/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

SAS edition

Discord server for organized group play:
discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: not yet made

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik
Previous thread:

Where da IQ lewds at

Where da German women at?

>discord server

Why do you guys keep linking that?

Why does no one make a new thread after the 750?

Should I buy siege?

From last thread.

I just copied the old OP since no one was making a new thread for 2 hours

I've been doing nothing but browsing shitty threads for 2 hours? shit

I was napping. #Operatoroperating

Yes.

TEAM TO TEAM

Me on the bottom left

Is it bad that I'd rather play with dudebros and niggers before I'd even consider playing with spergs and neckbeards? They just have this attitude about them that I can't fucking stand and they're so awkward.

Me on point, breaching and clearing.

Does /r6g/ enjoy Pizza Hut stuffed crust?

I eat from local pizza places mostly

I'm eating pizza right now actually

>Bundeswehr skins look sexy as fuck
>Can only be bought with Ubibucks
Welp, too bad I'll never buy them because I can't be asked to give these fucking cunts more money.

I usually always go to mom & pop shops since they're always better and cheaper but the local place around here isn't that great and PH is new so I said fuck it and got a stuffed crust pizza, it's actually pretty good.

>hop on cam to watch enemies
>move it so the retards on my team don't tag enemies anymore
>they bitch and moan telling me to stop moving the camera
>tk'd next round
FUCK I am mad, I am so tired of playing with randoms, fucking when is team killing going to be fixed?

Join the TS, Im sick of playing with randoms

>Hostage on Yacht
>Doc goes and chases team-mate
>Sacrifices team-mate for... THAT moment
>Doc isn't looking
>Pulls out the hammer
>Smash every bone in his body and hear him scream in agony
This is why I love this game.

I agree, I'm sick of the TK'ing shit that goes on in this game.

>Be away for first 5-10 seconds of a round, get TK'd for some reason
>Someone tries to TK you, you TK them in response only to get TK'd by some vigilante random
>Accidentally shoot teammate who runs by you shooting at a drone, get TK'd
It just goes on and on, it's fucking stupid. I really don't get the chain reaction ones, when someone gets TK'd and then everyone else turns on each other, what's the fucking point?

Other day I started a round on defense but I was reading something so I didn't move right away, Pulse got right in my face and had his gun aimed ready to shoot me right up until I moved then he ran off, so I fucking killed his bitch ass for even considering it.

Did you just get a Sledge kill with the fucking hammer? I'm jealous, still haven't had the perfect storm develop yet..

Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving them money, but they're so imcompetent. In fact, I'm surprised they get a bad rep of being Jewbisoft.

>very VERY consumer friendly game
>meanwhile most games already pulling Valve shit by selling loot/crates/treasures/whatevertheyfuckingcallthemnow only for CHANCE to get something you MAY like
>Blizzard one upping Valve and going full Jew by not allowing you to buy your own things, everything has to be acquired through their loot things

I love how R6S isn't infested by those stupid gambling techniques, but I cry every time I'm reminded that unlike most other AAA developers Ubisoft are retards. It's hard to choose between competent but greedy companies vs a fair but brainless one.

Why do teammates think it's a sensible idea to constantly get in front of everyone, especially while shooting?

It's even more infuriating when playing as Glaz and you have a shot lined up only for some dumb cunt to step in the way and either make you miss, not take the shot at all, or accidentally TK them.

At this point, I'm just gonna fucking shoot anyone who gets in front of me in the back of the fucking dome, it's getting out of hand.

>Force teamkillers to match up with other teamkillers
Easier said than done

That's what I'm saying, can't be bothered to give them more money when they don't even know what the fuck they're doing with the game. That and the fact it'd most likely just go to funding more ESL shit instead of helping the game or servers.

They're quite consumer friendly, I won't argue on that, though my one gripe is having items that can only be bought with IRL money like those awesome skins but it doesn't impede my fun or anything so it's not a big deal. I hate the 'loot crate' system, especially as someone who plays Madden Ultimate Team, 'packs' are EA's version of loot crates and it's just as much jewery as the others.

