/domg/ - Dominions General

Waifu Edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ErmorOP
strawpoll.me/10366226
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do your turns. I have business to attend to.

That's a whole lot of investment to do very little and die to patrollers.

Third for ichtyids.

Literally worse than a 'puchi

AND THEY SAID I COULDN'T FIGHT ERMOR HALF THE WORLD AWAY.

Honestly, 25 sacreds is huge too. It's, like, what 250 gems?

Each wolf is 2 gems worth

Oh, 50 gems. I guess that's bearable, especially with mother oak and shit.

40 gems of wolves, the joke is that I have more indirect mage support via summons.

What's the Ambassador Mage?

Also, it's honestly pretty cool that you have a son of fenrir leading a giant pack of wolves to sneak through enemy territory and devour an army

It was a hero, and they actually missed their target last turn so had to not use super wolf teleport sneak.

To be fair, that is a trash army. Even with incredible research, he's not beating shit with 120 troops, of which only half are mediocre, and nine good mages.

multihero

Ermor's research has pretty much ground to a halt since he got invaded, and he has been overtaken by a few nations, including Nief.

And so the slow descent into annihilation begins.

>still using rorarus
will he ever learn?

I'd like to buy two Fire Brands, and I'd like to receive them next turn if possible. 10F/10E or 20E each I'm willing to pay.

You're willing to pay double price? You must need those brands really badly.

emergency thug gear, and against someone who has CR. You can do the math yourselves

I can forge them this turn and send them the next...

>against someone who has CR
Yeah, zombies and skellies. I'd much rather use thugs to take back my provinces than send a few armies to play whack-a-mole.

I may accept that offer, do you mind if I wait 6 hours to see if anyone can get me them sooner?

I don't mind at all. I can make up to 20. When you are ready, come to chat an announce yourself.

Is it just me, or are the Wu Tang horribly underpowered? It's a good while before I can actually war with anyone even with this ridiculous nine province bullshit (which I'm fairly salty about because Empire's one big strength is quick expansion against indies), but still.

Man, looks like someone really does have a bone to pick.

cracker empires need to back off before they get Mike Dropped on

you don't even share an actual border with me yet you talentless hacks

watch ur neck

Wu tang has A6 hero that can cast 4 spells per turn.

spells

per

turn

actually it's

A6

spells

per

turn

That lad is going to need a lot of reinvig gear even if he's JUST spamming out 4 t-strikes a turn.

That or some bitch boy com slaves

Oh dang, I didn't check out their heroes.

Hopefully Wu Tang got him some luck scales. Or, uh, not hopefully, I guess.

Don't extra paths really help with fatigue? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought each level above the required level for a spell halved the fatigue cost, so with two boosters up to A8, shouldn't he be casting at 1/2^5 the fatigue?

Yes, he's just retarded. It's basically - storm - storm power - wrathful skies - fag warriors in a single turn

Yeah, with two boosters it's not bad, but at that point you're spending 50 air gems on fatigue reduction. That's a full air queen.

T-strike has a fairly high base fatigue cost and stuff like Fog Warriors is even higher, so without boosters he'll get exhausted quickly.

Well, I at least got my hero first turn. And no, that would be telling

To be clear, I'm not saying that he isn't absolutely broken, and that particular spell queue is probably fight-winning, but after he casts that he's finished for the fight.

He's actually sacred, so it would be cool to see E8-9 on him.

As pointed out, I forgot about storm power, so it's only 20 gems to cast fatigue 2(!) T-strike four times a turn (assuming the hero has a head slot). You can make that fatigue neutral pretty easily.

>precision 15
DEVASTATING

DEEP

STRIKES

Fatigue reduction doesn't work that way. He pays 8 or 9 fatigue per t-strike, which is still amazing, but not fatigue-neutral amazing.

That's wrong. The fatigue is decreased to 1/(extra levels +1). So A8 would be casting thunderstrike for roughly 1/6 fatigue, which is about 7 fatigue per thunderstrike. Add 3 encumbrance and he's taking 10 fatigue per cast, or 40 per turn.

