/twg/ - Total War General

Baby Deathclaw edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Vampire_Counts
youtu.be/6cwQ1hOnIOA?t=1m23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Tomb Kings still not announced

The multiplayer for this game is fucked

Blood Dragons fugging when?

Is there any advantage to fucking about with the Norsicans as Chaos? I mean, it seems like the goal there is to replace the Skaeling and Varg with your cronies but isn't it better just to leave those stronger factions to fuck with Nordland while you go straight for Kislev then the Empire?

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

It's already been leaked that the new unit is the mortis engine

For the one true Emperor!

Chaos design is bad in this game, whoever was tasked with making units didnt understand the implications of being a horde

and no, I am not that autist bitching about chosen, my problem is that the cheaper units arent worth it, because their buildings require population, AND increase the pop cost of all other buildings, so you are better off just ignoring stuff like trolls and chariots and going for the chosen, knights with lances and dragon ogres

So do most of you play long or medium campaigns? I've always played long in previous Total War titles but playing a game as orcs for long is fucking ridiculous. I destroyed all dwarves but now I need to go all over the map to claim the ruins that chaos shit on in the north and the Bretonnians shit on in the east, just seems kind of dull and a run around rather than the WAAAGH! I want to fight.

Also Black Orcs need bigger unit sizes, they actually seem to lose to a lot of things and Big Uns or Boys seem to do better.

tomorrow

Considering regeneration is shit in TWWH thats pretty disappointing

What is with that picture?

I'd be ok with both, but I think Blood Knights will be the FLC unit.
Abhorash as next LL with Blood Dragons as Blood Knights unit of renown!

So what's the skinny on DLC for this game? Seems like a good platform for it. Except releasing a race as DLC when it's on the disc

>tfw Chaos gets wiped out without you even doing anything

It's over boys, we're heading north. Gonna raise the remnants of the chaos invasion.

It's the long game for Chaos. The campaign intro straight up tells you tzeentch fucked with time and its unclear if the end times have yet to begin or are in full swing. you can take archaon and go straight into kislev, or you can go questing on his journey through norsca to unite the tribes and gather his artifacts.

doing either works because sacking is so lucrative, but having a 4-6 vassal norsca pumping out their own doomstacks in your name can be pretty helpful, especially when they join you in battle or raze a settlement you just sacked.

>Except releasing a race as DLC when it's on the disc
The 'only' (except for the Chaos Warriors which were free for the first week) on-disc faction DLC will be Bretonnia and they will be free!

is beating the chaos campaign on legendary an achievement? am i allowed to feel proud?

Chaos is specifically what I'm referring to

what exactly does this wacky new thing do?

Happened in my greenskins campaign, kinda disappointing but made finishing the game relatively easy so I can now play the fun factions

yes, but keep in mind
it's only game

Since we are speaking about VC, why am I attacking all these other Lords who are Von Carsteins?

I have killed Frederick Von Carstein, Dierick Von Carstein. Is everyone related or something?

i understand. thank you

Only one can rule the Bloodline!

>220 points Chariot with an Armour Save of 5+ on top of it's 5 Toughness and 5 Wounds, but this isn't a Black Coach that you want to run your enemy down with. It's purely a support unit. It's offensive abilities are abysmal (unless you charge it into a flank) despite it getting a lot of little bird peck attacks, but it has decent survivability. Here's where you factor in it's abilities. The Reliquary ability gives your undead a nice regeneration boost to make them live longer/tarpit better and can hit a good amount of enemy units at decently high strength, making it one of the few good ranged units available to you, and with the amount of wounds it has you don't even need to worry about taking a hit from doubles, and even if it does get a little hurt, you can just heal it up yourself.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Vampire_Counts

guys what is the best artillery unit for Empire?
i think it's Mortar because they are cheap and accurate

The von carsteins are the largest and most influential of the bloodlines

Blood knights only want to fight amd there arent a whole lot of them
Lamians arent big on fighting
Strigoi are both rare and completely degenerate.

>Strigoi are both rare and completely degenerate.

For Vampires? Or Humans?

Can a euphoric gentleman translate this shit please

Welp, legendary VC campaign has ended after 200 turns. There's no defeating this. Literally cannot catch a break this campaign. We'll be back though.

how to make a chaos army

doing the monster mash featuring forsaken is the only thing that has a semblance of effectiveness for me.

It just heals everything around it, and boosts magic.

