/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO MAKE NEW THREAD edition

>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
"Civil War has come to Avengers Academy for a limited time! Captain America and Iron Man's opposing views on how to keep the Academy safe divide the Super Heroes, but Hydra threatens them all. Can Captain America and Iron Man put aside their differences to defend the Academy?"
In which we count down until the next episode where they will surely introduce another game breaking bug.

Old thread:

Why the fuck this image

not even the ones who have been Avengers?

You'd have to ask TinyCo, but I very much doubt you'll get a straight answer.

Rightclops is always on topic

No

Man I won't be able to get MH to level 5 or all of Bucky's levels. The fact that I can't fight the normal goons is the big issue. Oh well maybe if I finish getting the mats to unlock Bucky I can get MH to level 5 in time.

So the meta is:

Get to level 5,
Grind guards to get normal goons to 9,
Get tier three mats to upgrade resistant,
Focus on RS once streak resets?

That's what I am doing

You would want to get to 11. Might have to shard the first 2 tier3 mats, depending on how you start.

Alternatively just use 40 shards to upgrade both of the resistant sides but I don't really want to encourage TinyCo like that.

I can't find where to level up Black Panther and Wonderman up to rank four. Can someone help?

Just select them manually and hit the green arrow to upgrade them.

I was doing it in between event stuff and wow I'm actually finally tapped out of story progression to do.

I mean, I've got upgrade missions for the Hulks and Pepper but still.

Did a rough spreadsheet on this strat. The material that sets me back are orange belts. The 400 needed from 7->9 hits hard.

I just noticed I hit, and that there is, a max level for the Civil War experience.

Oh boy, only a few more quests and I'll finally unlock Falcon!

yeah, needign 200 right at 7 is fucking bullshit

Falcon's a bit bland, but he's still a cool character and his interactions with Kamala are nice.

I hope we get a break from these month long events 2 in a row is pretty hardcore

Apparently we're going back to regular story progression after this.

Probably not even gonna bother with red skull. They need to nerf him

they just need to change it so that his streak 3 or 4 boss battle drops the level 10 shit

It's pretty easy right now to unlock Bucky. Upgrading him is another story.

>Starting a thread with an image of a character we may never see
Why

I just got my first rank 5 Sif what a great feeling. I want rank 5 Crossbones now but crystals don't help for some reason.

Why do people complain about this? This is how TinyCo makes money. This is the content that is being "focused" on. Main story is nothing to them.

A decent Idea is to do maybe like a week off so people can get a paycheck and keep up maybe?

I fucking hate the design of these generals. The text is fucking garbage and useless. Absolutely no information that would be remotely useful is carried over. I mean I thought the subreddit was bad but this is another level.

>he can't afford shards

If you aren't in debt buying 1000s of shards every month quit now.

Im using a modded apk and have around 27k shards. The problem is it isn't the newest version so no Red Skull yet and it doesn't work 100%. It's suppose to give me 1k shards everytime I beat an enemy and it doesn't so I only get 500 shards a blue quest.

Can you extemd the streak by a day using shards like it did with last event?

Bump

Probably

well shit, I may have been hit by whatever bug has been locking people out. I've been trying for ten minutes to get in game, and it keeps crashing at the marvel logo screen.

Is it the one that you get RS without beating MH? Yeah it fucks you up

try reinstalling

no, I'm well past that.

My game regularly crashes at that screen. It takes 2-5 attempts before I can log in every time I play.

Why did they make the Agent side 400 goddamn Field Gear? You can definitely get the Battlegear from S5 Red Skull guards but there's no way I can 400 of those shits.

because buy more generators

So this seems (and is) like a really dumb question, but how do you reset the streak without waiting for the 24 hours? I thought we could force reset, I just don't know how to do it.

The X in the window. Next to Streak Ends in ....

Ayy didn't see that, yup feeling stupid. Thanks man.

>tfw ill have to stay up til 2 am to prevent the end of the streak
>only streak 4

>tfw just started streak 5
>gonna have to spend all day balancing RS and mooks to max mats before resetting with a few minutes left
This fucking game I swear

literally me in two hours

>THUNDERBOLTS CONFIRMED

2017!

Seems like you can't get more than 50 battle plans from the mission board before they stop showing up. Or at least I'm not getting them anymore.

>just got off my 9-HR job
>got my green mooks leveling up now
>don't work for the next three days in a row
>I'm ready

Dont think in gonna be able to rank up wm or mh. Dtupid rrd skull and taking all the resources

>Red Skull streak 5 takes two of each mook
>I will only be able to hit him twice per 6 hour cycle if I'm on top of everything and keep my the training rotated

What the shit

If I bought SpiderMan or Sif now, would either of them be helpful with upgrading robots or agents? They're both at level 7 now, not sure if I can get them to 10 within the week

Whoa there TinyCo, don't get too generous with the gold platings, we are still 6 months from christmas.

you sure as hell don't want spider-man for 20 bucks

happy hanukkah eve

No. In fact, you'll get dicked cause that'll be more characters you need to upgrade. The game basically works in two ways, either you don't pay a single cent and you'll just be able to upgrade the free characters, or you pay for everything and pay to upgrade everything. There's no in between. Look at everyone that bought the GotG premos and couldn't upgrade them at the time

Either you just farm the guards or hit him with full capacity. Hitting him periodically is the dumbest shit you could do.

How am I going to hit him with full capacity when his guards re spawn within an hour? Do his guards drop cap cards? I just want to unlock Bucky

Basically it seems like we have to stagger the streak 4 attack waves in a manner that allows us to have enough troops remaining at that victory to attack him 3 times during streak 5. I think actually writing out your schedule can give you an idea of if it's possible for you to actually beat him as it is. If it's already impossible you might be better off giving up on him and just using his minions to farm items for the duration of streak 5 or you can just quit the streak right away and try again with streak 1.

