Thoughts on the Unabomber and his manifesto?

Thoughts on the Unabomber and his manifesto?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IyrqeTDeeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His motives were fairly understandable. His solution... well...

I've realized he was the good guy all along

long cynical ramblings.

He was legit in that he lived every word he preached, which you can't really say about many people.

>was
He's still alive, user.

Things that we are realizing today have been said for years, just brushed under the table. Timothy McVeigh also had similar motifs regarding their shared thoughts on federal government. Specifically leftist ideology

truuuuue

The most beautiful thing about him was that he criticized other Anarcho-Primitivists for having a too idealistic "noble savage" view and thinking hunter-gatherer societies are some kind of utopia, he BTFO'd them pretty hard in an essay he wrote.
And yet HE was the one who actually lived what he preached while the other an-prims hypocritically enjoy the civilized life while complaining about it.

As for his manifesto, his analysis is always quite astonishing (I especially liked how he BTFO'd leftists with his psycho-analysis desu). His solutions are pretty bizarre of course. For example I can certainly believe that modern life causes an increasing amount of mental illness in humans, but I don't see how that's a good enough reason to move back life (if it was even possible, which is doubtful).

He appears to truly believe that the way modern life fucks with your mind, that alone, is reason enough to live as hunter-gatherers instead, which he knows is not peachy at all.

>hunter-gatherer
wait isn't he just against the industrial revolution? does he hate agriculture and farming too?

You can write him letters.

I have always found his "let me psycho analysis the Other" and the portion where he admits he may be wrong and more research is needed to be done to be intellectually dishonest

His diagnosis was largely correct but his solution wasn't.

He was pretty much 100% spot-on about leftists, though.

I thought he was pretty rad. His ramblings hit so close to home at that time that the govt. have to shut their ears going "lalala I can't hear you madmen" and banish him to irrelevancy.

he was only right about leftists, he went too extremist on his anti industrial revolution while everything good that we have now comes from that.

Oh wow.

The Secret Agent is said to have influenced the Unabomber—Ted Kaczynski. Kaczynski was a great fan of the novel and as an adolescent kept a copy at his bedside.

Kaczynski's idolisation of the character was due to the traits that they shared: disaffection, hostility toward the world, and being an aspiring anarchist.[29] However, it did not stop at mere idolisation. Kaczynski used "The Professor" as a source of inspiration, and "fabricated sixteen exploding packages that detonated in various locations".[30] After his capture, Kaczynski revealed to FBI agents that he had read the novel a dozen times, and had sometimes used "Conrad" as an alias.[31] It was discovered that Kaczynski had used various formulations of Conrad's name – Conrad, Konrad, and Korzeniowski, Conrad's original surname – to sign himself into several hotels in Sacramento.

youtube.com/watch?v=0IyrqeTDeeQ

words to live by

Very intelligent, motivated, but unfortunately not well versed on how to make positive change in the world. I don't mean that in some hippy dippy way either, i mean he didn't understand how to be a catyalist for change on the level that he wanted to be.

After many years of frustration and as far as i can tell misunderstanding the very systems he hated he succumbed to a toxic idea that what he was doing was not only the correct way to go about things but that it would somehow change something.

What resulted was the loss of life on a large scale, media coverage condemning his ideology (if it was even mentioned at all), and his indefinite imprisonment.

I give him props for practicing what he preached and having noble (albeit misguided) intentions. However he either lacked a fundamental understanding of how power structures worked or refused to participate in creating one with separate intentions. I also think he enjoyed the attention too.

Interesting dude, too bad about what he did, and the kids and all.

Everyone's talking about his solutions ITT but as far as I saw it he didn't offer solutions because he saw our situation as hopeless and the bombings were solely to draw attention to the fact by getting his manifesto published.

Afaik his actions were primarlily motivated by revenge. His favourite hunting spot or something got destroyed by growing industrialization which made him super butthurt.

It is true that he believes only violent (unvoluntarily) collapse of the industrial world has a chance to succeed, anyway.

That famous sketch wasn't accurate at all.

>implying sketches are meant to be accurate

The supermax prison in Colorado where he's being held is like a containment of all the celebrity terrorists and murderers. Some very notable criminals in there, IIRC Ted even befriended Timothy McVeigh before he got executed.

Le things wer better back then cringe.

le low effort shitpost cringe

He was basically right, though I think getting rid of all technology would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Technology is like drugs. Some of them fuck your shit up and you ought to leave them be, but you can still smoke a little weed, peyote and try LSD.

In contrast to high effort shitpost?

>does he hate agriculture and farming too?

No