God, looking at the Wu Tang's heroes, they're all amazing. Even Kanye, though only for sticking in a lab and making shit with.

All the others get 1 or 3! bonus spells.

So basically they're complete trash, except for their heroes, which are unreasonably good SCs?

Oops, that was for A9. A8 would be 1/5 fatigue, which is 10 without encumbrance.

Nobody knows. Shaolin Shadowboxers look like good sacreds.

That's right, gonna show some true might-
Gonna wow these white childs with my styles-
and prepare for more bad raps and more fat gats-
But enough chit chat lets get on with that

DO YOUR TURN THEN SLAG PEOPLE OFF YA TWIT.

under normal circumstances they would be, but everyone and their fucking mother is packing some type of magical weaponry 'round these here parts.

Those Doom rocket launchers look just silly.

enjoy this incomplete pretender prophet list

I ALREADY READ THAT SHIT, IT PAINS ME TO HAVE TO PROPHETISE A H3 TO GET THE H4 NEEDED TO AWAKEN MYSELF, SO NONE YET HAVE BASKED IN THE GLORY OF MY PRETENDERS NAME.

WAIT I'M RETARDED IT SEEMS TO BE H3.

What nations don't have magic weapon troops of some sort?

The Math nerds only magic weapon troops have MR (hard to resist) negates, so there's that.
Both of the Dorf nations have good magic weapons on their sacreds.
The Empire has Lightsabers on their sacreds.
The Dreki lack magic weapons until their dragons hatch.
MA Azo has magic weapons that horror mark besides.
Doom has Banefire Bolts, Lightning strikes, and Fireballs. All with 1 Res cost, yikes.
Ulmreich lacks magic weapons until summons.

Don't forget:
Azothia can recruit 10 mindblasters per turn in its cap (and definitely will with those 999 starting provinces).
Hitlerreich can make cap-only artillery that just DESTROYS shit on the other side of the map with a single shot.

Also, artillery has a free 1-province fires from afar spell of sorts, but with its base damage.

The Artillery really isn't as impressive as you make it out to be, given it's cost. The V2 Rockets, otoh, look pretty pants shittingly terrifying. Free Flames from the Sky is no fun.

New game idea: cataclysm game BUT one player plays MA Ermor, and everyone tries to kill him.

The best thing to do with the V2 rocket sites is to spend the 50 nature gems to empower them, then get them to cast transformation. Even if they lose all magic paths (oh how we shall miss ye N1), they still have the missiles but can now move.

Only if some1 makes a mod where only Ermor starts with 9 provinces, to make it more like a spontaneous uprising vs an evil empire.

We can just make a mod where Ermor gets 9 big skellington stacks for expansion, or some flying shit to expand quickly that dies after the first battle or something.

Actually, I could mod it so Ermor starts with ALL THE provinces asside from other people's caps and successful turn 1 blind expansions.

FUCKING FUND IT

I'll play rainbow Ermor.

Done, took my pc 15 minutes to process the resulting turn, but it resulted in ever province save the AI Abysia's cap and tthe province they blind expanded to being ERMOR.

#newevent
#rarity 5
#req_nation 34
#req_fornation 1
#req_fornation 2
#req_fornation 3
#req_fornation 4
#req_fornation 0
#nation 34
#req_indepok 1
#req_maxturn 1
#req_pop0ok
#tempunits 1
#16d6units 187
#14d6units 259
#15d6units 255
#com 258
#2com 178
#4com 439
#notext
#nolog
#end

set up game now pls thank

I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen, but unless ermor is REALLY KIND, having every province worth of gold means everyone dies to PD and indie-stacks.

I can roleplay Ermor. Come on, make it happen.

Coolstory, just copy the code into a .dm file and upload it yourself.

