>Wiki
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_(2016)

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=ybo30QlSk64

>Thread Theme - E1M1
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4Nel-aHZM

>Tip of the Day
Dumb your snapmap down for consoles if you want recognition

Last time I'm making one of these, mostly because I'm pulling my hair out over how terrible people are at this game. Out of fifty people who have played my map, only three beside myself have beaten it, and no one but me on actual nightmare mode. I haven't recieved any negative remarks, but seeing as how over half the 100 hour build-time was spent in the last two rooms that only three people have seen, I've decided to work on one last rebalance.
So please, tell me where the difficulty is coming from so I can accurately balance it instead of just giving infinite lives.

NX56VD8L

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f3UpX1CMEMQ
moddb.com/games/doom-4/downloads/doom-resources-explorer-v04
youtube.com/watch?v=NOIkcfUW4NY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why is is so dead?

a moment for the fallen

maybe the reason no one beats your map is because its bad?

Jesus christ how horrifying
Also I beat the game today on Ultra Violence
Shit is fuckin ace, I love the boss fights near the end
On nightmare mode and good lord everything fucking hurts. Do explosive barrels have a bigger radius this time around when they explode?

How long did it take?

now that's an agitated skeleton

Lets see...last time I checked it was 11 hours put into the game
Yeah it's relatively short but there some secrets that I still need to find, all the upgrades and rune trials
And of course the classic doom levels

its a testament to John Romero's design skill that these levels still work

there is something meta about turning doomguy into the legend he is to his fans

This game deserved to sell better than it did.

Is there waifus in this game?

Twelve days to go.

If they don't do something about the multiplayer, the game's going to be in serious trouble.

there's still time to improve sales. but they gotta do something either june 12 or quakecon, otherwise the only people left will jump to the newest call of duty come november

What do most people feel is wrong with it?

check the /aco/ thread

snap map is not a replacement for mod tools, multi is meh, not bad but could be so much more, my only complaint about the single player is that there isn't more of it

ded

/aco/ threads are jumpin.

>You know what we should do with this thing, Jim?
>What Bob?
>We should strap rocket launchers to it.

The scientists getting turned into zombies at the UAC was the best thing to happen to mankind. These people are fucking nuts.

they made the classic mistake of entering mass production without working out how to control them, lots of it can be seen as them thinking they are exploiting hell when clearly hell is manipulating them into making better troops for them

>lots of it can be seen as them thinking they are exploiting hell
the lazarus project (under Olivia Pierce) people know the score and know they're working directly for hell. You have to be well indoctrinated to work in that division.

I just finished this map, and I must say it's pretty damn good. Took me about 35 minutes.

Went straight into hardmode and got my shit slapped at the red key because I ran out of ammo.

After that I played it in on normal and it was much more enjoyable.

I was ready to assume that from the start, but literally everyone so far has told me it's great, they just have a hard time beating it.

Nightmare button gives you ammo dispenser equipment, it's literally impossible to run out of ammo. Thank you for beating it though. If I had to make it easier, what would you suggest?

>Nightmare button gives you ammo dispenser equipment
Ooooh.

Leave Normal difficulty as it is, it's challenging without entering bullshit territory.

As far as Nightmare goes, I didn't enjoy it just as much because of how bulletspongey enemies are. Also the AI starts leading projectiles like crazy, I even saw a Baron throwing a fireball from his fucking ass. Not like this is a bad thing, but the rooms are too small to dodge them properly.

I'll give it another go sometime but I still feel Nightmare will encourage cheesing, like shooting enemies through doors, etc. A good way to balance that would be increasing the amount of enemies instead of giving them more health. But as we all know, Snapmap is shit, and the current Nightmare mode is probably the next best thing.

Is there a crack yet? Downloaded the game off of Skidrow but I've been waiting for a crack ever since.

Don't let it go

bamp

where is the crack already?

>Doomguys armor is supposedly ancient and crafted by a traitorous demon
>Still has warnings and labels in English on it

What does it mean?

Vega has a great voice. Samual sounds too much like Peter Cullen, it must have been intentional.

Hellguards are a great fight, holy fuck that phase 2(3?)

Cyberdemon's second phase was pretty good too, I went from ''is that it?'' to ''Oh fuck, I wish I didn't waste all my BFG ammo''

time travel

>current Nightmare mode is probably the next best thing
No, it's entirely possible to increase spawn amount based on a specific trigger, I'm currently doing it for a co-op friendly multi-boss map I'm working on. The only trouble is the map needs to be started with that functionality in mind, the nightmare button was an afterthought after I had nerfed everything but still wanted the original challenge for myself and any other masochists out there.

