/twg/ - Total War General

AI agents are god edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Spearmen_(Shields)
youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for GoT Total War pls

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

PROPER SPEARWALLS WHEN FUCK YOU CA FOR REMOVING IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw most here wouldn't even remember the hot camel dick days

Why is the sun even there?
It stand literally no chance

posted this in last thread but it dead.
been reading in a few places that shields only block ranged damage and don't affect melee, is this actually true? is there proof of this somewhere lads?

The game has spear wall, in fact nearly all the spear units do it to counter charges

Kazuk-ha Kazukin! Ha!

I was really confused when I saw that all of my empire units had no special maneuvers like shield/spear walls etc

Like why

I'm tempted to download the mod that buffs slayers, god they are terrible.

I will always remember the hot camel dick.

melee defense is affected by armor.

So is this game really worth it? I've been in Munich for the past year and just got back and have no idea of its worth the money or not

totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Spearmen_(Shields)
> Shielded: Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.

Any reason at all to get Master Necromancers over Vampire Lords?

The "perk" Shielded only affects ranged.

Units with shields typically have more armour though, which does affect melee.

>when you inherit a general who is terribly spec'd

;_;

it's worth it but the potential is even bigger. If this game gets a couple of more races and a bigger map it's going to be amazing.

Oh and nerfed fucking agents.

>All that deformed english really rings a bell.
That's how commoners speak around here, mate.

Its all automated now, assuming you put them into position correctly.

Its the best TW game ever

>get general through confederation
>specced in utility tree out the ass

I now understand why the AI basically needs to cheat on higher difficulties. Their own retardation is shooting them in their own legs

Streamlining.

Can you teleport back from quest battles?

Mannfred has a quest battle at the very bottom of the map and I can't see how you ever fucking do it without dying of attrition on the way back

can we all agree underways are a fucking stupid mechanic?

>tfw you're now the annoyingly fast horde leading armies around on a merry chase

He who battles AI should look to it that he himself does not become the AI... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Really though, isn't anyone going to remove forced march? It's been a stupid or broken feature in every game its been in and the AI plays much better without it.

probably also the most accessible to get into

you automagically get sent back

Why are custom battles so fun? Don't let the trolls' health bars fool you, they all routed save for one unit that got lucky killing one of the necromancers

This

> Tomb Kings still not announced

This rattles my bones

>can't assassinate anyone in campaigns where I want to
>but I succeed when I go after Karl just for the sake of it
Oh for christ's sake

They make sense in that it lets dwarfs and goblins be really hard to attack (mountains being slow as fuck)

But it makes no sense because the only people who want to attack them are the other faction who uses underways and chaos who has nothing to protect

...but user that's not
Lizardmen & Skaven

I wonder what a Total War: Westeros would look like. ASOIAF isn't exactly balanced in any way.

Is spell kill detected broken? I straight up wiped out a whole unit with magic but my leader ended the battle with two kills

I was vamps so I know nobody ranged got them
I don't think it'd really work, total war doesn't have the capacity for all the political maneuvering

>skaeling control half of Norsca
>2nd most powerful faction in the world

Norsca nerf when, they're legit more powerful than Archaon?

You're at the club with your GF when this man comes up to you and tells you to SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS
what do?

Let him fuck my GF in exchange for him letting me get ridden by Deathclaw.

You summon the old Bretonnia.

THE EVERCHOSEN SHALL CRUSH THE INSOLENT NORSCAN TRIBES, AND THEN THE WORLD

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
LET THE WORLD BURN

>using marauders
>ever

"THIS WILL BE THEN OF KARL FRANZ'S CAMPAIGN" SAYS INCREASINGLY NERVOUS 'MAN' FOR SEVENTH TIME.

Skaeling getting chaos dogs is kinda horseshit, they're just tribesmen

I made this for you

Any good lets plays yet?

Im away from my computer but I need my fix.

well fuck it I just got TW:W for the potential of it all. Hope it's worth the money lads

Literally who?

>then
THE END*

What the fuck

>talking shit about marauders

There's loads up but you have to pick between total new players and memeing cheeselords

I'm not that far into the campaign yet I haven't gotten around to replacing them all

youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg

How does /twg/ spec Franz?
It's an unavoidable upgrade chain for mounts from warhorse to Deathclaw?
What upgrades from the non-combat chain are must haves?

I am not a clever man.

