/twg/ - Total War General

Non-consensual conquering of electorates edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

first for VC a shit

I'm playing as the Empire with Karl as my legendary but I have no idea who to summon.
What do?

THE WINDS GROW HOT

Can I post historical Total War games?

E L E C T O R C O U N T S
L E C T O R C O U N T S
E C T O R C O U N T S
C T O R C O U N T S
T O R C O U N T S
O R C O U N T S
R C O U N T S
C O U N T S
O U N T S
U N T S
N T S
T S
S

I kinda want to get atilla now, shame it's not on sale

What faction have you had the most fun with /twg/?

memes only.

Vampire Counts

It's just comfy, and I like Making The Empire Great Again.

Shame Mannfred is such a massive twat.

Greenskins and Empire. Probably because they seem to be the only two factions that can field "traditional" combined arms armies (melee/ranged/cav/arty all present)

Generally Empire, Hellfire Rockets are dope. So are tanks. But my favourite unit so far are Ironbreakers. Those satchel charges fuck shit up.

Vamps have a comfy map and they get fun once you unlock good units

Empire has the hilarious option of skirmish mode mounted ranged units

STARTING A NEW GOBBOS ONLY CAMPAIGN ON HARD, WISH ME LUCK

REMOVE
HORSE
ARCHERS

F

Yous betta den dem!

>tfw no Skarsnik LL availble (yet)

I like them all except Chaos, I think their economy needs to be rebalanced because it doesn't incentivate multiple stacks but one giant elite stack with the upkeep reduction through buildings only for the one army system

>playing dwarfs
>have to use my one unit of artillery to kill the horse archers and end the battle

Use a mod that lets you play as one of the actual Goblin factions so you don't have to sit a LL somewhere taking up cash.

Campaign when?

>Kemmler doesn't get Krell
>Skarsnik won't get Gobbla
>Thanquol won't get Boneripper
>Tyrion and Teclis do get to turn up together because hurr elves

next week

Based england already taking over northern italy

Chaos. fun roster and great campaign though it needs some adjusting and hopefullythey'll change it with the coming titles.

Dont remind me...

Could have been quests for a "bodyguard" type unit, like other LLs get mounts etc

I don't understand how to play the Chaos campaign. Am I only suppose to have only a couple armies? Are they suppose to be week? Am I suppose to unit the north or leave them alone? They shit out armies more than I can kill them

Don't play with my heart.

Poor cunts never saw it coming.

Slann better be god damn amazing, magic is so underwhelming but we're talking about Frogs that can split the earth and shield entire armies.

Also why is there no hero embedding?! I should be able to stick my Empire Captain in my veteran group of Greatswords!
Sure I can just try my best to keep them together but it's a quality of life change I'd enjoy

>be strong my friend

I just replaced the LL.

Question for modders

1) Is the Morion helmet from the alpha still in the files?
2)Could you make an Estalian mod with it?

In return, have a rare pepe

I've noticed that one of the names on this map is wrong. I'd like to remind you that this agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.

chaos: fun roster, boring mechanics/campaign
empire: fun roster, fun campaign
vampire: arguably fun roster, semi fun campaign
orc: fun end game roster, insanely fun campaign

>SIGNA FERTE

I started with a Chaos campaign because I wanted to make a big Tzeentch aligned army of Chosens to spam magic onto my enemies.
Unfortunately it seems that this game has zero customization of that kind or maybe things have changed in the last 12 years that I haven't played tabletop.
Anyway i found this game surprisingly boring. Is it just the Chaos faction or even the rest are shit?

As I thought, the real problem is their Warboss, he has already 200 kills, my goblins don't have enough attack to go past his armor and melee defense and I'm running out of mana

Ordained by the pope, successor to Rome and certainly big enough to be an Empire. :^)

Kinky

>be archaon
>kill bearsonling, awaken bearsonling, kill bearsonling, vassalize bearsonling
>fight varg, dwarf, skaeling, kislev stacks, don't leave bearsonling alone
>acquire favour of vile masters by destroying stacks and sacking when stacks are down
>acquire horde growth
>destroy kraka drak and create second horde
>send new lord on marauder quest to unite norsca
>continue bashing the everliving shit out of kislev as archaon
>ignore sigvald's existence

If you can do that you should be set for the rest of the campaign, tbqh.

If there is no lore bodyguard/pairing for that LL would a small group of elite units be used instead?

Also how much tougher health wise would this make the LLs units roughly speaking. In my mind having your pairing of 2 characters wont increase health radically(if at all) but increase to match that of LL without any legendary lore bodyguard available hence meaning the original LL is weaker compared to others without the other 'half' of the unit present

Play Empire if you want fun.

Hot Vampire waifus [SPOILER/]SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS[SPOILER] for my penis.

>tfw no War of the Roses mod

>two Dwarf armies against two Varg armies in an underground battle
>this should be a fucking turkey shoot
>let's do it manually

>the enemy reinforcement army comes straight into my back, the indicator lying like fuck to me instead of where it showed to be on the other side of the map with the other Varg army
>the AI reinforcements march onto the map right next to my own reinforcements
>Quarrelers, dwarf warriors and marauders fight in a titanic moshpit, chariots and trolls having a field day
>desperately hold onto the incoming army as I try to micro my ranged out fo the moshpit
>it all falls apart as I get literally overrun, thunderers firing volleys in the middle of the multiple melees, chariots running unchecked through my scattered units trying to reinforce the different points, hounds harassing my ranged
>manage to take down both the AI's lords, but I'm playing with a mod that makes combat longer, and it made it kinda gay in that it's virtually impossible to force a rout for anything anymore
>it all came down to two sub-10 man dwarf warrior units and some massively diminished quarreler units without any ammo and two half-dead units of chaos trolls

Holy fuck what a battle

Nothing built by Germans is ever worthy of being called an empire.

