/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Infinite Crisis edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI
youtube.com/watch?v=9gOWCVfnN-E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=bPBzj90Su8A
youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
projectrho.com/stardrv.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for ideasguys

If only Gieger was still alive.
He would make aliens that truly terrifies you, not these tentacles fuck.

Do I buy the game, /4xg/?

>buying games

>40k
youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI

What traits/ethics should I use for:

>space Vikings
>space Chinese
>space Romans
>space Greeks
>space Indians

I'm trying to set up a game with civilizations loosely based on historical ones.

Looks like Age of Wonders.

When will there be a 4x game that does planets right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9gOWCVfnN-E

threadly reminder of what we've become

>vikings
spiritual militarists
>space chinese
ancient china, late imperial china, maoist china, or modern china?

The basilisk judges us from beyond the veil.

>Vikings
Fanatic Militarist-Individualist
>Chinese
Collectivist-Spiritualist-?
>Indian
Xenophile-Spiritualist-?
>Greek
Individualist-Materialist-Militarist
>Roman
Xenophile-Materialist-Militarist

Considered Pacifist for china, but eh not sure it works that well.
Maybe for the food.

Space Indians...spiritualist
Space India? Poor adaptation due to shit+repugnant

But how does metal feel pain?

10th for 40k mod for DWU

why didn't you

How do I fucking install mods for stellaris? Putting them in the mods folder under documents and installing them like other paradox games in a mod folder in the main directory doesn't fucking work either. I'm trying to install some mods downloaded from the mega archive and I'm incredibly frustrated. Pls help anons. The mods will appear in the mod menu but won't actually do anything in game.

Link to 1.11?

Imperium Galactica.

Source? I'm in the mood for some sci-fi after Moon and Alien.

Looks neat too.

You have to click on the mod in the mod menu to manually activate it.

Babylon 5, dude.

I know and even when I do that they still don't actually do anything in game.

>Source?
Is Babylon 5, man

Is it good?

Did you watch Firefly or Farscape yet?
This one is obscure but decent too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter_(TV_series)

Didn't Emperor of the Fading Suns have a full planetary map?

But yeah, I know what you mean.I was actually looking at Crusader Kings II about a month before E3 and thinking "gee, it would be really great if Paradox did this in space"

and then they did but they TOOK AWAY MY SOLDIERS AND GHAVE ME FUCKING SPACESHUPS. WHGAT THE FYUCK. WHY THE RFYUCK WOULD YOU DO THUIS, YOU'RE THE SOLDIERS COMPANY IT'S WHAT YOU DO, AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO ''''''''FLY'''''''' ACROSS THE MAP IN FUCKING *SPACESHIP[S*?!?!!! EVEREYONE FUCKING DOES SPACESHIPS IT'S BEEN DONE A ZILLION TIMES BEFORE YOU COULD AT LEAST HAVE GOIVEN IT A NEAT TWIST BY TAKING SPACESHUPS OUT AND MAKING A GROUND-COMBAT FOCUSED SPACE 54X THAT FOCUSES ON THE ACTUALLY INTERESTIONG PART OF SPACE BUT NO, YOU HAD TO GO FOR SPACE SHIPS,. FUCKING SPACE SHIPS. DHJWUEHFIUSHDFSHDFKJSDRKHWEKJRF

brb

cont
>Vikings
Strong, Nomadic
>Chinese
Agrarian, Natural Engineers, Communal, Slow Learners
>Indian
Rapid Breeders, Thrifty, Sedentary
>Greek
Intelligent, Sedentary, Resilient
>Roman
Charismatic, Decadent, Industrious

I'm pretty noobish in sci-fi to be honest. Moon, Cargo,Alien, Event Horizon, Sunshine, Pandorum, I watched them, but they're movies.
In TV Shows, I'm very ignorant, except for Doctor Who and Stargate.

Then watch Firefly first and try standard stuff (Galactica, Farscape Babylon 5)
You could also try to watch Star Trek TNG if you enjoy bit of nostalgic vibe.

Movie: Gattaca
Show: Enterprise

Can someone just post a quick step by step guide on how they install a mod? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and why they aren't working in game.

Star trek deep space 9 is very good if you are interested. It's very diferent from other star treks. I focuses more on politics and issues, espionage etc..

Gattaca was cool. We watched it in school.

Ain't that the one with Picard, the bald frenchman?

>firefly
>farscape
>dark matter
end your fucking existence you pleb tier faggot

Haven't watch it over a decade so i cant tell
love the ship design though

deep space 9 is a war fetishist's idea of star trek

all the TNG spinoffs are horrible, every single one

>i watch only sci-fi so hipsterish i wont even name it

>Gattaca was cool. We watched it in school.
I know a chemist that watched it in school.
His teacher said that the main character was a bad man for endangering the mission with his potential heart problem.

