/twg/ - Total War General

Leopold's Leopard Company edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691774347&searchtext=
youtube.com/watch?v=k8mhlOzHOY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I for trve roman bread for trve romans

1st for gobboz campaign

Rollan!

>tfw 1hp left

roll

>nobody is realising this is a game based on goddamn Warhammer
>autists trying to treat it as a sequel to attila of rome

What in the everliving fuck.

Just enjoy, it's goddamn Warhammer.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game and I don't think any TW has hooked me this hard before, but goddamn if we don't need more factions already.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>all the non primary LL's are shit save for Kholek

Why CA

NEEDS MOAR SKARSNIK!!!
LITTLE WAAAGH!!!

>There are literal retards in this thread who think Goblin Wolf Riders are shit

Empire on legendary requires that you get lucky, there's little skill involved.

You have to hope that your constant bribing of everyone around you to avoid war doesn't drain your economy to the extent that you can't build up your economy and get better units by turn 60 when chaos sends its 8 stacks.

Legendary is ultimately a waste of time because the morale bonuses the AI gets makes it so you will almost always have better results by simply autoresolving. I got 50 something turns into an Empire legendary campaign, had to savescum a ton but I owned all of Brettonia. Then chaos invasion began and with rank 20 Karl Franz and an army of silver/gold crossbow men and swordsmen was getting decisive victories on every battle I autoresolved.

I ended up quitting that campaign because it was clear legendary difficulty is more akin to Grand strategy than total war.

I know what you mean, I went super neet this week and finished every campaign, and did the Empire one twice

I want Bretonnia already dammit

They're like, the fastest cav in the game with vanguard deployment, don't know why they would

You're playing wrong

Declare war on Chaos at turn 1, initiate diplomacy turn 2. Immediately start raising another army once you take your province to go attack Chaos.

You'll be able to get lots more factions on side.

>no night gobbos

Where's your fanaticism?

>legendary requires that you get lucky

First Total War? That's how legendary has always been

Is there any cavalry faster than them? I swear they're the best unit in the game to chase after routers or skirmishers. And they're so fucking cheap.

You can edit the auto-resolve difficulty in
>AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer\scripts

post yfw

>messenger arrive to Altdorf with grave new
>Helmgart has been taken by our ennemies
>messenger tries to explain to you that an old man killed the whole garrisons of 150 fine soldiers

>worry.jpg

>finally finish waging war against every greenskin fucking shit
>Destroyed them all
>Cutscene shows Archaon and a lord of change, ready to wage war against me

Bring it you chaos fucks
I'll destroy you all.

LIKELY 3RD LEGENDARY LORD CANDIDATES (for a mix of reasons having stemming from gameplay mechanics, lore, and adherence to the TT) FOR ALL FACTIONS IN-GAME:

Bretonnia:
>Louen Leoncoeur
>Morgiana Le Fay
>The Green Knight

Empire
>Kurt Helborg or Volkmar the Grim

Greenskins
>Wurrzag Ud Ura Zahubu

Dwarfs
>Thorek Ironbrow

Vampire Counts
>Krell or the Red Duke

Hey KID why dont you understand KID that KIDS like you are ruining Total War with your KID interest. Fantasy is for KIDS unlike History which is for ADULTS like me.

Kid

DOGS OF WAR FUCKING WHEN REEEEE

Tell me bout Wurrzag, why does he wear da mask?

>Green Knight

Eh, problably not.

whoops wrong image.

anyone know how to catch the fucks that keep running away when you pursue them in the campaign map? it's so frustating, my army keep chasing the running tribe armies and they raze my province while running

SUMMON THE ORC WARBOSSES

Bravado aside though how do I deal with Chaos as dwarves? Longbeards, quarrelers, and grudge throwers were what I threw against Orcs over and over and with good success. Chaos I imagine won't be as easy to fuck up. Thankfully I never pissed off undead or empire so they have to at least fight through them first.

Rolling

We's GOBBOS!

Even Batman can't take on 150 armed and trained men. Debate settled.

Agents with block army, having allies that will chase after them, cornering them with a second stack coming from the opposite direction, baiting them into occupying an unprotected settlement and then fucking them up.