But Greenskins are the most fun faction

the tank

>shogun 2
>broker peace
>war declared 2 turns later
>broker trade agreement
>trade cancelled next turn
>arrange marriage
>exchange hostage
>doesn't matter
>AI just does whatever

how is this series popular again? the war is repetitive as fuck, empire management is babby tier and diplomacy is beyond broken.

Is it just because all the other good strategy franchises didn't make it out of the 00's and the genre is naturally addictive?

that stack really isn't that bad. his infantry is all tier 1, the dogs and horses aren't really good, and trolls receive a mighty dicking from mannfreds magic, don't they?

Sounds like you are a shitter and need to git gud.

This series has survived because no strategy game offers a strategic campaign and as well as tactical battles.

tank is hardly consider an artillery unit though, it is a combat vehicle

There was competition they just all kind of blew though.

It isn't called total friendship user

Get fucked Todshitter :^)

Even for Vampires. They're basically devolved hulking monsters with more in common with ghouls than other vampires. Most of the bloodlines feel contempt for them at the very best. By human standards they're abominations

Is there a fluff reason for humans taking attrition on undead land and vice versa or is it just something CA made up?

Which competition? Unless I missed some obscure title there isn't any game that offers what Total War offers.

Especially in the size of the battles.

Both.

The strigoi got assfucked in the ye olde vampire war. With the loss of their empire/clan theyve reverted into bestial shapes(but not full blown varghulf) and run around the woods fucking shit up for everybody. The ghouls apparently feel a kindred spirit in them because they tend to flock to strigoi more so than other vampires.

Strigoi are particularly hated by other vampires for two reasons

One; Strigoi will feed on other vampires, and that scares the shit out of them as much as it disgusts them

Two; When the strigoi go to war they feed ghouls their blood, considering ghouls are both alive and degenerate cannibals its incredibly revolting to the other vampires. The result is crypt horrors.

Crypt horrors are pretty neat. Basically the ghouls body tries to emulate the vampires eternal life and strength and super powers their body giving them massive muscles that they tear all the time but they constantly regenerate. The side effect of the regeneration(or rather cause of it) is super cancer.

So crypt horrors are really big really mean walking tumors. Crypt horrors only live for a few years after their transformation before theyre totally consumed

a lot of great weapon chosen, chaos lances, doggies when fighting norskans and empire, replace doggies and halberds with chariots/cavalry, or more great weapon chosen when fighting dwarves

Only the campaign (eating captives, lots of whacky things happening to the heroes, Gork and Mork, quest battle speeches and so on) but battles aren't fun (well, except for Grimgor soloing armies and Doomdiver catapults).

All in all you're right, they're really fun.
But there's no spookiness, pimp lords or swag hats with giant feathers.

Only a braindead retard ventures into Sylvania, and for good reason. The entire landscape is incredibly hostile to outsiders, from the restless dead to the horrific creatures that haunt the forests. Also the trees are carnivorous.

Git gud at what? Broken diplomacy?
It's 8 times easier to just shit on them instead because the AI is terrible at war.

Tactical battle? Have more units or abuse archers
>enemy throws stack at garrison
>win
>conquer all of their shit within the next 3-4 turns

If you make it past turn 20, you've won. This game is trash.

Not if you are in raiding stance :^)

King Arthur: The Role-Playing game
Real Warfare 1242
XIII Century

They all kind of blew though. I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

it's an abstraction of a bunch of evil shit happening in evil lands. random animal packs snatching watchmen and dragging them screaming from their posts. outriders patrolling a road and getting pulled apart by living roots and branches.

What about for undead? As long as their leader is with them why would they take attrition?

You know that town near Vizima in the first Witcher game? One that's basically filled to the brim with ghouls, drowners and spectral hounds because of shit going down. And you keep finding corpses of villagers everywhere because even having lived all their life there they still occasionally got caught.

That's what undead land is like. The attrition comes from soldiers wandering around alone or in small groups and then getting eaten by ghouls.

I dunno, maybe some ghouls or direwolves dragging away some stray zombies? Honestly the only beings truly safe in Sylvania are the vampires themselves.

the rest arent really worth it, you are better of taking a unit of greatswords, or cavalry, or even just an extra hero

Its not like the citizens of sylvania dont enjoy it there. Its nicer than brettonia or the empire thats for sure.

And then there was that one game, what was it called, oh I know Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

I mean undead in low-corruption land

Oh yeah that one was okay because of how good an adaption it was, but I can't get it to run.

