/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Mysterious Flail Hunter Edition

Prey Super Dead Yo: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for KOS

Stake Driver or Boom Hammer?

Stake Driver

>not KOSM

You fucked up everything.

Both. Switch between the two depending on situations.

There's not a single situation where Boom Hammer could be useful

But I already have the LHB in one slot

Quick Q: I'm a Skill build, I don't require strength beyond 10 to use the weapon of my choosing. I have 15 spare points
Should I put them in str to get soft cap (this adds 39 AR to my weapon)

or allot the points elsewhere?

Only fags call it Kosm.

You could sit about and speak feverishly about new ideas of the higher plane but instead you keep bantering about this beastly idiocy.

Stake Driver for single targets, Beast Cuttah for groups, Boom Hammer for home maintenance and repairing other weapons.

Maybe not but it looks fun

Depends on your current stats and weapons. I'd probably say elsewhere but there's no way of knowing without seeing stats I guess.

>Luci calls it Kos
Enough said

You can put them in Arc to reach 15 which will let you use EPS (if your weapon allows it) as well as the utility from Beast Roar and Augur. And if you can use EPS then you'll also enjoy using OHB since you'd be exactly that kind of fucktard. Then put whatever's spare into Vit.

Just because a cancerous tripfag calls it Kos it doesn't mean you fags are allowed to call it Kosm.
You probably call niggers "afroamerican people" too, don't you?

I opted on the 39 extra AR.

Gonna be SL100
35/20/25/50/5/15

I can't even touch the cursed keeper of the old lords, I'm too hot and angry for this now.

>the proper name of a entity of the eldritch truth
>not important

Get a load of this beastly idiot.

>allowed to call it Kosm.

Why would anyone call it anything other can Kosm?

You don't?

Then what do you call the Moon Presence? Lunar Aura?

Tricked uncharged r2 is great to farm watchers. Staggers them through each of their attacks and has decent range

>35 vit
>20 end
>25 str for Rakuyo or Burial Blade

Your priorities are all fucked up and I look forward to someday two-shotting you.

I don't PvP, sorry.

Then there's no point to a level-capped build at all.

Unless he wants to try co-oping on stuff.

I don't plan to exceed sl100, I'd like to play with friends who are also sl100.
I like to optimize my build at set levels. Whats the fun at sl 99*6

This is what passwords are for.

Either way if you plan on NG+ing or chalice delving you'll want to divert some of that Str or End into Vit.

If push comes to shove, i'll go SL115 and have 50 vit.

>I like to optimize builds at set levels
>Unless if things get hard :'(

>In Nightmare Frontier
>hate every second of it because I hate swamps, and this one's full of tentacles
>reach mysterious open arena
>badvibes.gif
>Walk in, fucking Amygdala jumps down on me
>chunk the fuck out it with hunters axe, only burn four vials, get two viscerals almost by accident, actually finish it off with a visceral
>mfw
Is Amygdala easy or am I just overlevelled?

Nightmare Frontier Amygdala is easy.
Defiled Chalice Amygdala is easy too, but more of a pain in the ass.

Glad to know I'm not actually getting good at the game.
Now, where the fuck is Patches? I owe him an asskicking.

Any tips for where I should take my build?
Currently it's Level 57
>Vit 20
>End 22
>Str 26
>Skill 13
>BT 16
>10
Going strength build obviously, mostly using Hunter's Axe.
Also, I keep getting my ass kicked by Logarius, is it worth activating my two free days of PSN and calling up help?

Put more points into End.
Stick close to him and make sure to try to keep behind him or anywhere else that isn't right in front of the fucker, because he'll rape you.
Also, backstab him when he starts charging to fuck up his power-up and hit his sword when he sticks it into the ground to stop it from spamming its shitty spell.

Learning to beat him by gitting gud is a far better option. And I'm not just memeing or anything here, it's genuinely satisfying and if you summon for him it will just feel like a hollow victory.

Get Vit to 30 then pump Str to 50, whilst bumping other stats to meet requirements for weapons or tools that interest you.

Mainly my problem is landing a hit on him, the axe is kinda slow and he hops around a lot.
Thanks for the tip though.

Just wait for him to do a charged attack, faggot leaves some huge windows when he does those.

Cool, thanks.
If you don't mind, can anyone explain the weapon scaling system in BB? Do the weapons get better scaling as they are fortified?

>Put more points into End.

Honestly, I believe one should beat every boss in the game by himself at least once.
I know they can be hard and annoying as fuck, but it always feels more satisfying to finally kill the fucker all by yourself rather than by relying in someone else or in a summon.

Weapons do get better scaling as they are fortified, and generally fortifying a weapon will give it more damage that upgrading a stat so that should be a priority.

Stats have two softcaps. They give a good damage increase until 25 then after that the increase is lower until 50. After 50 the damage gain drops off severely up to 99 which is the hardcap. Vit softcaps at 30 and 50, and End softcaps at 40, but generally speaking any point put in End is worth more in another stat because the gains are minimal and can be offset by simple stamina management.

Finally beat Maria's ass for the first time and got my Rakuyo on my skill build and holy shit, what a fun weapon.

Chalice BSB was actually a fun time, but I need 8 fucking chunks to get it up to +9.

Any good spots to grab a lot of these, or am I just better off running chalices and getting insight to spend at the messengers?

