/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #363

"Religion of peace" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355
strawpoll.me/10288544
strawpoll.me/10296122
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1T94-gYjqKtNgxnqD2gjVgQ9p4UuTc6Qwd7Fluxd0lGs/viewform
implyingrigged.info/wiki//lisg/
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How would you write in a convincing Max cameo in season 2 where she is a minor character?

I wouldn't.

If there's no previous save file: No cameo

If you sacrificed Chloe (WHY): You see Max, wearing a blue beanie and the bullet necklace, taking pictures of a bluejay. If you try to talk to her she says she can't talk. But if you sit around and listen to her she asks the bird if it's her friend. The bird lands on her shoulder and she pets it with her finger and says something about a "hella punk bird". Later on you see her in the background later and she's looking over her photos and making comments to herself about how Chloe would like them and that she should show Kate.

If you sacrificed Arcadia Bay: You see Max, wearing a pendant with a lighthouse on it, taking a picture of something else in the scenery (Like a squirrel). And after she takes the shot she gets a phone call and becomes noticeably happy. You can only hear her end of the conversation, but at the end she says "Sounds great, see you there. Love you too." She takes one more photo and then walks off. Later on, in the background you see Max and Chloe sitting somewhere having coffee and leaning on each other. If you wave to Max she notices and waves back, and then Chloe kisses her.

>WHY
because Chloe is filth.

Please. I know the thread is slow, but there's no need to use low quality bait to try to speed it up.

Threadly reminder that the Butterfly caused the storm

Just checked the group fanfic out of curiosity. Apparently an user that is partially blind edited it and made it over 100 pages by blowing up the text size.

If I see a blue butterfly should I head for a tornado shelter?

I'm not sure if killing it would make things better or worse. So best to head for shelter a few days after you see it.

Killing it would probably make the storm even stronger.

Sure is slow today. I guess because it's a holiday here in the US. People out at ceremonies, parades, BBQs, etc.
Cuteposting.

high(er) quality than before.

I saw a (red) butterfly two days ago, and then a dead bird yesterday.
[Worrying Intensifies]

Is this worth getting for $12? Is it a video game or more of an interactive movie.

It's a book.

Well, damn, I usually delete like things like that, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Can confirm, at the BBQ with Kate and Brooke
Brooke is talking about computex 2016 going on right now
And Kate is cuddling with me while reading me the Bible

Is this autism?

Yes, it's what's keeping this thread alive because we all now there won't be any dontnod news at e3

Isn't this awesome?

Nice.

Here.

It's most similar to a Telltale game (post Walking Dead season 2). If that's your cup of tea then you would likely enjoy LiS.

It's a game. You can move freely and explore environments, talk to people, see different dialogue routs, and solve a few puzzles.
But the emphasis is on character over gameplay. I'm pretty sure you can buy the first episode by itself, so give that a try and see if you like it. Just know that the ending is a big letdown. Despite that I still don't regret playing it.

Stop mobile posting, Victoria.

I'm so getting this

Max with a ponytail is even cuter than Max with her regular hair.

I want Mrs. Chase to capture me!

That attitude is vile.

Either scenario is heartbreaking.

I would let Vicky capture me too.

I thought it would be a few years in the future. I tried to make the one where Chloe is dead show that it's not something Max will just get over, but she's still managing to survive. She's still taking photos and still has Kate as a friend. By that point she knows that animals can have spirits, so the Bluejay fits Chloe- something majestic and vibrant looking and that can go wherever it wants.
I don't see how the second one is heartbreaking. It's obvious most people in Arcadia Bay survived, so the Pendant is a reminder of where her home is. In that scenario she's happy and with Chloe. They're going around the country are are currently where ever the new protagonist is.

And this is all going by DONTNOD's logic. I know all evidence points to the storm is coming in both endings. But if there's even a cameo, they're not going to backtrack on that. And to say it's an alternate universe makes that idea canon. Which opens up numerous horrific possibilities.

At several points in season 2, during conversations with others, there is often a young woman in the background who keeps knocking things off high places by accident, but they keep reappearing intact and in their original spot.

thanks

Max is clumsy.

Being clumsy is probably more endearing when you can rewind time.

True. And Max isn't that bad. She only knocks stuff over when it's high up even Chloe would have difficulty reaching some of the stuff.

Tell me about it.

If they keep reappearing wouldn't it be so that they never fell in the first place?

The objects would stay in place, but to everyone else Max has the ability to teleport. Too bad we never got to exploit it like freaking the fuck out of Jefferson with it.
But maybe if you're viewing it from the eyes of someone with the same, or a similar, power you would see what's really happening.

I never considered the idea that Max could teleport, are you suggesting that it's when she moves whilst also rewinding time?

She doesn't move back to where she originally was when rewinding. For example if Max was standing in front of you and then quickly ran behind you, before you reacted she could rewind. She would stay behind you since she moved, but you would be rewound to before that happened. So to you it would seem like she just went from being in front of you to being behind you, instantly.
As long as Max herself moves and then rewinds to before anyone else would be aware that was she moving.

Huh, I suppose they did consider that and used it a few times in the game as well, like when they're breaking into the principal's office.