Babylon 5 is decent, though everyone but Narns and Centauri are pretty annoying.

>Farscape

I love Farscape.

TOS has better eecandy

His teacher was a fucking dumbass who completely misunderstood the movie and deserves a slap.

bones got game

DS9 is the one with the nigro. The Quark episodes are really nice. If you want books try picking up something by stanislaw lem.

youtube.com/watch?v=bPBzj90Su8A
And the movies are directed/produced(?) by a conspiracy fag. Jesus what a terrible time to live.

put .mod in
C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME_HERE]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod
put folder with random numbers in
C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME_HERE]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\workshop\content\281990

>Stanislav Lem
>not Isaas Asimov

Lem is kinda ...dry?
I remember reading Fiasco a while ago and it was way too long for a simple premise.

Thank you and god bless my good sir

Lmao

Quark episodes, O'Brien episodes, and Garak episodes are best of DS9, and Odo episodes that aren't MUH KIRA or MUH PEEPUHL. There are some good nigger space jesus captain episodes like In the Pale Moonlight, but a lot of his episodes are fucking annoying.

Garak is best character by far.

>all... TNG... are horrible
ftfy

Return from teh stars, eden, peace on earth, the books about pirx are all better. The best for me are Cyberiad, futorological congress (jesus fuck it's good) and the pirx stuff. Fiasco is a bit dry.

>1 of 7 seasons involves a war
>its a "war fetishist's" idea of star trek
?

>nolan to bring asimov's foundation to tv
no
please god no
I will literally kill myself if this happens

>Didn't Emperor of the Fading Suns have a full planetary map?
I'm surprised anyone even knows about that game.

Yeah there should have been more garak and quark. O'brien is /egg/ in persona lel.

sisko is a genocidal maniac throughout the whole thing

Clearly we didn't watch the same DS9.

Sisko did nothing wrong

>54x
What do the other 50 xs stand for?

>nolan

the truth is even better

Sisko's problem is that his character is too bound up with being the Nerevarine and when he isn't doing that he's just a not very remarkable Starfleet captain. That and the writing didn't pick up until like four years in.

I think he gets better once the show gets better and they start to have an idea of where they're going. Because Sisko is so connected to the story arc, it drags him down when it's bad and boosts him when it's good.

He really starts to shine in season 5. For the Uniform is a good example, and probably my favorite episode.

Fair enough. Solaris was great though.
Still for "noob" readers (if one of them actually sees this banter) id recommend K.Dick since he always had bizarre settings.
>independence day
Oh god pls no

Starship Troopers is a war fetishist's idea of Star Trek.

Starship Troopers was okay.

Only the first movie though.

he legit had the movie rights to foundation in 2013, I don't know what happened since

Saw something about portals in the last thread, got me thinking

Advanced FTL methods? Maybe they can add more, you can research more, or research advanced upgrades to your current FTL?
Like in last thread, wormholes>portals
You can either make portal stations that connect from anywhere in the galaxy, or sort of a giant wormhole generator with reach across the whole galaxy
Hyperlanes> some sort of super-hyper lanes, let me explain
Instead of all these random stars being connected, there are a certain # of stars (depending on galaxy size) that connect with huge lanes, I'm talking you can go from one star to another a certain # of stars (again depending) or to another across the galaxy, in a relatively short time compared to what it'd take to travel normal hyper lane
Warp>...beats me

Ideas/comments/opinions/suggestions?

There was only one starship troopers movie though.

True.

I wish I hasn't sold the game, I miss shooting alien bugs.

Slipstream space like in Halo. Similar to warp except you aren't sure where in system you'll land.

How many types of ftl is there in sci fi? I mean really they all seem to boil down to the three basic ones we have in Stellaris. Not sure what more could be added that wouldn't either be significantly worse or better than any of the current ones and that also isn't just a slight variation of one of the three. Although adding variations of the three would be cool as well.

For hyperlanes you could introduce lane creation. For warp, I dunno, passively repair while in transit?

Still the best.

how does this even happen

Okay, so there's these primitives already on the planet that I colonized. Is there anything I can do to make them civilized? If so, what tech do I need?

I'd like it if wormholes could only produce a single connection that you set, that would basically just make them warp gates, with your ships having no ftl capability of their own

no charge up time just flying through the wormhole as if it were regular space, possibly even with them being open for anyone to use

the late game upgrade could be a more expensive infinite range version

of course that would fuck up the retreat functionality, but it would be more interesting to me, and more balanced with the other types

another upgrade could be a ship mounted version that does have chargeup time like now, so you would have one or more large ships mounted with a wormhole generator for highly mobile fleets, or put one on a science ship for better exploration, that would also restore retreat functions

This is the map from Fading Suns.

I never played it, but apparently it gives you a full map for every planet. Which makes sense, because planets are the actually interesting part of space, no one ever printed out a 1:1 solar system map.