Diplomacy in warhammer total war works great.

and this is why I dislike shogun, I actually agree with everything you said, its one of the worst total war games, but everyone praises it for some reason

I just fled from that. I have no men.

i mean in a multiplayer battle mostly. capiagn is great since you can get tons of cash through sacking cities, so price isn't really a limit

when talking cost efficientness against people in multiplayer battles, i get anally-thrusted consistently when playing chaos.

So why don't people like the vargheists? What makes them so shit?

So tomorrow is the patch right? RIGHT!? I can't wait more to play as Bretonnia

BLOOD DLC WHEN??

REEEEE

oh I suck at multiplayer so I have no idea, would getting some marauders in spagheti lines in front of your great weapon chaos warriors work? maybe throw in some chariots or whatever?

>They die easily
>They get bogged down
>Dont really do much damage

after tomorrow

Good early game. Shit late game. Monsters are generally pretty shit if you play on ultra due to them getting bogged down easier. Also auto resolve fucks over single units pretty fucking hard.

Are you shitting me? Living in Sylvania fucking sucks. They live in constant terror of being eaten alive by undead or having the blood sucked out of them by vampires. Sylvanian peasants just don't complain because if they did they'd be killed, and they're too poor to leave, not to mention if they tried they'd be hunted down and slaughtered.

DANCE MACABRE

At least for the Empire it makes sense, Sigmar blessed relics in the ground or something sipping off the undead magic.
Maybe sunlight weakening the Vampire?

Oh, hey. Same shit.
>Hattori clan getting ballsy
>but all of his units are in one massive stack, attacking someone else
>take out his straggling units
>blaze a trail through his territory
>make like 6 vassals just to see what happens
>hattori pays for peace
>as does everyone except my weakest enemy
>who has refused peace since turn 2, despite never landing on my soil
>two turns later
>threat of attack from one of my vassals
>they have no army
>they're capable of nothing at all
>they're just going to declare war because declaring war, throwing deathstacks and breaking treaties is all the AI seems capable of doing

I love how all of them yell that with that retarded accent

>DANZ MACABERRRRE

I think , the problem is not the unit itself .

youtu.be/6cwQ1hOnIOA?t=1m23s

I mean , you always get in the middle , like when the demigryphs charge the ones who give the back and go that deep that they can hit you from the flanks , back , etc.

Sunlight, and the land isn't as saturated with Dark Magic makes it harder for a vampire to maintain the bindings on his undead.

Literally canon that sylvania has better living conditions than bretonnia/empiere

I got it to run with no problems on windows 7. Although it was from disc and I have to have the disc in while playing

Yeah something like that

Where should I go as Dwarves after I reconquer the Silver Road? Should I head south and try to take Death Pass from the Greenskins, or should I continue north and wipe out those Red Spear shits.

Also wondering when I should poop out a second army. There is a lot of ground to cover even with Underway.

Just got a follower whose tooltip mentions the Skaven, confirmed then? Ratmen when then?

well maybe, but getting all clumped up against someone like the dwarfs, the marauders and warriors actually get pushed back by regular dwarf warriors, and thats considering they also have a range advantage as well as cool shit like iron drakes, blasting charges, and bombers.

the empires cavalry out-performs chaos knights with their demigryphs actually being just as expensive.

orcs aren't actually too bad to deal with

death sorcerors can actually fair alright taking out wraiths, and flying units, but great weapon graveguards seem to plow through chaos warriors pretty easily. chosen do alright, but they get massed-up-on because of how expensive they are.

GIVE ME BRETONNIA GOD DAMMIT I ALREADY FINISHED EVERYONE ELSE

Any good Let's Play memers? I found watching someone who is actually good at the game enjoyable when XCOM came out.

shit all over the two immediate greenskin holds to your south using underway, then just as quickly underway your ass north to take mount gunbad before someone else does. only raid south until you get confronted by and wipe out the greenskins' starting full stack, and maybe any other armies you see, or theyll just come north while youre away because the AI sees all.

Head south. Don't head north unless you like holding the north vs Chaos while trying to take the south once you are done with North.

How do I recruit heroes as Vampire Counts?

I can only recruit Vamprire Lords and Master Necromancers

If you want to watch someone good you won't find anyone among the popular TW youtubers.

>Miners

You know you can click province details to see the entire building/tech tree right?

Build the required buildings.

Not true, there's just not as much crime since all criminals get eaten alive. Literally only Vlad von Carstein gave a single shit about the peasants.

THFE Production

>fellbats trying to hurt my tanks

kek

>On windows 10
>Built a new computer and forgot about disk drive
>Lost disk anyway

Well at least I have Total War: Warhammer now.

Tips for playing Greenskins?