/eog/ EVE Online General

no shitposting edition

permalink: orph.link/eog

old: fuck you

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/t9Af7NJY
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: new "drilling platforms"
>Fall: new "industrial arrays", barge reworks
>Summer: AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, citadel iterations + contracts, Rorqual rework
>May 31: Old camera being removed
>May 30: Dust 514 shutting down (long live Project Nova)
>May 24: SP Dailies

Ongoing:
>May 20: PL Fortizar on Goon's Saranen undock

Past:
>May 19: HK anchors first XL Citadel
>May 16: Stunt Flores now Imperium FC
>May 12: You can name ships automatically with a saved fit's name now
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 25: Eve players contributed 167 years of work to Project Discovery
>Apr 23: Fanfest 2016 over
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Apr 19: GSF camped into Saranen
>Apr 10: Drone Walkers doing some crazy stuff in the Russian theater
>Apr 12: GSF absorbing Imperium corps; FCON + SMA bail
>Mar 28: CFC is dying. CO2 reset. IWI funding the MBC to burn down goons
>Mar 18: Guristas Hunt event (Shekel Madness: 3D)
>Mar 09: Project Discovery launched + massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/M396ND3F
strawpoll.me/10356094
youtube.com/watch?v=L1KAwWCRF8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OFFICIAL LIST OF WORST TYPES OF PLAYERS IN EVE:

1. Nullsec botters/ratters/mission runners
2. Highsec botters/ratters/mission runners
3. Nullbabby napfest blobbers
4. Lowsec 'elite' link-alt slave set pvpers
5. 'hisec pvp'
6. Miners
7. Industrialists
8. Traders
9. Scammers

9001. Honorabru solo roamers

90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

900001. C5-6 WH pvpers

second

>wh
>pvp

hey guys there is a new /eog/ channel called Avada's Tears. y'all should check it out, this channel is more of a seriousfag channel, mostly talking about WH life, posting dank frags, and much more.

come chill with Tengoo guys and a few retarded memers like maquari (he behaves in that channel tho).

any way come check it out, kick back, and chillax with some v-bros. I'll catch ya on the flip side.

>90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

feels good man

>/eog/ channel

How dafuq do I start running incursions? Never done this before and I'm currently not in any corp atm.

if youre not skilled out the ass dont bother

wtm accepts meta 4 blaster rokhs

pls i'm sick of being in the shadow realm

You don't need to be skilled out the ass

all you need is to fit meta 4 guns on some battleship, get 70%+ resists and 100k tank overall before links.

its barely 2 weeks of training in your racial battleship of choice

WARP TO ME

Is there a basic guide i can follow just to get started? All i know is that incursions give a fuckton of money and that they're sort of raide-esque events.

>Is there a basic guide i can follow just to get started?
Yes, thats also on WTM's website as well.

sorry, you are too stupid for incursions

nigga it's like missions except enemies are bullet sponges so you need logi. All you need to do is shoot who the FC tells you to shoot.

ty

u2

>Be me in my Hel
>get jammed by one EC-300 despite having a sensor booster with a total of 340 sensor strength.
>happens twice in the fight
>EC-300 does 5 sensor strength
>5/343 = 1.4% chance

oh I forgot about my 80% EWAR resistance

5*0.2 = 1

1/343 = 0.29% chance of jamming me and they got it fucking twice

this ewar resistance shit especially against ECM is fucking dog shit

Remove ECM
Rename damps to ECM
Give Caldari anti-drone ewar
EVE is fixed

k no one cares

fuck yourself

ecm is fine

I'd rather just chance ECM to a jamming system that reduces the number of targets you can target that isn't based on RNG

>ecm is fine

>RNG is fine
you're fucking retarded, you could have 1000 sensor strength and RNG will still and always fuck you in EVE

>be in my titan
>a slasher comes by and scrams me
>it turns off my MWD, Jump Drive and portal generator
>a dinky little ship barely the size of my guns
>shuts off almost all of my drive systems

So how do you see non-RNG jams?
1% chance of jamming means it jams you on first cycle and then 99 next cycles are guaranteed misses?
It would end up being exactly the same, except no miracle RNG jam fails.
You'd be soundly fucked against a prepared ecm fleet that can jam you on every cycle because they can get enough jammers to bring it up to 100%.

