/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread: Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Last thread hit image limit!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

Other urls found in this thread:

t.pia.jp/pia/event/event.do?eventCd=1626640
youtube.com/watch?v=QQDdVemtLP0
youtube.com/watch?v=9wwLEailEis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mukuro is best girl

Second for celes

My monokuma plushie isnt here... I missed mafia because of this. I'm going to sulk the rest of the night while I finish up on my pastebin

NOTE: DR3 will debut in Toho Theatre locations one week before the show officially hits broadcast!

t.pia.jp/pia/event/event.do?eventCd=1626640

I wonder how Makoto would've dealt with Nagito

Can someone please tell me who this is and what's her deal? I never found her in DG

We didn't end up playing because there wasn't enough people. We could try again now maybe?

That's Kanon I think. She wants to bang her cousin Leon and Hagakure for some reason

Xth for the Korean DR Fangames that I can't play because I don't know the language

youtube.com/watch?v=QQDdVemtLP0

THIS fucking idiot? Why?

Xth for the Korean DR Fangames that I can't play because I don't know the language

youtube.com/watch?v=9wwLEailEis

xth for Megpoid Gumi

xth for Izuru Kamukura was the true mastermind

I dunno, I never read it.

ok HOW the fuck did you manage this? It looks like a duplicate reply, but you posted 2 different links?

Why not just samefag if you wanted to post another link? Why post the EXACT same thing you posted again? this whole scenario makes no fucking sense

>my friend once tried making a really poorly made DR fangame in powerpoint

He wanted me and my friends to watch him play it too. I had to be the guy to tell him it was a stupid idea and nobody wanted to watch him go through a powepoint of ms paint characters. Thank god he got over it within the same day

Cause he reminds her of her big bro Leon.

>doubting for even a second that Yasuhiro "The Rear Seer" Hagakure was surfing the slit daily before transferring to Hope's Peak

You have any idea how many chicks buy into horoscopes and all that psychic/tarot garbage? There are chicks out there who spend boatloads of money a week getting their fortunes read and shit. Weedman was nailing at least half his clients. Easy.

Didn't he make millions of dollars.

Hiro is an example of why I prefer SHSL to Ultimate. To call Hiro the Ultimate anything seems like a stretch.

Dabe

Perhaps he was the Ultimate Clairvoyant because he managed to convince people living in fucking 2010 that clairvoyancy was a thing, not because he was any good at it.

another reason Hiro kinda sucks is because SHSL Clairvoyant seems like it'd be a pretty cool talent to mess with in an actual case. You know, some kind of limited precognition seems like it could make for a pretty neat murder trial. Too bad it's forever wasted on Hiro.

There is NO proof that she wanted to "bang" Hagakure. NO proof at all. Just SPECULATION.

Why does it honestly matter

Ohhai Denial kun

this is /drg/, literally nothing we talk about matters

Yeah and Komaru didn't want to bang her brother.

I'm NOT in denial. I'm only saying there's NO proof that Kanon moved on from her cousin Leon to Hagakure.

oh boy this gimmick never gets old or anything

So are we going to make straight up LIES to prove our points now? But I guess it's NO surprise considering the people I'm talking to.

The only thing that gets old is you people and your NONSENSE speculation with NO basis on anything.

but denial kun hagakure told her fortune and predicte her future and it said she would be drinking tea on the veranda with her destined lover

who do you think it honestly could be? dead leon? togami? haji?

His predictions do end up coming true 30% of the time for a REASON you know. That doesn't mean what he predicted for her WILL happen for sure. That person sitting with her in her future doesn't HAVE to be Hagakure. It COULD be some random person for all we know.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MONACAFAG, WHO WAS MOST LIKELY TO WIN AFTER DEFEATING ME IN A ONE ON ONE. YOUR MANAGER IS PROUD.

BECAUSE REMINDED HER OF LEON AND ALSO ADMITTEDLY DID SOME STUFF WORTH PRAISING IN BETWEEN BEING AWFUL

>dude taking shits lmao
What a waste of a character he was

Are you saying that Toko is wrong?

But can we say for CERTAIN she moved on from Leon to Hagakure? That seems like a STRETCH.

