/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Lewd drawfag please deliver edition

>50% Renown Boost active through Monday, May 30th at 12AM EST.

Discord server for organized group play:
discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: not yet made

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous thread:

Is uplay down?

Hey Friends and Operators, glad to see another thread up.

Are we dead?

Yes, we are
RIP

No, Dust Line ops just temporarily killed the game. In a couple weeks when they get nerfed once Ubisoft isn't making money off of them we should be fine.

I hope to god BB gets nerfed
Rest are fine but holy fuck
>that invisible shield coupled with allready shitty visibility of siege making you realize what killed you only in killcam
>that shield with 0 downsides to having it on
>that shield that takes 2 spaz shots up close or a full mag of everyhing else
>that shield with flawless visibility that doesn't hinder but actually improves accuracy
>coupled with a good, solid rifle

Other guys are fine but fuck bb

Game alone is nowhere near as fun as playing with a friend.
Had 5 hours of solid fun with the delicious destruction yesterday but today alone it got boring quick

No Valk is practically pre-patch Frost with an ability that is much more powerful than a couple easy to spot mats.

Mats are fucking harder to see than the goddamn kapkan traps
They are so shit their only use is to force enemy to waste breaching charges and explosives

And even only if you are facing an wasteful dumb enemy, because normal people lean and shoot it with a pistol

I've gotten literally one kill using trapkan and it was from a guy who shot the trap and I was waiting for him on the other side with saiga

>Whining: the posts

>point out broken aspects in otherwise balanced game
>point out flaws in an ubisoft title who is mostly known for shitty and broken games
>le stop whining

>season pass owner

>I don't know how to flank and I hate adapting to new mechanics, so I will whine about them instead of becoming the true MVP
>
>I have not saved up enough in-game currency or have not learned about afk farming because I haven't played the game long enough to make informed opinions about it anyway

>Season Pass: The Owner

>S-SHUT UP, YOU'RE MAKING SENSE! I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE BAD AT THIS GAME. THERE'S NO WAY OTHERS HAVE ADAPTED ON EQUAL FOOTING TO ME, THEY MUST HAVE PAID EXTRA

Flanking and c4 isn't a counter to BB it's a counter to literally every operator.
There are no counters for bb like there are for other operators

>Blackbeard: The Player

>I don't know how to flank a guy often being invulnerable behind his tiny shield pinning down everyone in LOS surrounded by his entire team on the lookout for anyone flanking

BB is an operator with tunnel vision, he's only covered from the front, is slow when moving around, and has a random recoil pattern when his shield is on.

Flanking is doubly effective against him. You get even a bit of an angle on him and he's dead, because his rifle shield is extremely flat. A little angle from above or below will also do the trick

C4 against him is what a retard would do, and would only work in very limited scenarios.

The counter to BB is literally intel and using your brain to flank, not going against him head on

Good luck getting c4 in. Unless it's a rare situation where they break in and are oblivious to you while you are standing within the 3ft tossing range.

BB is just broken.
Other shields have severe downsides to being frontally unkillable and they are still hard to kill
BB has no downsides other than having to lean to become completely invulnerable

Even something like limited visibility or slower aiming movement would help a lot but no, you get better stability on your weapon with shield on

>entire team on the lookout for flankers
>as attackers

Oh good, then they won't ever move into the objective room.

Shame a lot of players are not playing with a pub team who only get on chat to tell people GG

If this general is going to turn into consolebabbies and bad playes whining about balance, I'd rather it stayed dead tbqh.

Even most BB players agree BB is broken

>you get better stability on your weapon with shield on
Flat out untrue. The recoil pattern becomes randomized.

>BB has no downsides
Slow and tunnel vision when shield is up

This is on pub players, not on balance concerns. Play with buddies for actual operating and good intel for sick flanks

BB could use a nerf, but it's not for the reasons people cite him to be broken. Which is what really rustles my jambles. The reasons people parrot here are literally git gud, the posts

>BB could use a nerf, but it's not for the reasons people cite him to be broken. Which is what really rustles my jambles. The reasons people parrot here are literally git gud, the posts
Why does he need a nerf then? What is op about him in your opinion

A L L M E
t. Blackbeard player

Reducing the number of bullets it takes to break his shield would make sense, except you don't want to be shooting at the shield in the first place and risk "oh, are these couple of bullets going to finally break it or am I gonna die?" If you have to ask that, you'll be dead, even if they reduce the number of bullets it takes

Increasing the recoil when the shield is on and taking damage would be a good idea, although not seriously game changing

Like Serenity suggested, making it so that he can only hold his rifle up for limited periods of time before having to put it back down would nerf his ability to hold down a defuser once it's planted. Which I think is the most OP and silliest part about him (once the defuser is down and BB is watching it, it's GG)

>momma, people disagree with me on the internet!

