/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #463 - Rivalry Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Y5kiMCWwA2
mega.nz/#!xwlCBDaS!uyu2Qc0LS9h9yQFwP9rtMN__ijJ7up4X2Qgr_MrjrfI
gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-new-fable-game-heading-to-kickstarter-fall/2300-6432362/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/archie/
youtu.be/dcdufi_9tMw
youtu.be/NvSxluNgLik
youtube.com/watch?v=8oIr949HHgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Physics

For only fifty cents a day, you can help find a cure for Avian Douchebag Syndrome.

I made this shitty MJ Carnival Night mashup. It's still not finished lemme know if i should continue or just kill myself, thanks.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Y5kiMCWwA2

>Carnival Night Zone
>MJ
It's Jam, isn't it?

Bingo

>you never went at Segaworld in the 90s

>you will never have official Sally merch

>Rivalry Edition
>Posts shittiest rival
>inb4 muh totally original Anti Sonic
he was just an enemy

Not the (OP) but here ya go

never forget

I like Sonic Heroes I guess

xth for best girl

Toes are a commodity in the Sonic universe, I guess.

>11 posters after 2 and half hours
>page 9
this is the end

The relationship between her and Sonic is so fucking cute in Ghost of the Future, just waiting to see what happens especially with Sonic not being shown lately, wonder when his next contact with Tikal will come.

Has /sthg/ played Ken Penders game?
mega.nz/#!xwlCBDaS!uyu2Qc0LS9h9yQFwP9rtMN__ijJ7up4X2Qgr_MrjrfI

I think Evan said a year or so ago that this and one other ship she didn't want to spoil was going to happen in her comic. Really cute, hope we see more of it and whatever the other one is.

So are fucks given.

Bump!

is dead

> The Babylon Rogues will never appear again

Good morning /sthg/

/sthg/ will die in our lifetime

Dead thread?

How to draw Rouge?

NEVER

NEVER EVER

same way draw a whore

Look up Drawloverlala's guide to drawing Sonic females

HARSH

Rouge is a sweetheart!

See:

Still a whore, tho.

No bully!

anyone got or can make a render of this pose using an upto date game model?
>Dreamcast got dem polygons, son

Nobody's bullying here. If she's a whore she should be proud! It's the world's oldest profession!
Treasure-hunting is not a consistent source of income I imagine. She's gotta pay the pills and put herself through night-school.

I feel awful.

Also that fucking Sally hair.

Morning /sthg/
What are you losers up to?

Considering buying some commissions.

Same. I dont think it's as bad as some people make it out to be.

>losers

Egoraptor ruined purple multipy shading for me.

Studying for Finals.

>If taken at face value, he just said that Shadow is a sentient wave-form, like if a ray of light suddenly became self-aware and solidified into a hedgehog.

So Shadow's a Bydo?

Morning! I'm sitting in a Summer course going over the same material as last week because the professor ran out of things to teach.

Anyone got that gif of Arin making Amy jump off of that ledge mere moments after Tikal told him "Be careful not to fall off?"

Whatever happend to that user that sucked his cats dick? Was he perma b&? Or in prison.

Who cares?

Good.

i see a serious lack of echudna thread.
also

>mfw sonic runner is ded.

at least I haven't sunk cash into it, unlike some.

also, what have I missed. Initial D crossover when ?

Echidnas are shit.

gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-new-fable-game-heading-to-kickstarter-fall/2300-6432362/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

What in the FUCK is this?

Hey, /sthg/. Newfag here. I've never been much of a comic guy, but I'm considering getting into the Sonic comics.

Where do I start? I don't want this to be another Doctor Who situation where I have to research decades of history in order to get the full experience, you know?

As for my background I'm quite familiar with both the game lore and the events of the SatAM cartoon. What does /sthg/ recommend?

If you want to experience a ride. Do the comics from Issue 1. That's what I did.

If you want a fresh start with good art, start at the reboot.

For the full experience, #1-50, then skip to 160 when you get sick of furry drama and terrible art.
OR just skip straight to 160 for the good stuff
OR just skip straight to Worlds Collide (if you like Megaman and friends) or #252.
Be sure to read the accompanying Sonic Universe issues as well.

Start with Worlds Collide, the first crossover with Mega Man. It's fun, well-written, and leads directly into the reboot. Once you've experienced all the reboot stuff, hop into the pre-reboot material starting with #1 (or the mini-series).

It's a poll to gauge interest on what people who like Sonic also like. Whatever option gets the most votes is probably where they'll take more inspiration from in the next game (i.e. Nintendo winning means more plots like Lost World, DBZ means Adventure-esque shenanigans, etc.)

People are stupid and are taking the poll for face value.

At work having breakfast

Okay. So there was a recent reboot then? Excellent.

So, there's Universe and then the other one? Are they separate continuities? Do I need both? I'd prefer to stick to one series and go from there if I can.

Universe looked pretty interesting as it seems to use every character under the sun who has ever been canon in the games, which appeals to me.

