/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

Endless Autism Edition

We're back! After a long slumber, /rog/ has awoken. Do you crave nostalgia? Are you disappointed by Tree of Failure? Maybe you never quit in the first place? Or are you a new player? We welcome all to the wonderful world of Ragnarok Online!

Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10362447
strawpoll.me/10362478
strawpoll.me/10362487
strawpoll.me/10362500
talonro.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To get organized and gauge interest, I've set up some helpful polls. Go through and each one and let everyone know what you're interested in!

Server Type
strawpoll.me/10362447

Server Rates
strawpoll.me/10362478

Server Episode
strawpoll.me/10362487

Class to play
strawpoll.me/10362500

When we've gathered enough interest, a server will be decided on and then we can begin playing. First one to get an emp will earn the right to be guild leader and lead /rog/ to victory and fun!

Here's a sample list of potential servers we could play on. Please suggest some other servers if you know of any good ones!

TalonRO
Pre-Re
Rates: 8x/8x/3x
Average players online: 1000
talonro.com/

Sarah Server
Pre-Trans
Rates: 2x/2x/2x
Average players online: 1000

LimitRO
Renewal
Rates: 100x/100x/25x
Average players online: 500

DreamerRO
Renewal
Rates: 8000x/8000x/3000x
Average players online: 500
talonro.com/

First for unfrozen shadow set and unkillable tao chasers making WoE fun!

i'll comeback to ragnarok when they create third taekwon classes

I never played RO but I really like ToS and want to give its predecessor a shot.
I'm playing a Barbarian in ToS, is there anything similar in RO? How does RO work? What are the major differences? Anything about RO you would have really liked to know yourself before you started?

NovaRO is pretty good.
I had to drop it because it made my desktop lag or some reason.

>I'm playing a Barbarian in ToS, is there anything similar in RO?
I would say that Knight is the most similar class. They are able to dish out damage, tank and move fast by using a mount.

>How does RO work?
It controls via mouse and keyboard. You click where to move and where to attack, like Diablo I & II. You start the game as a novice character and gain experience by fighting monsters. Once you get enough levels, you change to a new class much like Tree of Savior. Again, like ToS, each character has a Base level and a class level.

>What are the major differences?
RO has no linear progression. You are dropped into a world where you can go anywhere and do anything if you are strong enough. There is no themepark quest styled progression. The game consists of hunting for exp and items. However, there are quests you can do, but these are limited in number and must be found throughout the world (or with a guide).

>Anything about RO you would have really liked to know yourself before you started?
Often times it's more efficient to hunt for drops that can get you money rather than hunting solely for exp gain. In RO, cash is king.

fucking plump ninja sluts

who nova here

uhhh dickher

I've been kind of in the mood to play RO for a while, but for some reason I want to at least see what Renewal has to offer.

Unfortunately I'm a masochist and like the high-investment classes too much.

>her

thats a boy

novaro is like the only renewal server that isn't dead as shit or have retarded rates so go there

If a boy presents himself as feminine he's a she in that moment.

NovaRO lags my desktop and I hate using my laptop for games.

>feminine dick
>boy

you already mentioned that here it doesn't lag me so it must be your shit thats fucked

We're going to have this thread and it is going to in a few days or even maybe today become a haven for shitposters, which afterwards it will spiral downstairs trough the castle of discord, retarded names for different versions of the game (all the way from beta to renewal) and then people will begin server hopping like madmen and the server population will dwindle, die and expire.
If we (you) choose a server beyond the rate of 10x, the server hopping will either occur much much more earlier, or you will face a longer but more drama and shitposting.

On the positive side, you've got discord not being here for the moment which is literally one of the biggest achievements /rog/ could get
But on the negative side of that point, this server hopping community shitfest will not get more than 20 people for half a week unless you advertise on possibly /v/ or some other shitty board because everyone knows /rog/ is SHIT.
So
>keknibble
>transbaboon
>pre-content
>betalords
>win 8
why

It's actually Windows Vista.

I like keknewall more.

Anyways, the decision is if "we" like knights and monks oneshoting people, Biochemist oneshoting people or screen wide asuras oneshoting people.

We were doing good before you posted, though. Honestly, you're the only one bringing negatively at this point so it's like you're trying to fulfill your own prophecy.

