/fog/ - Fallout General

Rape dungeon edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3294/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10465/?
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_City_travel_log
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

waifus and lore living in harmony

Smelly Assaultron Ass

That would be nice...

BEST GFX MOD COMING THROUGH nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3294/?

I'm having fun going through this dungeon. Something about its design and the encounters. Found a full suit of X01, too.

How would you want to see a revamp of the Gunners be done?

I wouldn't, since most revamp ideas usually end up being shit.

I don't know why people are sew ass blasted that not everyone in the game world wants to hold your dick for you while you take a piss.

Some people are just dicks who don't want to, and have no reason to, talk to you.

I just want to know who the fuck is hiring the Gunners and Talon Company

>Some people are just dicks who don't want to, and have no reason to, talk to you.
But that's most people in the game. There's nothing to do in Fallout 4 except clear out groups of raiders, mutants, and ghouls.

>There's nothing to do in Fallout 4 except clear out groups of raiders, mutants, and ghouls.
Except all those quests that have nothing to do with that stuff.

The fact that they shoot on sight is retarded

Make them seem more like a professional mercenary group that wasn't designed by a 12 year old

Apparently they're supposed to be a mercenary group that do take missions and kill targets for 'the right price" but they're literally just raiders who kill everyone for no reason, except with better weapons.

In Fallout 3, probably Tenpenny.

In Fallout 4, I dunno, Kellogg? He knows you're onto him so he tries to get someone to take care of you?

Big, big, big, big, BIG!

>But that's most people in the game.
Its almost like its a post-apocalyptic wasteland were only the strong survive or something!

so what, the prewar quests, coming out of the vault, and chasing kellogg?
every other quest has you going somewhere, killing everything, getting something then coming back for a pat on the head and the next questmarker leading to more of the same

How hard would it be to make a mod that makes fusion cores not automatically replace, and go down to 0% instead of disappearing, so you have to get out and manually replace the cores?

Would it be possible to add like a building you can place in settlements, that's just like a container you can chuck fusion cores into and it slowly adds charge to them? So you could put your 0% cores in there and come back in a few days to have some charged up ones?

Or the ability to craft two cores together to get one 0% core and one with the charge of the two you started with combined onto it?

Can you make it so you can apply mods directly to power armor frame?
I was thinking of something like a "hybrid" system, like how a car uses the friction of braking to charge the battery, make it so the basic version will take the inertia of falling and make it add a small amount of charge when you land, and then a more advanced version could recharge the core instead of draining it if you're just walking, not sneaking, running or sprinting, maybe even a super advanced version that adds gives you a bit of energy damage resistance and makes the frame absorb energy damage to use some to recharge the core.

Painting the frames could be a nice touch too.

I've really been wanting to make some mods for this game, but I have no idea how posible my ideas are.

>Except all those quests that have nothing to do with that stuff.
You mean all those quests that have you clearing out groups of raiders, mutants, and ghouls?

Is Fallout 4 your first Fallout?

Talon Company get hired by everyone from Tenpenny, to Littlehorn, to just random people with enough caps.

Similarly, The Gunners get hired by everyone from seedy wasteland merchants, to Jack Cabot, to Old Man stockton, people with money and back room connections to get a hold of them.

>let's shoot anyone who approaches that'll get us new contracts :D

Either give them a reason to be dickheads or limit their shoot-on-site shit to active operations. Give them an in-city presence, maybe integrate it with settlements, you get big enough and they come to either offer their services for a cost, get bigger than that and they send a rep whom you can take or turn away, if you keep him he uses the settlement as a base of operations, taking jobs for the gunners and paying you a dividend of the loot/caps.

D L C

Mercenary Workshop

I understand that Fallout 3 babies would misunderstand the Fallout series because they started with 3 and never played 1 and 2, so they thought it was supposed to be like that, but now that we've had New Vegas there's no excuse for this ignorance.

> but now that we've had New Vegas there's no excuse for this ignorance.
You mean the game were both Sawsyer and Avellone did everything in their power to destroy bot the Legion and NCR because both think the games were getting to civilized and advanced?