Seriously, WHY does MH's usb drop only one at a time? FML.

If I bought SpiderMan or Sif now, would either of them be helpful with upgrading robots or agents? They're both at level 7 now, not sure if I can get them to 10 within the week

Sorry for posting this again, stupid phone

I think most people switched to the new meta, where you just grind Streak 5 goons, with an end result of higher resistant upgrades which makes Streak 5 easier, with a chance to do Streak 7 if nerfs/extension happens.

BLACKED

We still have a week left, seems like we have a lot of time left

I don't think so. You need 12 units just to beat a LV10 @ 9. 12 hours just to train then another 12 to upgrade. This is just for the ability to farm the drops. It won't be efficient and you need a shitton of the drops to level up everything. And you have to do it twice.

Lets not forget the fact that you need at least Lv9 resistant soldiers to beat 7. That's 51 high-end drops. FOR ONE SIDE. To get even get those at a reasonable rate you need Rank 12 regulars which needs another 14. So okay we have heaps of time.

U r dum & shuld leav

This dead thread already left me.

I don't even care. As long as I can beat Streak 5 I'll have everything I want apart from Red Skull in a cube. If I get upgrade materials after that, that's cool, but if I don't get it that's fine too.

Red skull prison>>>>>>>> bucky

I agree especially since Bucky is just early access, but I'd still like to get both.

I can't wait for this event to be over. I just want to get my upgrades first.

Well, I unlocked bucky. It cost like 60 ad shards, but here we go.

God he looks so boring and shitty. all of his costumes are pretty much the same.

If Fucky is early access then does that mean we can upgrade him later after the event?

:^)

What's still throwing me off is there's 7 days left in the event, and they've yet to implement premo goons which are in the code. Wonder when they're gonna dump them. I would have figured as early as possible to get the maximum amount of shekels from idiots

I'll finish streak 4 in 3 hours and enter streak 5 soon. I hope I'll manage. Does anyone knows if Red Skull gives long range communicators?

Are you going for streak 5 or just grinding?
Streak 5 RS dropps 45 long range comms but his blue guards drop 15 each.

Nobody dropps interstellar comms though.

Just because it's in the code it doesn't mean they will actually use it. We didn't get to use Loki in GotG event.

I think I'll go for streak 5. I want to finish that at least, then reset and reach it again, to get bucky.

wonderman's sucks because it's 1 at a time and only from agents

Red skull doesnt drop enough knives. Xbones needs 20 for rank 5 and conpleting his streak youbobky have to 15 total looks like you need at least one reset

>TinyJew
>missing the opportunity to make money
Loki's in the code for this event too, but clearly he's used as a placeholder for testing since he's one of the three starting characters in the game.

There's probablilty that they don't know what they're doing right now.
Again.

If we're unlucky their idea of a nerf this time will be introducing premium goons (stronger and no training time) and giving everyone 2 of each for free.

I see people in Reddit and the facebook page complaining about the premium characters and the extra work they have to do in order to max rank them, or that they are practically useless after a week or so, or when the next phase begins. The same as the GotG event and I'm guessing they'll have the same complaints in later events.

It's just baffling to see stuff like that...

Probably.

But to be fair they do advertise the premium characters as being useful.

Sif is the most recent one and she was already useless when she appeared.
Getting one lvl 1 belt/comm every 4 hours when goons drop it 8 at a time at least is ridiculous, and she stopped being able to dance for hydra tokens for me too.

To be extremely fair they do advertise them correctly legally, but they are misleading as hell.
You can have a character say that it gives x5 items with a 2 hour action, but they can hide the fact that you need to max rank them in order to unlock that action. Then do it once and remove said action, since you maxed the hidden "counter" they implemented in that specific character.

Tbh, Nebula an pd Yondu were more useful than WM and Sif. Orbs were always hard to get, and they nerfd both at the end very much. I was able to do two groups to fight Ronan, and well, yeah. The problem of course the fucking chair, which was always occupied, and you had to choose if you want some orbs of train Yondu.
Plaits this event are not rare at all, I think I have them like 100. And 4/6 hours for one object, when you need 200 is hilarious.

Did anyone else not get enough Crossbones level 5 upgrade items from Dell Rusk? I thought part of the point of beating him past the Crossbones streak was to get enough upgrade items.

I just don't get why the premiums aren't more useful, besides waifu bait.

Why can't Sif produce the mid tier comms/belts? Why can't Spidey make more arc/plans at once?

Because the game isn't made for you to buy premos alone and expect them to be helpful. You have to buy the premos, and the material generators, and use shards to cut down on timing, and use shards to buy materials, etc etc. It's either go all out when buying premos, or don't

Guess that makes sense, but it just seems entirely pointless since premiums are their main source of income for these events.

>premiums are their main source of income
Ultra whales are their main source of income, like every other mobile game. The ones who just buy characters are a small fraction of their profit.

I think the problem, especially with this event, is that the paid items are really not worth it at all. The Generators are pretty obsolete (and were for the most part even when the game first started). There's absolutely no reason to get the multipacks of golds, and the only things worth buying (the characters) are relatively useless. WM at least could crank out a bunch of the platings early on, but after that there wasn't much point. As someone else mentioned, Sif was dead on arrival as the mats she made were far too costly to waste time getting. Spidey is an absolute joke.

At least with GotG, Yondu and Nebula had some life out of them, plus they had decent stats for the fights.

Sif could have been rectified (Spidey and WM too) if they could grind for coins separately like Blue Hulk did for the Hulkamania event. Sif could get one and that's it...