/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Previous sortie: A thread for all simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2796627&postcount=214
kinguin.net/category/22283/dcs-mig-21bis-digital-download-cd-key/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this triggers the 16boo

>F16 systems.

Can someone explain this to me? What is incorrectly modeled and for which planes?

Every plane, everything is incorrect, that isn't an F-16

please just let me have my gunships

Everything for anything that is not an F-16. If it's not an F-16, it's just a guesswork model with F-16 systems crowbarred into it.

Falcon 4.0 seems to be more or less hard coded to use F-16 avionics, which means any aircraft that isn't an F-16 must use the avionics of the Viper. This is kinda offset with planes like the M-2000 which has that seperate MFD which is really just some code trickery.

DCS is pretty cool.

post pvp ideas

>tfw at least one person is interested

Are you good at making missions and scripting? Cuz I'm shit.

MiG-21 battle

Finland vs USSR

Ussr needs to blow up some tonks around a town and Finland needs to perkele the fuck out of the rooskies

i can make missions, i can't be bothered with scripting right now, because i don't have the time to learn lua, and DCS jesus christ what's going on lua methods, and i hate lua.

Scripting in missions is literally just using triggers. If you need help lemme know and I'll hop in the TS somtime.

That's not scripting, that's putting in triggers.
Scripting is using lua to make a script.

> P A G E 1 0

This is a pretty good idea.

Or Iran Iraq war, 1980's

Mirages vs MiG-21s

WAKE ME UP

>Watch Art of the kill
>Seduced by Bonanni's moustache
>Find out he shaved it
My heart cannot contain these feels.

art of the kill is breddy good

Unless you're trying to do something really custom you don't need custom luas. And if you do there are a variety of scripts available online that probably already do what you need.

The scripting system is powerful for how old it is and could use some updates from ED though. It still doesn't even have a 3D editor unless you count the modded one.

I heard there's a book as well, I might pick it up.

You need luas if you want to do many things actually, but for simple stuff it's not needed.

but to me lua is just disgusting, if only there was a way to plug in java or javascript or even c++ through lua.

You can get a copy of the book from GOG as an extra with Falcon 4

Yeah I hate lua as well and the lua code in DCS is horrid. Just take a look at some of the code ED wrote in the Scripts folder for example.

And honestly 99.99% of missions won't need a script that you have to write yourself, things like CTLD, MIST, etc all give you what you need. The most complicated my missions have gotten was a short custom lua script in a trigger event.

Blue team has to defend a chopper escaping with both many proofs and comrade Putin's dildo. Red team has to shoot the chopper down before it makes it to HATO's base where they will feed it all to hohols and kebabs

Comfy in Atlanta

Farming Simulator 2017 soon. I feel I am the only autist on Veeky Forums who actually plays these games.

Do those games actually simulate farming well?

Kinda grouped it in my mind with the simulators that are broken piles of shit

Yes and no. They're not buggy and are reasonably well made. But they are more of a tycoon type of game like Euro Truck than an actual simulator, the focus is on buying vehicles and land and then having AI work them, in order to buy better vehicles and more land. You can do all the work manually but it's boring unless you are really into that. There's no crop rotation or soil PH or anything that would make it a realistic simulator.

They added forestry in FS 2015 and I played the shit out of that. It's just cool to play with the huge vehicles.

also would like to know

Should the Mirage 2000 feel like a Bugatti MiG-21 aka a very expensive MiG-21? I feel like when I'm flying this thing in a A2A engagement I'm about to be raped by anything that holds R-27's. The only way I'm able to get a kill on something is by ambushing them in mountain areas.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2796627&postcount=214

Looks like the leddit guys are actually going to deliver. Sure it'll have an SFM, but working gauges, clickable pit, good looking external model.

Scooter is looking pretty damned good at this point.

DCS PvP OS WHEN????

Well, in short, yeah.

They're similar designs for similar roles, both are intended as "interceptors," not air superiority fighters.

Technically, while they can engage fighters, it's really not their primary function at all, as evidenced by the Super 530D's inability to hit the broad side of a barn.

>new to Aces High
>last week, in the main arena
>guy calls for help, I roll in and get on the plane that's chasing him
>pull up to roughly my convergence, get a sight picture and press the trigger
>miss
>enemy breaks hard left
>miss the deflection shot
>by this time he's back on the friendly
>friendly bursts into flame, enemy is faster than me so he just dives away
>my teammate just died because I'm a huge shitter
>feel like a burden to the team because most of the guys in there have been playing for so long

I've never felt this way in DCS, or any other game for that matter, but fucking up and letting a teammate down in AH intimidates the fuck out of me for some reason.

