The art of scamming

Have you ever been scammed, Veeky Forums? What were the best and worst scams you've dealt with or heard of?

[spoiler]Have you ever scammed someone?[/spoiler]

of course not officer

How about you go first, OP?

I was that guy that would scam in mmorpgs

i have been scammed, like putting money on hashocean.. i knew it was a scam too, was just curious how long the ponzi would last

i put my money into hashbrowns
now I'm fat

#ScammedByFood

> sign up for Amazon Prime, it's free!

bump

These are some ancient memes

I didn't realise this was /archaeology/

-Bro these eggs are worth 2 m hella rare.
-Trade me I'll double it, okay now try 2m. *logout
-Rune G is 3.5M! Wanna buy?
-Follow me into this, okay pass the barrier. Okay now that we in lvl 24 wildy I'll show u the glitch. FRIENDS KILL HIM. *Lol fag had FULL inventory on him.
-Pick a color flower! Bets.

Don't get me on diablo duping or nexon or borderlands trades.

>People still think Nigerians are behind it when it's 80% Indian 30% your next door neighbor on disability benefits.

>Thatsthejoke.jpg

>best scam you've ever dealt with

Love

former front desk manager at a major business class hotel. i've seen them all. but the ones where I would say a lot of people are making money are usually those things like Mary Kay. its a pyramid but actually its working for a lot of people. its just about turning over the wrong people. there is also some energy drink ones that I believe must have some addictive shit in them that seem to do pretty well. its was always changing names.

child super star ones, child model, child television ones are bottom of the barrel and truly seem to pray on the poorist people out there.

but pyramids with tangible products seem like they have enough money to at least rent an expensive meeting room every month and give away some cars.

Nice dub trips

I got chargebacked for $1000 USD for TF2 items.

The guy was in Italy, and paypal was like "Nothing we can do"

Heres a tip: Do not sell all at once to one guy.

Sold 20 total gift cards on Ebay. The last one I sold was a 20$ Amazon card. I was emailing the codes to save on shipping cost. I emailed code. PayPal charged back for (((hacked account.))) . Out 20 dollar card.

In college, I was in a stores parking lot, when two dudes in a van show up all excited about the extra speakers they had received. They had some long story about a dude at a loading dock who didn't speak english giving them extra speakers and showed this "brochure" with list price of like 1200. So I bought 2 massive speakers for 300 out of a van. It is actually a pretty common scam. Although they worked, they were some generic brand probably worth like 100.

Flash2:wave: TRIMMING RUNE FOR FREE!!!!!!@@@@

bump

I'm the guy that invented the wildy lure. Not the one where you trade people just across the barrier without them knowing, but the one where I run around luring them into the multi zone.

Made some mad bank with that. All those retards flaunting their 15m equipment who go "check it out, this noob is drunk and wearing a santa! I better chase him!!"

Good times.

There was one goin about like this around 10 years ago around Heathrow in London. A guy would drive up and show you laptops he was selling, he would show you a real one out of the box and it would all look good. He'd hand you one but when you'd open the box there was two cartons of orange juice inside.

Got scammed out of 600€ for a computer on eBay in 2003 before they had any meaningfull warranties and purchase protection in place.

I subscribed to stamps.com free membership. never use it until I found there were monthly charges in my credit card for months.

google stamps.com tons of websites about how those fuckers scam the shit out of you.

Got scammed out of my rune armor in runescape.

In college a friend of mine hyped up this mlm to me. I didn't know about this yet and he seemed to be making good money. I hung out with him for like 8 hours one day watching him try to get sales. Then I went to a meeting with him. Got freaked out by the cult-like nature of it and bailed, but not before I gave them my info and the info of 5 people I thought could use their product.

Currently being willingly scammed by bitstorm.biz. Just hoping to ride a ponzi cause my thought was "Break even in 10 days? no scam site will only last for 10 days or less." 3 days away from breaking even so we'll see.

If you're looking to scam people I would do some online bitcoin thing.

Bernie Madoff, best scam of em all

Bought 5 of the balance bracelets at a mall kiosk for $250 when they first came out

they told me they were going to gild mine.

Trumpcoin. Fuck you guys.