Would being abnormally tall do any harm to me in a business work setting? I'm right out of high school and I'm 6'11"...

Would being abnormally tall do any harm to me in a business work setting? I'm right out of high school and I'm 6'11", I'll probably be at least 7' by the time I'm done growing. I have a lot of trouble finding clothes for myself to wear, especially suits, but I'm afraid that I might be at a disadvantage when it comes to getting a job because of my height. Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation?

tall men have an advantage in pretty much any social or business situation.

you will find a lot of people resent you for that advantage. But it's still an advantage.

Just be confident in yourself. You literally cant change your height so use it to your advantage. If you have problems finding decent clothing that fits you, try looking for tailors to custom make clothes for you.

Depends bro.

Can you keep up and have a normal body type, being ~250 lbs?

If you're one of the lanky types you will be awkward as fuck.

The average height for a man in the US is 5' 9.5" according to
www(dot)averageheight(dot)co

83" / 69.5" * 100 =~ 119.4245 - 100 =~ 19.4245.

You have around a 19.4245% advantage over everyone else in just about everything.

Yes. You'll have to remember to duck for doorways, mind ceiling fans, and suits will be more expensive.

Lanklet fantasy, meet lanklet nightmare reality

>always viewed as novelty, much like a midget
>same fags who shit post manlet threads of all heights will secretly resent you/try to fuck you over
>insecure fags will avoid meetings/talking to you/standing near you/talking near you/being in same room as you to avoid feeling/appearing short (yes these people seriously exist)
>risk of your giant weak heart exploding when denied for business loans, clients rejecting proposals, etc etc

List goes on for days.

Usually a big advantage.

Gonna be a little different for you since you are VERY tall. Here's what it comes down to: people are gonna bring it up a LOT. So be prepared with a joke or quip here and there. Getting annoyed when you get asked the 1000th time about your height could cost you a job, a promotion, or a sale. So have a sense of humor about it would be my advice.

Thanks for the advice

Yeah, I'm 230 but I have a low body fat %. I've played basketball at school and in leagues all around the west coast my while life and with that came a lot of weight and physique training.

Come to holland, you'll still be comparatively tall but noone will mind.
t. 192cm

>Be 7' tall

Go be king of Veeky Forums.

>Cherry picks what he wants to hear.
>ignores actual legit advice

Mfw

Just bulk up and get a WWE contract, they jizz themselves over anyone that tall regardless of skill

you'll get used to the jokes, op. but at least you can reach the top shelf.

Like what, you betafag?

Why aren't you making bank in basketball right now? Steph Curry is 6'3" you fucking waste of lanklet.

Whenever I'm around a really tall person, I want to climb them and eide on their back and/or use them for manual labor.

Height doesn't necessarily determine how good you are at basketball, and you can't really "make bank" playing basketball in high school. I've started on Varsity since I was a freshman and played for a league and traveled around the country in tournaments, and I've gotten a lot of scholarship opportunities. I'm not sure if I could play in a league where I'd actually be making any money because I have a bad back, and play style probably wouldn't work with any professional teams.

I've worked on a ranch growing raisins since I was 12 years old, if that counts.

This isn't really for business, but someone quite tall needs to be very careful about their health. After 40, get regular heart checkups.

I have a tall friend who nearly died from a heart attack at a young age because of his height.

Talk about leadership a lot

It's totally because of your great ideas and not just your height that anyone listens to you

Thank you for the concern. I haven't had any heart problems up to this point in my life, in fact my heart is pretty strong because of my background in basketball. I try to stay as active as possible because I figure eventually by the time I'm 28 or so I'll hit my fitness will peak and from there my fitness will just kind of plateau. Once I start to become less physically active I'll start going to my doctor a lot more often. I'm sure exercising and playing basketball for that long of a time will bring up new issues for me to worry about. I already have a bad back but what I'm worried about in the future are my knees. I doubt I'll be losing any weight from this point in my life and right now I weigh ~230 pounds, and that much weight on a tall person can really harm your knees, especially when you run and jump around as often as I do.

I am 6'7.

Work on balance and fitness. Don't be awkward of movement or fat.

Manlet here.

People will notice your height and they tend to subconsciously ( hope it's subconscious) treat you differently and I suspect people will remember you because of your height (advantage), however, extremities like yourself make people uncomfortable. People don't like different.

I'm 5'6 and people would treat me as a child (this was compounded by the fact I have a baby face) until I proved my worth to the firm. Point is, if you can prove you are capable of doing the task at hand, people like HR and Partners of a firm are going to like you regardless, maybe get in to basketball or someting lol

Six foot three midget here.

As you know, height is a burden if you carry it badly, but an amazing benefit if you carry it well. So... keep your back straight and stop giving a fuck.