/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Kosmic fairy edition

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for tentacle rape is the best spell

>this is what Iosefka fags get off to

1st for retarded ludwig webm spam

Yeah I don't think /bbg/s fc has anything going on like that.
It really feels like I'm dealing with the ssb mentality in the bb community.
Like this guy which gave me a few laughs but its so true!

Any glyphs with Bastards of Loran in Chests on Layer 1?

Reminder that Loranon's theories have mostly been proven right:

>Cainhursts are the last of the Pthumerian Royalty
Proven by Maria and her heritage/abilities
>Loran is part of the Pthumeru civilization and also part of the chalice labyrinth below Yharnam
Was always clearly and obviously confirmed by the game
>Fauxsefka is a Cainhurst
Was always obvious and confirmed by in-game evidence. Only further solidified by DLC.

Insecure morons who shitposted about him are looking pretty dumb right about now.

Well I just bought a lost HMS, where can I find some good arcane gems for it?

Holy fuck I've been forever and he still isn't stopping.

Why man? Whyyyy?!

If you're really loreanon I would love it if you wrote a paper and sent it to FROM asking for validation.

Most people come to bbg fc to avoid the average mensis heal/bma fest

>>pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

Some options might be nice if enough people are interested

Id just like to see the bbg guys fight as dirty as possible.
I believe it'll give us many laughs.

>he still isn't stopping.
Why would I? The facts are on my side. All that's ever happened is that I was rude to people who responded to my arguments with half-assed deflections. The facts were always on my side. Even the first argument that generated my nickname, people even admitted back then, that I was in the right but acting like a dick.

The fc community is pretty small as is, I'd like to do a weekend where we try healing but casual bma use is asscancer

and the samefaggotry is revealed

fuck off; nobody cares about you

dude if you're so confident send that shit in or something and upload their reply.

I don't know if you can apply the word facts to this fictional entertainment product.

DESU unless Miyazaki comes out and says " man this crazy gaijin piggu's essay is right on the money. " everything is up to interpretation.

There was never any attempt at deception Sherlock.

>nobody cares
I beg to differ: they cared enough to spout memes and shout down legitimate lore discussions.

>Fauxsefka is a Cainhurst

this gets brought up every so often, but calling someone "a Cainhurst" is linguistically bankrupt. You can say they're of cainhurst origin, or "cainhurstian" or whatever the fuck, but calling them "a cainhurst" is akin to calling a spaniard "a spain".

also the first and third theories are bullshit.

Dont be afraid of my bma repeater with 50 bt man :^]

...unless you want to see a little more...
*unzips chicago

how do you keep the weapon doing that animation?
i know i just never asked or tried enough

,,,,,,,heh,,,,,,who do u think ur talkin to,,,,,

They wouldn't respond even if I was on the money.
> everything is up to interpretation.
My interpretations incorporate the largest variety of evidence and proof with the simplest most logical explanations.

Wanna know something that gives me a lot of confidence in my ideas? I see shitloads of other people coming to the same conclusions with the same evidence. I've seen it in discussions on /v/ and elsewhere. I'm only following a common sense consensus.

you aren't loranon. he was a half-decent writer and your shit seems very evidently imitative

Yeah that's fair enough bma looks pretty disgusting

It's really easy and telegraphed for like 38 seconds

if you cant do it you must be retarded

i gfet laid all the time

hold L2

You got time for a fight with reiter and bma repeater?

don't forget the bullets.

ITS GON GET ALL NEO UP IN HURR

Honestly the main reason healing gets shot down, other than how it elongates fights, is that in an fc there isn't a good system to host 1v1s so the 1v1 you get is host vs invader and the health cut makes the invader heal for less than the host.

>fauxsefka give us numbing mists so she's obviously from cainhurst!

meanwhile we find numbing mists laying around cathedral ward. "closely guarded secret of the nobles" my ass

Dude just try it at worst they send a canned corporate reply which is funny in itself.

Eh i think you're wasting your time trying to convince people of this.

For all we know miyazaki threw cool looking shit into a bucket and out came bb while pretending he actually has a coherant story in his head.

If you guys had a real fc with defiled rite on everyone would be on the same level without blood bullets. Dunno why you guys catering to the folks who can't even beat the chalice dungeons to get max gems.

we need a new DLC or something

>can smell the moon on you
>only the whore and the queen of cainhurst smell the same thing on you
>has the summons
It's open and shut user. She's also the only one directly tied to Mists. The rest may just be things dropped by agents of Cainhurst.