It's pretty sad when the entire gaming landscape is made up of: Indieshit developers, competent but overly greedy developers, and gamer-friendly but retarded developers. It's literally a no-win situation at this point.

Here's a little something else while I paint the other picture

What server? I've only ever had one TK and that was because the fuckboi was being a bitch the whole game.

For those of you interested in my blog:
>round 3 during a game with him
>I afk because something came up
>come back while the same round is still going, only left for a minute at most
>I died like a retard, then immediately spams the chat with stuff like "YEAH I CANT DO MUCH WITH THIS TEAM. WE GOT AN AFK. GG"
>call him out and say he's only got one kill and he's died every time
>also point out I've way above the scoreboard and got an objective, so if anything the AFK is carrying the team and I'm more useful AFK'ing than he is being a bitch
>he tries to start shit with me
>tell him to shut the fuck up and to just play the game
>next game
>I TK him by accident because it's the last round, I'm clearing a room, and he's stupid enough to run right in front of me
>apologized, trying to not start shit again, and tell him it was accidental and he ran in front of me
>he doesn't buy it and just goes off in all chat
>whatever
>next game, he's still in the same lobby with me for some reason despite hating my guts (I liked the other players so I didn't feel like going into another 10 minute queue to find new ones)
>he fucking hunts my ass for the entire round
>I fall off the building because I'm trying to ignore him while I'm busy dealing with defenders trying to window peak us
>spends the rest of the round trying to revive me and cancelling at the last second, teabagging me
>he loses the round because he becomes the last man standing after wasting time doing nothing and made the game a 3v5 for our teammates

If a TK happens in my games most people do it by accident and apologize. As for AFKs, people don't bother them since they feel that it's better to have that chance of them coming back than to TK him, then he comes back and he can't do shit now.

>I died like a retard

Meant he. I died eventually but I actually accomplished something before doing so.

My friend, you keep producing miracles. As the user who suggested the last picture I have to say you deliver a five star experience.

>That story
What a cunt. I'd have honestly just reported the fucker even though it doesn't do anything.

It's not really any particular server, it just seems to be a night-time thing. You can always tell the accidents from the intentional ones, in most cases I try and at least have 2 friends with me or try and get a couple of the randoms to be cool with me in case we end up with a fucktard, we can just kick them out.

PS4fag here, is voice chat in-game absolute shit just on PS4 or across all platforms? I always end up playing with my squad in party chat because the quality is so much clearer/louder.

>no tachanka buffs

Weren't they thinking buffs for him? there are none in this patch?

I don't know, I feel it may be a server thing. I play on usw because most of the people I play with are cool and have mics. I used to be usc but too many burrito speakers was too much for me. I might get back to it, eventually, but all these stories about TK, shitty mic users, and other nonsense are actually pretty rare for me. I guess my main gripe, though, would be the small number of people on my server: I run into people I played before constantly.

Pajamas next p-please

I'm pretty much always in USE because I live on the East Coast and I have the same issues you have as far as finding people. It's always the same people over and over, it gets pretty annoying after a while.

how does casual matchmaking work?

does it just not? because it seems like it just doesn't actually do anything

OH ALL THESE 140 PLAYERS ARE A PERFECT MATCH FOR THESE SUB-20S

fuck you ubisoft

This has been an issue of mine all along, it happens in casual and ranked.

The matchmaking isn't balanced at all and they do nothing to improve it or streamline it.

I thinks its worse when you have like 9 kills while everyone on your team are under 5.

and I am super shit at carrying so whenever I lose I always get spammed with ez from clan fags with the same profile picture

>Tfw got into argument with dumb nigger squadmate and no longer squad with them anymore
>Tfw they got on first and are with the rest of the squad
>Tfw I can't play with my own squad because it's full now
Guess I'm just gonna shitpost.

