/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

just in time edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

www13.zippyshare.com/v/1hdmRA8X/file.html
stellariswiki.com/Species
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for robots deserve rights too you bigot

Let's try to limit the autismo levels this time around

Isn't that exact;y the same things mafia unions do with construction work?

I dont understand why Sectors are gamplay elements instead of UI features.
I mean, you have to spend resources to remove shit from them, spend resources to upkeep them (you can at max get 75% from them as taxes), and for whatever the fuck reason get locked out of any control over the worlds contained in them. Compared to the Civ 5 autamtization that just simply did shit in the bacground, you could turn it on/off at will for free, and could overrule its decisions anytime.

There is literaly no gameplay benefit for them, they only serve to compensate for the absloutely, unspeakeably, shittastic fuckup of an aborted cumstain that is the UI, and they fail even at that because you still have to comb through them for whatever spaceport-related shit you want to do (solar panels, observatory and mind contol on every planet? have fun building the spaceport, then updating the spaceport, then buiulding the modules on all 200 planets. Mind,these are all done through seperate menus, and cant be just qued up all at onec, meaning at least 3 visits for each, and you cant cycle through the planets, so you have to go empireplanetlist->planet->build what you want X3 per planet. Also, the planetlist is only takes half the screen, cant be extended so it only shows like 5 planets [wihtout information if its building shit or not], resulting in scrolling out of the ass.)

What the fuck.

At 3:6:18:36 I'm above my naval limit by 11 and have a deficit.
Time to build colonies and create sectors.
inb4 >federation cuck

>There is literaly no gameplay benefit for them
wide limiter.

Except it doesn't stop you from having shit tons of planets in sectors because wide is the only real option

You wouldn't expand more and faster if sectors weren't there?

I would expand less because fuck micro, with sectors you can say fuck it colonize whatever and let the sector governor handle it

In my language these sort of person is called 'slup' - a pole in English. Guy who have nothing, just a pawn or a name.

Research penalty already does that function, and it does jack shit in that regard as well, that couldnt have been done by a simpe ineficency maulus on the income.

Stripping control of your empire to that degree, and with this alll around implementation and UI is like if in an FPS to shoot your gun you have to jump then solve a cpatcha per bullet and if you have too much ammo (a counter that you cant actually see, and regenerates automaticaly so you have no control over it) your "forward" button will stop working. You cant even waste that shit i to get around this arbitary limitation thanks to the retard shooting system.

GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB

It would be better if they were actually kinda like vassals in CK2.
In democratic governments they would have their own chosen governors on limited time supported by factions, in oligarchies factions would be trying to influence you to put their members in this spot, in monarchies you put whatever you want but also thee would be a risk that they would rebel against you.
Fuck whole admiral/governor thing could be done this way.
So to pacify factions you actually give command of some forces to some smug faggot from some factions or something.

Fucking wasted potential.

Are there any ship model mods yet?

Problem is that there is no tools to control or affect sectors.
No policies on between sector migrations, can't specify which planet have specialization. Many small things that would actually make this game tolerable.
Like actually spending resource when building/ship start producing not when it land in quene. So you could quene buildings ins sector or just plan planet development in sector and governor would just build it when resources arrive.

No I would only focus on growing my territorry rather than also colonising within my own space

BEEP BOOP DISASSEMBLE BEEP

Is there any way to get rid of unwanted pops without having to purge them?

I wish you could forcefully relocate xeno pops after ending a war.

Nope.
I just switch reptilian turrets for mammalian ones.
Now its looks much better.

I could go on for days listing simple quality of life, and basic fucking fucntionality improvements that should have been present form the moment the mouthbreathing retard concived the idea of sectors. And thats just for the sector, to not mention the sun dimmingly glaring issues everywhere else, but the point is: Who the everloving FUCK thought that this shit in its current shape or form is actually playable, let alone release ready.
This shit is like-proof-of-concept, lazy-programing-workaround, only a few steps above dwarf-fortress-handleing, level of implementation of an abortion of an idea anyway. Even the lovely niggers from /agdg/ would be ashamed to show this to the public.

FUCK

you can?
just resettle those niggers toa colonized tombwold taht has a planetary administration (built with 5 robot pops or something)

>None of those ideas are in
>For some stupid reason sectored pops still get added ethic divergence

but i'd need a new tombworld

and a shitload of tombworlds

>This shit is like-proof-of-concept, lazy-programing-workaround, only a few steps above dwarf-fortress-handleing, level of implementation of an abortion of an idea anyway. Even the lovely niggers from /agdg/ would be ashamed to show this to the public.
And it's making Paradox millions of dollars.

