>Season Ticket 2016 (Fantasy League)
smite.gamepedia.com/Season_Ticket_2016

>Get Curse Voice Apollo & Curse Agni playing with Curse Voice
curse.com/games/smite

>FAQ for all game-related questions
pastebin.com/M4TZPpe8

>/smgen/ Discord
discord.gg/0sWDnznwq6C7w9bW

>The SMITE clans are SmGen (NA) and GenSm (EU), leaders are SethPhalange and HardyMcWilly respectively.
Post your name in the thread or send an invite to one of the leaders.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ScottGandhi/status/735122223246237696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stupid shitlord

According to last thread, ~30% of smgen mostly play Conquest, while a whopping ~70% mostly play the other modes.
What's worst is that 20% of you are Arenababbies

How horrible

I'll play conquest when it's not fucking shit.

Any Paladins players on tonight? Chest gave me the Winter skin for Grover. Any advice on how to play the mount of my favorite Smite guardian? Or how to unleash the melee beast?

this t.b.h

just here for the eventual scyllz futa

Kekekekekkek
Look at this buttmad shitkid
Go back to Wow blizzbaby
Agoo goo gah gah

how can i improve my meme build (apollo)

I cant get a full group of similar skilled players on ps4 most of the time.

I mostly play joust though, arena for quick favor if i need it because games are usually faster.

Conquest is GOAT when I can get a team though.

Imagine being Adanas on that caster desk and having to be all like "damn, Xbone players, you playin fuckin' fine, all skilled with your sick reflexes and horrific retarded input method.
I would totally play the game with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is cast another panthera game.
Like seriously imagine having to be Adanas and not only sit in that chair while Xbone players miss their abilities right in front of you, the favorable spectator mode barely concealing their lack of skill, and just sit there, game after game, hour after hour, while they perfected that game. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking picks but their haughty attitude as everyone on twitch chat tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, CONSOLE PROS PLAY LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their absolute shit picks turn into strategies you didn't even know existed before that day.
You've been casting nothing but a healthy diet of Panthera and Eager and later alleged Adderall users for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Atlanta.
You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their disgusting gamepads as they fondle their sticks around suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in their "skilled pro (for that is what they call themself)" gameplay, the skill they worked so hard for with personal PC coaches over the previous months.
And then Erez calls for another game, and you know you could 1v1 every single person in this room before the Titan could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Adanas. You're not going to lose your future esports career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Trade O-bow for Bloodforge and get Ninja tabi later in the game.

>queue for conquest
>retards fight over who gets to have the red buff
>two people in solo
>fenrir in mid
>zeus adc
>get blamed for everyone's mental issues
>ask clan to have some games
>"lol no we'd better stay tabbed out and shitpost all day"

Is my shitty OC welcome?

Should be Apollo or Bellona, they seem to have the most 'toxic' fanbase.

>implying nemesis/aphro players aren't the worst

>not Loki, Thanatos, Xballer

Can we get a tldr?

tldr: pasta.

why isn't this general alive as Dota 2 general?

Dead game. Incoming "We're playing the game" memepost

We're playing the game

Thanks user, you're doing gods work

mage niggers everyone
>doesnt counterbuild
>poly early
>match is 20 mins in and just starts building thoth
>3 fucking assassins all phys but ill just bitch all match
>FUCKING ULTS THEIR BRUISER THE ENTIRE MATCH
>BITCHES I DIDNT PEEL THREE ASSASSINS WHEN HE JUST LET THEM WALTZ UP TO HIM ALL ALONE

I know right
I just played with an Ah Puch who had shit like Thoth and spear of magus and tried to tell me he was the tank when he had the worst k/d ratio

>BITCHES I DIDNT PEEL THREE ASSASSINS WHEN HE JUST LET THEM WALTZ UP TO HIM ALL ALONE
What did he mean by this?

I exclusively play support r@

I exclusively play adc thana

because hirez fucked up insanely bad.

how?

Dunno if this was posted last thread but new Jing card

Poor decision making

Like how they're going to buff Susano even more next patch?

Why did nobody tell me how fun anubis is?

because he's not

Oh yeah what is a god or two you consider fun? Odin?

If only balance issues were their main issue. Smite would be in a better place probably.

Not him but I think Odin is pretty fun, in fact I like all the Norse gods except Sol and Tyr.

Anubis is cool too, literally the definition of faceroll though.

I mean his ult is cool (and leads to lots of meme combos and synergy) but he plays so boring, raven shield jump in raven shield jump in
Anubis's combo is derpy but at least he has a sick slow clear and his wraps

What are their main issues?

>have good game as guardian
>team is having fun
>opponents having fun
>game was filled with banter
>top 5 funnest match i've ever played
>queue next game
>enter r@ and LEROY medusa
>my carry keeps being over aggressive and dying
>currently 15-37 and am afk cause these fucks lost the all t1s by 15 mins and dont wanna surrender
welp, this sums up smite

THEY KILLED TRIBES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'd say #1 is that they undervalue Smite as an e-sport. Or Smite being a competitive game in general. The top games(LoL, Dota, CS:GO, HS, and now OW) all have one thing in common, and that is they don't divide their playerbase. Smite made the mistake of trying to 'branch out', rather than build on the e-sports scene, which is the only thing keeping big multiplayer games alive these days.