>Level 3 12 year old with a mic on your team
>Castle barricades us in the objective room

I'm good at carrying to an extent, the team has to at least be competent enough to not shit itself if I die though. I'm a high-risk, high-reward type of player so things can just as easily go wrong as much as they can go right for me.

That tends to be the trend in most games I see, teams being carried by one or two people while the rest are barely registering on the scoreboard. Seems like the best teams are the ones where the kills/assists are split up somewhat evenly and everyone has a solid number of points.

>Level 3
>12 year old
There's your why.

What the hell does the "Rule one" charm mean?

Why are there things in this game you can only buy with Ubibucks? I don't fucking get that business model.

Either make 'em all buyable via both renown or Ubibucks or stick with one. It's fucking bullshit how things like the Avalanche headgear, Royal skins, and Bundeswehr skins just to name a few are all locked behind actual paywalls when the majority of the items in the game can be bought with renown as well.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

i prefer the game chat, party sound makes the game less able to sound whore

That is the point.

The cash only makes it seem like "oh shit I might be special if I get this skin"

I think the shop system they have in place is fine better than other games and thank god for no RNG boxes.

They're premium skins for a reason. I personally don't mind it. If we didn't have stuff like that in place we'd be drowning in those bullshit gambling things that most games are adopting now.

First of all, I don't care about skins. They are just an added unnecessary bonus and some of them are just ways to support Ubisoft. The worst case scenario they could have gone was a crate system, where you could not even buy the skin you want, you had to get a lucky drop.

Yeah, it's weird. They consolidated the tiers to 1-3, but the "premium" things you can buy only with Rainbow Money are still tier 3. Like Buck's Avalanche headgear, it's like a tier 3.5. They should at least signify it as being special and add a tier 4.

How exactly does one get Ubibucks? My copy of Siege is en route, can I just use Xbl money to buy cosmetics if I want to support the game?

I'm not sure on consoles. I'd assume it would work like that considering that I can use my Steam wallet to pay for skins.

I find it strange that some T3 headgear can be purchased with renown too. If it's anything like the Frost/Ice skins before, the premium bundles will go on sale to be purchased with renown too. Who knows when or if ever again.

Maybe this?

I don't think anyone I see with premium stuff is special, at least not in the sense they'd like me to think of them. I think of them as being retarded enough to waste perfectly good money on stupid skins. To each their own, it's just my opinion on the matter.

As for the whole crate drops thing, don't even get me started. I fucking hate that cancerous bullshit, it's so rigged it's not even funny and the odds are so fucking bullshit you'd be better off buying actual scratch tickets.

I don't care about the skins much but it'd be nice to at least have the option of owning them without spending money. I miss the days where you got things by actually playing the game instead of being able to buy your way to everything.

This pisses me off because I recently unlocked Buck and I honestly love playing as him, he's so much fun. I really want that headgear but cba to buy it with anything other than renown, which isn't an option..

>He doesn't know
Do you even operate, m8?

>This pisses me off because I recently unlocked Buck and I honestly love playing as him, he's so much fun. I really want that headgear but cba to buy it with anything other than renown, which isn't an option..

Well that is the whole point of premium skins. To entice you into buying them with real money. Yes it sucks we can't just go back to owning the full game and all its content right off the bat, but compared to the latest and most bullshit of all microtransaction trend of buying crates it's a blessing that Ubisoft is even allowing like 90% of the content to be purchased via Renown.

They will propably release the Hockey mask soon and since the ski mask is already ubibuck only chances are high we can buy that with Renow

>They added new headgear and weapon skins on PS4 first

>60 hours of gametime
>still never killed someone with a breach charge

Platinum never

I've been playing for 149 and still haven't.

247 hours here, i once almost got the achivement but some kill hungry faggot decided to kill both me and the downed guy and his excuse was LOL i thought you were going to revive him.

About time he posted some Siege stuff

>4 vs 5
>comeback from 3:0 to 3:5

adrenaline almost killed me

>rando yells out SAVAGE when trying to call out to Sledge