At least the way it is now, RNG is working in your favour.

why do stupid broke ass motherfuckers keep recommending incursions?

you nerds know that shit is poverty-tier income right?

yeah, rng is fine because how potent it is

name something better fora new player

oh wait, filtered

>1% chance of jamming means it jams you on first cycle and then 99 next cycles are guaranteed misses?
thats not how RNG works.

You flip two coins, each coin has a 1/2 chance of being heads

you don't always get heads then a tails or vice versa when you flip two coins, you could get heads-heads, heads-tails, or tails-heads, and if the order matters, tails-heads.

even with a 1% to jam you could get jammed on a fucking fluke and your targetting is disabled for 30 seconds

Remove ecm entirely.

>yeah, rng is fine because how potent it is
No thats fucking stupid, its entirely erroneous and no other EWAR relies on RNG

>name something better
first off incursions aren't for new players
secondly, faction warfare all day every day

or shit just buy plex and stop being a fucking pubbie trying to rat2riches

because other ewar isn't as potent as ecm

How about you don't skip the first sentence.
This was the non-RNG part. To make it a fixed jam/fail.

Which is a bad idea, as exemplified by the rest of the post.

>the cuck who spends irl money to literally blow it up is back

Thats not an argument, you're trying to force potency despite having nothing behind it.

ECM shouldn't work on RNG, its completely skillless and theres no application to it, it either jams or it doesn't Absolutely no guarantee

meanwhile with all the other EWAR, you are guaranteed a certain effect on a ship, 50% to lock range, target speed, tracking disruption etc

>2 weeks to get into
>not for new players

if i wasnt a neet i would spend money on this game all the time. its much better per hr.

>its completely skillless

explain how anything else in this game is different

>everyone can go fly a blaster rokh for wtm
>its a deal thats lasts forever! so easy!

>spending money on games
This isn't a mobile pewpew garbage.

There is no determinant with ECM, it jams or it doesn't jam

Every other ECM is guaranteed effect.

it is easy, in the time it takes you to train minimally into incursions you can do level 3's in a dinky cruiser and save money

yeah, and again, the difference is the potency

Potency isn't even an argument, you're just saying "potency" as if it means anything when it certainly doesn't

the whole argument around ecm is that its too fucking strong dipshit

No its not, it was never about strength it was about bullshit RNG

No one said anything about strength, you could have 1 jam strength and still jam a titan despite it having 500+ sensor strength regardless

>you could have 1 jam strength and still jam a titan despite it having 500+ sensor strength

god damn, looks like i'm right again

that has nothing to do with strength its about the fucking RNG you can't read for shit

>1 jam strength is STRONG
>despite it being about RNG
>no guys its all about strength it has nothing to do with RNG I swear
>RNG ewar is fine

explain how its not fine

explain how or why rng is "bad"

Stop replying to He'll just twist your arguments.

Holy fuck you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal

i know, but i'm bored and my region is silent atm

>2 weeks to get into
>no fleet will let you join because they can tell what shitty skills and fit you have

>ECM now has a 100% guaranteed jam for 30 seconds, and a module cycle time of 6 minutes
>during cycle time, your resistances and cap recharge rate are reduced by a tenth
>ECCM modules reduce jam time by a couple of seconds

Literally why isn't this implemented yet

jesus, nobody would ever use them

>not linking the old thread
why even bother making your shit thread

pastebin.com/M396ND3F

why aren't you skilled into your alliance's doctrines user?

fuck off trying to get spoon fed

>doctrines

7/10

>mfw filtering the tripniggers

the fuck is this garbage

But I'am skilled into everything
140mil sp boi

>using filters
what the fuck have you niggers done to my Veeky Forums in the last decade

in my day we lived with tripfaggotry like the trap-fapping cuckbois we were

nigga I can see your Veeky Forums join date, it's 3/21/2016

Reduce the size of FW zones

Have only a single constellation be contested every week. Players are pressed down to this zone, meaning nowhere to hide and plenty of targets. Both sides of the conflict have a staging system where they have a station with clone services.

Ensure more even fights

FW Plexes now have both a size limit and a numerical limit of ships. There exist solo plexes, small group plexes, and fleet plexes. Another change to plexes is that capturing a plex requires the player to be within a short distance and hits all players with an infini-point like a HIC. The plex also prevents targets from D-scanning in or out, so players never know what or who they'll be engaging.

Reduce refit/return time

Home stations within contested stations have a new service that allows players to purchase modular, pre-fit ships. The fitted modules can be chosen through a menu, and once the ship is purchased, the fittings cannot be removed without being destroyed, like rigs.