Currently 50 hours into my new map and already know it's going to have to be done in 2 parts. My first map was focused around close-quarters combat, but I want this one to be long range engagements, dodging lasers and rockets from 10 directions while popping razors like zits with your gauss cannon. Trouble is, huge rooms eat up a LOT of map %. Thanks, consoles.

LOUD NOISES

Hmm... That's, familiar...

TELL ME ABOUT THE HOODED MAN, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE ROBES?!

Also anyone tried putting in the codes that show up in all the database entries into Snapmap? They're obviously Snapmap codes so I wonder what kind of levels they lead to.

>having a set number of lives

Probably the problem.

You're crazy

the entire marketing team should be fired, i almost didn't buy it because of how shitty the trailers were, and also whoever decided to make a season pass for multi that nobody wanted instead of expanding the singleplayer

Did the Revenant howl they used in all the early trailers even make it into the final game? You know the one.
youtube.com/watch?v=f3UpX1CMEMQ

I liked the way it sort of sounded like the classic Rev wakeup noise.

Its elf Corvus from Heretic.

When the fuck are they going to sell these irl?

>play too much DOOM start thinking about the rest of the week
>actually start masturbating to HDoom
What is happening

so revenants aren't even from hell?

That's the nature of obsession, just embrace it

any other snapmaps?

shoot the red spot with a rocket

As one of the few people to have seen your entire map (albeit in an older version, but still) the issue isnt necessarily that any one room is overly difficult its that all it takes is one wrong move and youre dead or crippled (which is fairly accurate to these kinds of shooters). Ive had runs where I didnt get hit room after room and then suddenly I make a bad jump or something and Im in a corner getting mauled. Also, maybe I just never noticed it in SP but Mancubi and Cacodemons seem extremely accurate and harder to avoid on your map. Even while jumping around Ive had both hit me mid air and I dont understand why. Never had issue with avoiding their shots except on your map.

Honestly, I think your map and all of its encounters are balanced in such a way to be 'difficult but fair' and if youre looking for a way to make it easier Id add a life or two before setting it to infinite lives.

What doom 3 monsters do you miss most?

This.
The biggest issue is that it's long and I'll make one mistake. Usually it's something stupid too like backing myself into a corner and getting rekt by a hell knight.

What are some fun snapmaps?

Avatar of sin for starters, some of the old map remakes are solid too, sadly I don't know more

Quick question: Would the tools of Snapmap allow me to make my own Rune Trials? I have a lot of ideas for them. Here's three:

>"Floor is Lava" map where you have to jump always or take damage
>Map that is a series of corridors with a wall of fire slowly moving towards you from one end, have to kill enemies to unlock doors
>Map where your weapons auto-switch ever 5 seconds and you have to work with what you get.

I'm still waiting to see what 3A puts out for their DoomGuy figure.

So is Doom 4 a canonical sequel to Doom 64?

SnapMap doesn't allow moving things ... yet, but always jumping and shit works, I even made a DM map with that concept called "Jump for Joy"

moddb.com/games/doom-4/downloads/doom-resources-explorer-v04

Has anyone attempted to rip textures using this?

Is this just a demonic meme arrow? I mean, they're both green

>

>Classic DOOM guide
>No Brutal Doom
I think it deserves a mention.
They've even done a starter pack pre-configured with GZDoom, freedoom.wad, and a new series of levels (Hell on Earth Starter Pack)

>Season Pass is all Multiplayer
That's disappointing.
I would have liked maybe some survival arenas a la Clash in the Clouds or some new content for SnapMap.

That could still fall under "Multiplayer".
New content for snapmap is coming for free apparently.

the pint of that image is to recommend stuff you haven't heard of

the same goes with the infographics from /mu/. what's the point of including the Big Four of thrash metal when everyone has heard of them already?

You know, getting the Rich get Richer rune really made me go apeshit with the chaingun, especially with the fully upgraded turret mod.

Makes me ask, what's your favorite weapon, favorite mod to go with it if applicable?

everyone already knows about brutal doom

literally
e v e r y o n e

Super shotgun goes in all fields.

your hands are demons

wat?

Why are you people supporting this satanic filth?
youtube.com/watch?v=NOIkcfUW4NY

Go play some good honest Christian games instead.

yes

is this game good?

As much as I love both shotguns the rawket lawnchair was my constant companion and go-to for when I wanted something dead yesterday.

One of the best shooters in years. And that goes for singleplayer. Multiplayer is good but not great, and SnapMap is fun ... if the devs update it and take off many of the limitations

No, it's shit if you aren't a casual that works for polygon

but you're probably shit, so enjoy your shit game

You know how shitty that must be? All those security guards that people take with them to hell and all the technicians and shit just get fucking left there when they grab the stuff they were sent for.

