/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log

>Current Event - The Make it Rain Campaign (May 27 – June 10):
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Patch 3.3 Revenge of the Horde Information (Release date: June 7):
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/291208-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIX-Update-Thread
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/293255-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXX-Update-Thread

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

>Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo
youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of /xivg/. My name is Tin Can, president of Tin Can Shitposting Enterprise. Today I come to you with an offer; an offer to change the course of this general forever.
For the longest time, Tin Can Shitposting Enterprise has been a one can operation. However, around half a year ago today, I welcomed another shitposter as partner, and it has greatly improved the quality of shitposting I produced. Just yesterday, we collaborated with another group of shitposters and got plenty of (You)s. We also welcomed a shitposter from the foreign lands of GIlgamesh into our fold. Which brings me to my offer: I am opening the doors of Tin Can Shitposting Enterprise to the rest of this general. And you, user, are cordially invited to shitpost with us.
Now, some of you might be wondering why I'd do such a thing, well, it's simple, really. Last night, as I went to bed, I had a vision. A vision of what this thread could be with our particular brand of shitposting plastered all over it 24 hours a day. I would try to make this vision a reality myself, but this isn't a job for one, two, or even three cans. This is an endeavor that needs a full, dedicated team to accomplish. So I ask for your help, my friends. For with it, we could have thread presence that might rival even the Ultrash. Together, we will turn /xivg/ into a shitposting paradise.

Rylai bp

>Taking old gifs from infinite chan

Waiting on 3.3 housing!

I have a feeling this is a manelezen

hi

>spamming emotes
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

THAT'S A PENIS

Female, actually.

ugly

Waiting on 3.3 relic.

Elves should love other elves!

haha hey brucie boy hahahaahahahahahahahahah

>thirsty female elves
How disgraceful.

Anytime. You're not into Heavensward content yet, are you? If that's the case, I recommend getting your GLA to Lv. 22 (34 max for cross-class actions) and your MRD to Lv. 26 to have a complete variety of cross-class actions to use on your DRK. The experience will also make you more familiar with tanking.

Aside from the encounters catering more towards MCH in Midas, a good group can and will benefit from a BRD more. Rain of Death can definitely decrease the chances for a healer to miss, plus The Warden's Paean can be a clutch cleanse if it's not already on cooldown for a WAR's Berserk pacification prevention.

By "mad," I assume you mean crazy for thinking that a class or job should be designed differently instead of how it was meant to be designed? If that's what you mean, I can understand that. If you just mean "mad" as in angry or frustrated, I'm just tired of people not explaining themselves when they make a comment or criticism that may or may not hold any merit.

But back to the matter at hand, GLA/PLD was meant to be an easy tank to play with focus on defence, right? If that's the case, SE is having trouble trying to do just that while trying to maintain a balance between the other tanks. It's better than it was back in 3.0 to 3.1, but there's still room for improvement.

>Waiting on 3.3 housing!

I'm nervous, hopefully I can get a plot in time

what the fuck

tfw no sugar baby to spoil on balmung

Do you like miqo'te...

>a good group can and will benefit from a brd more
no it won't
this post is retarded

please stop being retarded

What the hell am I supposed to do with all this furniture I transferred on to Balmung with?

This is great.
Now I need some mineral water.

Oh? Now thats rare. Post elezen

Just plan which plot you want to grab ahead of time and plan your moves accordingly. You'll be fine

No thank you, Miqo'tes have been known to be nothing but trouble.

EXCUSE ME FOR DROPPING IN

>all these brown elves
>want to try this out
>remember I'm shit at it
>close game
Welp

No matter how many times I see that stupid fucking video it makes me laugh every time

why are you exposing your midriff like that, it's disgusting

*heavy sweating*

The problem with paladin lies in the fact that it's built to be the "big bad defensive tank" which is meaningless in xiv because of the way the fights are designed. No one will take a paladin because it does less damage then the other two. Strong mitigation doesn't mean dick if any of the other tanks can do it anyway while actually doing damage.

Um, excuse me, that's really rude.

Do you have two plots in mind and how you'll get to them quickly? Have snacks and drinks ready to camp the Server Status page toward the end of maintenance day (probably wanna be ready five hours ahead of schedule), along with some shows to watch and puzzles? Research how a house is purchased and keep your nerves calm?

Looks amazing, what are you talking about.

I don't want to oust myself as a slut. I hope you understand.
When you're surrounded by female au ra every day, you'll want some men in your life as well.

this was only remotely true in gordias where dps checks were important

pld is decently preferable in midas, it's comp dependent to an extent, stop pretending you have any idea what you're talking about and go back to asking for butts or other shit because you're fucking retarded

what lessons have you learned user?

You've already done that though. You're a slut without a face.

Never make friends with anyone on xivg, ever.

pretty much this

You got any other glamours?
I like your lizard.

i think im in the process of learning one, we'll see

I do. Could stop by somewhere to just say hi if ye want.

Change that to balmung and you've got it.

i would sit on that midriff after putting vaseline on it and then spin around really fast

Is there any point in this post, or are you too stupid to comprehend it?

Explain why my post is retarded then instead of simply calling it retarded without any reasoning to back up your claim. Otherwise, you can fuck right off.

If a group is able to have both of their healers push DPS and their casters are strong, it can see higher raid DPS with a BRD than a MCH. Otherwise, a MCH is a safer bet to pick since most groups will have two physical melee DPS and a single caster for the other three DPS slots. Healers can still do decent DPS with a MCH. They may see higher DPS with a BRD.