>wanting them to have even more axe throwers
nigga

>Slowly rolling over what's left of the Brettons
>They keep shitting out level 20+ heroes to assault my armies

FUCKING AI STOP CHEATING
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its good, it will be great

Tell him that this action lacks my consent ;_;

Bigger map as vamps is gonna be agony, as is it's impossible to spread corruption through anything other than adjacency

I use that mod that disables Agents and Heroes from taking hostile actions.

Still doesn't help their +20 to corruption ambient bonus bullshit though.

I like it a lot.

well thanks user, I guess what used to be what shields do is now just the defence stat

"Sigmar forbids this"

It's good

Best feature is having factions that are genuinely different to play

Downside is that this means you actually have less campaigns so you might get bored after like 100 hours until dlc comes

post yfw CA somehow shits the bed and makes the game worse than rome 2 on release with one dlc/patch

THEY CAN'T REVERSE MY CORRUPTION WHEN ALL OF THEIR SETTLEMENTS ARE RAZED

Hey 100 hours is still pretty hefty I cant complain about that

New players are fine tbqh they can be cute.

Would you let Karl Franz, Emperor, Prince of Altdorf, Heir of Sigmar, literally the greatest statesman the empire has ever seen slap your GF's ass at the club?
Would he even be at a club? Would he be ashamed of you for being at a club when you could be preparing to save the Empire?

how are irondrakes (non torpedo) so incredibly shit
i'm shocked

>Would you let Karl Franz, Emperor, Prince of Altdorf, Heir of Sigmar, literally the greatest statesman the empire has ever seen slap your GF's ass at the club?
No.
I'd consider Magnus though.

NAGASH WAS WEAK

So how are you guys building Mannfred?
I've gotten the +10% movement thing, The Hunger, and unlocked every Death spell. Not going to upgrade any spell, since cooldown isn't an issue. Also the Tome of Vampires seems like it's sort of shit, so I just haven't bothered.

Should I go grab more spells, build stats, go battle skills, or campaign skills? What's really good?

Where the fuck is my army painter?

Because they are good vs weak unarmored enemies and 99% of the units are armored.

hmm, no way to tell if a unit is bracing its polearm in this right? , no animation changes and I didn't see a bracing icon/text anywhere

Are volley guns and organ guns the worst artillery in the game? y/y?

I'm retarded: How do I remove my runesmith from the army stack I joined him to?

With my permission he could take the Reikland runefang to her.

Imperial Katyushas are worse.

There is an animation change, it happens before an enemy charge hits

All you have to do to brace a unit is have it hold still and facing the enemy

No and no. The Hellcannon and Organ guns are made for different things, you're using them wrong.

Feels like so many units are totally worthless.

GIVE ME A VAMPIRE GF RIGHT FUCKING NOW
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Please tell me how to Warriors of Chaos. I just wanted to raze Norsca and be on my way, but the two Norscan tribes were shitting out three full stacks, and I can't even have two stacks in the same province without in-fighting.

tfw only girls are vampires, banshees and damsels

it's ok user daemonettes and elves soon

>Spiderveins on the tits

Get the mod that removes inbred idiot infighting.

So, if I've never played a table top before, is Age of Sigmar worth picking up and diving into?
Or should I just stick with Total War?

Explain how I'm "using wrong" extremely expensive artillery with less DPS than fucking handgunners.

>Finished a Chaos campaign
Feels like I accomplished nothing

Git gud

>Age of Sigmar

Anyone got the asshurt chaos dwarf image?

Honestly it's not worth it. I dunno what kind of wargames you'd be interested in.

I'm gonna get blasted for saying this but Warmachine/hordes is fun and a new edition is coming out in a few weeks. Go to a gaming store and see if anyone is hosting demos for it.

DON'T LOOK AVERT YOUR EYES
stick to Total War and forget that anything after 8th edition ever existed - TW:W is the last hoorah for a once great hobby

>he doesn't like veiny tits
would suck the unlife out of that bitch desu senpai

>never played Total war anything before
>don't like RTS
>give it a try anyway because some anons here recc it
>accidentally play for 9 hrs straight

fucking hell, got sucked right in, every time I'd feel hungry and want to eat something I'd forget like 2 seconds later and focus on the game again thinking of strategies to expand while keeping money and happiness up

I gotta eat, real fun game though

THFE Productions does some good battles, I think he started a campaign lets play but i havent watched it.