New vegas was literally Obsidian admitting they kinda got themselvs in a whole by making the NCr so large, so they magicked up an equally large rival, then gave both sides fundamental problems that will lead to their downfall, assuming one doesn't totally kill the other first

The entire purpose behind New Vegas was to show civilization ends up shitting itself, and to reset everything back to the way it was in Fallout 1/2.

anyone found out more about this?

really fucking odd thing to add

its in the second story of the ruined house furhter up the road from the red rocket gas station in far harbour

I think being able to hire them to protect settlements could be cool, like you pay them ~200 caps and you get a few extra guys patrolling a settlement for like a week.
Hell maybe just purchasable guards and provisioners if that's too complex.
Better warning signs around their outposts if they insist on shooting everything that gets within 100 feet, "gunners only, fuck off" or "no civilians, go [some other place] if you have business."

It's especially retarded too because Skyrim added a new NPC behavior where bandits and such would draw their weapons and tell you to back off from their territory before going hostile.

If you left they'd go back to whatever they were doing before, but if you didnt leave theyd attack

They'd remember you too, if you kept leaving and then returning they'd attack you on sight afterwards.

This behavior and lines for it are still in the game files if the CK is to be believed.

it's just a random out of place photo

there's one in crookback bog or whatever the name of the little island in the south is

There's a HUGE disparity between Fallout 4 and NV, 1, and 2 though.

What ignorance? Just because one area is thriving doesn't mean another should be thriving. We have people living in skyscrapers in the US and China, but in mud huts in Africa. The fact one exists does not mean another shouldn't?

Let's also point out that the major cities in Fallout 1/2 arose from either people emerging from Vaults with functioning GECKs or due to the actions of the player's character. In Fallout 3, only ONE Vault still had humans living in it and the main experiment for that Vault was for it to never open.

You're also forgetting that DC was decimated by Nuclear Strikes, whilst New Vegas suffered barely any damage thanks to Mr House.

I get you think NV > 3, but doesn't excuse your levels of autistic stupidness friend. :)

but whats it a picture of??

NUKA WORLD

Actually, they came up with Legion back in Van Buren.

>Either give them a reason to be dickheads
They have a reason, they have the largest guns, and in the wasteland, he who has the largest guns wins, and doesn't need to ask.

>or limit their shoot-on-site shit to active operations.
Gunners only shoot on sight if you approach one of tier larger bases like GNN and quincy.

Gunners in the smaller unmarked camps they have across the wasteland will frequently tell you to back off because its a restricted area in control of the Gunners.

>Give them an in-city presence
Except no one will allow them in except Goodneighbor.

>you get big enough and they come to either offer their services for a cost, get bigger than that and they send a rep whom you can take or turn away
They have no need for that when they can just attack you, take all your shit, and sell it.

probably some inside joke from Bethesda. Who cares

some random place, seems european but it may be an old area of the commonwealth

I'm always picturing the Gunners as a splintered faction with internal conflict, got synth infiltration from the Institute, recruiting from Raiders who have a hard time accepting the paramilitary discipline of the Gunners, so over time things have just broken down with them, a few guys stick to the old ways, a few still take jobs, and a few are just content to be raiders who rape and pillage.

Have a quest with some of the traditionalist gunners where you go out to either talk sense into or wipe out the more unruly gangs and try to reform the Gunners back to what they used to be.

Do you know where to find that? I'd love to get into making mods but the creation kit wiki is absolutely useless, how did people even figure this stuff out in the early days of modding?

Obviously just some dev fucking around with some shitty pic of his home town or something

>They have no need for that when they can just attack you, take all your shit, and sell it.
They clearly do since the Sole Survivor slaughters them in every engagement against them.

>There's a HUGE disparity between Fallout 4 and NV, 1, and 2 though.
Not really, outside of shady Sands and Vault city, both of whci hwere built by GECKs, most towns in Fallout 1/2 were people slumming in half ruined buildings with holes in their roofs and half collapsed walls, or in dinky shacks like Junktown.

Which is exactly how it is in Fo3 and NV.

Except the people in Fallout 3/4 have trade routes hundreds of miles long going all the way up and down the coast from The Commonwealth to the Broken Banks, and from Ronto to the Pitt to D.C.

They also show an ability to fix up and use boats for sea based trade, whereas in Fallout 1/2, and even NV, we hear of no such similar thing, and the repairing of the oil tanker to reach the enclave's base was considered an odd thing.

