/ss13g/ spessmen on a spess station

"Good Times" Edition.

Last time on /ss13g/
>Killette gets mad at an AI
>Ghlor gets mad at a security officer
>Underage russian ic in oocs about walter (the TEG)
>nothing happens
>catmos techs when

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10350212
strawpoll.me/10350240
strawpoll.me/10350341
youtube.com/watch?v=igpOzhAkKhw
ss13polaris.com/files/map_4-24-16.png
wiki.ss13.co/Guide_to_Being_Robust
a.pomf.cat/sdilnx.webm
a.pomf.cat/zehtqw.webm
ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Songs
tgstation13.org/wiki/Songs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IMPORTANT POLLS, IT'LL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE

strawpoll.me/10350212
strawpoll.me/10350240
strawpoll.me/10350341

Hosting polaris code and porting vgstation over when

Weird part about Polaris is about how fucking huge their station is, but it's never got enough people to come close to justifying the size.

It's a great map though

NUKE EM NUKLEAR

The maintenance tunnels in the rock look so good

We should honestly just steal their map.

It'd be better than bus, and it's not got huge fucking problems like bus.

i want to eat fried vox with beer batter

>no tits - 1 vote
Hello Celt

back to where you came from.

>beer batter
>on bird meat

Choke yourself on a cheeseburger you pleb

>this isn't on the jukebox yet

youtube.com/watch?v=igpOzhAkKhw

Any renders?

>space is too easy to break out everyone has suits
>let's instead use something that can be defeated by internals
what the fuck?

Prisoners don't get internals user

The only pleb here is you.

Fried chicken is best without beer batter

>Arma 3
Nah we kicked his ass out, but he's also into Dota 2

Chicken's a denser, juicer meat and you typically batter it to seal that in so it's made tender by the frying process. Beer batter's much lighter than a regular coating so you'd lose a lot of the chicken's flavour to the frying and when you eat it the batter will have no hold and just slip off like paper in your mouth.

Beer batter works best on light foods like fish or onions to compliment the texture compared to regular batter, but some people prefer the thicker, crunchier coating anyway.

ss13polaris.com/files/map_4-24-16.png

It's very interesting and I wish I had thought of putting seams of rock inside the station itself when I started my asteroid station project then shelves it to do more immediate things. It looks very nice but there are some missed opportunities to showcase it, like windows instead of rwalls.

The server itself is laggier than what I'm used to on vg and I'm constantly reminded of all the small, wonderful QoL things we have.

Only problem I have is Maint is shit, there's no little areas of fun like we have on box with the ghetto botany and the ghetto morgue for example. There's no area to play around and build.

Makes sense that an RP server would lack that stuff though

Can we subject every new player to a basic english language test and ban them if they use OOC terms IC or can't into proper grammar?

I'm so sick of every other word being misspelled, 'plz help' and "who that is?"

>Pre-wired solars
C A S U L S

oh and it's all simulated and the default turf is the asteroid

The fun maint areas were recently made on box. They could add them easily as we did

They won't.

Trying to have fun is banned on polaris

That is a big map(for everyone). I must be why it is so laggy. Also imagine a xeno infestation on that map and them knocking out power and lights so you have to fight them in the dark.

Yes the map size and all of it being simulated is a portion of it. But fighting lag has been the one thing we've done well and we've been doing it for the last 2 years like crazy.

Playing on another servers like going back in time.

So far the only thing that's really wow'd me (other than the rocks and overall design of the station which is very nice) is how comfy virology is. It does an excellent job of feeling open without taking up a lot of space.

>tfw gay for kammerjunk

Polaris map when???

That looks comfy, who did that Virology?

You're an idiot.

Holy shit Polaris looks dead on the coding front. Their github isn't on the main page and sort of hidden away and the mapping forum is dead. Also they have bugs and features stuck in GitHub hell. Do they even bother stealing other sever's code too?

dude look at their commit history

left or right

I can't keep up with who does everything on the server I do play on

Left 1000x over right god damn

right, the left one looks too low and like it's on rollers

Left, where's that sprite from? We can steal tg/bay bedsheets too but we'd need to resprite all the capes

copy paste strats

Capes are horrific anyways, they are in need for a resprite since the sprite was made.

yeah they were a nice addition though

Shit man, at least keep the sick shading of the left one. The problem with right is that it's flat as fuck. The legs actually look like they're under the bed on the left one.

Bedsheet on back for cape, bedsheet in suit slot for wrapping yourself up or making a cloak, bedsheet on head for GHOST MODE

Holy fucking shit gateway missions are the stupidest thing ever made.
When the gateway activates everyone forgets how to behave like a fucking sane person and starts to break into secure areas to get as many "items" as possible.
EVA and armoury? Looted. HoP's office and chemistry? All the fucking windows are broken. Same thing for bridge, the teleporter and the gateway. Then the crew fucking disappears and the station becomes a ghost town for the next half hour. It's like playing in fucking lowpop.
If someone manages to come back he carries a shitton of fucking weapons and the station is too fucked up to continue to play normally.