Ships can either be purchased with raw ISK or loyalty points. By doing faction warfare, most players, even ones on the losing side, should make enough loyalty points to cover replacement ships for rapid engagements.

Inclusion for non-combat players

In addition to rapid combat deployment, more industrial minded players also have an avanue to help their compatriots. New logistic corps exist and give players objectives to deliver goods to the current contested home station of their faction. For every item delivery order completed, the price of replacement ships for the faction's milita is reduced. Thus, guarding the logistic supply chain throughout the contested constellation's various zones becomes an activity of itself, with larger fleets hoping to guard valuable industrial vessels through space.

>join date
good one user but i'm too salty an oldfag for that

In addition, high density asteroid fields regularly spawn within the constellation, guarded with a light faction navy presence, hostile to all players not in the militia or logistics corp which denies access to non-militia miners. The asteroids that spawn are extra dense versions of themselves (Resulting in faster overall mining) and include all types needed to build the modules and ships requested for drop off. In this way, the contested zone of FW becomes a complete ecosystem where minerals are mined and ships are built and destroyed, like a super compact version of New Eden.

Remove FW. Most people in the zone don't even belong to militia and are just there for fights.

being able to join pirate factions when????

how much better do factional warfare missions pay out?

Gud, but why make mandelore so abusive?

Further request for a Timm3h/Mussah fanfic. Str8/Gay/Trap w/e.

Keep it up boyo

It's the only reason to be in FW. It pays a lot.

>be in Dust beta
>Character still in Serpentis

Its just because Reyni is a slut and actually loves it, in the end she happily accepts her fate

It's mostly LP though.

200-600 mil/hr, depending on the faction tier and how efficient you are at running them

and what are your odds of getting creamed by enemies?

remember to never trust triofaggots, they lie and lie.
and never quote them

0-5%, as long as you follow basic precautions and don't auto-warp to a gate at 0 the moment you pop into a system full of flashies like a moron

these days you probably have more to fear from the rats

flashies? sorry, brand new

strawpoll.me/10356094
You decide

>

A unique utility highslot module/weapon for Assault Frigates, along with a re-balance pass, that would give them some kind of unique role not found on any other ship in the game.

>le unique
>we need even more gamebreaking special snowflakes

mining is the backbone of eve economy i am insuly by fact that the player killers in this game would even dare to try to compare their unserious proffesion to the truly thinking mans life dream eve is the has beeen in the forefront of advanced simulation of market data and thanks to countles studies we all know that eve is the best game for this i think ccp should just remove shooting players all together it adds nothing to the game and just generates lost minerals instead we should all just keep building ships forver and make vast loads of them in order to have them this is what i did when i was in all-out but since they stole my medium gun machariel i realize they trylu do not share my dream thus i am also i think that we need to remove system security since concord do not respond in null when my svipul gets ganked by the noctis player using such a ship for a dirty job is truly not pallatable and i thunk u all should reconsider your careeers in eve but that is just my tought even thought i am right so just so you know so stop arguing and lets discuss the best mining setups for players with low amounts of isk okay guys but do not forget that i need some so please send in case i need it but i can t afford to pay back since i am poor and lose svipul in lowsec also do not ever stop mining my friends mining is truly the best i really enjoy it i think ccp needs to buff it rhough since i only earn 2 million isk per cycle can anyone help i think since it is clearly bugged i do not know what to do and i am kind of tired so do not come of as snarky or i will report u to the mdoeratos and they will ban you because i know them irl and know they hate you all sicne they are truly secret miners as well but i think yoi call know this since i essentially control this baord and do not ever forget this just so you know but anyway lets also kill white stag since they are so bad at the game i truly wish goosn would come back so i could use my main to farm guirsatas pirates in deklin.

They need something, faction frigates just out do them in almost every way, they dont have a use at the moment.

are you looking for the wow general?

r8

youtube.com/watch?v=L1KAwWCRF8s

so just fix their stats so they aren't shitty. I don't want to see more meme modules or retarded bullshit immunities

alternatively just pretend they don't exist, and put a big warning for new players saying they're garbage and not to train for them. AFs being useless doesn't do much bad for the game. nerfing the overpowered stuff would be way more beneficial and easy

no but you are

they sure do have a use, T1 logi, T1 ewar and hell T1 dps frigs as a whole have a use purely because they're miles cheaper

Not arguing, they just need to be buffed in some way or given a useful role