Any mods that add healing/illness variation survival?

They are still used in the game, see

>Gunners only shoot on sight if you approach one of tier larger bases like GNN and quincy.

>Gunners in the smaller unmarked camps they have across the wasteland will frequently tell you to back off because its a restricted area in control of the Gunners.

My game kept randomly crashing so I launched FO4Edit

What the fuck do I do with this.

>most towns in Fallout 1/2 were people slumming in half ruined buildings with holes in their roofs and half collapsed walls, or in dinky shacks like Junktown
I don't think you've played 1 or 2, because if you did you'd know they had thriving towns and cities. The condition of some of the buildings may be questionable, but they're still large towns with huge communities and trading. You've got places like the Hub, NCR, Jacob's Town, New Reno, Redding, ect.
These towns are much bigger and more dense than anything in Fallout 3 or 4, which is just tiny shanty towns.

Wow, just like Diamond City

Fuck off, Diamond City is tiny, it's just a small shanty town like Megaton. It's not even as big as Freeside.

>canon is this
>I'm gonna prove you wrong by claiming I don't care about canon

What a complete retard. I wonder how people like this even exist

>These towns are much bigger and more dense than anything in Fallout 3 or 4, which is just tiny shanty towns.
Are people really this retarded?

Let me break it down for you.

The area of land covered by games like Fallout 3, NV, and Fallout 4, is that of the area the Boneyard covers.

How many major settlements does the boneyard have? The Answer is 1, and that is the central Boneyard area itself.

Beyond that, it has an umber of far smaller communitys of 20-30 people each in outlying areas.

comparing the number of large towns in Fallout 1/2, to that of fo3 ,4, or even Nv, is retarded, because it ignores all the context behind how many area those games cover.

If you want to do an actual comparison between Fallout 1/2, and the newer Fallout games, it would be a comparisons between Reno, The Den, The Hub, and The boneyard, and that of the Capital Wasteland, The Commonwealth, The Pitt, Ronto, and The Broken Banks.

And from what we have seen of The Capital Wasteland, The Pitt, and the commonwealth, each has one large city, with numerous outlying settlements of only a few people, and large trade routes between them

Exactly like Fallout 1-2.

>freeside
that empty dump

Are we talking physically in the game? Or in lore? Because lorewise Diamond City and Rivert City were huge

t b q h familia I love the freeside motel, it's my favorite place in FNV

Why didn't bethesda include a voice slider to change the pitch?

>Empty
>As many NPC's as Diamond City
>More quests than Diamond City
Why do /fog/ think that shit-posting about New Vegas will somehow make Fallout 4 better?

i was until i found that nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10465/?
did literally the same exact design as me

>Because lorewise Diamond City and Rivert City were huge
How huge could they possibly be? Unless in lore they're supposed to go beyond the borders of a baseball stadium and aircraft carrier there's a significant limit on how big they could be.

>Because lorewise Diamond City and Rivert City were huge
there is also this.

Fenway Park can seat over 37,000 people.

Obviously since people have homes and not chairs the number of people lving in-town would be smaller, but with the grounds, the stands, and the west stands, there could easily be several thousand people living in Diamond City in lore.

And given that Diamond city is over 100 years old, its basically impossible that there isn't

Why do /fog/ think that shit-posting about Fallout 4 will make anything better?

>there could easily be several thousand people living in Diamond City in lore
That's a hell of a stretch.

day /fog/ is one guy
its only one guy when its 3 am

>Legitimate complaint or criticism
>Shit-posting
Looks like Bethesdrones are the ones who can't handle the bantz after all :^)

>That's a hell of a stretch.
Not by any means, especially given that numerous NPCs mention how basically everyone in the commonwealth, which includes the entire state of Massachusetts beyond the game borders, has either lived in, or been in, Diamond City at one point or another.

Do you know how big Fenway Park and an Aicraft carrier are?

See this post for Fenway Park
And most US aircraft can carry a crew of 5,000. That number goes up when you remove all the planes and people living on the deck.

Try again kiddo

that dimond city is way out of scale

Scrap for the Scrap God?