Anyway, let's have fun! I say we should play on TalonRO. They are the most stable pserver out there have been going for almost a decade. It's not pure RO, but it's honestly not bad and the huge population more than makes up for it.

These girls needs to lose some weight.

I've always wanted to oneshot people, but I like PVM more.

talon sucks dick because its so fucking weird and custom and shit, plus no 9gagnewal classes means pvm is boring

The custom bullshit is what makes it different from other though which is good.
Also I agree, PvM is boring without renewal.

What custom stuff on talon is bad?

everything

It sounds like you're just having a knee-jerk reaction rather than actual reasoning.

>/rog/ in a nutshell
>people come together
>start playing a server
>make nice progress
>faggots come along suggest a meme server
>arguing ensues
>community splits
>us vs them scenario
>drama overload

>no /rog/ threads for a while
>people come toghter
>...

Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and add a lot of gayfagging, attentionwhoring, clique building and pretending to be retarded at every step.

Might start on Sarah this weekend.

Favorite class and build?
I'm having fun with my RK with a Breath build.
It's expensive as fuck though.

from what i played having boss cards on a novice then having butt fucking nothing afterwards pretty much killed it for me

like fuck that am i supposed to exploit being an amazing novice for 50 levels or some shit

if there's just more of that bullshit afterwards then count me out

How do you even get boss cards as a novice?
Cash shop?

>having boss cards on a novice
how

pretty sure the default gear you get from the tutorial had boss cards in it

should I play if I've never played before?
/rog/ drama seems fun

>if people don't choose a server that suits my taste people will shitpost
great logic

there are people that won't play on a low rate servers to start with, so they would "server hop" at t=0

maybe we should realize that the community is made up of many different individuals that all have different likes and interests and it is impossible to accommodate them all on a single server rather than the constantly tribal warfare

dunno, are you hardcore?

my mom doesn't let me be hardcore

>/rog/ drama seems fun
It isn't. Believe me.

During /rog/'s golden age, we had lots of people playing in different servers. But nowadays, we struggle to get 10 regular players.

You get to test some broken gear in the training grounds, but that's it. If you're basing your entire impression of the server on that, then don't even bother posting it.

>We were doing good before you posted, though.
My post was literally the historybook of /rog/ and /rog/-culture.

And to be even more heretically offensive, I'm going to flat out here take a huge shit in the thread and say that iRO was literally the best Veeky Forums /rog/ adventure there has been, on-par with CookieRO and everything before Veeky Forums was created.
Two guilds inter-connected to eachother trough chat relay bots led by a literally suicidal /pol/poster who managed to bring out the best out of a group of 60 people over the 4chins made one of the best years of RO experience I have had despite it only lasting for nearly 2~ months. And the main reason this worked so well was because people actually got together to grind trough what is 1x1x1, and people weren't afraid to jump on an official server despite it probably being one of the worst servers when compared to popular private server.

You're here for eachother, not for the shit grind, love one another.
also RIP Jamitin

Okay, JAMITIN.

If only mimi were here, things would be different.

All sub 1k private servers will die within a year. All large pop servers are shit. The private servers are hosted on some shitty vps with minimal bandwidth. WoE will be dead. No one will grind when their progress gets wiped in a year or few months, not to mention grinding alone after all nostalgia fags drop off. Content for official server has long since dried up no matter how many furry-pandering classes are shoved in. RO current year HD remake never.

but no joke the guy killed himself after key told him to stop being a meme-spouting retard

we even sent flowers

can we have a /v/ thread of RO groupings or something
it would be less of a mess and not contain circlejerks about past gone shit

not to mention maybe we'd actually get more than 3 people on a server

Proof?

If someone wants to start a /v/ thread to get recruits then please do it for I am too lazy and expended my posting energy making this thread

that is my entire impression of the server.

everyone has a bunch of broken shit and broken shit is free. prove me wrong

/a/ used to have more and better players than /v/.

Sadly, nowadays you'll get banned for posting about vidya.

Prove your right

epic comeback

well i'm done with you and i don't want to waste any more time on free baby's imba boss cards server. i'd rather play on any other server which doesn't have a bunch of tryhard custom trash

Are you okay, user? Why would you go on the internet and angrily tell lies? Did Talon touch you in places?