XvT PvP WHEN????????

gods plane 2bh

I used to think that HUD repeater in the -29 was the dumbest fucking thing I'd ever seen.

Until the real HUD got knocked out and I was still able to do shit. Now I'm in love.

F/A-18C progress update NEVER

THE
STACK
IS
BACK
BAY
BEE

No not really.

>balance script not currently running, Blue can still cap shit although they have a massive advantage

F A I R A N D B A L A N C E D F L A G

If only da boiz where there to save red

it's not too late

How do you people control the camera in flight sims? I find it really hard to follow targets, look around while maintaining formation and stuff.

Track IR

Headtracking is a must, especially in DCS where the target's going to be the size of a pixel any time he's not within 100m of your aircraft.

even when that kind of thing you're still going to be fucking struggling, but it's much better than doing without.

Is Track IR the best option? Which one is considered the high end?

diy is cheap and works pretty good

the only real advantage to TrackIR is offloading the CPU processor to a chip in the camera

user, he didn't even know this shit existed 10 minutes ago. Don't jump the shark.

TrackIR is okay, but overpriced. Cheaper options exist, like delanclip and shit.

DIY is still cheaper and basically just as functional as everything else on the market though.

>Being this new

Wow.

I sometimes forget that I didn't know about stuff like trackIR, prop-pitch, the importance of trim etcetcetc. Welcome to /simg/ pal,

> Get Mirage 2000
> Game crashes when accepting control bindings
> "Just bind controls from the in-game menu"
Great first impression so far

Is it still 60 god damn dollars

I sorta want it.

to be honest it's the only module I paid full-price for (sort of; $48 on pre-order) and I don't feel like I got jewed as hard as I did on the MiG-21, whose developers don't even seem to give a shit anymore.

Flying the SU25T on dcs, everytime i go and try to do a tight turn my nose always drops and i lose control, how do i fix this?

don't exceed the max AOA dummy

stop over-stressing the airframe and trying to fly it like a fighter

Got any place that explains AOA?
Is it really that heavy? i didn't expect it to turn like a elephant at 650+ speed

Yes, it's really that fucking heavy.

It's like an A-10 that hates to fly.

Yeah it is (got a friend to buy it for me though)

Christ, i got the free game and i've had a bit of training on war thunder sim, but flying the SU25 is a bit of the pain and all the other planes are expensive as fuck, 50 dollars or more

use a key site senpai

they got keys for that? got a link for the mig?

kinguin.net/category/22283/dcs-mig-21bis-digital-download-cd-key/

Cheers mate, will try and learn the mig and see if i can play online, is it much easier than the SU25T?

no, not at all.

It's the most difficult fighter in the sim to fly, and it's got a lot to memorize compared to the Su-25 if you want to be able to shoot shit.

If you can't handle the Su-25, the fishbed will give you two extra buttholes.

What's so hard about it? do i have to press like a thousand buttons to turn? or is it just getting used to the plane?

It's got no fly-by-wire, and has a weird flight profile, it's really easy to pull too much AoA in a turn and get it to begin to stall even though it's a small, light, airframe.

You can't yank and bank in it, it has to be gently coaxed into turning. It'll make the turn, but only under its own volition.

Fly-by-wire? and that's a shame, i just finished watching top gun and it seemed like it could do some pretty neat stuff

That was an F-5, you fucking idiot.

Please just get out of here before the rest of the autists in this thread wake up and start making fun of you.

bruh...

The "mig" in top gun is an F-5.

Fly by wire is a generic term for computerized flight control- basically, in a FBW aircraft, you don't directly control the aircraft but instead a computer does, interpreting your control inputs and deciding how best to manipulate the control surfaces to achieve what you want it to do without departing the aircraft.

The MiG is just overall a difficult aircraft to fly. It has teeny tiny wings so you have to keep it fast- landing run ins are kind of terrifying the first few times you do them. Also, at high AoA, it's actually better to use the rudder to roll the aircraft- you can squeeze some surprising maneuverability out of the tiny little fuck if you know how to work the rudder well.