The main comic (just "Sonic the Hedgehog") and Sonic Universe are in the same continuity, but the main comic focuses on Sonic with the SatAM Freedom Fighters + Tails/Amy/Cream/Big as his supporting cast, while Unvierse usually focuses on major game characters like Blaze, Knuckles, Shadow and Eggman without Sonic, with a handful of exceptions.

for the full experience, read the old issues, they are fun as social experiments.
otherwise, switch directly to around when the first sonic universe is released. that's when it gets good.

Yes, Universe often ties into the main comic storywise and gives the side characters some spotlight. If you start at the reboot, then you can start Universe at #55

Universe is the same continuity as the main comic series, just with more of a focus on 4-part stories about side characters like Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, and currently Eggman's merry gang of assholes

>The main comic (just "Sonic the Hedgehog") and Sonic Universe are in the same continuity, but the main comic focuses on Sonic with the SatAM Freedom Fighters

Interesting... So after Worlds Collide, both Sonic and Universe are rebooted, correct?

If I do get into this, what should be my strategy for reading through them? Since both comics are different sides of the same coin, how will I know that I'm not missing crucial info that's only in the other series? What's the ideal approach? Do I do Sonic Reboot #1 and then Universe Reboot #1, followed by Sonic #2 and Universe #2?

What's the issue # of the reboot for each series? Thanks for the help, guys.

>If I do get into this, what should be my strategy for reading through them?

Follow this. It only goes to #280 but the most recent is only #285 or something so it's fine.

Interesting. I wish it was a public poll like the last one, though

The current writers ultimately know it's a kids' comic. Anything from Universe that's relevant in the main comic will be explained so readers who didn't read Universe aren't left behind, and vice versa. It's recommended to read both (especially since Universe is usually very good) but if you don't you won't lose too much.

And while they did reboot the comic, they kept the same numbering. The reboot itself starts at #252 of the main comic and #55 of Sonic Universe. Worlds Collide is a 12-part special that includes #248-251 of the main comic, #51-#54 of Universe and #24-#27 of the Mega Man comic, but all of those are going to be up at any website like sonicscanf anyway.

How fucking tall is GBK?

>but the most recent is only #285 or something so it's fine.
You're thinking of Sonic 281 and Universe 85
>, how will I know that I'm not missing crucial info that's only in the other series?
The general thing is that most of the important plot stuff is in the main book, with Universe occasionally tying into it. And even then like said, the main book does a good job catching you up on what happened in Universe and vice versa. Reading both is the ideal experience
As tall as Perfection needs to be

>The reboot itself starts at #252 of the main comic and #55 of Sonic Universe.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Sweet.

>Sonic SCANF
HMMMMmmmm... An easy-to-use, high-quality resource of every Sonic comic I could need? Yes please!

So, just to confirm, as long as I've played the games and are familiar with their lore I'll be just fine with starting at these points?

>You're thinking of Sonic 281 and Universe 85
My bad, I remember seeing the cover for #285 and forgot we're only up to #281

Yes, anything extra the reboot introduces (and it introduces a lot because of the nature of twice-monthly comics) is explained in the comics themselves. Nothing before the reboot matters anymore.

>So, just to confirm, as long as I've played the games and are familiar with their lore I'll be just fine with starting at these points?
Yup. Hell, here's ScanF itself en.sonicscanf.org/comics/archie/
This man is correct. There is a brief thing at the start of the reboot concerning alternate memories, but it goes nowhere and just kind of disappears after a few issues, so don't worry

Mariaposting

Why was Sonic 2 so strange? All the missing content always striked me as creepy back when i found The Sonic 2 Beta Page and Sonic Cult. All those stages hidden within the games files, not to mention beta Death Egg youtu.be/dcdufi_9tMw

I wish for one everyday, friend.

youtu.be/NvSxluNgLik

Really tempted to make a Sonic decal in NFS '15

Some people have done it in the old forzas

what the fuck
has no one else played this

I have. It's fucking glorious

screenshots ?

I don't see why it's necessary, it's just a fangame but okay. I'll take one just for you
Also there's a Lara-Su/Penders version of the Sonic Underground opening as the intro song

Here's the screenshot

youtube.com/watch?v=8oIr949HHgo

Best Olympic Game yet?

the cringe... it flows throught me.

It's bad on purpose. It was a submission to RAGE 2016 (Really Amateur Games Expo), so that's the point. If I recall, it actually won the most awards

That thing is full of evil.

Okay. So. I'm two issues in and:
>Sonic has more of a character than just 90's sass
>Tails is actually fast and can fight without relying on tech
>Big is actually useful

Holy shit, where has this been all my life? I'm gonna read a few more issues and then jump to Universe and see what Amy's up to. This is fuckin' rad. I'm already glad that I started reading.

Just wait until you see Knuckles and Team Dark

Welcome home son.

I'm not used to posting to over boards

Oh, PLEASE tell me that Shadow is actually, legitimately cool and not just an edge-lord. I bet he even gets the occasional funny line. I can't wait.