>Giving so many fucks about the story
Why dont you go clean your vagina

You mean Ken Levine's Mars Hour? Why are you talking about that pussy ass gamÄ™ in THE DOOM THREAD

Do we even get anything special out of pre-ordering the Season pass? or was that just for pre-ordering the main game?

Revenants were once humans. No different than you or I.

>This doom game
Too obvious a troll
Even if hes serious, its a game about getting rid of hell, two shells at a time, so it is a good christian game

Map is going to be a little more story oriented than Avatar of Sin was. The idea is with argent energy gone, the demons that remained on earth are being captured and harvested like batteries, and you need to kick in and pull the plug. Instead of lots of small encounters I'm peppering it up with a large amount of boss fights. You get to decide which of the two paths you take, I've finished the first, pretty straight-up fight against a cyber-mancubus, but you're both stuck on opposite platforms with no cover, meaning you need to dodge your ass off. This fight happens twice, once for each platform in the room, thats the two orange circles.
The next room has three revenant bosses, the first two fight you immediately, and after they reach a % of health they retreat to cell to slowly heal while the other goes into Hunt mode and climb mercilessly up your ass. Haven't thought of a great way to get them to stop healing and rejoin fight, right now I just have it on being shot which is simple but effective. After they both heal once a third appears on the high platform in defense mode, and on damage will teleport somewhere else, making him just an unkillable pest until the first two are dead, when he then splits into several versions with 1hp that teleport around the room, each of which when killed damages him until he's dead and the fight is over.
Still working on the details of the last fight in this chamber set, but I know I want it to be based around a Pinky...

I also have very simple blueprints for the part2 finale in the actual core. I've painstakingly recreated a Pain Elemental for one, and an Arch-Vile for the other. Part one should be finished and ready for play by the end of the week.

You give me a lot of hope for snapmaps.

just the main game

>Arch-Vile
Explain

Using teamswapping and pathpoints I can periodically get any enemy to actively avoid or retreat from the player, during which phase he will "revive" demons by just resummoning them, and while in sight of player trigger a flamejet under them that will end in a 40 damage barrel explosion if line of sight isn't broken.

and the Pain Elemental

just from curiosity

snap maps should be able to let you recolor monsters for things like this

if only we could have an update or two, god damnit devs tease us something

Recoloring enemies should be doable. Send them a tweet :^)

I have an idea for Snapmap but I don't want to spend hours learning it only to find out I can't do it. Would this be possible:

Map would be called "Crank it Up." Basically it would be a tightly controlled series of rooms and sections with interesting battle setups, then when you finish it, it loops back on itself, starting with a bonus "tweak" room. You have to raise the difficulty in some way. You can choose to make enemies hit harder, spawn extra ones, make them give less health drops, etc. However if you find an orb that spawns randomly within the levels, you also get to give yourself a bonus such as extra max health or a new weapon. It's basically a constant series of pseudo NG+ runs that get harder and harder as you see how many runs you can do before dying.

Which boss fight was better? Cyberdemon or Spidermastermind?

FYI changing the rendering mode to Gritty makes the game really fucking pretty.

That one I'm actually super proud of, don't want to reveal it just yet. I've been messing around a lot with AI proxies and teleporter logic, and found so many fun things to do with it.

Would be really simple to do actually, in a number of different ways. You'd need to start by setting up the basic map, and the basic settings.

Then make new logic sets for each way you can think of to crank the intensity to be activated by the player. For example, AI Proxy -> On Spawn -> Test Gate -> XOR -> Buff Health -> AI Proxy. Gate starts XX, let the switch change A to true, tada, now every time an enemy spawns it buffs that enemies health.

You can have multiple AI Proxy logic loops active at once so there's no worry about overlap there, but changes to item settings and score would be trickier, as any time one is activated it deactivates the current one in use.

Making multiple spawns possible would also be easy. Attach the button/trigger for that setting to be a Boolean, then you can either place extra spawns around the map that only spawn if that boolean is true, or you can set a few existing instances to -> On Encounter Finished -> Test Boolean -> If True -> Test Gate -> XX -> Spawn Encounter. Also set that XX result to also Set A on the gate to true, that way it only runs once, and now that enemy group will respawn once.

>There are people who don't use Gritty
Unimaginable

What's the difference?

Cleaner, sharper, brighter. Pretty much gets red of all the red tint in favour of colour saturation.

>low settings
I'm amazed I get 40-50 on a 560. I've had stupidly good mileage out of this card.

Zoom in on
The effect adds a light, gritty grain texture overlay, which cleans sharp edges on everything in a way that brings depth, and it also has the same effect as Clear Action on some new 4k televisions.

doom crack when?