Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Lewd Villager Edition

not ded edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, mods, modding drama, projects, seeds, building ideas, modding drama...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=976E3gd0PIc
youtube.com/watch?v=xYB4v8uThXc
imgur.com/a/0Gy80/layout/grid)
mediafire.com/download/xdydcwaquzlvlqh/Noodlor's Chunk World V3.zip
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4lwv0v/for_all_you_doubters_about_a_curse_minecraft_for/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for hobo server alive and well again.

What mods would you like to see remade or have a spiritual successor to out of nostalgia for mods trapped in pre-1.7.10 days in 1.9 or 1.10? Excluding the obvious Traincraft of course.

So why aren't modders working on the c++ version?

Wasn't Java shit?

Greenstone Wire.
Erosion Mod.

>microsoft
you really think they'd allow mods?

The old thaumcraft.

This one is shit

which one?
i assume it was one of the pipe ones.
the one with goodvis badvis?
or the one with the weird cubevis tanks?

>allow
lol

yes

i mean do you want to crack it?
because any changes to it apparently fuck shit up summat fierce

whats the name of that hqm modpack that does a good job of teaching you RF Tools? I kinda need that right about now.

Java has bytecode in a virtual machine language designed specifically for Java, as well as a single primary compiler, meaning that it's not too hard to map that bytecode back to Java and edit it. On top of that, classes, fields and methods exist in the class files.

Pocket Edition uses C++, which is compiled to assembly language which is a lot more variable depending on CPU architecture, compiler used, and there is generally no way to derive where methods, variables and functionality lies... unless you keep debug symbols in, which the PE developers (mistakenly?) have.

The Windows 10 edition does not repeat this mistake, and without debug symbols reverse-engineering is a massive waste of time.

The main problem with modding the C++ (aka Windows 10) edition is that it's packaged/installed as a UWP app.
UWP is designed to be more secure than regular programs, which makes it harder to modify the contents of their folders/files (aka what modding does).
iirc, even admininstrators don't have access to the App folder by default.

Speaking of the W10 edition, anyone know a shaders mod that simulates in the new lighting system in the java version?

Forgot picture, the lighting system in W10E feels a lot smoother than the default one in the java version

Thank you very much

>two editions edition

I always have trouble populating curves with details.

actually considering running a partition with windows 10 now

I don't see the big deal

I might be blind

To me, it only looks a bit warmer than usual. And that can be done easily with a lightmap if you have Optifine or MCPatcher.

It's unfortunate that w10 minecraft will always suck without mods

Differences aren't major, but all those little things add up
Top is W10 edition latest version
Bottom is 1.7.10 with Optifine, but no shaders (set to internal) or resource pack. With smooth lighting set to maximum.
I think the java version had lightning improvements in 1.8, but I'm not sure

I have a question regarding opencomputers.
Now, I don't really know lua.
I do know a little bit of python and some java.
Now, seeing as i know lua is really simple, can I just code in what is almost psuedocode for most of my scripts, or is there more to it?

I see it now, looks nice indeed

IT IS COMPLETE
youtube.com/watch?v=976E3gd0PIc

Is gud

>Tfw at work and can't click

it is a masterpiece worthy of the gods of autisms

10/10 my man

>Mfw my post is in the video

OH SHIT

Whats with the screaming?

>Want to join hoboserv
>There's no Shincolle
Fug

Thank you guys, I worked real hard on it. No really this shit's harder than it looks.

it's funny because it's true

a child turned into a cleric beast after being trolled with for way too long

this is the original video if you want to watch it, just turn your volume down, way down, for the sake of your head
youtube.com/watch?v=xYB4v8uThXc

So how long should I let this be before I attempt to harness it for feeding?

the title/uploader changes every time I watch this.

Posting Monster Compendium.

they don't look nametagged.. I guess you never venture far or are Ok with them despawning

No, I tagged them. I may expand on this area to add more.

if you have MFR, use the golden jailer safari nets

if you have MFR, use the golden lasso and hang yourself

>mfw that username is familiar and amazing
>mfw this video quickly encapsulates everything I loathe about the community

>open Minecraft
>feel bothered by something in the current world and base
>close Minecraft

did you misquote, my young friend?

>pahimar released another completely unfinished version of EE3
>it's for 1.7.10
>he still thinks it's relevant when ProjectE surpassed him a long time ago

I'm sure that his Patrons will feel a little more relieved at the hundreds of dollars they pour on him a month, right?

>he plays with anything other than quake fov

>Sky Factory has at least two different kinds of lucky blocks
Is this pack supposed to be as mentally painful as possible?