I'm not even really here to convince people. This was more of a smug "told ya so" post than anything.

If everything was defiled we'd all die in one bma shot or chikage unzip
I mean people die in one unzip at full hp but only if they're not built for pvp

Gascoigne's daughter can smell you too

Same goes for the real Iosefka.

guess i should have been hitting someone when i tried that

dude you crazay
send in that letter

JUST DO IT

I'd die in one charged r2 from any maxed weapon and people should be familiar with how wary to be of Chikage users by now.

Alright, normally I don't say this sort of thing because I like /bbg/, but if people are seriously considering healing and BMA in fight clubs, it's time to shut down.

But she can't smell the moon on you. Those three all specifically comment on a unique odor. Two of them mention the moon and one of them says it's not the smell of blood or beast.
Fauxsefka
>Ah, moonlit scents....How did you worm your way in here?
Annalise
> Visitor… Moon-scented hunter… I am Annalise, Queen of Castle Cainhurst.
Arianna
>Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day.
This one is less clear, but we already know she's Cainhurst. Remember, it's specifically NOT the smell of blood or beasts. Probably the moon.

>can smell the moon on you

what does this have to do with cainhurst?

>only the whore and the queen of cainhurst smell the same thing on you

tons of NPCs comment on your scent. Annalise and Fauxsefka are the only ones that recognize it.

>has the summons

you mean she has YOUR summons? because it's ours. she or the minister may have lifted off the player

>She's also the only one directly tied to Mists

but she also gives out blue elixirs, and uses the augur as well as a call beyond. by your logic, this absolutely necessitates an even stronger connection to the Choir.

>tons of NPCs comment on your scent.
On the smell of a hunter. These women all comment on something else.
>what does this have to do with cainhurst?
Well, Pthumerians worshipped or served Moon Presence in some capacity, but really it's more that the only people who make comments about the moon odor are Cainhurst related. 2/3 are confirmed canon Cainhurst bloodline members and the last one has lots of arguable ties to Cainhurst like giving out mists or having the summons.

>Oh, my, what a queer scent
>clear

>she also gives out blue elixirs
>uses the augur as well as a call beyond.
Well she's obviously done work for the healing church or burgerworthy. It's possible she's even the "rogue scholar" that Alfred mentioned.

She's confirmed Cainhurst by other means user. Don't forget, even though I mentioned it twice already, she directly says that it's not the usual Hunter smells.

>Well, Pthumerians worshipped or served Moon Presence in some capacity,

[citation needed]

just because the game provides zero context for MP doesn't mean you can go creating it.

>2/3 are confirmed canon Cainhurst bloodline members

one is. A compelling argument can be made fopr arianna, but nowhere is it plainly stated that "Arianna is a descendant of the cainhurst bloodline". That would need to be the case for "confirmed canon". don't make silly assumptions

The summons isn't from Fauxsefka. It's the thing mentioned at the beginning of the game by the blood minister.

But hey, don't get me wrong. Eileen is the Wet Nurse.

>just because the game provides zero context for MP doesn't mean you can go creating it.
This is the shit I used to deal with. Morons like yourself who haven't done their homework but want to think they know everything there is to know.
Messengers are the "will of the ancients"
Messengers are "flora of the moon and the dream"
Messengers are Pthumerians who serve MP or were uplifted by it or something.

>A compelling argument can be made fopr arianna, but nowhere is it plainly stated that "Arianna is a descendant of the cainhurst bloodline".
Oh I see. Another moron who needs things written out for him in black and white. How's that high school dropout lifestyle treating you? Maybe if you'd stayed in school, you'd have learned how inference and implication works.

Seriously. This is how Souls lore works. If somebody is wearing a Cainhurst dress, that makes them Cainhurst unless we're given reason to think otherwise.

>The summons isn't from Fauxsefka.
It doesn't have to be FROM her. It's found in her Clinic. That's plenty enough in terms of ties.

Thanks king of /bbg/

Don't fear the old blood.
Willem was a bitch.

Honestly lad, the fc rules aren't there to stop you from having fun, they're there to keep to it as even as possible with as few rules as possible.
If that doesn't work for you, just pvp in mensis instead, it's not like you have to choose one forever.

>It's found in her Clinic
It's not her clinic, she literally broke the window and invaded the place.