I know you're thinking "b-but they do care about e-sports! It's casted all the time! s-spl!", Smite's e-sports has had almost zero growth since S1 worlds. and that's entirely due to how hirez presents this game, as players aren't looking to play competitively at all. and the ones that do are rewarded with shit matchmaking and questionable balance. Ranked in a joke, Matchmaking is joke, really Conquest is a joke in general. but we have no shortage of events, extra modes, and skins to keep people entertained. Smite's business model right now is short term profit gain. Profiles and scraping blocked so the only thing we have to go on about player stats s is Smite Guru's infamously inaccurate guruscore. All because of 'muh feelings' from casual players- if you believe that.
I'm actually convinced they're trying to stray away from e-sports now, and wouldn't be surprised if this years prize pool is even less than last year.

The PS4 and xbox integration did absolutely nothing for this game other than let hirez say "hey guys we got 2000mill accounts worldwide sn't that great !!!". It was nothing but a short-term profit gain. The tournaments for consoles are a joke as we've seen(letting PC players with years of experience hop in for free cash gee who saw that coming). Smite on consoles won't be around next year lol.

Just bad decision making- which is really odd seeing that Riot has literally paved the way. All hirez had to do was follow Riot's example and Smite would be in a better place. (Not saying LoL is a better game, I mean how Riot handled their shit.)

To sum it up, casuals are killing this game, and hirez is feeding them steroids.

It's literally been on consoles for a couple months, it takes time for communities to git gud.

So you think hirez should have banned people who played competitively on PC to enter the console league?

I mean it sounds pretty hand holdy, so hirez would probably be okay with it, but it seems to me they vastly overestimated how "difficult" using a pad is.

>Conquest is a joke in general

What's so bad about it beside speed buff ?

But so does Overwatch and it succeed for now.

That wasn't the point.
Absolutely, what kind of question is that? You have fucking people who've been playing the game competitively for years, and you let them into a tournament for people who haven't even had it a year yet? What kind of shit is that? Fuck the controller, they have years of experience with the game, the controller is irrelevant.
Who ever OK'd that should be shot.

thanatos players are bros at higher level of play.

>Creating that sweet early pressure
>Always clutch ultimates in the midst of a teamfight to turn it in your favour
>Building tanky and soaking up that damage for you
>Never misses Death Scythe>
>recognizes the importance of positioning on a relatively immobile short range character
>spams VVA, VVX and VEW+VVY because it's just so funny and brings up team morale
>baller diamond skin

where the fuck are my thanabros at??????

The entire pace of conquest could be improved by having the minions reach lane before jungle camps spawn and making jungle camps stronger.

As for listing exactly what's bad for it, I don't feel like typing all that shit out, but camp sharing could be solved by making Bumba's passive not promote camp sharing in the first place. Make the jungle too difficult to farm if you don't have bumbas in the first place.

Hirez could learn a lot from LoL's jungle.

>Hirez could learn a lot from LoL's jungle.

I would rather they learn from DoTA jungle, making the jungler role not mandatory and allowing it to loosen up the meta by having more than one team comp available. I know I'm in the minority here but I actually liked how it was before speed buff came back and it should have lasted longer to have the meta change according to it. I also think the jungler should be wider so you have to commit more to ganks, kills should also be worth more to compensate and encourage aggression, the recent change to the jungle had the neat effect of promoting invade and made it viable even though it didn't seem to be what Hirez aimed for.

I also think there should be some buffer structures between the phoenixes and the titans, drawing minions aggro but ignorable by the player to buy a bit of time and allow some counterplay since Fire giant buff is way too good to close the game.

>I actually liked how it was before speed buff came back and it should have lasted longer to have the meta change according to it.

Elaborate on what you mean here, because the pros have been doing the exact same meta for about 6~ months now with very slight changes. And with the speed buff, the meta hasn't really changed much, unless I'm missing something. These last weeks pro games looked the same to me as months ago.

>I also think the jungler should be wider so you have to commit more to ganks, kills should also be worth more to compensate and encourage aggression
I agree with this. Gold rewards used to be higher, but they nerfed it to what it is now all because of one god. Thor.

>buffer structures between the phoenixes and the titans
They just need to increase Phoenix health and damage, and have phoenixes respawn with full hp.

Just realized you were probably talking about the fact junglers go into solo lane now. That's been done before, and imo isn't a step up from the previous jungle meta.

>Elaborate on what you mean here,

Spending less time farming the jungle and more contesting/leeching in lanes, probably could have more drafting changes if we had more time, like having less carry oriented in the Jungle, probably some lane changes.

>And with the speed buff, the meta hasn't really changed much, unless I'm missing something.

Well now Nemesis is Viable again :^) but what changed the most is how punishing invades are and you see people invading much more to steal buffs with the XP changes that were introduced along with speed buff being back. It's quite noticeable in the EU pro scene where such invades were almost non existent early-midgame.

>Just realized you were probably talking about the fact junglers go into solo lane now.