Calard of Garamont only exists within his own series and a small token mention in the End Times.

He would be better fit in a smaller DLC pack that added heroes from the Black Library like Gotrek & Felix.

Bretonnia doesn't really have any other named heroes. Mallobaude would never lead the Bretonnian army and would sooner see Bretonnia burned to the ground.

The Green Knight can be used in the TT and has been shown in the canon to lead the armies of Bretonnia when times are dire.

I think his inclusion is more plausible than you may think.

get ready to be fucked by Chaos Knights / Chariots / Poison warhounds

and Ungrim, with some investment in combat, can rip the everchosen a new one

I havent gotten Ungrim yet, mostly because I haven't wanted to war against other dorfs. I guess I should go confederate or war up against them.

>Legions of Skellies marching in lockstep
>Chariots skirting round the enemies flanks
>Sky filled with arrows and reanimated carrion birds
>btfo Vampire shits with based Khalida
>btfo Everyone else as High King "I do not serve, I rule" Settra
>Wrecking enemy lines with Sphinxes, Living Statues, Giant Scorpions, Giant Skellies and Snake Cavalry
>Liche Priests using TombKek Magic and Necrotechts buffing monsters
>Skull catapults
Can't wait for best Undead desu.
I hope you can deploy monsters underground as well.

Reroll, I'm tired of franzing

basically what said i personally have never had enough trouble with catching people mostly cause they end up running into settlements but you really just have to do what that user said or hope the ai goes full retard and stops cheating and allows you to catch them

Is there anything better then doing quest battles with a full army of over powered troops in late game?

get your lord to solo the army

What the fuck is going on with your unit cards user ?

Time for a new campaign.

Its a mod that adds armored version of state troops, they have slightly better stats still not good enough to go toe to toe with late game chaos units but I like the way they look. Unit sizes are custom.

empires doing quite well

Just get the mod that adds cosmetic armor to state troops, they're good where they are stat wise, but it looks nice

Green Knight and Krell would really fit as legendary upgraded heroes - Wight King and Paladin respectevely, since they don't really lead armies in the game's timeline

>tfw beat every campaign except Empire, beat Vampires twice

Is Empire actually fun? Seems a bit boring to play as the humans.

Did you guys see this?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691774347&searchtext=

Anything with AP. Thunderers would be good if they would actually fire once in a while, so rely on Quarrelers.

Didn't Nagash kick the shit out of the TK and doomed them to undeath?

Not trying to start shit, curious because I rarely ever saw them when I used to play TT and I'm interested in how they would play and how their lore is interesting other than "we wuz kangz n shit"

They're fun if you want a challenge and a great roster

Does anyone else have the problem of their turn time getting ridiculously long at 100+ turns? I've had it in all the Total Wars.

Also this games is jiggling my diddlies. What do people think Skaven is going to be like?

>tfw made Krell myself

Where there's Kemmler, there should be Krell.

wew lad, this looks good

Playing as generic humans is fun though when your fighting not generic humans

OFFICIAL LEGENDARY LORD TIER LIST:

>Fucks up entire units on their own, quite literally Gods amongst men tier
Archaon the Everfailure
Grimgor Ironhide
Karl Franz
Mannfred von Carstein
Kholek Suneater
Ungrim Ironfist

>Decent but you need to occasionally check in on them to make sure they aren't getting swarmed in a battle tier
Azhag the Slaughter (w/ Crown)
Sigvald the Magnificient
Thorgrim Grudgebearer

>Pretty poor as there are heroes, other lords, or other units that can essentially do the same job but better and more specialized tier
Heinrich Kemmler
Balthasar Gelt
Azhag the Slaughterer (without Crown)

Ungrim moved up due to popular demand, there will be no more changes until future patches change the balance.

They basically stopped Nagash and the Vampire shits from destroying the world, getting doomed to undeath was his last fuck you before he went down.

>lose some skeleton warriors, kill some spearmen
>revives as a Terrorgeist

>Heinrich Kemmler

What other shits out regeneration like he does? He regenerates every unit around him just by being in melee combat or casting any spell.