Space games should stop dicking around with space ships and make ground combat the focus. Make planetary invasions like the air game in X-Com.

Where did this gem come from?
youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

fucking cheaters

Moo3 had long range Hyperlanes that basically transferred fleets over half the galaxy in a single turn. They were green.
>logical to good writing
>as the season progresses situation gets worse because its what would actually happen in reality
>at end of every season writers dont know how to retain status quo because things went to shit
>pull out a miracle out of their ass every fucking time
Thats Atlantis
End of first season pissed me off so much

>another upgrade could be a ship mounted version that does have chargeup time like now, so you would have one or more large ships mounted with a wormhole generator for highly mobile fleets, or put one on a science ship for better exploration, that would also restore retreat functions

Only if i can make "migrant fleets"
model port when?

New ship sets when? The Reptillian ship set is the only all around good looking one, but even the corvettes have retarded wing things. Mammalian ships are okay but the corvettes are weird and the destroyers have some ugly combos.

The rest have one or two decent ships but most of them are ugly.

>no charge up time, just fly through
That's essentially what I thought of for portals/star gates lol. A good idea
>wormhole components (Large) for ships
Would be an amazing addition
Maybe take a lot of energy, but no need to return to the wormhole generator if one of your battleships has one?
Maybe it'd have to be an actual segment of the ship and not just a component. I dunno. Another good idea though
Warp>slipstream is a very good idea. Literally can't think of anything else

I'm playing a spiritualistic empire, do I not get the chance to research sentient AI or do I just have bad luck?

I want synths.

That's exactly what I mean. That's the only way I can think of making hyper lanes actually good/upgraded

I liked the third one.

forgot my picture

Slipstream would be cool if you had a very small chance for a event when a ship/fleet jumps
>suddenly the ship/part of the fleet exploded and got damaged
>the ship accidentally the time continium and now you have a copy(no fleet version because could be op)
>ship is lost to the warp
>a small Unbidden fleet comes with you
etc

i took fanatic spiritual just to get psionics and i ended up getting robots,

Anyone know if they're mutually exclusive?

1.11 where? Just tell me what to google.

YEARLY REMINDER

Except in Moo3 those were naturally occurring lanes.
You also had basic retro engines that in ultra lategame became as fast as hyperlanes to counter bottleneck problems

That's an awesome idea
If they made it so you had to actually set up/plan for defense of the randomly generated terrain of your planets, it'd give you something to do mid/late game

As well as give a lot more depth to the game/war and combat, deploying ground troops and going from a space 4x to an on-ground rts. In the same game, no load screens? Just zoom into the planet? I would never stop playing

>How many types of ftl is there in sci fi?

A bunch.

projectrho.com/stardrv.txt

FTL drives are like creation myths. Both are completely impossible but integral to most stories.

>End of first season pissed me off so much
Was that where they found a way to easily link back to earth and wound up defeating the point of the series?

I didn't like how they introduced a big bad in the very first episode. It's a brand new galaxy full of ancient tech. Surely they could have done some interesting exploring before finding the new goauld.

Or another event:
>fleet disappears
>assumed lost
>respawn several years later

Yeah, these lanes would be naturally occurring, you just couldn't see them/use them until you research the tech

It's television. At least Atlantis had a better pilot than B5 did.

>Atlantis under siege
It was the part where Earth sends magical alien tech Battleship to save them and give them Atlantean batteries they were striving to get for the whole season.

I really liked UFO as far as shows go. It was almost XCOM : The Show.

There's a scene where the guys in mechs are wiping out the bugs with a sort of overlay of those two women praying.

Which is pretty wierd since the wierd cult god they had been praying to before was actually the alien bug superhivemindqueen.
It's an insane film.

the amount of bullshit that fits in a single sentence like that makes me really tired in my head, you know?

reboot when? the movie is basically the only good thing about stargate

>early game
>5k fleet appears out of nowhere under player control with advanced technology.

>later game
>finish researching all the techs those ships had
>main fleet vanishes.

>Robotic Workers
1.25x if scientist expertise is industry.
0.2x if spiritualist.
0.1x if fanatic spiritualist.
>Droids
1.25x if scientist expertise is industry and level is >2.
0.2x if spiritualist.
>Synthetics
1.25x if scientist expertise is industry and level is >2.
1.2x if scientist trait is spark of genius.
1.1x if scientist trait is maniacal.
0.2x if spiritualist.
>Synthetic Personality Matrix
1.25x if scientist expertise is industry and level is >3.
1.2x if scientist trait is spark of genius.
1.1x if scientist trait is maniacal.
0.2x if spiritualist.
0.1x if scientist expertise is not industry.

vs

>Telepathy
0.05x if not spiritualist or fanatic spiritualist or scientist expertise is not psionics.
If Materialist or Fanatic Materialist requires scientist expertise Psionics.