Exactly. Viewing it from Chloe's eyes, Max was somewhere else and then suddenly inside a room that is locked.
It creates the potential for a lot of things either serious for evading danger or taking down an enemy
Or for more fun things like being able to playfully sneak up on Chloe. Or even steal her clothes, hold on to them so the power doesn't affect them, and rewind so Chloe sees that she is suddenly undressed. Max can also do that with her own clothes.
But Max would -never- do something like that.

I hope we get a more in depth description into the background and effects of the powers in season 2, if there is a season 2.

The thought of leaving the characters behind is very depressing.

Kate is Chloe's plaything.

Kate belongs to Max!

>When you save the thumbnail

I know. But we did what we could to make things good for them. Many of us made up our own headcanon on what happens after, how their lives go, etc. And a new cast of characters means the ones we know now are free from DONTNOD's abuse.
What will be bad is if we love the new ones just as much and then are subjected to similar torture.

Pretty sure Max is taken.

>Tfw Season 2 was outsourced and already released as a prequel.

Pirates!

/lisg/ is gonna die way before E3

E3 is two weeks away.

If season 2 isn't announced there we're pretty much done (until season 2 is officially announced and I guess the threads will start up again).

>that 8k resolution

oh boy is it pirate time again!?!

I've turned to fanfiction. I just finished one last night, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable, and there's a sequel to that.

I've also not gotten to Love is Strange yet either, so I've still got that ahead of me!

The flames will eventually die, but the embers will still smolder somewhere deep inside you, waiting to be ignited. I've been attached to Evangelion since 1999.

We should have an 'End of the World' party thread, if nothing gets announced at E3.

She burns in my memories.

Please give me some Pricefield romance, preferably with erotic features.

I loved this game but the ending turned me off of it and ruined my whole experience. I kind of wish I could forget all about it since it was so meaningful and touching and then the ending was such a disappointment.

I'm not even making a Bae vs/ Bay argument, they were both hollow endings which felt so disconnected from the rest of the game.

I don't know if I could even be excited about a Season 2 since it likely will have nothing to do with Max and Arcadia Bay and I won't trust DONTNOD again.

Fool me once, shame on me.

DONTNOD is no better than Bioware. I'm sick of playing amazing, story driven, choice games that touch my heart and then being disappointed by the ending.

Believe me pal, I know how you feel.

Hey people!

As you may know or have seen lovingly mentioned by user last thread, we play in the VGL6 for the first time this Saturday.

One thing I've been meaning to do before then is revise the team's music, so I've put together a little questionnaire to receive you guys' input.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1T94-gYjqKtNgxnqD2gjVgQ9p4UuTc6Qwd7Fluxd0lGs/viewform

Basically, say what you think should be our anthem (song that plays as the team walks on at the start of each game, and plays us out when we win), and our goalhorn (song that plays during celebrations after scoring a goal). There's also a third section for any other ideas you may have. Anything separate or situational. I want to give Maximum Victory All Eyes on Me as a special horn, for example. We could have a separate song play when we win as well. Tell me what you think.

Some other relevant links:
implyingrigged.info/wiki//lisg/
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_6

Cheers.

I'm so excited!

to all of you american girls
it's sad to imagine a world without you

>Thank you for being an Everyday Hero
nice

I really liked the end of DA:I's final DLC. At least Bioware listen to player feedback and try to make amends, which is more than dontnod have bothered to do.

That's a great image, thank you for sharing it with me.

I was so looking forward to learning about animal spirits, medicine man time travel and the Presscott connection.
And Rachel.
Oh, God, Rachel.

I am so tired of being let down.
Hold me.

Haven't played DA:I yet. I'm waiting for it to get super cheap so I don't waste money on bitter disappointment.

What was that DLC like? Bioware were very selective about "addressing" fan complaints with the Mass Effect 3 extended ending.

>Hold me.
We're here for you user.

>I'm waiting for it to get super cheap so I don't waste money on bitter disappointment
The ending of the main story is underwhelming, but I feel like Trespasser wrapped things up nicely and set up for the fourth game. Probably depends how attached you get to the characters though.
And if you do get it, whatever you do don't try to do all the side quests/collectibles on your first run, it's unnecessary and will make the game a chore.

I think it just gave the story a bigger, more impactful ending. The main game was a bit 'oh, we won, it's over? After all that? Nothing else?'. No idea if the general consensus is good though, I picked the game up late so I didn't see much of the fan reaction.

Chloe is #1

We can agree to disagree

NO! VICKY IS #1

That's a strange way of saying Kate.

I disagree.

Thank you.

Chloe is better.

Sorry, I meant reading fanfiction, though I could probably drum up something crappy if you're desperate.

She looks like she's been crying. We need more happy Vic pictures.

Is there any other fandom/place as nice and comfy as lisg?

The far recesses of your own mind, in which you can wallow and slowly fall into a depressive state given the lack of any human contact.

I've been in /KSG/ from the start.
It's just as comfy as /lisg/, but we have a lot more people it seems, so we get our fair of shitters from time to time but a lot more people to be comfy with as well.

There probably are some. We're not always that cosy. Any time those men who shall not be named get brought up the threads get pretty uncomfy.

>Is there any other fandom/place as nice and comfy as lisg?
As nice and autistic*

good night /lisg/

>autistic
Considering the source material, can you blame us?