Know what I've always agreed with you
I've always wanted to nerf BB by making shield easier to see for others to make his identification easier and reducing his FOV while the shield is off, say making outside the black markings area solid or making his aiming slower.
But the reduced hold up time makes so much sense and I love it.

You know what you did and it didn't work since you quoted all the 3 people on this thread as yourself

He is just as vulnerable to being shot from behind as any other operator. It isn't doubly effective you retard.
Again, there is no counter to black beard that isn't a flat counter to everyone

whoa
so this is the power...
of ubisoft shill bux...

except when he corners himself and leans from behind an unpenetrable wall, meaning he's literally invincible
Yeah some of his head peeks out but good fucking luck finding these pixels while you're reacting to a random enemy shooting at you and trying to see the faint change of color to identify it's blackbeard so you know how to look.
Good luck doing all that sub 1 second, keep in mind you allready wasted third of that reacting to the fact you're not alone

Asking for a direct counter for Blackbeard is like asking for a direct counter for Buck. There isn't one. Just good intel and flanking, ie, the soft counters to everyone.

A direct counter to operators with gadgets like Thermite's make sense, but when it's literally just a gun attachment that you're dealing with, how would you deal with implementing a counter? A fucking special laser gun that can shoot through his shield?

I'm glad you're not a game designer

lol thats like saying buck is actually a problem

Im not asking for a direct counter, im saying "flank him" isn't good response when people complain.
Try not strawmanning

>Implying he can't fuck your shit up

It is a good response. It is the response you give to anyone who insists on whining about this topic because they haven't learned what it's like to play with a coordinated team that calls out shit and plays mind games with their opponent

Furthermore, BB is the ultimate pub stomp pick. This is not debatable, because to beat him you need communication and intel.

To balance shit tailored to pubs is a terrible idea, however. You never want to do that. It just dumbs the game down

>there are blackbeard sympathizers
>in this thread
>right now

>Woooooow I keep shooting this guy's face shield head on but he won't die!
>Wooooooooooooooow

dude i also play blackbeard lmao

He's among my least played operators, but, you know, whatever. Just keep shitposting

>Other shields have severe downsides to being frontally unkillable and they are still hard to kill
You can shoot shileds in the hand while fucking up their hipfire accuracy, works for medium/long range. You can't do anything similar with shitbeard. Even if you encounter him when he just crouches, you will get killed anyway, because you aim and shoot in the invincible head, everyone does it in this game, including that BB you are shooting at, so he'll just either headshot you instantly or bodyshot you to death while you are changing your aim from head to body.

>majority of people say he's broken
>majority of BB players say he's broken
>one user who happens to say it's his least played says he's not broken

Gee I wonder who I'll side with.

>Let me go with what the majority of people say instead of thinking for myself and listening to disagreeing arguments
>Least played in a pool of operators played for 400 hours, which is still a fair chunk to form an informed opinion when using BB and far more than enough going AGAINST BB as Defenders

A+

I just wanted to add to the whole Blackbeard argument: his shield increases his accuracy. By a lot. As in it looks like he has the same recoil that consoles have. There are literally no penalties for having shield out; in fact, it gives so many benefits you'd have to be retarded not be having it out all the time once inside the building.

>but he's slow
No one gives a shit since most operators tend to go through buildings slowly to reduce noise and cover corners properly.

>just flank him
Good job giving advice that applies to every operator available. Good luck trying to do that when his team is alive.

>just shoot his body, not his head
This is where the accuracy thing becomes a problem. Most people in this game aim for the head, no debating about it. Even the worst players can get a headshot because the almost nonexistent recoil allows BB to heashot people incredibly fast. Faster than you're able to identify him mid encounter and switch to body shotting him. If everybody goes for the head first, how the fuck are you supposed to contest BB? Do you honestly believe you're fast enough to switch your aim while BB just keeps shooting your head off? This is not even taking to account you TRYING to flank him, but get spotted because a decent team would be covering each other, so now you have to deal with BB and whoever was covering him.

OOOH classy, taking "think for yourself" argument out for people who regularly experience black beards big bong

>Let me go against the vast majority of people who sunk hundreds of hours into this game and play at a variety of ranks because I'm a special snowflake.
>Let's balance the game around me and me alone, hire me Ubisoft!

You're not thinking for yourself, you're thinking obnoxiously.

>His shield increases his accuracy

Go and test it in an empty house map. Spray against a wall with the SCAR-H with compensator on and no shield. Strafe to the side, fire it again with the shield on, full spray. Compare results a couple of times for reference. Post screenshots.

His shield randomizes recoil. You cannot compensate for it, as you can with other guns.

If you don't see the advantage in speed and the hindrance that is 1 speed versus the constant danger of flankers, specially indoors, then I don't know what to tell you.

Flanking him is doubly important because of his frontal advantage. This applies to all attackers but more so to him, which is why you need solid intel and good Valk camera placement is more important than ever for informed call outs.

