/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1420
dropbox.com/s/vn2l20dxq1zrqcy/kitchensink_images.7z?dl=0
stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1802
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694199414
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a bugged leader

I wanted to replace my fleet leader with a new one because he's already 120 years old and now he is stuck in that fleet even though it claims the new one is busy in that fleet as well

and I placed the old one into several other fleets...

Kick him out is the only way to fix it

fuck...

Does anyone have screenshots of crisis events?
I heard there were Sentinels for the Swarm?

first for synth love

gibgibgibgibgibgibgibgibgibgibgib

Oh I remember why I didn't purge earlier now. There is an FE right near me that hates purging. Fuck

> Load my game for the first time since Clarke
> My frogs used to be green, yellow, black, or red
> Now come in a homosexual rainbow of diversity
AM I BEING ENRICHED?

I am the guy from last thread who said he specializes in physics research with only 3 planets 82 years into the game

this is how I win wars

fucking #shrekt

So, how dead is corvette evasion spam?

only slightly

It's pretty dead, fampai.
Bigger ships now have more ehp per fleetcap for the most part.

> non-details mapmode still shows ugly sectors and a trillion big red [!] markers all over the galaxy
> I just want to take nice screenshots
Thanks Paraducks. For the first time ever you make a game that doesn't always look like a piece of shit and you still manage to ruin it with a messy UI that can't be turned off.

Does Planetary Shield Generator give new graphics to the planet?

use the console

I think it's so shit no one has ever tried it ou.

Well, for me it's pretty damn fucking dead.
I even got the rare anomaly that gives me another 15% evasion and corvettes still drop like fucking flies.

Also did they increase the rate admirals acquire traits?
This nigga started with only one at level 3

Ask again when it's possible to afford wasting a surface tile on non-research or energy buildings without gimping your empire, and when spaceports and ground based defenses are actually worth their energy upkeep.

Not bad pham

I baited him to warp right into my fleet so I had who knows how many days of warp wind down to abuse

How do you manage resources?
Frontier Outposts?

1 big planet for energy 1 big planet for science and home planet for minerals

yeah, I have a couple outposts but I think I regret this already

I constantly struggle with energy because I have too many

fleet is only 100 energy but stations are 200... so I am thinking about destroying some stations... or maybe take a 4th planet and make it energy science hybrid...

why you do this paracucks

Now that corvettes have been nerfed, what are the most efficient fleets and with which sections/weapons?

Research your weapons and figure that shit out on your own

To punish you for your shitty memeblog.

How much have you done in physics research?
Got the weapons you want?

From your battle screenshot it looks like you're pretty powerful, so maybe you should expand more for energy/mineral and other kinds of research.

Maybe find proles/earthbounds to uplift for efficient nminerals and energy if you have the 2 +trait points tech in society.

BB/rangefinder y/n?
Also are there any actually good mods besides expanded war demands out there?

Is genetically enhanced still considered a difference race in 1.1?

Enhanced tooltip looked kind of neat, but after you've already played the game and studied the wiki maybe it's not that important.

By hovering Individualism it lists the unique buildings you get access to for example.

Curious to hear about civilian trade if anyone has tried it.

>and when spaceports and ground based defenses are actually worth their energy upkeep.
When they work. in MoO planets have stronger versions of shields and shields had flat damage reduction part so planets could be literally unpenetrable to anything but top tier weapons.

Beautiful Battles is neat, but all it does is scale the ships down and changes some ranges. Formation spacing stays the same, so ships are super tiny and very far apart.
It definitely makes for better scale, but I can barely see any of the ships in my fleet if I zoom in to watch the carnage.

Rangefinder I have not messed with.

>civilian trade
Wannabe DW:U/Avrora private sector?

exp war demands don't work for me on 1.1. Has it been updated? Every time I try to use one of the added demands the war never starts.

>Curious to hear about civilian trade if anyone has tried it.

I cant say a lot since the traders spawn as enemies to me and nothing seem to fix it,

>purging waifus
why

>tfw game is moving so slowly
>tfw I realised I have it paused

Which one are you using?

>Bigger ships now have more ehp per fleetcap for the most part.
Yeah what?
BB is 8 fleet cap. Could be boosted to 5500 HP at 16.5% dodge. 823 EHP per 1 fleetcap
Corvette is 1 cap. Combat corvete is 600 HP at 55% dodge. 1330 EHP per 1 cap.
Shifter Tankvette is whooping 960 HP at 55%. 2133 EHP per 1 cap.

meant for
>what is armor

also
>assuming you will have crystal forged every time
Yeah nah.

When do these expire?

GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB

That is exactly the point.

It is ridiculously easy to take a planet, even though orbital bombardment does fuckall damage to population and structures.

Planets need to be harder to take, and it should be a meaningful strategic decision what kind of invasion I pull off.

Do I use surgical strikes and drop a batallion or three of Marauder-suited Mobile Infantry into the enemy capital, army command psts, etc., leaving most things intact?
Or do I carpet bomb a drop zone the size of Montana, land with ten Space Marine Legions and a Titan Legion or two and fuck their shit up?
Or do I combine both approaches?

The game mechanics to pull this off are actually in place, 'morale' damage and actual damage is simulated.

I know, I know.
>le DLC merchant faec

REMOVE TOASTER

You can literally make any combo work, I don't understand people who relied upon torvettes to do well.

COMMANDER UNDER ATTACK
COMMANDER UNDER ATTACK
COMMANDER UNDER ATTACK

this one

stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1420

there another?

