/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Careful what you hack for edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4k5blc/reinstalling_cia_files_after_system_transfer/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

second

first for anime

So I'm going to be trading my regular N3DS for an N3DS XL.

Is there anyway to like copy the ID the system or something so that all omy games and saves on my emuNAND work? I remember reading that you can't simply move your stuff because different systems have different IDs. Or was that a lie an I can just move my emuNAND straight to the next 3DS once I get hacks setup again?

I'll also want to setup a9hl once I get the emuNAND onto the new system. Have been holding of until I make the change.

When I do the upgrade to 9.2 the browser won't do that stupid "you need to update before using this" thing right?

I just tried a 'new' rip of Minecraft Super Mario Edition and it gives me the following Error Code: 199-9998.

I read someone saying I need to replace the res folder with the original minecraft one, I got the res folder off a different minecraft rip and replaced it but I still get the same error.

I just can't get minecraft to work on loadiine, I use a wii u account without an nnid linked to it, I've tried 3 different rips and it never works, but according to people on wiiuiso.com most people just get it to work in MiiMaker mode so idk what I'm doing wrong.

Can you get minecraft to work on loadiine? How?

Since 11.0 came out, you can't use Nintendo's built in system transfer unfortunately. You'll just have to transfer everything by hand and take a new Friend Code unless you know some ridiculously advanced methods.

dating sim game?

Is there at least something I can use to backup all of my game saves quickly for when I reinstall hacks and all the titles?

And what about transferring my personal Mii?

JKSM for saves

First thing you need to know, some games have both save data and extdata.

SVDT does have some kind of dump all option for saves, while extdata_dump also has an option.

However I'd honestly recommend going through with JK's and manually trying to dump each title's save and extdata.

I've got a Wii U on 5.3.2 but I stopped using it for a few months because the Kernel exploit failed more times than it worked (a lot of times forcing me into hard-rebooting the console)...

What's currently the best/safest way to launch the kernel exploit + loadiine?

Thanks

Guys, my friendlist can't go online. send help. 5.5

Can't you system transfer emuNANDs when both are on 11.0? That's unfortunate

If it "crashes", open Friendlist and just let the console sit for 10mins.
Not even joking.

If you don't mind 11.0 ruining your ability to downgrade and CFW.

what the fuck. i didnt do anythng you said. i uninstalled some files. and it just magically works. i specifically uninstalled bootntr. wtf happening

where's the fbi dev here? im just curious what's the latest release that doesnt need to open the eshop to make the game work.

>downgrade and CFW n3DSXL console
>setup emuNAND on fresh n3DSXL
>update both emuNANDs to latest version
>system transfer between emuNANDs
Did 11.0 break that? emu to emu used to work in the past

Noice

Does emu to emu seriously work? I really thought the transfer process would do a hard reset of the console, not unlike updating from the eShop. If I'm wrong, that would be great.

ZTD leak when

I recall GBAtemp threads about working emu to emu transfers
But I don't know if anyone recently tried it with 11.0
most threads are from around 2015
do some research in beforehand
don't want to be the asshole that broke your shit

What I want to know is if anyone tried it with a9lh.

what shout i pick?

>m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4k5blc/reinstalling_cia_files_after_system_transfer/
people tried it and it seems to work
still, isn't the OTP console specific? kinda scary

Should I have my 3DS charging the whole time I'm doing a9lh setup?

eruptor

Well I'm not sure in what exact way OTP affects emuNAND. Perhaps the unique OTPs could be retained in sysNAND? Or perhaps the OTP does transfer... I don't know, dark waters these are.

You should charge it user. You don't want to brick your system when the downgrade is happening.

>tfw thought this was a fake Pokemon leak for a second

>mobile poster
>linking to reddit

tnx
it's pretty cheap and cute. buy it.

If I send my 3DS to Nintendo for repair without deleting my dick pics, what do you think will happen?

I want to edit the music in games other then smash for wii u

Now, how do I do this? Do I somehow extract the sound .dat files and then make them a dat file again after switching out some songs?

I'm looking up what I could do while also posting here encase someone has an answer.

They'll leave their own dick pics on the system

they'll update it to 11.0

not the same guy. will they sue me if they saw that i got 200+ titles, lewd custom theme and different LED?

I'm trying to do the 9.2 update and when I get to step 16 in this
It doesn't really give me an option to press down, it just says press left up right a to continue and when I tried it it said it failed.

I'm a n-n-normie
sorry ;_;

try taking out the hs.app and try again

Yeah that fixed it. For future reference then, if the guide says "copy file x from SD card to computer" does it really mean cut? Because that's gonna confuse me.

How do you permanently change the LED? For me it reverts back after I set it.

just means to put it somewhere else while also leaving it in the SD, backups iirc are the exceptions where you can take them off the sd

changing the LED can cause an MCU brick, nothing can save you from an MCU brick.

Don't fuck with the LED

Well they'd probably replace it with a new, unhacked system.

cant find anything

whatevs, ill try again tomorrow im sleepy

Ok, I finished updating to 9.2, should I keep everything on the SD card as is or should I delete stuff?

when you finish the guide you can delete everything that's not in the picture at the end

Alright.