I don't really care about this, they only stay there early and it doesn't really change much whether or not they help the solo lane.

While I'm all for a more aggressive meta, the jungle is flawed currently because of how punishing it is for the jungler if they don't soak a lane. Every single camp is forced to be split(except for the fire elementals I guess). It really shouldn't be this way. If a jungler want's to farm they should be able to. Right now you have no choice but to soak a lane. Again, I have no issue with an aggressive meta, but it should be a choice how the jungler wants to play it out.

Make minions reach lane before camps spawn, make camps harder, make sharing xp less effective for monsters, and make bumbas give the jungler increased benefits only if they're solo.
This not only makes the game flow a lot smoother, but it means junglers get to control the jungle. Which is how it should be. Invading will be more focused on the jungler, as will ganks. Again, how it should be.
Rotating with my mid laner all game is a lot less fun to me, regardless of how aggressive it makes the meta. It makes the game feel static, and has drastically reduced the viable jungle pool as a result, because if you can't 2v2 as well as Thor in this meta, you're worthless.

Is Smite ded?

It die every months since 2012.

How do we make odysseus bow not garbage?

How many times have you fapped to me lusty boys ?

Go away Aphrodite. I'd probably get an std from fapping to one of your pics.

Hey guys, any Paladins advice? I want to be the very best, like no-one ever was with Grover.

Ambush people
Only use your vine to catch up to who are using their F
Force lone wolfs to retreat
Play a better champion

But my only skin is for him.

She is a goddess she can't have STD

[citation needed]

>arena for quick favor
For what?

probably recolors so he doesn't get them in jew chest

What's wrong with default skin?

Why is Susano so fun?

Because peope want to be snowflakes.

>>match is 20 mins in and just starts building thoth
Thoth last item is not a stupid idea, it gives base 100 power plus power from your mana, the stacks total like 30 extra power which is not much, so yeah, its like trans last item, not conventional , not a good idea but not bad by any means.

Because he isn't.

He's one of the most boring gods to play.

Which boots for which class?
I always go with ninja tabi for warrior gods like chaac, but people complain that warrior tabi is better.
Can someone explain the reason?

>I always go with ninja tabi for warrior gods like chaac, but people complain that warrior tabi is better.
Chaac is not an AA god first, he relies on his abilities to do most of his damage and clear lane.
So warrior tabi is better for that.

Same with most if not all warriors, even Bellona and Ravana are better with warrior tabi.

>Chaac is not an AA god
His overflow ability utilize AA.
With ninja tabi I get more attack speed to fill his overflow meter quicker and use ability with no mana cost.

unless you are not building breastplate of valor second item(which you should being a warrior on the solo lane) and not getting your blue buff chaac has literally 0 mana problems, stop being retarded, sacrificing damage for an insignificant amount of attack speed to fill your passive is meaningless.

Stop.

Do you also build attack speed on Agni, Nu Wa or Sylvanus?

Patch note when?

No, just chaac.
>passive is meaningless
That's why conquest is shit.

this should be updated
magi lost the mana and focus got it
also shoes of focus lost 5% CD

I think the sports guy will be pleased this patch

I hope you're all ready for more skin events ;)

twitter.com/ScottGandhi/status/735122223246237696

I exclusively play mid khepri

>Playing ranked conquest
>Faggot leaves game within first 6 minutes
>Jungler doesn't get bumba's mask until after he's died 3 times
>Smarmy enemy Ao Kuang player says d/c was best player on our team
>Next game
>Face him again
>My team wins in 22 minutes, my KDA is 8.50 with 15k damage and 4.5k tower damage

TALK SHIT GET HIT

jesus fucking christ smite feels like a goddamn cash grab game nowadays.

they should fix the servers, matchmaking and balance before making more and more and more skins.

graphically the game looks old and updated already.

>updated
outdated i'm a fucking retard.

The skin sales are beginning to feel a bit excessive at this point. If they start a single/double paid event each month, well I've not paid a dime of my own money and can leave without any real issues. Say no to the Juden and their greed.

Again ? We had the escape the underworld not too long ago,we just got the viking event, and after the summer of smite we will get the odyssey. They should really slow down with the events or make more free one like the 10 millionth player celebration.

All MMO, especially the F2P one, has average graphics because you need to have the larger playerbase possible and for that your game must run on toaster.

After Underworld I decided to save for Summer and Odyssey events. Now if I have a slightest doubt abut Summer event I'm going to skip it since you never know if there will me "September" event with skins I'll like more.
HiRez pretty much lost me as a client unless they can really impress me

Ohh hi guise!

>Tfw Paladins looks better than Smite

;_;

>not being able to win sooner
Kek he was right, that DC was the best player both games

>TALK SHIT GET HIT
What race are you?

Yes, I'm willing to spend money on smite but this is just too much.This year we got the ned of the 2016 odyssey and the Rising Dawn event in January,the season ticket in march, Escape from the underworld in April,the Viking Invasion in may, we will get the summer of smite probably in july and the odyssey in august/september.

If they don't make the skins timed exclusives they won't make any money!!!1

Don't worry, they'll just make a recolor of it and give it away for free in the future.