many EULA violating country's law is invalid by default

because his light shines on you erry day

pretend to be gaijin and skim the EULA. You'll find a couple of potential breaches.

if you want to be a dick you can find plenty

hell this whole general is liable

the thing is they wrote it so shittily that if they push anything from it and it comes out, not even gaijin reached that level of shitstorm

>one of the biggest marketers of your game posts a video recommending future steps for WT
>go to war because it breaches point 19,45 5 par.8 "thoulth shalth noth speak baba about gaijin"

im talking about ww2 time heights, werent nippons like 163 cm on average

So glad I uninstalled this game, hope it fucking dies or at least gets so bad Gaijin have to fix it

cant stand seeing the shambling corpse this game has become..

See you tomorrow.

new devblog

seems useful

lol, i still lurk the thread, but haven't reinstalled it yet, don't even care for the new update, apart from that turbo prop british plane, that looks kinda hot

>7.7 only bomber
>useful

i forgot sarcasm tag

Is it just the BTD and torpedo Do 217s that carry multiple torpedoes?

Are there any planes that could that aren't in-game yet?

IL-2 T?

PBYs, H6K, and H8K, and one or more He-111 can all carry two.

>Torpedo bomber version for the Soviet Navy with the VYa-23 cannons removed to save weight, it was able to carry a single 45 cm (18 in) torpedo.[5][41] Evidently, it was only a design as the 23rd Attack Air Regiment of the Black Sea Fleet flew regular Il-2M-3s fitted with torpedo racks as a field modification, and that no such aircraft were ever noted in the battle sortie logs.[42]
Doesn't seem to be the case.

He 111
He 177
can the ju 88 carry 2 ingame?
Ju 188
Tu2 was used by the soviet naval squads but dunno how many it could carry

That was a single one apparently, but I just found out an IL-28 could be equipped with 2 small ones.

I forgot the He 111 H-6 and those shitty early float bombers.

I want to get Sea Dog but only having 1 torp is suffering. The Do 217s are nice because it's Norway every other map and you can shallow dive at around 500kmh towards the landing craft, but I've long since spaded them.

If the BTD is on a sale for 50+% would anyone recommend it? And do burgers at that BR get naval maps (preferably with landing craft) frequently?

Saipan is pretty common, and it's got landing craft.

What are these boxes for?

Carrying shit.

Knife surrender bins

The box on the left is just a box for generally carrying stuff.
The box on the right is for throwing used shells out of. On the side of the turret is a hatch to throw out used shells, and covering that hole is that box

Pretty sure the one on the right is a housing for a night vision lamp or something along those lines

>volokolamsk
is this the worst map right now?

left: toolbox
right: IR searchlight

Boiling vessel modelled, when?

>right: IR searchlight
No
See:

The bigger versions of it are still pretty bad, but they're loads better than the small AB versions you get 99% of the time.

Literally ok magz
Anyone with any sense can see that magz is just using this as an excuse to take a break proper from war thunder and put out literally any other content.

The big open snowy one? I haven't rolled it very often, but I don't have a problem with it.

Oh my god, Gaijin

FUCK OFF!

Will your GE get you there?

you get worse RNG if you hit 0 GE

Joke's on you. Once you have it, you will get matched against t54s