Can someone tell me how to get all the pre-order DLC for stellaris?

download it

>Research penalty already does that function
No it doesn't, not really.
The research penalty just makes sure you don't science out of control as you expand.
You still want to expand constantly with just the research penalty.

It with the sector system means it is in your interest to build up planets before sectoring them off. You'll expand and have stops in your expansions you wouldn't otherwise have.
They together creates hurdles for your expansion you have to suffer or exploit around.

I'd give it to her right if you know what I meme.

There's a UNSC ship mod on moddb but it's not finished yet.

too bad that after sectoring them off, in aadecade they revert to, at best, half the production of what you made them regardless what you do, with replacing happiness buildings, ignoring tile resources and djacencccy bonuses, ingroing adn shuffling slaves and robots...

There is no reason to develop anything else other than your core worlds becuase the sector will just fuck it up anyway, so the best tactic is to just secure some breating room, colonize fucking everything, and give the sector plenty of time to unfuck itself, then roll on the wave of quantity over quality, because the reverse is fucking impossible after the first century. All the while just hoping that the fanatic purger wont rape your anus in the meantime.

And dont even get me strted on ringworlds.

www13.zippyshare.com/v/1hdmRA8X/file.html
Mod. Unlock all DLC and forum bonus.
Works for 1.1b for piratefags too.

Get the downscaled ships mods. It makes battleships actually seem like battleships and shrinks turret sizes so ships don't seem like toy gun platforms and instead seem like actually battleships.

Also I have a question, what's the point of putting weapons with different ranges on ships? I want to have battleships with different weapons and not all the exact same type but won't they just be ineffective if they're only shooting half their guns?

But that's just the dumbass whites only mod

I'd like to give you some intelligence so my tomb worlds get that research bonus while I'm forced to purge all other pops once you start nagging me about rights, but there is some space junk I have to look at first.

HAHAHA!
you sound like those pesky slaves i have!
"were people too!"
"we want to vote!"
"we want to move!"
"we need food!"
GET BAK TA WORK 'UMIES!

>intentionally making the game hard to see

Reminder that if you don't give synths rights you're a bad person

Guys I think I'm in love
spoilered for non-vidya

Neat. I've got red crystal hulls, but you think I can fix up some combo that would make Hyper Shields worth the power investment if they included one of these badboys? Along with some Lythiric Gas Refineries, I could have a massive increase in shield power. And I've got enough fighters and point-defense that torpedoes are negligible

It's not hard to see at all have you even seen the mod?

what was that? enslave everyone and everything?
including your own people with slavery ideals?
ESPECIALLY THEM?
gee. i dont think i could handle 700+ minerals a turn not even trying...

Pretty sure you're in the wrong thread.

stellariswiki.com/Species
Check this faggot. You can check which species are only in DLC.
Blind faggot.

when did lia get huge tits

Oh damn I didn't know that trait was a thing. Only seen Custom AI Assistant which is a weaker version of this.
I assume it can only show up after you've got Sentient AI tech?

Sometimes I masturbate to CK2 girls with great generic traits

haha time for quick pace beyond earth with faster movement mod

stop me

How do I install it, I'm retarded

Should I vassalize a big empire that is "superior" to me but gets wrecked in a war, or just take five of his planets and make a sector out of them? Not sure which is preferable.

>wide limiter.

Which is retarded when the only two win conditions are control 40% of habitable planets or conquer all other civs.

>lia
That's not her name

Vassalizing is shit, bigger guys will hate you forever, and might just rebel

Just unpack it into Stellaris/mod.
If there is no mod folder make one. Pic related.
Make sure you have 1.1beta patch as it could not work with 1.0.3.

Thanks user I appreciate you

>I could go on for days listing simple quality of life, and basic fucking fucntionality improvements that should have been present form the moment the mouthbreathing retard concived the idea of sectors.

Just remember these are the devs who still haven't fixed a glaring mathematical error which keeps multiple crises from firing, because apparently in Swedish math 20% rendered in decimal form is 20 not .2. I mean, just let that fucking sink in.

>only a few steps above dwarf-fortress-handleing

Hey, hey, at least bugs and shit in DF are mostly amusing and are understandable because it's just one guy who is a mathematician rather than a programmer who is giving his magnum opus away for free.

You could just liberate some areas from him.
Liberated areas form new nation with the same ethics like you.
SO they are friendly to you and start converting pop to your ethics even if they are not your vassal.
Its easier to vassal them and if you vassal them(by diplo or force) they are more happy as they share your ethics(and bonus from liberation).
Also liberating lower your threat meter. SO if you snatch a planet or two also liberate some you don't want.

Yeah.
They seriously don't care about quality of job they are doing. They keep selling shit and treat their fans as a fools.
It doesn't really changed from early years and I start with first EU.
Paraducks are utterly shit as company.