>7 months of the exact same "legitimate criticism" over and over again

Cool

>complaint

If you have something to say to Bethesda about their game, go tell it to Bethesda in the appropriate place, complaining on /fog/ all day won't chance a single thing about the game or its sequels

>And most US aircraft can carry a crew of 5,000. That number goes up when you remove all the planes and people living on the deck.
There is this also

Though obviously the ship being broken, and the lower decks being infested with Miruelruks would lower that number.

Still, we are talking about a population that could easily reach 2-3 thousand

You do know that the NCR only has 700,000 people right?

Better not discuss Fallout 4 in the Fallout general.
Fuck you, even the Bethesda forums aren't this much of a fanboy hugbox.

if only

not him but, that was during the Fallout 2 times.

by New Vegas their population has probably reached close to 1 million.

every single one of you know that the reason this cool shit isn't in the game is because gamebyro can't handle it
and if you disagree with me you're a console babby

Mod?

>every single one of you know that the reason this cool shit isn't in the game is because gamebyro can't handle it
Actually the engine CAN handle it, as we saw with both Vivec City in Morrowind and The Imperial City in Oblivion.

They don't do it because people complained out the ass about both being too large, too difficult to navigate, and otherwise to big to be enjoyable to walk through.

>le engine meme

it's because bethy is a) incompetent and b) catering to consoles

neader made it himself i dont know if he has a download anywhere

Why do casuals insist on ruining everything?

So why is it fine to assume that all the cities/towns in Fallout 1/2 have high populations but not in 3/4 purely because you can't physically see it in game?

Here's let play a game with actuals facts, from the first two games most of the cities/towns had populations numbering in the hundreds OR a couple of thousand

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_City_travel_log

>How hard would it be to make a mod that makes fusion cores not automatically replace, and go down to 0% instead of disappearing, so you have to get out and manually replace the cores?

Not terribly hard if you know how to do scripting. Idk why you'd want this tho.

>Would it be possible to add like a building you can place in settlements, that's just like a container you can chuck fusion cores into and it slowly adds charge to them?

Since there is no object in vanilla that does this, you would again need to write a script. Not difficult to do, if you know Papyrus.

>Or the ability to craft two cores together to get one 0% core and one with the charge of the two you started with combined onto it?

Not sure if this is possible even with scripting. You could allow two 0% cores to be combined into a single 100% core, this would just be a recipe like the chemistry or cooking recipes, no scripting required.

>Can you make it so you can apply mods directly to power armor frame?

There is already a mod for this on the Nexus. Also, take a look at the CROSS pre-war Cybernetics mod.

>Imperial City
You know each section was a separate area right and they didn't load at the same time? You know each section had between 20-30 NPCs right?

I will bet you that 90% of FO4's player population has never gone into the diamond city school, science! center, radio station, or guard house because it's too much of a hassle for them to walk all the way there past the (completely outside for ease of access) market and go inside

>The entire purpose behind New Vegas was to show civilization ends up shitting itself, and to reset everything back to the way it was in Fallout 1/2.
>he didn't back House
>he isn't living it up on Mars with a harem of robot waifus
>laughing_couriers.jpg

>So why is it fine to assume that all the cities/towns in Fallout 1/2 have high populations but not in 3/4 purely because you can't physically see it in game?
What? my entire point was counter to that idea

vivec city was cool but imperial city?
really?

imperial city has like 4 npcs and half of that number is guards that stand in 1 spot 24 hours a day

>Idk why you'd want this tho
Muh immersion
Imagine your core running out in the middle of a battle because you didn't have the foresight to put in a fresh one before going in.

Is Papyrus the language you use to make shit in CK? There's like no good documentation on how to use this shit.

That building in top picture looks awfully unstable. Who the fuck would put a store under it?

Much less build god damn treehouses on it.

the same people that build houses inside of it and and live in those houses

Never mind the store, who the fuck would put living quarters ON it?

>half of that number is guards that stand in 1 spot 24 hours a day
Each guard in every city has his own patrol route. If you follow one, you'll see another guard come up to them and tell them their shift is over, then they'll go to the barracks. There, they'll eat, read a book or train, then go to sleep.

Cuz Mods would do it

this t b q h familia

with a few mods the thiefgame in oblivion is GOAT

yeah but did you see that mudcrab?

Well Automatron was shit, Far Harbor any good?

I like automaton more than far harbor t b q h

Same people who build a city around undetonated nuclear bomb

Tell him I hate him.