With Ermorian dominion, it'll be pretty damn difficult to get siege forces that can fuck over Empires in time with everyone else harassing them. It can work. Let's try it.

Fine, V2.

#newevent
#rarity 5
#req_nation 34
#req_fornation 1
#req_fornation 2
#req_fornation 3
#req_fornation 4
#req_fornation 0
#nation 34
#req_indepok 1
#req_maxturn 1
#req_pop0ok
#tempunits 1
#16d6units 187
#14d6units 259
#15d6units 255
#com 439
#newdom 10
#notext
#nolog
#end

nah

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ErmorOP

Test your mettle in this unprecedented co-op experience! Try to defeat the ultimate menace of the world of Dominions while also competing with others for the title of Pantokrator! Play with your friends, or let them be screwed hard by Ermor! Experience the defining post-apocalyptic game experience! Role-play as your favourite MA nation! Prove Pan right or wrong once and for all!

Rules:
Ermor can't capture thrones or capitals, so it's here just for "FUN" no 100 PD near your cap either, scout's honor.
To win you must kill Ermor and capture thrones. When Ermor is dead, the game becomes your usual MP game.
This mod was only tested twice, so expect even more F U N.

F U N

Awake Pretenders AT THE READY!

Mari incoming

Also, increased a number of starting provinces to 5. Take some safe dominion levels, otherwise FUN might happen earlier than you want due to random candles.

Temple checks are not based on province count. Ermor can choose to not spam temples, thereby making dom kill unlikely.

Oh, alright then.

Also, what's the name of the mod that makes arena battles happen once every year? That would add more FUN.

EL GRAN FUEGO is in.

I'm in favor of Ermor's commitment to RP, but why would Ermor ever not build temples? They want to free their brethren from their prisons of flesh; with their god's dominion that wish can be a reality!

I can take dom 5, and it will not cause that much trouble. Some provinces are definitely going to die though.

This reeks of attacking a province with 50 PD, without any serious chaff.

the answer is simpler then that. Think about cross paths

Why would anyone ever want to join this game. The Ermor player can just swat down everyone's armies and everyone else is just going to sit around like helpless babbies

Because I'm not going to do that?

Don't you love adventure?

Don't you love FUN?

Not with the powers of FRIENDSHIP and COOPERATION on our side!

People joined the Erf Snek game, so why would this eve surprise you?

You are very cool for doing this, but I thought we were gonna do cataclysm.

Huh, we can do cataclysm if you want. I just need to mod Ermor into it. Will be even more super broken. I'm also changing #newdom values to something milder, as if it remains as it is, it kills the world in 10 turns.

Someone didn't armor their beautiful queen

Nah I forgot to remove the retreat order in a siege battle.

I think cataclysm would bring out the "throw everything and anything at the undead apocalypse" atmosphere, but if other people want to play normal, MA nations against #OPErmorPlsNerf I'd join that game too.

When I phrase it like that, it makes me think, "Ya, just what I want to do with MA nations, fight against Ermor yet again." So maybe that's the thing: playing versus the best nation in the game in the worst age is what truly makes fighting Ermor suck. How about a modified one age game, with all non-redundant EA and MA nations? Isn't that what heralded the end of the EA anyway, Ermor's destruction? So wouldn't Lanka, EA Xibalba, Helheim and such nations still be around to fight before Ermor unshers in the MA? Imagine a scenario not unlike the very fall of Ermor!

strawpoll.me/10366226

Time to decide the very fate of this world.

This is literally the hardest choice of my life. Someone have an opinion so I can bandwagon it.

The other option I outline in is not just one age, it's more like EA+MA and if a nation is in both, only one may be played. So I guess I'll cast my vote for option four.

ded

Still need 6 more players for NoBones

I'd like thematic nations, ie sceleria and marignon.

Why would I join a game without Ermor if I want to fight Ermor?

Because fighting Ermor isn't fun

>install that mod
>make it run on Shiva, Destroyer of Maps map
>watch llamaserver transforming Earth into a black hole