>tfw MoO3 will never be the game it could have been
It hurts.

when you stop purging :^)

There's another Expanded War Demands.
Anyway I use the one you linked and it just werks.

>Planets need to be harder to take, and it should be a meaningful strategic decision what kind of invasion I pull off.
I'd like it if they didn't necessarily engage in battle just because you landed.

Like you land armies, they take control of a few positions and then they fortify there or something, while waiting for more reinforcements and/or bombardments.

changed policy, didn't help.

Desu crystal plating should just be removed from debris and armor tech split into ablative (+hp), reflective (+percentage reduction) and absorptive (+flat reduction) armor modules.
>announce your no purge policy from atop a smoking mound of xeno corpses
>expect everyone to be immediately be happy again

>Desu crystal plating should just be removed from debris
Naeh

Any Distant Worlds Universe players here?
I'm new to this and have the basics down, i only have one autistic request and that's custom ship designs.
I am too retarded to search and there is too much shit,
my request is for someone to point me towards custom ship design mods and how they can be applied to a race of my choosing that i want to start with.
Don't like the Human ship designs, but would also like to see what custom fan made designs there are, just don't know where to look for this.

using 1.1?

New-ish (ie: just dicked around and learned some tutorial stuff, played a couple failed states) to the game. Building a race of militaristic, individualist materialist bird people with a military republic.

Can someone give me some advice towards building Influence? Every time I've messed around in game this seems to be my downfall.

nope, is that a bug?

I should probably specify Stellaris. I forgot to do that.

>resources say I have 0/4 belthorian stone
>good have built 4 on my core power world
>one building short on resources
>ok must be on another planet
>AI might have built one I missed demolishing
>check every planet all 29 of them
>no other belthorian power plants
ugh

Do you have the latest version?
The one in Skymode is of 20/5 while the newest is 2/6.

Thanks beforehand.

Rival everyone
Don't build outposts unless absolutely imperative
State builder oriented society researcher
Biolabs

yeah, think it was fixed in 1.1

Don't waste it. Influence is very limited resource. Only enact edicts and policies when you can afford them.
Don't overdo frontier outposts as they have have both high upfront cost and monthly upkeep. Dismantle them as soon as you don't need them.
Keep a reserve of at least 200 at all times so you can afford a frontier outpost if you need it.
Research the influence granting techs and build the empire capital complex as soon as you can as that gives bit more extra influence too.

>playing stellaris while listening to fletwood mac
>little lies comes on
>at one point there's a sound in the song that's exactly like the leader has died sound
Got me good.

dropbox.com/s/vn2l20dxq1zrqcy/kitchensink_images.7z?dl=0

I you like any of the in-game designs from images\units\ships you can go into races and change DesignsPictureFamilyIndex to whatever you want in human.txt, otherwise you'd have to go digging on the forums.
Also, I'd generally recommend using the AI improvement mod merged (drag and drop on top of it) with the Chrome UI mod.

Not sure about which Government to take for my Raptors. Hit me stellaris lads.

You must have accidentally build an extra. Just remove the one that is non functional.

I really like the fact that you start pre-FTL. Unfortunately I never got into it, I'll probably try it again some time

Military junta

no I have this one the 20/5 one
stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1802

the portraits don't quite line up perfectly in some places but it's not as bad as some other portrait mods used before 1.1. Still playable. Would like updated one if anyone has it?

Should I just expand out a little bit at a time while focusing my resources on my colonized worlds and my navy? I always make contact with these huge sprawling empires that seemed to have expanded with no issues.

Mega Corporation
Raptors took hold of InGen and then the rest of the world

That's what I check too. Only have the 4 built on my core worlds. I'll check one more time then fuck it.

clever girls

it just timed out in 1.0. Took a fuckton of time but it worked.

Ah thanks.

Colonizing doesn't require influence.
Just don't rely on frontier outposts too much. They should be used to temporarily secure an area before you colonize it, secure far out strategic resources or otherwise extremely rich areas and holding key areas from enemy border push. They shouldn't be your way to expand.

You sure you still have 4 stone too?
If you do chances are you just have one more that you have missed.

Just be sure not to get the 1.05 clusterfuck-merge version if you do grab the AI mod, 1.04 is what you want if you want to stick with the vanilla experience.

Military Junta I like slightly more, so Military Junta it is.

Also, shamelessly posting mod again, Roman/Russian/German/Italian/French namelists
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694199414

>you look over to see what shitter is attacking your commander
>it's 4 strategic bombes
gg
no re

That Chrome UI mod is by that DasTactics guy right?
Seen some of his vids, pretty good stuff.
Wonder if he will do a Total Warhammer series or do some Twitch streaming finally.

Maybe it's some spaceport module

Is liberate-integrate better or should I just cede straightforward?

>You sure you still have 4 stone too?
yep all still within my borders. Holy fuck I checked all the planets again. Can't fucking find it.

Betharian stone is only used for the power plant though.

just won a war

time to purge

Battleships
Just battleships

Resources are not shared between sectors, maybe either the building or the resource are sectored?

Just clog their guns with wreckage

Yes

I could see tachyon and hangar + point defense + tank combo working just fine, especially if the ships actually do what they are supposed to now.

>liberate-integrate
well you can't do that, all liberate does is create another empire with your ethos.
I think you mean vassalise-integrate, and ceding is probably quicker/better but it depends what your aims are. A big vassal can be handy

Boy, I sure don't miss a "Research All" button

Land armies are gay and micro hell in every game and/or not important at all
Instead planets should have system wide space defense coverage. Huge Orbitals, planet based weapons etc so that dearming a planet is a serious undertaking