It's more of she was OBVIOUSLY just MESSING with her. Like she does for HALF of the game.y

>That one character you couldn't save

What's their name, /drg/?

My cat

Why would you do this

>heh

/u/ Celes/Kirigiri spinoff when?

Why am I so useless?

You're not useless! Keep your chin up!

She gives the same response to Togami.

BAIT HARDER!! IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO RATTLE MY SPIRIT!!

>I wonder what "pieceofshit" means
Fujisaki confirmed for pure

It's not fair

>I'm more into pure-hearted girls

LEON DID NOTHING WRONG

TO LIVE A LIFE OF NO REGRETS IS THE ONLY TRUE CHOICE OF ONE WITH A POWERFUL SPIRIT!!

ONE CANNOT CONTROL THE FUTURE, NOR CAN THEY DECIDE THE FATE OF OTHERS. WE CAN ONLY DO OUR BEST EACH DAY AND CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD!! THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE SPIRIT!!

>Goth loli and all that stuff is anti literary

I love you Toko

I'm sorry to hear that.

Because this series is all about the SUFFERING.

What would make you useless would be you giving up.

Life isn't fair.

No regrets? That's patently ridiculous. Everyone has things they wish they did differently. No one can plot the optimal course through life. Being aware of your regrets helps you prepare for the future.

>IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO RATTLE MY BOWELS!!

I DISAGREE!! TO REGRET IS TO WISH YOU DID THINGS DIFFERENTLY!! TO ACCEPT YOUR PAST AND USE WHAT YOU LEARNED TO MOVE FORWARD IS THE WAY TO LIVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE!!

YOUR MANAGER HAS SPOKEN!!

God that looks so pretty. Any news about dr3 on the pc?

You're not my manager though.

>DR3
it's V3 you fool. DR3 is the anime

the pc port will happen around the same time as the nx port

/drg/ IS MY TEAM. IF I'M NOT YOUR MANAGER, THEN PERHAPS YOU ARE ON THE WRONG TEAM.

BUT I AM STILL WILLING TO ACCEPT YOUR SPIRIT, SO LONG AS YOU STAND TO BENEFIT MY ATHLETES AND NOT BRING THEM HARM!!

Then you need to join another team. Begone with you.

So he's not the MC?

Fine, I'll join this team. But don't expect too much of me.

>You're not my manager though.

You're in the wrong place then. Perhaps you meant to click /v/?

Nope. Probably not. If he was, Kodaka wouldn't say the MC is still a secret.

You tell em, Naegi.

It's either the girl or the boy that's not Raiden.

AS YOUR MANAGER, I AM INCREDIBLY HONORED THAT YOU WOULD STAND UP FOR ME. TRULY I HAVE THE GREATEST ATHLETES IN THE WORLD.

I EXPECT YOU TO DO YOUR BEST. IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THEN WE HAVE MUCH WORK TO DO!!

A better quality pic than that one.

She didn't deserve her fate...

No helping it, I'm just unusually lazy to the point of it beong self destructive. I just don't put any effort into boring things.

Shame that the drglobby has been rather empty today.

>What would make you useless would be you giving up.

I probably shouldn't have bought this shirt, then.

Probably. I feel Ibuki would be disappointed.

I wish I could have saved her father so she'd be happy. I wonder how being able to spend time with him would change her.

Mikan did nothing wrong. It was Hajime and the others' fault. Their shitty mob mentality honestly made me hate them all as characters.

AGREED!! ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY SOME DELIGHTFUL ROUNDS OF MAFIA!! WHERE IS EVERYONE?!

THAT IS THE TRULY WORST THING TO READ AS A MANAGER. YOU CLAIM THINGS ARE BORING BUT PERHAPS THAT IS YOUR WAY OF AVOIDING HARD WORK.

TELL ME, WHAT SORT OF PHYSICAL TRAINING DO YOU PUT YOURSELF THROUGH?!

YOUR DEPRESSION BREAKS MY HEART, IBUKIANON. I WISH FOR YOU TO FIND PURPOSE IN LIVING EACH DAY.