Encountering a BB head on is almost always going to be a death sentence precisely because of how he works. You're not supposed to fight him head on. If you're forced to, then he's played you and you weren't good enough to get positions on him and his team.

Like I said, his shield is extremely flat. Even a bit of an angle on him, up, down, or from the sides, means it's a clean headshot for you.

When all else fails, shotgunning a blackbeard is often a guaranteed kill since the bullet spread will often go where his shield isn't and get you that one to two shot kill

Nobody sprays anyway, really short bursts or semi auto is viable

Especially with BB when you have the time to aim and know it

>Backpedalling
His guns are not more accurate with the shield on. Their recoil is higher and it's randomized. Go try it.

>52 replies
>8 posters
BB killed the game

BB killed discussion of the game, because now this general only revolves around shitters crying about him.

Legit balance changes can be in order, sure, but people make him out to be some unstoppable God that he really isn't.

>backpedaling

Right, I'm away for a bit trying to do exactly what you told me and you're replying to a different user saying I'm backpedaling.

meant to quote this instead of this sorry

>expecting me to know it wasn't you in an anonymous image board

I've been playing blitz.
All my kills have been with a single ADS pistol shot.

Switch gun to semi and literally 0 downsides.

Did ps4 get new headgears?

The strength of BB's shield is that he can see, shoot, and block bullets all at the same time. If you can mitigate one or two of those factors, you can remove his total dominance while still making him viable.

The idea that I've seen a few times is "horse blinders," sort of. If you divide the shield into three parts, but make it so that you can only see through the middle third, all of a sudden, there's a real drawback to having it on all the time.

I've included a microsoft paint simulation for your convenience.

Please read the points made above, nobody feels like repeating them for you.

>people still haven't learned that the secret to a dead blackbeard 9 times outta 10 is to shotgun him, even if you encounter him head on indoors, because the spread at close to close-mid range fucks him up and his shield doesn't matter

I've gotten so many clutches off like this, people seriously underestimate shotguns

If you make the black parts take more damage while the front takes less, I could get on board with this idea.

I don't think it's what they're going to do though.

They're much more likely to make accuracy go nuts when you're getting shot at, or implement the "hold up shield for limited time" thing that was mentioned before.

We should seriously rename the next OP to "Blackbeard General"
This is getting out of control

Ofcourse people are pissed. BB is broken.
>Lets make an operator that breaks basic game mechanics

I miss not being surrounded by bleeding idiots

this may be the worst thread this general has ever seen

And you had the honor (or misfortune) of being part of it

The only reason I keep coming is the Teamspeak, the general itself is trash

I've been here since the beta and it hasn't ever been this bad to be honest.

Besides it's much better than the huge amount of waifu faggotry (it's not as bad over here) or the name calling there is in the other generals.

>Usually forced to pick boring operators because no-one else does, but we'll need them.
>pick ash for a few games
>down a pulse thats caught me offguard withbreaching charge
>few games later use breach charge gun against a moveable barricade and get a kill

Ash is fun, I need to stop picking people just because no-one else will.

Yes, yes you do. Specially if it's casual. It literally does not matter, you can fuck around. Thermite isn't as vital as everyone makes him out to be

Okay so I know everybody's getting tired of the BB discussion (although really it did keep the general alive for a while) I still feel obligated to post these webms since the user asked for it.

So I tested BB shooting a full magazine from his SCAR in this first webm. The first two windows show off no compensation, meaning I let them spray at their own will. Of course this is not ideal, it does sort of back up my previous statement of bad players being able to get easier headshots, but you have to be brain dead to not try and compensate

Next to windows show off compensation. There is nothing here nor the previous times I did this on other maps (before I settled with this one as I liked the windows being good targets) that show off a drastic increase in accuracy. Likewise, there is nothing here showing that you can't compensate the shield. There are no real drawbacks to accuracy when you use the shield.

Of course, this is style of emptying the magazine is unrealistic in a high level match. Next webm will show off bursts.

>eGe clan

They did, but the devs removed them. Apparently they were accidentally released too early.

wow you proved everyhting, BB is most underpowered class in the world because all siege players are too stupid to compensate for recoil. Thanks for proving that every single siege player always full auto magdumps to get kills, always!

Looks like we're finally getting rook headgear now. And twitch.

Sorry it took a while. Webm converter kept cutting it off too short. Anyways, for these bursts, I followed the same trails as the first webm: first two windows no attempt compensate, next two windows attempting to compensate.

The first trail with no compensation shows a small advantage to shield. I take it because for the horizontal recoil to kick in like the last webm, you have to be continuously shooting with shield. Still, the no shield bursts are nothing bad, meaning there is only a small increase in accuracy for shield.