>barely finishing up part 2 for a9lh
>already fucking sweating with a pit in my stomach
This is too much pressure man.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

I got to step 20 in this guide but when I try and open the homebrew launcher through menuhax it just hangs

Fixed it, just had to reinstall menuhax through browserhax.

>wated to get manaphy for sun/moon to do playthrough
>the event one is fucking level 100

well, hacking it is...

Why should I use a new game+ for Stella Glow?

What is happening in this pic?

why would anything that has anything to do with the OTP transfer?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

In the last step of section I, is it saying install PlaiSysUpdater in Sysnand or RedNand?

>reboot back into rednand

>did the one click set up with otp helper
>on the verge of throwing up the whole time
>finally finishes
>rebooting brings up a black screen
>have to boot with SD card out
Jesus christ this is too much.

Grab some root beer/ginger ale and keep going, bucko. You ain't finished until that shit boots Luma.

>starting part 5 right now
Home stretch man

>different LED
what

retards think the app designed to test the LED can permanently change the LED color for some reason.

If I'm remembering this right, this was the result of stuffing Captain Falcon into Pikachu. Some fella tested this out couple threads back with different character skins and returned with spectacular results.

Should I not bother with the "install latest hourly" thing in lumaupdate if I already have 5.5? And just to confirm the Systems settings should show "Sys 11.0" right?

Don't bother with hourly unless you're actively wanting to contribute bug reports. And Sys 11 is what you want currently once you've all set up.

Is there a way for me to change my eshop region from EU to US?
I want to play yo-kai watch but titlekeys only has the US one, which doesnt work.

Apparently the workaround for this is just visit the games eshop page or something.

Ok, I'm finally all set up with a9lh and am part of the master race now. Last touches I need. I assume I should install the newest FBI as a separate CIA from the Health and Safety app? And NTR as well? And finally for themes should I just make a themes folder and use CHMM in the homebrew launcher?
Thanks

It will work if you use the latest FBI as it downloads the seeds. Unless you're running into a different problem?

Friend did the whole homebrewing and FBI thing for me cause I dont have a card reader AND i am a fucking stupid person, so I think it's not the latest FBI i got.
When I want to start the game it tells me I removed the SD card or something like that

Open FBI and scan pic related, then run the newly installed FBI program when you want to install games.

Does anyone have a download for ntr 3.3 cia? I seem to have downloaded the wrong one.

Thank you a fucking lot man

Hm, for some reason the themes I installed using the homebrew launcher don't loop anymore, they looped when I was using rxtools before. Should I update CHMM2 in the homebrew launcher?

Can anonymous link me some condensed information on SD cards to use with the WiiU's 5.5.1 exploit? Is there a size limit? Recommended specs?

ALL OF THEM

fyi the hash of the cia linked in that qr code doesn't match any of the ones on the GitHub release page, so I really wouldn't use it.

Yeah something's definitely wrong with my themes. I tried updating CHMM in the homebrew launcher and I even installed the CIA version but my themes won't sound through an entire loop, it'll get close to the end and then abruptly cut off. Am I supposed to be installing them some other way? I'm using luma with a9lh.

>using CHMM
yeah something's definitely wrong there

What should I be using? Previously I installed CHMM2 as a CIA when I was using rxTools and my themes looped just fine(I was on 11.0 emunand too) but now the songs won't play all the way through.

Make a themepack and install them as ;official' themes

>tfw you've got over 50 games downloaded on your 3DS
>Somehow, end up playing none of them
Why don't I feel like free games?

Thanks, they're fixed now.
>limit of 10 themes
Now that's some bullshit

>$101.65 to get 3DS repaired by Nintendo

a-at least I'll get all my games for free...

no you won't, they'll send you a refurb unit that's been updated to 11.0

I'm sure that there will be a breakthrough that will allow an easy entry-point eventually.

Just save your money and buy a used N3DS, famas

This. For a 100 bucks you really are better off buying a new one.

even with an easy entrypoint you'd still need a kernel exploit. if you're on 11.0 the easier way is to hardmod it

A new one is still $200, so I wouldn't say that's "better off."

On ebay, there's just a bunch of Old 3DS systems for auction, and don't even know if the system is updated or not.

>16. Cross your fingers

don't have a heart attack man

>limit of 10 themes
What are you talking about? I have 11 installed

I use Howling Theme and also have a theme pack with (coincidentally) 69 themes. There's no limit.

Bc you depressed.

Oww, I think you're right though.

If I buy a Free McBoot memory card off eBay, am I set for playing PS1 and PS2 backups on my slim PS2? Or are there other mods I need to do to it too?

PS1 games can only be played via emulation using popstarter. But other wise you'll be able to play PS2 backups with OPL via ethernet or USB, or patched games with ESR.

Hi I have a question.

If I install a theme in .cia format it will cause some errors in arm9loaderhax(luma) ?

>PS1 games can only be played via emulation
Wait, so I can't use the PS2's backwards compatibility? That's a huge reason why I wanted to mod it in the first place, since from what I understand you can get 240p through component out and I still have a CRT and want to play games I'll never be able to afford like Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile with the best visuals possible.