/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

slav edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
pastebin.com/3nTre9Up
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous bread

First for spurdo

What is this creature on the Pic?

Posting here again, Call of Chernobyl crashes instantly and gives me a windows critical error sound when i try to start it via the Stalker-Coc.Exe

Crashlog is here:

pastebin.com/3nTre9Up

Anyone know a fix?

see
turn off antivirus, disable desktop compsitioning

One of the creations of Beksinki's imagination.

also try updating via codater, updating dx runtimes if you havent already, reboot and try again as admin

>Description : hdr
Delete your shader cache and user.ltx

>mfw no stalker 2

This thread is D.E.A.D.

It's very annoying. Only so many times I can replay these games.

ded gaem

I'm honestly kind of glad.

I have an idea for the eventual magmod for weaposoup - the magazines and the grenades you have equipped should raise your carry weight by how much they weigh. Same for artifacts on the belt and equipped guns.

>artifacts on the belt
*On the slot
Also there should be a way to avoid cheesing that, such as purposefully carrying really heavy ammo on the belt. Maybe have the suit influence the belt's size.

Doing so would also take care of the "carry 12 long guns on your back and sprint as if you're carrying nothing" meme.

>Doing so would also take care of the "carry 12 long guns on your back and sprint as if you're carrying nothing" meme.
Oh I forgot why: I thought of the "belt" system as something meant to be played with a low weight limit, something like 25/30 kg tops, if you go over that you should be able to sprint only for not even a hundred meters (while also suffering from sprinting speed, looking around speed stamina regen penalties), and after 60 kg you can only walk slowly - same speed as low crouch. If you go over 80kg you can't more at all anymore. Thoughts?

>the magazines and the grenades you have equipped should raise your carry weight by how much they weigh
Why?

>if you go over that you should be able to sprint only for not even a hundred meters

Christ, have you ever ran in your fucking life?

This, and most mods do nothing to expand the story, i need my stalker fix, i even watched some shitty fan made movies. I NEED MY FIX

Why tho? Afraid they'll fuck it up?

Could've already done your own thing.

You mean mod?

Yes, the story at least.

Im illiterate when it comes to modding, it would take me years to learn if i start now, and i don't have the time, but i might get upset enough to start. I fucking love S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

This is not funny

We'd need a new UI bit for the belt though

>It's "I'm an ideas guy :)" episode

Neck yourself, or start working on it now.

Better weight distribution, the same reason why people suspect that the suits' weight are all over the place.

Yes, why, what are you getting at?

Oh yes, very much so. Even Sir Gay said that STALKER 2 would've been a disappointment regardless of its quality, I guess because different people think of STALKER as different things.

Or the hype train in layman's terms. It's not hard to see why he'd think so.

I suspect that it wasn't just a matter of hype train. Consider the following:
1. Sir Gay said that his vision of STALKER 2 was very different from the vision of the people that were working on it.
2. Do you remember the thread on KC /int/ where the GSC employee leaked some of the concept arts? I do, and from what I recall he was really pissed.

>Better weight distribution
I'd say "kill yourself", but it's become too much of a meme recently.

If STALKER was real would you ever think about adventuring into The Zone?

Because there isn't any difference between evenly distributing weight and carrying all of it on your back.

Good lord, no. If I wanted to go to Gensokyo that badly I'd just shoot myself in the head and be done with it. There, a painless, easy entry.

>Oh yes, very much so. Even Sir Gay said that STALKER 2 would've been a disappointment regardless of its quality, I guess because different people think of STALKER as different things.

Well if they kept it similar to SoC i don't see why it would suck honestly, unless they radically changed the concept of the game. And fuck id rather it sucked and i have the option to hate it than not have it at all. Stalker 2 sucking wont change my opinion of the original stalker series. Like why the hell are they trying to make Cossacks 3 happen when its a lot less popular than Stalker.

No thanks, I'm not THAT desperate.

forgot my image

Thank G-d you aren't actually gonna pull through with this mod.

Yes, definitely. Either as part of research team or regular stalker. My life is too boring.

>G-d
Try making your baits less obvious next time.

Good points. I don't really remember the details but I recall there were a lot of ideas being thrown, a lot of them dumb and many more of them just wishful thinking.
>Do you remember the thread on KC /int/ where the GSC employee leaked some of the concept arts? I do, and from what I recall he was really pissed.
I don't remember that one. Do you remember any details? Greentexts or whatever?

>unless they radically changed the concept of the game.
That's precisely what they'd do, user.

I don't understand why STALKER hasnt been adapted into other mediums, just the theme and setting alone would make a great tense combat thriller or tv show. I hate to think that this wordl just dies with these games.

