/kspg/ Kerbal Sacking Programmers General

RIP Harv edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/364040961439160782/?tscn=1462813960#p1
pcgamesn.com/kerbal-space-program/welcome-to-squad-we-pay-you-like-st-then-fire-you-developer-slams-kerbal-space-program-studio
mygaming.co.za/news/business/91475-developer-slave-program-former-employee-speaks-out-against-kerbal-space-program-developers.html
mcvuk.com/news/read/kerbal-space-program-dev-criticised-for-crunch-and-low-pay/0166532
destructoid.com/former-kerbal-space-program-developers-slam-studio-for-poor-pay-and-crunch-time-359507.phtml
siliconangle.com/blog/2016/05/06/former-kerbal-space-program-dev-calls-out-studio-for-low-wages-and-long-hours/
develop-online.net/news/squad-devs-blast-kerbal-space-program-studio-for-high-crunch-and-low-pay/0220059
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4i1qzu/the_indie_game_developer_behind_kerbal_space/
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=25
a.uguu.se/DmWHw62QZNLo_2016-06-01-0612-53.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=UEuZG37gFdM
a.uguu.se/H6Qp0lHNCN0e_2015-11-23-0125-30.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

kspg.sytes.net

penis

pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete" -- we must deconstruct this statement to fully understand the multifaceted meanings. This will take time.

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

Eat a bag of crusty dicks.

This has to be some sort of bot

negative, human.

Plopmod

It is. It's actually Scibot.

*being so terrible lead developers have to quit edition

HAPPENING

Funny meme but be careful, he still lurks.

Please post your jannybait elsewhere

Ok

>Implying Scibot is worse than MAN.

reposting my hanging pole mimic for the necromancer game (I just did the model I don,t want to start working on it and end up never working on hellball).

jesus fuck how does this general still exist

oh fuck me I thought I was in agdg

sorry everybody ignore this post

Pikes Peak is breddy hard tbqh

wew

Oh look, more people to admire the low quality horsecock.

today i learned how to masturbate properly
not even underageb&

what did you do?

How did you do it before?
And how did you not know how to do it until now?

before: grind off [not exactly the right word] something [pillow, blanket, inflatable.] usually with dick in underwear except in the case of later until ejaculation.
now: normally jack it using hand.

i knew the method until now, but it'd never worked. today i was just bored so i just stuck at doing it the normal way for a while [because it's still an interesting sensation] until bingo.

i think i just didn't have the hang of alternating speed and was used to the more premature turnaround time of the initial method, which i figured out by being a weird kid and having some balloons handy. way i'd inferred from TV, which even then was basically the correct hand motion, wasn't working, so i figured why not just try two balloons side-y ways. it didn't really work, but it lead to the prone method.

so basically i've gone from the SPH [move horizontally until liftoff] to the VAB [move mostly vertically until liftoff.]

Hmmmmm

there are no bad generals, just bad developers.

That's kinda hot

At least, it would have been if you were still a kid
A grown man humping his pillow, not so much

fuck, wrong board

Why does everyone want to be Aryan anyway?

even though i'm a foreigner i find persian nationalism a very appealing force. moreso than secular arab nationalism, which i merely find preferable in comparison to the alternative of allowing islam to be the dominant ideology in the arab word.

Shalom

Reminder

steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/364040961439160782/?tscn=1462813960#p1
pcgamesn.com/kerbal-space-program/welcome-to-squad-we-pay-you-like-st-then-fire-you-developer-slams-kerbal-space-program-studio
mygaming.co.za/news/business/91475-developer-slave-program-former-employee-speaks-out-against-kerbal-space-program-developers.html
mcvuk.com/news/read/kerbal-space-program-dev-criticised-for-crunch-and-low-pay/0166532
destructoid.com/former-kerbal-space-program-developers-slam-studio-for-poor-pay-and-crunch-time-359507.phtml
siliconangle.com/blog/2016/05/06/former-kerbal-space-program-dev-calls-out-studio-for-low-wages-and-long-hours/
develop-online.net/news/squad-devs-blast-kerbal-space-program-studio-for-high-crunch-and-low-pay/0220059
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4i1qzu/the_indie_game_developer_behind_kerbal_space/

What is the false paradigm?

desu if the barn and associated parts looked less shitty i would've liked it as an optional downgrade.

no no, please go on hooj

The worst thing about KSP is that now "it has already been done"

Want to make a simplistic 3D space-exploration game?
It's been done. Why would anyone use yours over KSP when KSP has such a head start in community and mod support?

Oh wow, it crashes less often! That alone isn't a reason to use a game where you can only go to the moon over one where you can go to the moons of not-jupiter.

Nobody plays simplerockets. Nobody cares. It has been done, and now we're stuck with it.