>m-muh server!!

nice try talon admin

Has any pserv actually produced a considerable amount of custom content? I haven't seen any that make good quality custom maps, quest lines, etc. for an entire area rather than just a modified home city.

Wasn't there some server that did something with changing the renewal exp rates back to pre-re rates, or am I high

That was actually jRO

Actually, the Talon apologists motto is "muh population".

NovaRO had multiple custom instances. That's it though. You can also change all hat items into cosmetic stuff.

Did anyone figure out how to make good quality custom maps? I remember browedit but I had issues selecting walk-able space and a few other things.

Any of you playing RO right now?

Yes.

Make the server single class super novice

Has anyone ever considered making a more extravagant crafting system for blacksmiths? Is it even possible? I tried to look into the private server files for how the smith items are handled but they made no sense.

How would one improve it anyway? For most people, the way blacksmithing works is just fine.

Adding more materials and more possible outcomes. Or even a crafting minigame that alters the outcome +-x amount

>blacksmiths
They became irrelevant since Sages existed.

adding a crafting minigame would be a lot of work unless you do it through text or you only implement it one of the open sourced clients

All that work for what? Blacksmith weapons were always meant to be sold cheaply for some extra zeny to people who need some elemental advantage early game in highly populated official servers. Carded weapons/some really good level 4 wep will always be better in the long run.

>always wanted to play a priest
>priests do shit all for damage and you must always make a hunter or something for your item grinding needs

If only someone cared enough to buff battlepriest.

I looked at Sarah and they have 1.7k on now.. but they say they have classic skill mechanics with several things on the page listing the changes not being correct for that episode.

Why does everyone that makes an old episode server not know how the shit actually worked?

You were already answered. The cards were available only in the tutorial zone that early, so that players could see what cards are all about and how powerful they can be once you do get them through normal play. Good lord, the average /rog/ player...

>so that players could see what cards are all about

>so that players could see what cards are all about

I just thought it was to skip the early level grind.

I wanted to play sarah server but they are going slowly through the episodes and so they don't have 1-2 classes like alchemist yet.

So if you could make your own server, what would you do

10000x rates

Popular voting choices so far:
Normal server
Rates between 10x and 20x
Pre-Renewal

ep 1.0 aegis

Okay guys, I'm downloading Sarah Server.
There's anyone here playing it?

>log in
>peenoys everywhere
>more everywhere than usual
Nope.

A FUCKIN ANIME MUSIC JUST STARTED ON THE FUCKIN LAUNCHER I'M ACTUALLY MAD

Downloading this on Steam now, never played any game like it before (only MMO experience is XIV). Any particular servers to go to/avoid? I saw this and apparently Renewal is bad for some reason, should I go on Loki? How much can I play this solo?

lol

That's pretty cancerous. I'm telling you people, play TalonRO. It's not perfect but it's the best out right now. Don't listen to training grounds rager.

I playied TalonRO for a long time but I find the Server pretty Pay to Win. I don't like Cash in general.

BRs and p2w crap? I'll rather kys myself.

But you can just get copper coins to get the same benefits. Besides, it's really only an issue if you want to be some sort of pvp/woe king. In that case, you can just gear up your character either by farming, buying from vendors or dropping a few bucks. They've got to keep the server going somehow, it's unrealistic to expect them to operate with no income.

BRs are everywhere, user.

Talon shill/admin please go.

Reworks of everything-
Blacksmith crafting expanded vastly
Alchemy given more tools to make potions and more potions to brew
Footwrapping as a 3 socket weapon with no stats for taekwons at level 75+(Because rankers have gotten the short stick on all private servers I've been on)
Level 255/120, 1000x exp rates
Card drop at 1% for normal mobs and 10% for bosses
Boss revamps to coincide with the op level range
Gay Marriage, gives permanent HIV debuff to both characters even if divorced.

shit game shit thread

sage

bumpan

I might give Nova a shot on the weekend, see what's up with that.

Which class is you guys' favorite, and why?

Pre-renewal btw

Archer tree, because you get to start in Payon

Any guild in TalonRO?

What protection against bots does TalonRO have

I'm still a big fan of Biochemist, overpowered or no.