/ROg/ - Ragnarok Online General

Alchemist Edition

We're back! After a long slumber, /rog/ has awoken again, again! Do you crave nostalgia? Are you disappointed by Tree of Failure? Maybe you never quit in the first place? Or are you a new player? We welcome all to the wonderful world of Ragnarok Online!

Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

To get organized and gauge interest, an user set up some polls. Go through and each one and let everyone know what you're interested in!

Server Type
strawpoll.me/10362447

Server Rates
strawpoll.me/10362478

Server Episode
strawpoll.me/10362487

Class to play
strawpoll.me/10362500

When we've gathered enough interest, a server will be decided on and then we can begin playing. First one to get an emp will earn the right to be guild leader and lead /rog/ to victory and fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

talonro.com/
sarahserver.net/
limitro.com/
playdreamerro.com/
novaragnarok.com/
ro.xd.com/
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxMTkwMTQwOA==.html
youtube.com/watch?v=i6F7LBAeCNA
hero-server.net/),
strawpoll.me/10376412
panel.aeva-ro.com/
free-ragnarokonline.com/
ancient-ro.com/
newchaos.net/
strawpoll.me/10377920
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's a sample list of potential servers we could play on. Please suggest some other servers if you know of any good ones!

TalonRO
Pre-Re
Rates: 8x/8x/3x
Average players online: 1000
talonro.com/

Sarah Server
Pre-Trans
Rates: 2x/2x/2x
Average players online: 1000
sarahserver.net/

LimitRO
Renewal
Rates: 100x/100x/25x
Average players online: 500
limitro.com/

DreamerRO
Renewal
Rates: 8000x/8000x/3000x
playdreamerro.com/

NovaRO
Renewal
Rates: 25x/25x/10x
novaragnarok.com/

Dreamer RO is fucking shit. Plagued by whales, worst experience as a newbie I have ever had.
I honestly think there are no more worthwhile HRs left, find a good mid/low rate.

same drama?

this might be the worst fucking drawn tree i've ever seen.

fucking retard good job.

>I honestly think there are no more worthwhile HRs left, find a good mid/low rate.
Pretty much this, you either go low or you go official, and let's be honest here, that doesn't give you many options.
>b-but what if I don't want to low
Then you don't want to RO, especially when it comes to pre-re because there's flat out fucking nothing to do because /rog/ never does war of the emperium.

The ones online are absolute dog shit, I shopped an existing one myself out of frustration

Pre-trans was a mistake.

>tos will never be good enough to replace RO
just let it all die

>1 millionth shitty korean solo quest based MMORPG: Lighting Returns XII: Remastered What-Do-You-Mean-Online-Game EDITION
>replacing the original
>okay so its an average rpg, but its also a chatroom, with many hats, and you grind

G-guys, What RO are you playing on?

The best one, and you're not invited.

Can some one play on nova with me yet

Even one person is fine, I'm just starting out

what happened to that cat race they added

idRO :^)

I haven't played renewal before. But I might if you know what you're doing with the renewal update.

I'm pretty familiar I guess

>Nova launched one week before Leika just to steal all people who could end up interested in it
>it's still prospering
For fuck's sake, I'm still mad.

Just quit lelkek and let it die already.

I just wanted to believe in the glorious rebirth of Cookie2, but I guess that's what happens to a server that spends way too long in a testing period. Literally cucked out of a player base.

Leika also has less content. The alternate 3rd sprite costumes that nova has murdered lelkek's population even more. As it stands leika is pretty damn boring compared to nova.

Do they have the furry cat race as well or is Limit the only somewhat big server with them so far?

Nova has a lot of custom instances, working doram, alternate 3rd costumes and some other decent features like clans and @go (seriously butterfly wings aren't a big deal when you have a warper npc) to make it more attractive to the average server hopper.