>That's precisely what they'd do, user.

Well i wouldn't mind if they made it well and it was something well thought out. What were their plans anyway?

Nah, I just like to interweave ironic shitposting and humor into my serious posts on the internet.

Why does the nightvision in CoC suck so much? This is Gen 3.

STALKER is only particularly popular with Slavs, and those guys don't have neither the money nor the resources to pull that off.

>implying
Even the Witcher got a great tv show.

>Well if they kept it similar to SoC i don't see why it would suck
For you. Maybe for me. But you have to keep in mind that for a lot of retards the "real" STALKER experience is Complete, Misery, some other shitty meme mod and there are even people that jumped into STALKER straight from CoC and never played the original games.

>Stalker 2 sucking wont change my opinion of the original stalker series
I'm positive that you never saw a franchise that you love getting thoroughly raped and dissected.

>why the hell are they trying to make Cossacks 3
Because it'd sell, I don't think it requires nearly as much effort as a STALKER entry, and it won't cause nearly as much of a shitstorm if it is bad.

>I don't remember that one. Do you remember any details? Greentexts or whatever?
Google it, no really. You should be able to find the whole thread, and if not, at least screenshots of it.

Because Sir Gay doesn't want to sell the rights.

And this isn't necessarily true, if anything the STALKER games made much more money in the west than in slavland.

>in game increased weight carry suit upgrades specifically cite the redistribution of weight
LMAO. Kill yourself retard.

I just find para-military and PMC/mercenary combat so much cooler than traditional war stuff.

This is also the reason I love FC2 and wish it could be as moddable as the STALKER series.

Which leads me to another question, how is it that the STALKER games are so moddable? Were they built with it in mind?

Is he holding onto the rights in hopes of STALKER 2 or something?

What do you mean with FC2? Surely not Flaming Cliffs.

STALKER wasn't built with modding in mind at all. Slavs have a simple philosophy of 'mod it until it crashes', and Western modders also live by these words.

Far Cry 2. That one where you go innasavannah and shit.

>For you. Maybe for me. But you have to keep in mind that for a lot of retards the "real" STALKER experience is Complete, Misery, some other shitty meme mod and there are even people that jumped into STALKER straight from CoC and never played the original games.

Well fuck them tb h. Unless they pulled some stupid gimmicky shit like Fallout i really fail to see the problem, im fine with change.

>Because it'd sell

But Stalker would sell so much more

>and it won't cause nearly as much of a shitstorm if it is bad.

Well thats true

A Roadside Picnic has though

Oh, right. I absolutely loved Far Cry 2's concept, I really didn't like the execution though. Maybe I should replay with mods.

>Unless they pulled some stupid gimmicky shit like Fallout i really fail to see the problem
>Unless they pulled some stupid gimmicky shit like Fallout
Oh lad, you have no idea.

>im fine with change.
Don't take what I'm about to say as granted but I heard rumors that Sir Gay wanted STALKER 2 to be an MMO. Would you be fine with that?

>But Stalker would sell so much more
And as I said, Cossacks would be much easier to make.

>Oh lad, you have no idea.

Well i don't, if you can enlighten me please do.

>Don't take what I'm about to say as granted but I heard rumors that Sir Gay wanted STALKER 2 to be an MMO. Would you be fine with that?

Well no, you have a point.

Devs had apparently wanted to do what was basically Far Cry 3, what with all those outposts and animals, but less dumbed-down. But as such, rushed development happens and the rest is history. Wish the developers had been given a real chance by Ubishit, they could have worked out something really good.
I replayed the game multiple times on Dylan's mod, it redeems a lot of goodness from the heap of shit the game originally was. One of my famigliae also played it Infamous Fusion, and it's basically Dylan's mod but better if his words are anything to go by. I can't say anything about the latter but I highly enjoyed the former.

What does Dylan's mod do exactly? Does it get rid of niggers respawning right after you killed them? Does it rebalance guns for instance so that the G3 isn't a peashooter and the FAL a deathray?

Personally, the setting is great but its EMPTY.

I don't think there are ANY animals, I may be wrong, and aside from a couple towns, there aren't many NPC's that aren't just dudes with AK's looking to kill you.

It's the gunplay that has me coming back, and the fun of being able to approach different combat situations the right methods.

I particularly enjoyed taking down the convoys, setting mines in the road and then attacking after the blast.

For some reason, FC3 just doesn't do it enough, the gunplay just feels weird, like it doesnt have weight to it. I actually kind of enjoyed FC3 on console when it came out before playing FC2 with Dylands mod, and aferwords it was hard to go back, even with mods. I really disliked the crafting, even though I dont hate crafting in games really, but in FC is feels so fucking grindy. Also a lot the guns look like shit.

