Deutsche Bank bankruptcy question

Hey guys,

let's assume my family has 2 million euro

let's assume they have all of this in cash in the deutsche bank in a normal savings account

let's assume the deutsche bank goes bankrupt tomorrow

how fucked are we?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160292.0
rabobank.com/nl/images/Safest Banks 2015 - Global 50.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It won't. But if you are worried, spread the money around among several banks. I don't know the insured amount but it should be somewhere around couple hundred thousands per bank.

100k € per bank

Looks like they are going to lose 1.9 milli.

Not so bad afterall.

They'll get bailed out.

Is DB a good investment? What happens to their stock price when they get bailed out?

idk worst case scenario is nationalization probably. in which case your shares would be virtually worthless.

After Cyprus EU made bail in an official policy. It's any ones guess as to whether they'll resort to using it but know that they do have the option.

If nationalization were to happen, then shares would be worth approximately $8.00 per share, stop crying.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160292.0

Fuck off commie

Bail out is such an anti-capitalist, anti-free market practice that it makes me want to vomit

if gubments keep bailing out banks, why won't they bail out other failing businesses?

Moral hazard is a bitch

Moral hazard is exactly the reason why bailouts should not happen. If gubments keep bailing out banks then it must logically follow that *all* failing businesses must be subject to same bailout rules out of fairness and equality under law. It doesn't matter how important a bank is, it must fail, because evidently it was not a good business venture.

Put simply,
Banks = shadow government
They're bailing themselves out, they're just using taxpayer money instead of their own capital.
This is the only explanation that makes sense.

Didn't think to look at it from that perspective, thanks for your post.

>2,000,000 in a single bank
wew
e
w

100,000 € are garanteed by the E.U for every different account in case of bankruptcy.

It really depends what country you live in. If you are in the US, then you'll have FDIC insurance that will protect up to 100k. If in the EU, then there is no equivalent system and you are depending on the government spending money to bail you out. They likely will as nobody wants to start a bank run.

Buy gold and hide it. It will be the 1920s all over again! Vote NSDAP!

Why would your family have 2 millions in a savings account and not in stocks, bonds, etc.?

Move your money out of Deutsche Bank and invest it in one of these safe banks (hint: Pictet or LGT):

rabobank.com/nl/images/Safest Banks 2015 - Global 50.pdf

client, not account. Do your fucking homework.

Oh wait, there's no way you have more than 100k...

just one account? you're fucked, m8. How would your family even come into that amount of money without basic knowledge of how shit works?

you're EXTREMELY FUCKED

due to the new EU banking regulations, the first thing that will happen is they bail-in the bank which is just a fancy word for taking your depositors money.

I on the other hand would make about 65k on my DB puts