I can't stop laughing at myself, i knew it looked weird as a mig
I got some time to learn so it won't be that hard, maybe i should get a better joystick, i got the plain thrustmaster at the moment

>It has teeny tiny wings so you have to keep it fast- landing run ins are kind of terrifying the first few times you do them

You land at 350 km/h or so, every time.

Don't flare much, don't come in with much negative vertical speed, just like, fly onto the runway and drop your chute.

The MiG-21 drops like a goddamn rock below that speed. Don't go slow.

Another important thing is to keep the throttle at or above 70% (I think) or so when landing - lower than that and you lose airflow to the blown flaps.

I usually keep it at 75-80%, which always feels like much, but it bleeds speed off like a motherfucker with gears and landing flaps down.

Use airbrake at your discretion to get to the right speed for approach (400km/h a mile out from the runway) but it shouldn't be necessary.

DO NOT touch the airbrake to slow you down just over the runway.

That'll be fine- there isn't much on the IRL stick and throttle of the MiG (Throttle has a twist grip for radar slew (it only slews in range, side to side is achieved by changing the position of the nose) and a push button for comms, the stick has a paddle for brakes, SAU recovery mode (oh shit I spun the plane let me hope this shitty soviet autopilot can unfuck it for me), SAU cancel current mode, weapon release, gun fire, and a button to lock targets on the radar)- the Fishbed is a very heads down plane, lots of switches and shit in the cockpit.

It also has the single most interesting radar in DCS right now, because it actually simulates reflections from the ground and clouds and shit.

>60s jets
Noice but it's going to be forever until it gets anything to fight.

Evn if we get an E model, MiG-21, F-5E & Mirage F1 will probably all eat its face off. Though I guess it'll have the S.530.

gunships when

It doesn't exactly have 'carefree' handling. It can turn quite tightly under the right conditions but you need to know what you're doing to get the most out of it. It's a challenge and that's why it's popular.

It's fun to fly and even though it's not perfect it's definitely a /simg/ approved module.
Just don't expect to be able to rumble with F-15s & MiG-29s on even terms. Luckily there's a bunch of 3rd gen fighters coming out that will be perfect to fight the MiG so you'll have adversaries soon enough.

I'm just stuck at start up at the moment, going from a cold start is torture, but reading through the manual, for some odd reason the engine won't start

Unlock the throttle?

How do i do that? i think that's what im missing

Battery power on. Inverters and battery heat (three switches near your right elbow) on. top switches on the switch panel to your right (the ones that are horizontal rather than vertical) on. Switch on all three pumps. Engine APU on, fire extinguisher on and have the discharge button un-capped if you want to follow procedure but I don't think it's possible for the engine to hot start in DCS. Uncage the throttle by clicking the little metal lever under it, ensure it moves freely then pull it all the way back. Press the engine start button and hold it until you hear the engine beginning to start.

Once the engine starts, engage the DC generator, wait for RPMs to stabilize, turn on AC power and all the gyros, press the EOS localize button on the front dash until the magnetic compass dealio stops wiggling, kill the engine APU, turn on all the switches on the right side panel (aside from the armament stuff and the gunsight). If you're going up to kill something, click the radar switch once to put the radar into standby/warmup mode and turn on your RWR.

Bam, your MiG is now ready to go.

SAU autorecovery doubles as a comfy heading/alt hold if you're lazy and don't feel like manhandling the plane while transiting.

Remember to turn on the aileron booster too, you can see it on that image just above the red countermeasures safety cap.

Aileron booster should be on by default in current version of DCS.

Did they change it back again?

Engine started, everything fine, taxiing is a whore, this plane turns like a tank and i can't give it enough power or else it will shoot off flying

I've REALLY got to stop looking up pictures of the sighting systems and instruments on old gunships, it's depressing the fuck out of me.

But yeah, this is the sight for the AH-1G's chin turret. Literally just a collimator sight that you point through the cockpit glass at whatever you want to kill.

Pretty early on they replaced it with a telescopic unit, IIRC- around the time they started putting TOWs on them.

Apply the brakes along with hard left or right rudder to turn, it doesn't have nosewheel steering so it used differential brakes.

Uh... wheres the brakes? and im stuck in the grass now

You should probably do the tutorials, there are no toe brakes. The wheel brakes are a lever that sticks up behind the stick.

for the love of christ turn off that depth of field shit it eats up frames and it's ugly as sin anyway

cheers, didn't know it did that
I got it started and everything and now will try to taxi slowly again