I want to like FC4 so bad but just couldn't. Tried to get into it multiple times, I love the setting and craziness the environment throw at you but the gunplay feels dull for some reason to me.

Oh I am well aware of that, havn't read it yet but I did watch Tarkovskys movie(and enjoyed it).

Also just the idea of being a PMC/merc in an open world Africa environment is just like a wet dream for me, which is why I love STALKER so much, its basically that but in its own unique and awesome setting.

Just look up the mod db page, there are barely any mods for FC2 as it is, but it does enough to make it worth replaying FC2.

I plan to play the Infusion mod next time I give it a go, its suppose to be even better than Dylans(as well as being built off it I think).

>PMC/merc in an open world Africa environment is just like a wet dream for me

Why won't you enlist IRL?

To keep it short, it basically unfucks the AI (e.g. the patrols don't chase you into the literal end of earth), completely unfucks the gunplay (e.g. G3 is not a peashooter and FAL is also not a deathray). Respawns are lowered to a muuuuuch more acceptable level, yes. Acceptable enough that I was never bothered by them at least, but my opinions are not objective obviously.

People (including me) go back to one or two of the following things: Atmosphere or the interesting gunplay. It's both for me. I know there's Ziggy's mod to unfuck the gunplay but the atmosphere doesn't tick at all. It just ain't it.

It makes me sad that STALKER could've been much closer to RSP. STALKER has WAY too much shooting and human enemies for my tastes.

>STALKER has WAY too much shooting and human enemies for my tastes.

This, plus the gunplay is shit. They should have went the other way arround, less enemies and more accurate and powerful weapons, less shooting but a lot more fun when you do shoot.

Becuase I have a pretty comfortable life as it is. I almost wish sometimes I was delt a shittier card(not that I have a good one by any means) and joined the military and went that route.

At the same time, real life gun fights are completely different from movies and are fucking terrifying, and not many movies capture that well, just how intense it is to have someone fucking fire at you with an assault rifle, or how hard it is to hold your shit together in the middle of a fire fight.

STALKER captures this in game form, especially ZoA mod, which is making me fall in love with it right now.

tldr; if I had nothing better going for me I probably would.

ots 04

Did that guy make the stalker archive? I need stalker related images.

sr1m

I actually like the tropical atmosphere, it just doesn't feel as gritty though. Shooting enemies in FC2 is more satisfying than 3 and I have no fucking idea why.

I think I tried Ziggys mod too and while I liked what it did, it cant help the guns feeling like shit, even with better ballistics. Firing a gun in that game just isn't satisfying.

is that the cz - 52?

Hey werejew, how come you like the weapons from BF4 so much? Just curious, I like a lot of them as well but just curious.

not him but they're really fucking well done compared to the shit he usually has to rip from mods

Is that can you read?

Did you read

sr1m turned out nothing, i should have searched for sr1m pistol...rude ass cunt

mk 21 extrema ratio

Yeah, no. BF4 models are average at best.

Werejew did you put any attention to the world models or they aren't a priority right now

Do slavs like weed?

Hey /sg/
I want to replay Shadow of Chernobyl again, for the third time now.
What's the best absolute mod(s) you reccomend?
I know that I should get Shaders MAX, Absolute Nature and Buildings, but that's just graphical mods.
What's the best gameplay-wise mod you reccomend?

Yes. Who doesn't?
t. slav

DUDE

Since Afghan, yes.

AMK: Autumn Edition
the 1.4.1 version

I tried installing that once
I have the steam version so I had to do some fuckery on the registry and whatnot. Never managed to install it for some reason

DO I need to install those gfx mods with that?

>I had to do some fuckery on the registry and whatnot
You don't need to do that.

Game version needs to be set to 1.0004
The install comes with a 1.0004 downgrader patch.

I don't use the ENB. It disagrees with my system. If ENB is bad for you as well, just choose no ENB in optional.

Maybe it's because English is not my native language but what the hell does "kitchen sink" mean in the mod flowchart?

Thanks for the tips, downloading it now

Can't wait to do some late night stalkin'

A thing that shouldn't be related to Stalker, but is included in said soup.

Now that you mention it, I don't even really know what Soup is supposed to mean either.

That's for describing those mods which throw in pretty much everything in, even the sort of things you wouldn't ever want to see or use.

You know how soups are made by mixing a variety of different materials together in the same pot? Kitchensink mods have a similar mentality: Mix a lot of related and/or unrelated in oen mod to make one big mixture of a mod. This term comes from Slav modders.
The word 'soup' is easier to write than 'kitchen sink' so the former is generally the more heavily-used term from my observations.