Are grave guard considered skeletal for the buffs from tech and items?

Empire campaign is boring as hell, it has one difficulty bump
Dwarf campaign's loads of fun as a desperate struggle

t. bong

What should I do with WAAAGHs containing orcs?

You fucked up the spoilers in three different ways. I'm impressed.

>bosworth
>grain
wut

Soonish?

Thanquol will probably start with a rat ogre and a Boneripper banner

Im hoping for a Krell LL considering he's the last vamp named hero alive in the time of Vlad

maybe chaos has boring or bad mechanics (good luck trying to reinforce when you're 3 provinces deep in enemy territory) but you can't tell me being able to roam around and destroy/pillage whatever you want isn't fun

Vampire counts are incredibly fun for me. Once I've turtled for about 40 or 50 turns, I build an elite offensive and defensive army and fuck the empire. I also love to make deals with the dwarfs during my playthrough, as well as sometimes averland, just so I don't get fucked from behind when attacking the empire. Maximum comfy.

I hope they do a minor faction playable dlc/update soon

Playing as shitty tribes or whatever would be great

>beastmen in Norsca

I know there's a lot of Beastmen up there but let's be honest : they will be in the Drakwald forest

>implying Thanquol will be in the game

Damn, if only. The dialogue alone would make up for shitty skaven magic.

Throw them at the silver road. They shouldn't achieve anything, but it may keep the dorfs off your back, and screw their economy a little while they're besieged.

Do you think if we got a Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire game would we have gotten an overhauled diplomacy system?

So I'm allowed to use them for my Gobbos only campaign? I mean technically they're not my faction

the 3 LL would probably be him, Ikit and Queek

auto resolving garrison battles isn't fun to me

>England

Hon hon

They can mass armies like no other dude

Empire, its one of the harder campaigns, it has the most enemy diversity, and you have a roster you can't complain about

>be empire
>suddenly bastonne declares war on me
>helmgart attacked immediately >it's one guy. Literally one guy.
>have very small already depleted garrison
>go into battle
>arrange spears in a line and hide swords in nearby forest >Mr Jenkins comes running across the field and into my spearmen
>activate trapcard
>he kicks my spearmens asses
>just barely rout him
>all units wavering
>mfw he killed 120 men (over half of my army

Well that was tense

>gobbos only

I used them, they're allies.

Who else? I'd been assuming it would be thanquol and queek. Didn't think any of the great clan lords will be in the game, those roles would be the skaven heroes (along with chieftains).

Ushoran is alive and had a novel.

Mannfred is literally one of the best LLs

Waagh's are technically allies and not you so it's okay

Now, I liked the Empire campaign, but saying that there is enemy diversity is just a plain old lie. You fight other humans for a bit in the early game, and then its nothing but marauders and dog spam from up north.

>mad modded unit size is 200
I can understand why, CA. But I'm still pissed.

But his character is fucking awful

He performs brilliantly but fuck, I wanna be based Kemmler. Or Vlad.

How is the difficulty slider in this game? I find myself not really being challenged after turn 80 on "Normal" but will Very Hard kick my but? Shall i step to Hard first?

>Empire
>its one of the harder campaigns
?
> it has the most enemy diversity,
you fight men, then vamps and then some chaos

Meanwhile goblins fight every single faction

Still no less of a twat.

I think 200 is enough, but it's still odd how it crashes here

You get to fight the Empire and Orcs early game(And maybe even Bretonnia and Dwarves)

Then depending on how you branch out, you get to fight more of dorfs or Bretonnia, or you go east and fight Sylvania, or go south and possibly fight more orcs. Then you get to fight a bunch of Chaos

Queek will probably be a complete beast in combat and give you Stormvermin bonuses.

Try very hard campaign with normal battles (it's in the escape menu after you start the save)

Is it true there's hidden files about elves and LL grom?

>dwarves

No reason to do so

>Bretonnia

Never attacked me, no reason to attack them either.

>VC

Unless you immediately branch into Stirland to get to them, no. Also, trying to deal with both VC and chaos fuckers from the north is a retarded thing to do.

Orcs are always dead before you ever get to set foot in their territory. Being completely surrounded by Marienburg, Bretonnia and the dwarves does that.

Ultimately, you always fight humans, either with bows, guns or with dogs.

>+5% campaign map movement
>-10% upkeep on stormvermin
>A banner for stormvermin (like grimgor's immortulz banner)
Done.

RIP Richard III, Rightful King of England. Fuck Tudor usurpers and traitors.

What are the chances that Araby appears at all, even as a generic unplayable faction?

What is approximately a normal amount of turns to beat a Long Campaign on Hard as the Greenskins?

I could have beaten it earlier if I had realized I needed to take the far north settlements, and I knew how the Chaos worked going in, but I think I did decent.

>campaign movement speed

Why is this a thing? It's too good not to take, but its boring.

Fucking Varg and that other tribe. I just want to awaken the tribes and get the End Times going, but you keep razing and occupying the cities I awaken. Cunts.

How do you want your battle senpai?

Jesus christ I barely made it against the shitty small dwarf army at thundering falls

There's one in development for M2

He should have been returned to York for burial.

can someone explain these factions to someone newish to WHFB

i know ulthuan is the atlantis thing and it contains high elves and i can guess that the emblem south of the empire is wood elves, but who are the others? isn't that lizard men in south america?

I had the same experience, every tribe I awakened got razed and I couldn't eliminate the faction razing them without another one showing up to raze