I know I know

I do pvp in mensis and nightmare areas its just youre gonna catch some hapless low level no gem guy and wreck him way too easily
At least you guys are experienced but now... I'm not so sure if you're all scared of a few items >;-]

Is anyone willing to help me with the defiled amygdala? I'm farming insight right now helping with the wet nurse but I'll head to layer 3 when you reply

omw

It's just not fun to play tag for the 30 seconds bma is up since it trades well with everything and attacking into it is so far beyond risky it's purely retarded
Healing is fun, but thanks to invader health penalties it's just another thing for people to get passive aggressive about when they lose

Yes and we can hear her moaning and saying "yes" in the Abandoned Workshop. Honestly, she's the least clear par tof the lore. But the moon scents and the access to a supply of mists is pretty clear evidence of a Cainhurst connection regardless of the summons.

>Morons like yourself who haven't done their homework

I assume by this you mean people who don't subscribe to your fanfic?

>were uplifted by it or something.

you're not even clear on your own fanfic?

>Oh I see. Another moron who needs things written out for him in black and white. How's that high school dropout lifestyle treating you? Maybe if you'd stayed in school, you'd have learned how inference and implication works.

didn't mean to offend you, user. take a breath.

>If somebody is wearing a Cainhurst dress, that makes them Cainhurst unless we're given reason to think otherwise.

text or dialogue stating that she's from cainhurst is confirmation that she's from cainhurst; canon, if you will. You saying it's "confirmed canon" is laughably wrong, no matter the nature of Souls lore. are you really this dense, or is it just symptomatic of emulating loranon?

Forgot to say the pass is bbg

you are better off keep trying solo
anyone "helping" actually makes the fight much fucking harder due to the buff Amygdala gets

Ringing by the stairs

God damn the lighting after killing the BSB is awesome. Love the firey sky too.

that's actually looping a piece of dialogue from one of the door NPCs in cathedral ward. This line in particular: "the deepest widest gratitude, yes". the yes is looped there for whatever reason. maybe there's an overlap in map data or something causing it but it's not fauxsefka and it's definitely not lore relevant

>>passive aggressive when they lose

Sounds like you guys still have maturin' to do.

As a bma user i really dont find it as effective as y'all make it out to be but I get what you're saying.
But it really seems like most of the similar rules in bb pvp at least in NA region seem to be about making sure ya homos dont cry " no fair!"

Makes sense with all this sjw talk, must be the younger softer gen of players.

>I assume by this you mean people who don't subscribe to your fanfic?
No, I mean people who haven't read all the descriptions and heard all the dialogue.
>you're not even clear on your own fanfic?
Some things are clear, others aren't. We know the Pthumerians and Messengers are closely tied just based on all the Messenger imagery found inside the Chalices. The Doll's Prayer is just icing on the cake. Messengers and Pthumerians are very closely tied. -IF- they aren't directly tied in an "origins" type way, we can still say for certain that Pthumerians knew of and honored Messengers and that Messengers are confirmed as agents of MP.
>text or dialogue stating that she's from cainhurst is confirmation that she's from cainhurst
this is the last time I'm repeating this: inferences and implied storytelling are Miyazaki's preferred method of storytelling. If you can't accept simple logic conclusions like "people of cainhurst descent wear cainhurst clothes" then you need to politely bow out of the discussion and accept that Souls lore isn't for you.

It's always the camera on that jump that messes me up

>As a bma user i really dont find it as effective as y'all make it out to be

Then you suck.
It's pretty much impossible to miss your BMA shot if you have even decent timing. Playing against someone who know's what they're doing with BMA means you either dodgespam constantly, or take an instant 600 damage if you try to do anything else.

>No, I mean people who haven't read all the descriptions and heard all the dialogue.

which dialogue, and which descriptions elicits the MP context you provided?

> The Doll's Prayer is just icing on the cake.

the prayer doesn't even make clear what exactly she's addressing. you chose to interpret "flora" as the messengers. when it could be referring to the MP or even the flowers themselves.

>this is the last time I'm repeating this: inferences and implied storytelling are Miyazaki's preferred method of storytelling. If you can't accept simple logic conclusions like "people of cainhurst descent wear cainhurst clothes" then you need to politely bow out of the discussion and accept that Souls lore isn't for you.

i have no grievances or misunderstandings about this. I even subscribe to the theory that Arianna is a cainhurst descendant, but the notion that anything beyond what's presented in dialogue and item descriptions is "confirmed canon" is silly. you asserting that it is demonstrates as much as a narrow understanding of this style of storytelling as you claim I have

>the prayer doesn't even make clear what exactly she's addressing
"o' little ones"

There's no room for debate you shitter.