This is true for the most part. Unlike Gordias, Midas has a stronger focus on mechanics and mitigation over DPS checks. With the change of focus on the current raid content, PLD is actually a viable option, especially in regards to the heavy-hitting physical tank busters a DRK and WAR may have more issues with. Being able to push DPS in Midas is more of a luxury than it was a necessity in Gordias.

You mean people on the internet in general.

>Resub
>Check Veeky Forums
>No Lalas

I feel bad.... I failed you, Veeky Forums, I am so sorry

No, only this one.

That's really disgusting.

Can somebody, anybody make a nice midlander with blond drills and blue/green eyes? it's impossible I just wanna see one in a pink dress like a princess...

ugly

It's common practice. And a very lovely sight.

More like
>resub
>fc is mainly dead
>people you cared for left

You failed more than the vg.

Oh, come on. They can't ALL be bad right?
Are you a fast learner?

they're not all bad but there are some that are bad enough to not want to take the risk

Welcome back!

>tfw too lame to ever be close friends with someone anyway

I can, but you'll have supply the pink dress.

Excalibur

yes, and im about to get my answer

Futa?

Well excuuuuse me, princess. The thing is, 90% of the reason pld got dumped on in gordias was all the magic damage. It's never been completely unviable, just less reliable. With softer checks and harder hits it probably does fine in midas but I'll bet anyone wanting fast clears this late in a patch cycle will most likely run drk/war

Go away and stay gone you pedophile fuck.

>i dont force it guys
>literal first post upon return is lala shit

You're right.
i-ill be your f... wait, wait... lesson

Can you stop forcing our server? Thanks

I can only say from experience that that's a gift. To be like, skin level friendly. Like hi and bye basis with some video game together is like the perfect level of online friendship. Anything more and you're just asking for a bad fucking time.

>[10:08]You successfully convert the eikon iron ring of fending  into an ice materia V.

can a tank queue for AV? we just zoned in and he turned 180 and walked out

post butt

I hate you all.
You're all fine posting butt but not when i offer free shit.
Take your damn useless emote.

RGFT - BRAW - F2Z5 - FCPR - ZDE6

Datacenter and time elapsed?

Data centre and time elapsed? Can't really help out if we don't know you're on the same data centre as some of us.

Post the midlander

If you're scared to get to know someone on a personal level you're 100% the problem.

I kind of have an idea which plots I'm eyeing but I can put some more thought on priority I'll try to get. I didn't think about the servers being ready early but I did plan on coming into work late in case they are not ready in time.

I never tired buying a house before so I don't know what to expect. I'm guessing there going to a bunch of people waiting outside the entrance of the wards and there is going to be a mad dash to grab a plot.

And they say we don't play the game

Cute Midlander?

>90% of the reason pld got dumped on in gordias was all the magic damage

no.

Well she's blonde haired/blue eyes but she's an alt i never used so i can fanta.

It's not being scared, it's that it's pointless to do so. Most of the time they end up harming or hurting you anyways. Or you hurt each other. I know this from first hand experience. But hey, you're probably user, I myself might be the problem in reality, and if that's the case I should take my own advice and avoid people, right?

thanks my man

i was too slow

Are you fucking retarded?

Keep us informed.

thanks guys we got someone kind enough to join

youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

>typhon GATE
>I've failed 4 times in a row
>go to stand with friends
>they run away from me

Never eat gas station sushi, no matter how desperate you are.
At least you can use it for the Mutamix lottery where you can hate your life even more.

Probably because those people are either pathetic WoW shills or simply associate a majority of /xivg/ posters with thread personalities they despise. Either way, it's pretty sad.

No problem, user. Just remember to post those two bits of information should you be in need of someone in the future again.

Except mnk pld drg is a better comp for prog compared to nin drg drk in midas due to mitigation and safety trumping the menial dps checks that barely exist. Hell I didnt even know what A5S enrage looked like until some random shitter balmung pf a couple weeks ago

Ada pls

Do I meet your expectations?

I wanna see it.
7/10

No, that's some pretty fucking stupid advice. You don't shut good people out because you ran into a few assholes. You have a long, bitter future ahead of you if that's your outlook on life. Everything you do is a gamble, don't be so hasty to throw your hand away.

>group was having trouble clearing A5S for a while, kept hitting enrage
>brought a friend in to help out that was already up to A7S
>they died to the potion debuff wearing off due to not even knowing that was a thing

Funny how really good groups end up just not even knowing about all of the mechanics in the fight. Like, I'm sure there's at least a few groups that have never seen the third chakram on Brawler.

just remember you have to click the sign in front of the housing area you want to buy.
Good luck and i hope you get it!

I like being bitter, thank you very much user.

I guess. I expected nothing from the conversion and I was stull let down.
Thanks, SE!

How do I upgrade?

What servers are you on? I'll show you in person.

>still haven't touched Fishing quests so I can sky/cloudfish
>I wear my sunglasses at night

Definitely mosey around your chosen Residential District and see what you like, the two plots you want to target should be one in each Division. Choose a Ward that people are less likely to rush; we're getting 8-12 so I would choose 11.
I don't know how to buy a house but it looks like Bosscat got'cha covered.

And here I was hoping they were going pure for their eb, and then would be corrupted once more.