>open minecraft
>look at all the shit in my base
>notice all half done or barelly started things
>alt+f4 and go back to sleep

I updated my chunk world this morning!

- 48 buildings
- Isometric renders of every structure.

---

Gallery bookmark: imgur.com/a/0Gy80/layout/grid)

World Download:
mediafire.com/download/xdydcwaquzlvlqh/Noodlor's Chunk World V3.zip

is that a shaderpack or a render

Some old buildings have been updated!

i'm stealing so many designs

A new Nordic building. Praise Wodan!

looks Japanese.

>finns
>white

lel, spot on!

I have 16 more plots to complet the world. Give me your suggestions for themes or structures!

floating sewers

Last pic, from London

Build something Byzantine.
Theodosian walls or a portcullis

cyberpunk/sci-fi

Yeah, some gatehouse might fit in perfect!

You have any examples, that might translate well to minecraft?

what is that 1 2 3

I'm considering doing a comprehensive analysis and critique of Minecraft as a whole;

-the game itself, its history, Notch and the other staff who've worked on it

-the modding API (or lack thereof), Bukkit

-Community shit such as 12-year-old retards and the pedophile YouTube personalities who prey on them

-mods modders modding APIs and related drama, the lack of originality in both the base game and the mods that have been created, along with the idiocy and circlejerking revolving around FTB and ForgeCraft

-the shallowness of various camp and education programs which are just obvious cash grabs

and anything else I can dredge up. I'll write it as an essay, then either rehearse and record it, or provide it as text in a video (I've never done VO work so uh... yeah). Any help such as suggestions, citations or goofy images will be very much appreciated.

look in the imgur album

for what purpose

Because I've lost control of my life

not really, just the first thing that came to my mind

>complaining that he released something
>complaining that it's on 1.7.10
You whiny faggots will complain about anything

fuck off pahimar don't you have work to pretend to do?

there's been reason to complain when literally everything pahimar has done following ee2 has been vaporware garbage. he's made no other mods in his life and makes more money than modders who make really popular shit.

I want to be able to collect lots of building materials fast and automatically, but my world is based on magic and shit with little technology. what mod should I use?

creative mode

maybe a thaumcraft bore?

Project E

i like the part where you posted your modlist so we know what the options are

>pahimar plugging his patreon already

Oh, he can just fuck off with that shit.

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4lwv0v/for_all_you_doubters_about_a_curse_minecraft_for/

The shilling is real.

I've just started with all the magic mods and know little of there contents except the beginning, so maybe there's something in there that I could use

like a holocaust on the soul

10/10 made me commit suicide

>The truth is that this community has, as a whole, been ready to assume the worst about Curse from day one.
BECAUSE THEY'VE HAD A SHIT REPUTATION FOR OVER TEN YEARS, YOU DENSE SHIT!

I've been gone for years, did the bukkit team ever make that api they were hired for or did they just fuck about making useless shit like notch and jeb?

>tofu bugle

lolnope

>trying to figure out that nip laser tech mod
this is so much fun and i have absolutely no idea what im doing

There's a little tutorial of how to get started with the glowing iron and such in the mod's forum page, Google Translate is good enough for that.

Is botania a good mod? Is it gay?

first one depends on your taste, and the second on how you feel about "trannies" who do nothing other than say they're women

Extremely gay, deviantArt weeaboo-tier gay

RIP headphone users

mojang scrapped the api and targeted map makers instead.

>Trying to make Ex Nihilo Osmium work with TiC Smeltery

Jesus christ just shoot me already.

fuck that guy
"think positively" faggots like him who throw away their trust for no reason is the reason Curse was allowed to get as big as it is today

this guy's head is so buried in the sand i'm pretty sure he's just a curse sockpuppet

what's the problem?

can confirm. had to stop playing hoboserb because my eardrum was bleeding a little.

it's just shit people like from other mods packed into one package, but not before being injected with enough flowerfaggotry and reddit and facebook-tier memes to kill an elephant

Um... /mcg/ is there a mod that adds ore prospecting akin to TFC prospector's picks?
Something that is not outright cheating and doesn't require end-game resources to craft/use.

Ex Nihilo Osmium does not like playing nice with the smeltery is the basic gist of it. There aren't any recipes what so ever to turn the Osmium gravel/sand/dust into molten Osmium in the smeltery, mainly because molten Osmium is an addon from ExtraTiC.
So I'm trying to add a recipe to turn the gravel/sand/dust blocks into molten osmium and then be able to pour it into casts/basins.

The function to do this is in the image, the problem right now is the fact that no matter what I write, it just won't detect ExtraTiC:moltenOsmium as a fluid. So I can't make the recipe work.