>the notion that anything beyond what's presented in dialogue and item descriptions is "confirmed canon" is silly
You're retarded then.

Why you placing limits on yourself?
You're already dead man.

No matter what you do if you're an idiot you're gonna get shot so be less of an idiot?

Thanks for saying I suck.. that I what I get for downplaying it.

>Playing against someone who know's what they're doing with BMA means you

play better?

so, just dodge until it goes away
what a great scenario I hope he has no limits and does that ten times so I have to spend 5 minutes dodging

>There's no room for debate you shitter.

there's endless room for it. you've chosen literally THE most nebulous corner of the lore to be declarative about.

>You're retarded then.
lol no u. you seem to be struggling with the idea that "confirmed canon" means anything other than direct confirmation from the devs, be it in the form of an after-the-fact interview or content actually in the game. you have neither. The idea that Arianna is a cainhurst descendant is strongly supported and almost definitely the intended interpretation, but since the game doesn't actually confirm it anywhere, it's anything but "confirmed canon". what's so confounding about this?

little ones isn't nebulous.

>ou seem to be struggling with the idea that "confirmed canon" means anything other than direct confirmation from the dev
The devs are the ones who dressed her up in Cainhurst garb you moron.

Bait hia bma then punish durrr

You play this defensively normally? Its like you guys didnt get the memo that this game is about aggressive tactics.

I'm not even the guy you were originally arguing with: I guess he fucked off when he realized you're beyond retarded.

First off, there are no limits on BMA use. We have a faggot named William that uses the shit religiously. He fucking blows though, so it isn't that big of a deal. I'm just explaining why BMA use is generally frowned on: FC's are for fun and BMA is not fun at all. It is the epitome of tryhard 'i want to win' bullshit.

BMA on a 'tinge build does as much as an unzip only with much more range, much faster, and it can also parry. It is so goddamn good and if you think it isn't then you have either never played the game or are in some deep denial because you rely on cheap gimmicks to bust out wins.

I'm done with you, you two-bit fucking monkey. Either learn what the fuck you're arguing about or don't argue at all. Bring your BMA bullshit to a FC and you'll probably be put in the dirt regardless. As I said before, there are LITERALLY NO RULES against it. Do it if you fucking want.

>hey guys i was wonderin if we could do a fc with healing and bma haha, just to see what it's like you know? haha

t. bloodtinge 117 fucking shits
go invade if you want to be a cunt

sorry

No worries

The kirkhammer worked just fine for me until I started the chalice dungeons

I'm just chattin' man, reeeeelax!

U mad bro? Seriously you're putting in too much effort 6/10 reminds me of Army mareme.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to intrude on your safe space >=^)

Y u getting so mad that you can't out play a "cheap" mechanic? You got the intelligence of a ...Baboon?

Honestly though I have fun when I'm playing this game, losing or winning.

I'm a bloodtinge 117 shit and I think letting BMA and healing is fucking retarded.

It's staggering amy like crazy though, still ringing?

Not so passive aggressive anymore eh?

>You got the intelligence of a ...Baboon?

Thank you thank you thank you!

Happy to help

Man fuck Rom in Lower Pthumeru. It was a pain in the ass. By the end I was running around hectically dodging the spiders and using the columns to block icicle rain trying to land a hit.

Protip: Hit CD Rom in the face.

Cleaver vs Spear

spear meta too strong to ignore

Spear is objectively better.

BETTER FROWN UPON IT THEN

the spear is pretty much my favorite weapon across all the souls games
it's a shame that DS3 managed to hit the simple part, but not the fun to use part for any of its weapons.

Fuck off Lucifer

How is the "fun" part not also the "simple" part? It's the same shit but longer and slower.
It's a good weapon sure but its moveset is terribly dull and I only ever use it to cheese Amelia so I can grab something better from the DLC.

I enjoyed the spear as a main in my throwaway first play through character.

For a spear pvp build go 50 skl and 50 vit?

what's in the room with fucktons of spiders before the boss on ailing loran layer 2?

,,,baboon? meta

No way man thats for scrubs.

I subscribe to chimp meta.

>chimp
>not gorilla
Go big or go home, little man.