2 things:

1. Any tips for owning partial provinces? For example in R2, why is the boot of Italy pissed because of some Cathago scum on the other side of Sicily? How can I prevent that?

2. I need tips for taking on fliers in WH. None of my reading on classical military strategy covers units that can land behind you.

...Any master necromancer?

I thought warriors of Chaos wasn't a faction until turn 50 or whatever? Can I even see them on the faction panel on turn 1?

>implying the best total war games had legendary difficulty
Neo-/twg/

A terrorgheist is a patchwork made from a bunch of different dead bodies.

Regen is a thing?

AYY LMAO

Master necromancers don't regen everyone by being in melee combat.

Regeneration doesn't revive new skellies, it simply adds a tiny tick of health to the current ones, it is only really helpful on large monsters.

Also, throwing Kemmler into melee is a pain because for all the benefits it gives him, the guy can get killed so damn easily. I love Kemmler in the lore, but he is not the Lichemaster he was meant to be in-game. He is simply a Necromancer Lord with a unique character model.

Nagash got defeated twice by the Nehekharans but the second time he managed to unleash the spell that killed them all and cursed them with undeath before Alcadizaar managed to escape and kill him. If Nagash had finished the ritual the entire world would have died though.

>Balthasar Gelt in poor
>literally the only Lore of Metal wizard Empire gets
>he turns fighting Chaos into less of a nightmare than it should be

>Regeneration doesn't revive new skellies

Yes it does

So is it true that if your Lord dies that the entire army goes with it?

I've been having a lot of fun with Vampire Counts with their relatively simple Hammer and Anvil gameplan.

I think you need to take a good look at the abilities again

I heard somewhere that you aren't allowed to create/import new models for WH.
Is this true? I was hopeful for some kind of improved unit variety mod.

He is nice to have as second lord since he can't die and he is easy to get. But he is shit compared to Franz.

>magic is shit in this game right now
>the lore of metal is one of the weakest lores comparatively right now
>gelt is already weak as fuck
>mfw

The weakest lore is the one with the lighing shit

Declare war on the other Chaos factions

>using Gelt's damaging spells instead of shitting debuffs on everything

Fair point, but he belongs more in the middle section, with Azhag and the boyz

I think that net spell is pretty neat.

>debating the list when the alternative, Mannfred is so much better

Heinrich go to bed, you are drunk again.

>b-but I have unique qualities too!

Okay, Heinrich. Sure thing bud.

For VC? They might last a few seconds before they all start crumbling, its extremely important to keep your lord safe.

Of course, the AI units don't crumble for quite some time when their lord dies. :^) They at least don't share the same crumble rate your units have when your lord dies.

>magic is shit in this game right now

Stop spamming crappy AoE damage spells

>>the lore of metal is one of the weakest lores

>single target spell that decimates lords
>AoE spell that decimates large number/weak units
>one of the best debuffs in the game
user, pls stop

Stop playing on Ultra size. I switched from Large to Medium because I have a mediocre PC, and spells are actually good.

This is a chaos lord with his chariot mount

>all this ad hominem
>all this "us history adults amirite?"

This fanbase needed a purge

CA did the right thing by injecting new blood in this elitistic shithole

>only 2 or so of your 6ish spells are actually worthwhile

Wow, what a great wind of magic!

Fire has a spell that tops every single one of metals in some way, shape, or form.

>because of the text bubble it looks as if the chariot is hooked into the beasts asshole

That's a shame. For all the shitting on Hammer and Anvil in this general, I kind of like how simple their version of Hammer and Anvil really is. It really is nothing more than "tie the enemy up with your skeleton lines, and if the rattling doesn't make them shake in their boots, take your good Cavalry and Monsters and smash the shit out of their backlines."

halp

N-no homo

It's not that it isn't allowed, it's that there's no tool for that available.

>2016
>still not playing shogun 2

youtube.com/watch?v=k8mhlOzHOY4

Proof why Shogun 2 is still the best total war.

That's really the only effective way to play VC at the moment.

No shooting. Magic is mediocre, you want to rely more on buffs and -leadership spells on their units that are getting shaken. No artillery either.

All you can do is mob them with trash units and slam them with your decent cavalry. Your monster units are support units.