Leika wasted time on rebalanced skill formulas, alienating people who are used to the "kRO norm". Not everyone will like the changes

Gonna plan to on the weekend, at least give it a shot.

It will be too late then, I'll be nolifing on poe

Hope you find someone to play with

Heh, I knew this would happen.

dead garbage

Disappointed by tos and came here because I don't know. A friend invites me to play on iRO and just thinking it's worth a shot.

>iRO is 13 years old

Well, it was fun while I played it about 9 years ago, and I guess it is still fun for the people still playing it.

bump

Oh shit, someone took the torch and made another /rog/.

Alright, here's the deal. Someone start on a server and I will play with you. We may not be many but we'd be at least be 2. The hardest part is gathering enough people to attract other people to join. Let's not split hairs over servers, that's always been our fatal flaw.

It could still be fun if gravity weren't total retards over the years, the game still has potential to be great, but they just gave up on quality some months after adding WoEs/TI.

I'm still mad to this day.

>sarahserver.net/
>2.2k online
How the hell is this so popular?

Did we decide on some shit yet?

NovaRO has working cat races

Is there anything I can do to make RO look better, while I love the sprites I also saw the world through sepia-tinted glasses

I'm playing on nova i don't care about where everyone else is going but you're welcome to join me

ro.xd.com/
Potential RO successor

it looks like shit
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxMTkwMTQwOA==.html

>chinese shit

Someone please remake RO in unreal engine 4

>You know how to make a 'new' RO
>Don't have the time nor pacience for it
We'll never live the dream again

Best rates for a pre-trans server? When I play them, I normally look for a comfy low exp rates with better drop rates because I fucking hate RNG. x5/x5/x7 would be the best for me, how about you guys?

2/2/50 (for rare items only). Why no one made one yet is beyond me

1x1x1x or even lower
I go in hard and I come out even harder

So, Sarah is the only option? No one here plays keknebal nor Talon

Best prontera remix 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=i6F7LBAeCNA

what the fuck happened to DoM? I remember it being huge a few months ago?

WoEfags ruined it, like always

thx for resurrecting

Could someone please choose a server? I want something pre-renewal with low rates.

I would play Talon, but it seems like I'm alone on that. Sarah server is also an option, but the classes are going to be limited to 1-1/2-1 for a while. Still, I'm willing to try it. I just want to play with some Veeky Forums people.

Sarah is literally a pinoy server. If you dont speak tagalong dont even bother.

Then please put forth an adequate server. We really need to stop this complaining game and just pick one. No server is going to be perfect, let's get used to it. Even if it's a non-English server, it's not like we're going to play with non-/rog/ anyway.

If that's the case, then why is population always the biggest criteria for you people. It's like every server below 100 pop is considered a joke by /rog/.

I don't understand why no one has brought up heRO (hero-server.net/), it's been around forever and it isnt as p2w as Talon

>If that's the case, then why is population always the biggest criteria for you people
Because it directly affects economy and pvp potential. Plus, it's just plain lonely playing on empty maps.

That said, heRO looks really nice despite its pitiful population and I will play there if /rog/ does.

>No dual-client
wew.

>Wants real economy and pvp potential, but wants multi-clienting

Can't have the cake and eat it too user.

Why in the world would you assume that
and are the same poster?

Anyone here that wants to play in a lazy and comfy way? mostly to make friends and kill shit together, without thinking too much of pvp or woes. I'm starting to get bored of the zero player interaction, and linear themepark questing on ToS.

That happens naturally with RO thanks to its non-themepark format. PVP/WoE is mostly endgame stuff.

That's probably why I always end up coming back to it and get bored easilly on most MMORPG's
Anyway, I'll to for the server then.