Next one I'm debating on whether it is accurate or not. I had a slightly more difficult time compensating the no shield bursts as the recoil would jack up the sight really quick, and I wanted to reset and fire continuous bursts quickly. Shield bursting was more easier and accurate for me, but I feel that compensation in general is an individual skill based thing and not based on the gun's accuracy. For that reason you can take the last trail with a grain a of salt.

Next and final webm will cover strafing while shooting.

If you take that stick out of your ass for a second, you'd know I'm mainly posting these because I was asked to. Whether you want to use them to be anti-BB or pro-BB is up to you, but I don't know why you're surprised to see me follow up on someone telling me to do this.

Hey fags, I'm planning to get the starter edition, and I wanted to hear the general consensus of this thread, is it worth it?

You should buy it, it's really fun if you think about what you're doing and going to do.

Also, this thread is kind of a bad indicator since it's pretty much just 10 people wanking each other off about how one operator is overpowered. It's not usually like this.

Final webm: strafing. First two windows show off a typical scenario for most people, which is to shoot from cover like this. Because this is in burst, once again I feel that the shield gets the edge, but it's barely noticeable. If anything the only true advantage here is the shield itself.

Next set of windows is firing a full magazine while walking across. This is to mimic prefiring open areas while moving across the room, something that is done pretty commonly in games. Result was shield has a clear advantage. This is mostly due to how recoil for shield tends to go horizontal, so moving across like this favors the shield, whereas without it you now also have to control its upward movement which is made much more difficult while moving.

Final thoughts: well he's certainly not game breaking like people tend to picture him as, but he does require some nerfing. Thermite got nerfed. Kapkan got nerfed. Frost got nerfed. I see no reason why Blackbeard would not get nerfed.

It's a good game, buy it. As for people claiming this is a bad thread, don't worry about it too much. Discussion of a video game is not bad, whether it's criticism or blogposting (just keep both low). If you want to see a truly bad thread, go to one of the big ones. They're overrun with shitposters and waifufags. We keep both fairly low, honestly.

nobody cares about your webms

Don't be mean user

Thank you for the video evidence mang

>Cheesy looking Adrian helmet for Rook
>It's a tier 3 30k renown headgear
That shit's at least a tier 2

user who requested them here, thanks man. Will check them out when I get home later today, I'm out and on phone right now

I know it doesnt matter, but losing every game because teammates rush into bottlenecks/die instantly is a pain, I end up having to 1v5 and it usually doesnt work out in my favour.

I always did find Blackbeards recoil to be a little bit off sometimes.

Kinda strange wouldn't the shield lower recoil?

It's a really good game, legit. Even if it's by ubi. It's literally the only good ubi game released this decade.

I spent 3 days trying to fix a completely fucking broken game, and I was angry and frustrated. Honestly it was worth the work to get it to work.

Get it as cheap as possible tho

I think they should make the sound the cluster charge makes when it's about to be placed should be softer. I can clearly hear it being placed and headshot fuze through the wall.

I never play him but it just feels kind of underpowered to me.

Idunno, never had people spot me as fuze.
Today I was sitting right under a hatch and suddenly heard "FOMP FOMP FOMP FOMP"
I didn't hear a thing and I hadn't moved at all.

Even if its audible fuze can ask people to generate noise while he does it.

An new operator whose gimmic is they make noise would be great.
>masks shield movement
>masks repositioning
>masks device setups
it'd be great.

Blackbeard and gla are getting good ones next

I managed to get my second ever trap kill by kapkan
I hid it in a barbed wire.

After I died to a similiar trapkan. I swear I didn't see any lasers or anything.

I now have 2 trapkan kills after playing it the most as defence for in my 10 hours of playtime. Even if the traps don't work he's still a great roamer

How do I get more trapkan kills, what are best meta kapkan strats
I think my biggest weakness is not knowing the maps

I got it a couple days ago and I do not regret it, it's a lot of fun once you get used to the games pace. As for I picked it up for like 25 from a key site. It was a Uplay key but you're forced to use it anyway so it doesn't matter.

Anyone have thoughts on the poverty version of this game? Does anyone know if shit unlocked during free weekend might carry over?

it propaply carries over like it always does.

Taiwanese operators when?

BOPE when

>Be me
>want to set up my turret in peace
>Valk starts shit, tries to be funny with TK
>Leg her
>notice I have 1 hp left and she's down bleeding out
>revive and cancel
>set up tachanka to fuck with her
>she tries to crawl away
>block her with armor shield
>keep revivecancelling until the little prick ragequits after death

Freedom when?

>one of the guys complaining above has 10 hours of playtime
Oh
Yeah that makes sense

>Mercenaries
>Neutral Evil

>Bandit
>Chaotic Neutral

Did the person making these simply go off of SoC? The entire series portrays the Bandits as faggots while Mercenaries just did whatever the highest bidder told them to do. Both need to be switched around.