Having obstacles in the way of your goal to make games harder is very common.

>Having obstacles in the way of your goal to make games harder is very common.

But these aren't so much obstacles as they are petty annoyances. An obstacle to progress which is organic and not so gamey and noticeable works better than arbitrary maluses which make it harder to do what you're fucking supposed to do in the game, the only thing you can do in the game.

It's like putting a penalty in a platformer for jumping. It's fucking retarded.

it's more like a platformer where you can't jump very high?

>But these aren't so much obstacles as they are petty annoyances.
Petty annoyances that some players are bad at managing, and others aren't.
>and noticeable works better than arbitrary maluses
It isn't arbitrary.

More like putting enemies that can push you down the holes.

I meant that instead of figuring out how to properly interface teh player with the game (a proper UI), just brute force it with every option being a separate button on layers upon layers.

Also, that fat fuck should realy find out how to multithread that shit. Forts dieong due to FPS is not FUN.

It's more like the bike level in Battletoads.

he's in good company :^)

>Also, that fat fuck should realy find out how to multithread that shit.

Yeah, but at least next major update will finally bring DF up to 64-bit.

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in Paradox games, such as the strikingly realistic classic Darkest Hour or its medieval counterpart Europa Universalis III. Stellaris will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Stellaris, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Stellaris appears to be a game which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of strategy" are, they fail to realize that Stellaris is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Stellaris pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Stellaris would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of strategy games for centuries to come.

Impressive.

cool story bro

Is the Planetside mod good?

pic related, it's you

Anyone else had a synth pick up spiritualist from living on a planet with conquered pops and become unhappy at synths having rights?

>Galaxy being consumed by warp demons
>can't attempt to save the galaxy because I am surrounded by two fallen empires and several xenophobic isolationists, making military fleet access impossible
>can't even get civilian access
>allies across the galaxy in a similar situation
>science is shit, still don't have jump drive

Must I conquer the galaxy to save it? I would rather not wait for the Unbidden to be at my doorstep before I try to go for that portal.

Conquer the galaxy to save it user, the xenos must be enlightened.

>science is shit, still don't have jump drive

Wouldn't matter if you did, jump drives respect borders even if you have enough range to pass in one jump.

>It became necessary to conquer the galaxy in order to save it

>jump drives respect borders even if you have enough range to pass in one jump

Their borders are touching mine. I just don't have any hyperspace lanes that can bring me directly over there.

Yeah, just have to defeat the mega-federation with like 6 members

As it is for fallen empires so it is for the galaxy, only the benevolent fist of the player will save them from mediocrity.

Just beat up that Fallen Empire, mate, you can take them

b-but they're superior

>notice one of my fleets is flying in a reverse wedge formation
>god damn it parajews did you lock out other formation types for more dlc?
>give them move order
>they were flying backwards
quality programming

It's just a bunch of battleships and cruisers mate, nothing to worry about

EXCUSE ME!?!

>Wouldn't matter if you did, jump drives respect borders

>MP mode
>game starts with prebuilt empires for players
>random collapsed empires and regressed empires scattered about after a galactic war
>crystaline aliens begin trickling in from all ends of the galaxy to attack it
>gains power as time goes on
>last man standing wins
>players can utilize this to eliminate their allied competition like Stalin
when

>grap planet full of space koalas in rival empire
>decide to uplift them for space buddies
>they turn into niggers
>i don't no fucking niggers in my empire and I hate this planet
>let them go as vassals
>they turn into fanatical purifiers and start sending insults every week
WE

>warp demons are consuming entire worlds
>damn near half a quadrant has already fallen
>Fallen Empire has a fleet that could definitely help turn the tide
>Instead, they threaten to declare war on me because I might create a rogue AI

looks like I don't have a choice now, fuck these assholes

Just wait for DLC

>bought Stellaris
>go to pick colors for the flag
>every color is white
>moving around the colors changes certain amounts to certain colors
>it's an AMD bug
Once again I'm getting shafted for picking the wrong GPU.

Oh I guess it would help in that case. Everyone seems to assume they work like wormhole drives. Probably because that would make sense.

I'm seeing a lot of bugs with mapcolors on a nvidia so it's probably paradox fucking up

Daily reminder that if you don't navigate your galaxy in terms of coreward, rimward, spinwise, and trailwise, and instead think of it in terms of galactic north, south, east, and west, then you're a fucking nigger.

>rimward
lewd!

>implying niggers know what the cardinal directions are

So random names and descriptions of things aren't properly displaying. I'm assuming it's a problem with the localisation files but I have no idea how to find out what happened or what's not working properly. Anyone got any ideas?

Not a single problem on my Nvidia card