>being this mad about replying to old posts

>maaghsgllsifgssbgtosgtesgowgnintygtf2gdsgbbgd2gwtgfggkspgrlginkmmgwowgaogcsgoggsgacegfogpso2gutgkfgwtchgg2dfgoggtaglolghgwpsgfegblazsmgenskghbgedgrs07gpadglisgvnagdgdbg5n@fgggxivgss13gsimgpoegtwggbfgmhgbtbgemugen
Thanks for this, faggot.

It's a pretty normal Welsh name, user.

V A R E N A

A N E R A V

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

N E R V A s

odds make campfire in backyard
evens kill self

wew.
That was close

should we play memes against humanity again

Fuggin Group B DDD:

lol

Goodnight, Regex_user

wew

what gaym

I also saved a webbum but it's 20fps because this game runs shit at windowed and I can't capture when it's fullscreen. Should I post anyway?

Dirt Rally

I wasn't there last time, we should.

sure

Do it.

ok
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=25
Password is squadisfun

a

u

>replying to 1 year and 226 day old posts

Uploading with 2mbps up speed is terrible ree

a.uguu.se/DmWHw62QZNLo_2016-06-01-0612-53.webm
H shifter and clutch. :^) But it's still hard to get the feeling because you do't feel the car with your butt.

>no photographers not jumping away in time and getting themselves killed
not the group B I knew of :^)

Hullo

Good idea or bad idea: flak cannons now inflict friendly fire, but stop shooting when an ally gets too close to their target

Will also make it so they can fuck up and keep shooting anyways, and I'll slow down their reaction time a bit too

Don't apologize. If OP wants people from other generals to come here, we should give him exactly what he wants.

hullo

Hiya friend. How are you?

HOLY FUCK IS THAT AN ADVANCE WARS MAP

WITH ACTUAL DOGFIGHTING

FUG

It's Pikes Peak you fig
youtube.com/watch?v=UEuZG37gFdM

Also I was terrible. I kept oversteering. I miss 95 Impreza

>Space Engine's allowed in this thread

Neat.

I like to find record-setting planets. Closest and furthest from their sun, coldest, hottest, most moons.

Pic related is my record for "highest density". Somehow this planet's atmospheric pressure is higher than the Mariana Trench's. I don't think such a system could actually exist in real life and still have a solid surface like the Earth does.

a

a.uguu.se/H6Qp0lHNCN0e_2015-11-23-0125-30.webm

>tfw 30kbps peak

>little red winged enemy
>two blue winged player aircraft
Yo buddy, you still alive?

How dense is the planet, and is it more dense than Kerbin, which hosts a density of 30x the Earth's density?

>1.1g
Doesn't look dense tbqh

I fucked up and said density when I meant atmospheric pressure.

a

POST PROGRESS

That's all the progress a man needs.

If you cum inside Tracer, can she go back in time to prevent the nut? What happens to the nut, does it go back to your dick or something?

SE is being a shit and not loading for me, but at RS 8425-1-7-1798313-61 there should be a pair of binary titans at the very edge of the system
Look at the atmosphere of the parent

>mfw KSPG wants you to pirate KSP
>mfw KSPG hates their namesake's game
>mfw KSPG hates their thread
>mfw KSPG pretends to be other threads to pull shitposters in to trash their thread

Pic unrelated. It's not my face.

Well, now that you're here.
Do you like Iowa from Kantai Collection?

>Kantai Collection
Absolute fucking dog shit.

You're too rude.
Please go and stay go.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry, I meant:

"Sorry user, I happen to not like that game or anything related to it. As such I probably am not one to ask about such things."

a.
Well, I'm sorry for assuming you liked it.

I don't think you can search for procedural stars directly in SE. That's alright, I just found a 3300atm one.

I was able to get to the star, it's just that nothing's loading
I went off to a random star cluster and that didn't load either
What should be there is a titan with an atmosphere with something like 500atm that ends around 15km up
So it's incredibly dense, but there are still mountaintops on the planet that reach completely above it

That's neat as fuck.

I wish Space Engine's generated planets looked more realistic (you will never see one that looks like this, for instance) but maybe that would get rid of the "weird" planets.

I wish they didn't look like they all followed the same 15 or so templates

Space Engine isn't really "procedural". Elite Dangerous is though, and you can also land on non-atmo planets.
Too bad there's nothing to do

>now both kspg and wtg general show up in search for "wtg"

Good job guys, now I can visit the worst vg has to offer with only one search!

spam?

>meme
>meme
>mememememe

What the fuck? This is not AGDG

Can you even read?

Goodnight, /kspg/

hey this is master shit poster, i know theres someone saving my shit posts, could you paste them back to me?

im particularly interested in "ofnbillions" "the dragon" and "fighter of the mind"