Assuming you just ran to the well and got the Rakuyo without doing Hamlet proper, Hamlet has Chunks all over the shop.

If you've already ran through and got them, Isz layer 1 Brainsucker boss tends to drop 1 or 2. With a bolt paper and parrying you should be able to get all 8 fairly quickly.

Alright, I'll just keep running him until I get his moveset down.
I'm mainly impatient because I really want to get THE WHEEL

Start over. That build is a mess. And Logarious is pretty easy once you learn his gimmicks.

Also when starting a new build your priority should be getting 20 vit, up to 15 - 20 end, then 30 vit, before really boosting damage stats.

Yeah, I grabbed the sword right from the well and went back to chalice grinding. I'll do a proper run of it tomorrow, I guess.

I can't wait to tear up some more bosses like the spinning sword top I am.

If you have the lower depths unlocked then the boss drop them. Boss rush all 3 layers of ptwrx6tb if you want to farm chunks and stones.

>Vit softcaps at 30 and 50
Fuck I thought it was 40.

>summon Gascoigne in NG+ because I wanna see
>Some laggy retard invades me
>does almost nothing but charged R2 with the axe from yards away and always runs and heals
>starts trying to be cheeky by going invisible but it doesn't work
>waits by the two brick ogre guys like an idiot then just leaves
What a fucking waste of 15 minutes

So, I made it to Rom.
I entered the arena.

No music is playing, I don't see the red boss bar at the bottom. Rom is just sitting there.
So, here I am, standing behind her, wondering if I should make the first move. Don't know what will happen if I stand in front of her or not.

Too scared.

>Knowing Rom's name before facing her

Do whatever you want you've already fucked it up for yourself

Sit down in front of it
Look at it
Open your eyes completely.

As long as you don't consume the old blood you can't become a beast, right?

Well, I watched Youtube videos of the game a year before I finally bought it.

I'm honestly scared to do this.
Since I'm standing right behind her, I can get a clean first hit in, but if I stand in front, I'm afraid I'll lose my chance.

Right. You'll just be hunted and eaten by them or fall victim to the many, many plagues and diseases of the day.

Fun times in Yharnam.

>one hit matters
just get a good look at the cutie before everything gets heated.. You probably won't first try the fight anyway, so that hit doesn't matter.

Damn, now I feel bad for this.
I walked in front of her and she doesn't attack me.

I guess I'll have to hit her to get this over with.

What makes abyssals worth farming harder bosses/savescumming for more than temperings from watchers?

Heavy Abyssals let me use a Burial Blade on my 50/25 strength build at little to no loss compared to a dedicated skill build.

Would 27.2% tempering gems let me have a build with a Whirligig and a Burial Blade? Fuck no.

>watching spice and wolf
>mc is called Laurence
>best girl is practically Vicar Amelia
>mfw

>Fukuyama
nah, that's anime Valtr

Any good Maria sliders yet?

It's more efficient to go past 50 vit than to put points in skill for a str build though

Wouldn't you be missing out on boosting your str with a 17.2 when you're raising the scaling on skill with the abyssal?

why does she wear the mask?

Because she is VERMIN

Because she has to be able to communicate with other people without them having the urge to fuck her lights out every five seconds

What else are you going to do to an unkillable, immortal vampire?

No one cared who she was until she put on the mask

>go on /dsg/ to try and retain some kind of interest in DaS3
>everyone is jerking it to some faggot moaning on vocaroo

Dark Souls 3 was a mistake

A cute!

Patches is in a room on the ground floor of the lecture hall. You need to come in from the top floor to reach him, so if you're no there yet you'll get to him a bit later in the game

I didn't realise how bad the place was until I hopped over to here.

I'm glad I picked up BB

My pet theory is that it's the proximity of the moon that causes it, the closer the moon is the worse the scourge. It becomes a tug of war between Rom repelling the moon and Mensis beckoning it down.

Blood ministration might very well be a benign medicine without the moon in-atmosphere

Rom was hiding the ritual, not fighting it

He was fucking up the ritual by hiding the Blood Moon.

True, and the scourge is only ever described as getting worse and worse, it still works.

Don't mind pic related, testing gifs

>He
I mean she.
Fucking female eldritch spiders.

With a BLT build, it sucks dick for this whole first half. How to you guys deal?

Get to the second half as fast as possible.

By rushing to chikage. In the meantime, get shit like vit, end and whatever skl/str stats you need in order.

get the bowblade right after amelia

it's not the build that succ, user...
it's you

How should i be playing my BT hunter pre chikage?

Level vit and upgrade another weapon you like in the meantime i guess?

Make sure you have the basic requirements to use chikage when you unlock it. In the meantime, level vit and end with the occasional investment into blt so its not super weak right off the bat. Also make sure you have enough materials to upgrade chikage once you unlock it. Getting past Loggy can be hard depending on your level but at the very worst you can summon from here.

Yeah im pretty confident i can clear the castle but logarius is hard low level. I dont have to clear hemwick to use the monolith do i?

I think you do, but even if you don't, you might as well since its close to the boss fight, plus it gives decent echoes and a semi-decent farming spot.

You have to. But it's easy mode and a good opportunity to level up a bit.

WACKETY WACK

Shhh thread is sleeping

GET IN MY SACK

Can I get some tips for Orphan of Kos phase 2?

I can semi-reliably get through his first phase now but the moment those wings come out he just sodomises me