Yes I'm mad so fuck your ick in ock. I've come to play spacestation 13, not my little fucking dungeon in the away mission. I hope whoever made this eats shit and dies.

ick ock
ban

desu goon does it best

Away missions should just be one events where the whole crew works together to beat it.

Shouldn't be forced into regular rounds.

FUCK YOU MR PAIN 666

t. Yahir

the biggest issue with our away missions and vaults is that they're full of robust mobs that require guns to kill that guard treasure instead of fun places to explore
our best vault is the carp asteroid and even then it's got problems

Prisoners don't get spacesuits either, except Plasmamen which go into the fucking gulag.

At least there will be a cell in the right for them to be contained if keeping them in perma is a risk

For the record, Grant Day, that was a fantastic round for me when you were the vamp. Well done.

Wasn't me but that user is right you know

wiki.ss13.co/Guide_to_Being_Robust

why would i say something like that?
i love away missions

what if someone starts shitposting by spectating and posting ick ook in the thread to frame the guy they're spectating and get him banned

Serb has an anti-ickock measure where your ckey is watermarked in extremely low opacity over your screen, so you can't ickock with screenshots.
If you ickock very early on, it's pretty clear that it's an observer doing it
If you ickock very late on, then it doesn't really matter very much and you are accomplishing nothing

You could, but if you kept doing so the admins would likely contact you too if you were moving along with that person. This is bannable by ban baiting.

>so you can't ickock with screenshots.
yes you can
>see X get killed and thrown into a backroom
>post ITTT "hey guys don't forget about my body it's in ___"
but how would they know who you are?

That's not with a screenshot you dumb fuck

Well. First anyone acting on it would get banned. The players (except the newest of the new) aren't retarded. At worst you're really just baiting people who are shitbags into getting themselves banned.

Second I will check all the observers, make notes, compare it when it happens again and only a few names on the same list will match.

Then it's off to "I'm never unbanning you, you time wasting malicious cunt" town you go.

How deadpop feels like
a.pomf.cat/sdilnx.webm

>DrinkOrangeaid.png Orange-Aid will fix your eyes if your vision is impaired from welding.
They just sell imidazoline in a vending machine? That's so stupid

Pretty sure one of the vending drinks we have does the same.

Pretty sure the orange stuff heals burn wounds.

but how would you know whodunnit
movement isn't logged admins
get fucked

Goonstation is so vastly different from other station.

there antags so way more fun than ours

>there antags so way more fun than ours
foreign underage B& when

Dress for the Moment Edition
a.pomf.cat/zehtqw.webm

br gib antag i repurt u

>Old space wind was a result of actual atmosphere leaking from the station into space. This created suction that could pull you into space.
>It was removed.

I mean
I know we don't have suction either (airflow can only push you, not pull you on Veeky Forums)
But that's because ZAS never supported it, not because we removed it.
Why would you remove that?

I think they removed a bunch of things related to atmos to cut down on lag

Security should force the crew to behave, only those hand picked by the captain should be allowed to enter the gateway

Pretty sure we don't

>implying the captain and security aren't the first to go through leaving the station to fend for themselves but because they're the 'combat jobs' they have the right to go first

Assistants should be the only ones who can enter the gateway

Well then such captain should be banned! The captain leaves the ship last!

>let's add something unfeasible to enforce and just ban everyone who doesn't get it right lol
great idea let's port bay's RP-based revolution gamemode while we're at it

I liked the colonialization mission we had a few days ago. It didn't feel like SS13, but it was fun working together with the entire crew to make that snow world inhabitable

Yeah! We were chaging the rules anyway, let's add in mandatory RP! We could even hard code in an automatic ban for those, who don't emote at least once in thirty seconds, with heads being recuired to emote breathing, otherwise they start taking asphyxation damage

>tfw one of my only notes is being a potential suspect thread ick ocker

I have no way to disprove this and just have to hope you guys don't make a mistake and I'm wrongly banned. That or I just have that note 5ever and it never gets resolved. I swear I didn't do it!

W A L T E R

>tfw have a note for being a 'box baby'

>tfw dont know where to check note

>tfw have a note for asking for your notes

>miners spend all shift on the rock and don't bring back a single piece of anything all shift

what even was that round?
did ya'll just sacrifice a bunch of shit to the admin for chaos?

HAIL SATAN

I didn't get a gun ;_;

>tfw have a note for liking reddit

robotman made a bunch of catbeasts and we lit them on fire
he prayed for fun
admins bussed in some sort of gateway

that was fun as hell

Sorry about the bar guys, had a misclick while trying to be robust.

Admins get all the fun toys ;_;

>watching the lasers all converge on a single target whenever the bus drove past someone

ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Songs

If I understand correctly, it's a meme among admins to give a player a note the first time they ask for their notes
I certainly have one, and many other people do too

That is the old, outdated, and busted Veeky Forums wiki. Use the new one instead

tgstation13.org/wiki/Songs

our guitar and piano sound like ass though

What the fuck is that pink skeleton thing