I PITY HER, BUT KNOW THAT SHE WAS A TRULY DERANGED PERSON. PEOPLE MADE HER THAT WAY.

I HAVE TO AGREE. MIODA-SAN WOULD WANT EVERYONE TO CONTINUE MAKING MUSIC AND HAVING FUN EACH DAY. SHE WOULDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU!!

CALM YOURSELF. MIKAN'S DESTRUCTION STARTED LONG BEFORE HOPE'S PEAK.

Fuck off, Mikan. You deserved everything that came your way.

apparently. It was Komaru 's birthday
completely forgot

Who?

>Probably. I feel Ibuki would be disappointed.

Perhaps, though as much as I love and adore her, I don't think she'd preach overly much on the subject of giving up after the whole Ultimate Despair thing. I'm not dead yet and that is solely for her sake. I hope she'll understand the significance of that, even if I have given up on the idea of this life having anything worth looking forward to besides momentary distractions.

My purpose is to face each and every day as best I can until whatever force of mercy and compassion out there decides to finally let me be with Ibuki. That's enough to keep me going. My spirit is weak but not dead yet!

I'd play but mafia is awful on mobile.

Mad? You deserved everything that came to you, loli.
Ibuki was innocent, however.

Utopia is what one would call the perfect world. In that world you would not know the concept of despair which would prevent bloodshed and violence between different types of despair born from conflicting opinions and viewpoints. That in itself also connects to maintaining hope to fulfill those causes that lead to despair. So hope in itself is nothing more than a white lie to cover up the outbreak of despair that comes from it. Each person has a different perspective on hope so unification would be seen as impossible and that makes way for despair when those goals aren't met meaning a war outbreak.

What Utopia does is wipe out the need for Hope hence eliminating the chance of Despair. All would be one under Utopia. No longer will opinions clash or objectives differ. Mind, matter, philosophy etc will all be one under Utopia. In a brand new world.

None. Physical exercise does not interest me. As I dont drive, I have to do a lot of walking and catch a lot of public transport to get from point A to point B. I've actually been debating starting a physical exercise program since I'm so out of shape, but I just discovered my Lymphatic system is fighting something so hard at the moment that a Lymph node has swelled up, and it may be glandular fever, so I'm not sure I should press my body right now.

I'm down for some mafia if we get enough

My despair over the plushie is gone, I'm only full of hope and need mafia to continue that hope

UTOPIA user!

I'm at your service.

AS TIME GOES ON, I FIND MYSELF GROWING MORE AND MORE IN FAVOR OF UTOPIA.

AS BIG BOSS ONCE SAID, "...the world is better off... without snakes."

TO ELIMINATE A NEED FOR EITHER SIDE TO EXIST IS TO TRULY DISCOVER BALANCE AND ENDLESS SATISFACTION DEVOID OF DISSATISFACTION- RATHER, ALL WOULD SIMPLY BE PERPETUALLY CONTENT.

PERHAPS THIS IS NOT SUCH A TERRIBLE THING, BUT IN A WORLD LIKE THAT, WHERE DOES ONE WHO PUSHES OTHERS TO OVERCOME ADVERSITY HAVE A PLACE?

PERHAPS IT LIES IN HELPING THEM ACTUALIZE THEIR POTENTIAL SO THAT THEY MIGHT ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST FORM OF CONTENTEDNESS POSSIBLE. YES, THIS SEEMS APPROPRIATE.

Like you could defeat despair so easily, just look at this thread,
Fucking missed you
Thanks user,got quite feely

UTOPIA user.

Finally you're back. I agree. Hope and Despair are complete bullshit.

someone just needs to make a game and there's 5-6 people willing to play by my count

IT'S QUITE CLEAR TO ME THAT DESPAIR WAS ONLY POSSIBLE BECAUSE A PLACE LIKE HOPE'S PEAK EXISTED. IT NURTURED THE VERY SEEDS OF RESENTMENT AND BITTERNESS THAT LET DESPAIR GROW. THE PARADE WAS BORN FROM SUCH FEELINGS. THE WORLD AT LARGE WAS PRIMED FOR THIS TRAGEDY.