Here's another poll to gauge server willingness. Choose! Once enough people vote, we can either begin playing or choose a better server (in the case of more people choosing 'other'. Please don't cheat.)

strawpoll.me/10376412

Other servers that most closely meet previous polling criteria

AevaRO
average population: 200
panel.aeva-ro.com/

FreeRO
average population: ???
free-ragnarokonline.com/

AncientRO
average population: ???
ancient-ro.com/

NewChaos
average population: 100
newchaos.net/

This is why I always hated private servers, not because they're shit, but because there's so many of them and they all have different pandering methods so you can bet your ass 100% that you're not going to find any that the majority would jump on.

Hope you lads have a good time, I think I'll just jump on iRO or find a way to ride the jRO train with all the other spergs.

The posters here are just too damn picky is the real problem. No one is willing to compromise. I have said over and over that I will play with anyone who starts on a server but no one has done that.

I'd more assume it under preferences but yeah, that sounds about right.

Although you wouldn't join me on iRO, now would you? :)

This is true, always happens to me, not only on Veeky Forums but also has happened on other boards.
So far the ones that interests me the most are talon and nova, but in the end I just want to act stupid with other people in I game I enjoy so anything is ok for me.

It's understandable desu
I just want to play with /rog/ on a pre-re server with low rates

>pre-re
>still no fucking servers that re-balance the renewal mobs and add the content without adding the classes
>or even just fucking remaking the classes
This is why private servers are 100% shit, each and every one of them.
>"we want to give you a new experience of ragnarok"
>"and by new experience, we mean you're going to love doing the same shit you did 8 years ago"

What happened to those servers that added new radical classes like the Geomancer, Mimic and Berserker? Oh right, people complained about "muh nostalgia" and the server died out like an infant.

Well the simple fact is that the majority of people think your ideas and desires are retarded, so no one does them and you just whine about it!

>new content is retarded
thanks pal why don't you just play the beta version in that case, you know with all the original and non ruined content

>false equivalencies
e b i n
but I won't derail the thread for this petty spat, so go ahead and retaliate one last time so we can end this

>Well the simple fact is that the majority of people think your ideas and desires are retarded
>tfw rog won't play talon.jpg

>Well the simple fact is that the majority of people think your ideas and desires are retarded, so no one does them and you just whine about it!
Please explain on why they're retarded.

I wanted to come here and call him a keknebbil babby but his only interest is slapping more porings, meanwhile here you are, a talonshitter attempting to call someone else retarded.

Everyone should just post the servers the are willing to play in and hang out with the anons that also posted one of those servers.

I am interested in playing, but I have the skill level of Ako from Netoge no Yome.
Which is to say I'm a spaz scrub.

I will play with you Ako, I'm actually more interested on acting retarded and having fun while dying than in taking the game seriously, just like they do in Netoge.

Well that's certainly my play style!
But what server should we use?

>iRO or jRO
Hey buddy, whats your name on iRO? I'm up for it.

Did you look on the servers listed itt? See if any of those catvchs your attention, I'm up for anything as long as is not super low rates.

How about NovaRO?

Looks great for me. I'll download the client then.

Downloading at the moment, download is taking an assload of time. Drop your name here if you're already in.

I'm downloading as well, but it's going really really really slowly for some reason.

I'm downloading it from the torrent, goes at a decent speed, not fast but not slow either.

Torrent went so slow it stopped, so I switched to direct, eta says 2 hours.

Torrent says almost 1 and a half for me, but I have to go out in about 20 minutes. So I guess we can play at night today.

I think I'll join you guys, if I can

Alright, see you guys at night.

Sure, that would be great!

>renewal
You do realize renewal is the themepark version of RO, right? You're just going to be blowing through levels via eden group quests.

New poll, vote
strawpoll.me/10377920

I never played it and want to see what it's like. And drag you down with me, so I don't feel lonely.

The eden quests is so you can skip the old content
The grind is in the new content

>The grind is in the new content
No, everyone just ends up doing gramps quests/instances and nothing else because it's the only thing that gives decent exp.

>implying I give a shit
I've played pre-renewal for fucking eons now, and I'm not forced to do this boring eden shit.