>Nidai senpai of all people surrendering to Utopia

Utopia user is truly dangerous. He's making people give up on hope and despair. Don't you get it? Despair is all that matters.....

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.
Thank you Nidai, I hope we have the chance to go at it again one day.
Hiyoko

>Monaca
>Hiyoko

Absolutely based taste

It would seem some of you are beginning to see the true nature of this world we live in. This world of hypocrisy and false peace. A world that has no end in sight for the battle between hope and despair. Is this a world you and your future families would want to live in? Why be selfish and ruin their bright futures by not giving them the maximum enjoyment and fulfillment of living their lives to the fullest instead of needlessly sacrificing their young lives before they even reach their twenties over a truly ridiculous war of beliefs?

It's the actions from individuals like Jin Kirigiri, Hope's Peak staff, Junko Enoshima and even Makoto Naegi is why the world is at the brink of total destruction. It's time to completely cleanse this evil world and move on to the next world where love and peace will reign. Our loved ones who were lost to us in this world will be with us in the next.

Under one mind and belief. No Hope or Despair.

This is the beauty of Utopia and the world I aim to achieve. I will save humanity. I will make sure smiles return in the face of the people. True happiness awaits in Utopia.

I BELIEVE IN THE SPIRIT OF COMPETITION- THAT IS TO SAY THAT I BELIEVE COMPETITION IS A GOOD THING FOR NURTURING THE GROWTH OF AN ATHLETE. BUT WHEN YOUR MOTIVATION FOR COMPETITION IS BORN FROM SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE LOVE FOR THE COMPETITION ITSELF, YOU ARE USING THE SPORT AS A MEANS TO AN END.

I BELIEVE THAT THE TRUEST FORM OF ATHLETICISM IS BORN FROM PASSION. TO SEE TWO ATHLETES COMPETE PURELY FOR THE SAKE OF IMPROVING AND MASTERING THEIR TECHNIQUE IS WHAT THE SPIRIT OF COMPETITION IS ALL ABOUT.

WINNING AND LOSING IS BUT A SIDE EFFECT OF THE PURSUIT OF MASTERY. PRIDE IS A WONDERFUL MOTIVATION, BUT IT IS ALSO A VICE. TO BE ABLE TO LOSE OR WIN WITH DIGNITY AND CONTENTEDNESS IS SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE FORSAKEN.

THE ANCIENT GREEKS PURSUED MASTERY OF THINGS IN HOPES OF REACHING THE PINNACLE OF THE FORMS.

TECHNE, THE TECHNIQUE, AND ARETE, THE EFFORT, ARE TWO COMPONENTS OF THIS PURSUIT. ONLY BY MAKING THE MOST OF BOTH CAN AN ATHLETE REACH THE PINNACLE OF PERFORMANCE.

FOR THIS REASON, I VALUE PASSION AS A MOTIVATION FOR IMPROVEMENT ABOVE ALL OTHER MOTIVES. THIS IS THE MOST PURE OF INTENTIONS, AND TO BE ABLE TO PURSUE IT WITHOUT FALLING INTO THE TRAP OF DESPAIR WHEN YOU FALL SHORT OR TO LOSE YOUR PASSION ONCE YOU REACH THE PEAK IS THE TRUE MEANING OF HAPPINESS.

The worst thing that can happen to DR3 is a Funimation dub.

>tfw I want to be the voice of Nidai but it won't happen
>even if it does, Funimation will just fill my world with meme despair

INDEPENDENT DUB, IT IS!!

Well shoot, I forgot to ask you all earlier. What would you like to see in the pastebin?

Of course I'll have theories on dr3 and such, but anything specific that you'd like? This is obviously for fun, but I want to at least do some stuff based off what ya'll would like. I'm not really focusing on the upcoming animes because I'm not really as "creative" as I am regarding the game. I'll have everything posted in the afternoon and I look forward to opening up /drg/ minds

Utopia user is the hero we deserve. If we keep listening to Makoto's "Hope will reign over all!!" bullshit, we will be losing more lives in years to come. Makoto's hope couldn't get through to the DR survivors shows he doesn't speak for us. We need a means to an end. Not just continue hoping for one.

I want my Ishimaru, Mondo and Chihiro back