pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50259-visual-equipment/
galvs-scripts.com/2015/11/01/mv-message-busts/
a.pomf.cat/phjykb.mp4
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47991-animated-enemies/
a.pomf.cat/qtsiit.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=SLo44DfAvfY#t=6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

firsteelerino

Post maps.

It's only missing the water. Your map's pretty comfy, though.

What do you think will be the main demographic of your game?

People who like shitty games.

What would be the best way to have an upgradeable town?
Should I just change the map every time? I'd have to make hundreds of maps for every possible combination.

Parallax mapping probably, I mean you COULD make tons of the same maps with minor upgrades but just changing the parallax would me better.

One way that folks never seem to mention (this has come up several times before) is just covering up the buildings, then removing the cover once it's fixed. Put the pretty-looking building on the map, then put an event over it with the graphic of a trashy-looking building. Or even no building. Or even both, on different pages. Then just change a var or switch tied to the pages and poof, new building.

Me.

You can:
Make multiple maps
Add parallaxes to hide buildings.
Change tilesets

I don't think there are other options.

Oh. And I guess you could make groups of events that re-position themselves around the map.

Have a few spots with events that change from something like windows have boards with nails > Normal > pretty flowers
And so on.

You could also have a section of the map inaccessible until you get to a certain point, too. Like fence off an area where more people move in later.

Your map doesn't seem to have any focal point or direction. You could move the hill by the entrance right so it's more over the edge of the map, and connect more of the grass patches so they're not like a million little patches of woods.

Can I mix multiple VX and MV tilesets in one map using the TileD plugin? Can it create pixel-based collision detection for pixel-based movement? If so, there's no reason to even use the vanilla map editor anymore other than to have the external maps imported.

weeds.
I cannot type, goddamn. Here have a map of mine.

You can mix tilesets so long as their the same size, I haven't tried for pixel-movement, but it might be possible since TileD was made for any sort of 2D.
Only problem I can think of is it's a little annoying to place events when you can't see what the map looks like.

One of minor locations in my game. I made it as part of expansionpack /remaster of my RPG.

I know double walls are realistic, but aren't they consuming too much space? Are they plot relevant?

I'm bored.

It's time to work on your game!

I'm hoping for an older/mature teen audience, ages 17+ who enjoy storytelling, SMT-inspired gameplay, character develolment, and a plot revolving around dilemmas of individuality and militarism

but realistically it will probably be eaten up by shitty kids on Tumblr instead due to having bright colors, an anime-inspired art style, a ~strong female character~ party member and a ~lgbt~ party member; they will inevitably ignore the plot and its nuances, and the fact that said transgender party member has killed multiple people in his experiments, and said strong female character is an abrasive asshole who stereotypes others, and they'll tell people to play the game because "uwu it has lgbt characters and strong ladies!! U should play it because some of the characters are black omg"

I may be slightly jaded

Weabs

me

Gladiator guy here. Now I have my character graphic and 3 armor pieces (For out of combat.)
Top, bottom and armor.
I'm thinking of using these:
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50259-visual-equipment/
and
galvs-scripts.com/2015/11/01/mv-message-busts/
Is this doable for someone with little/no experience? How hard would it be to rig these up to work together, not to mention tracking armor status?

Jumpy jumpy bots
a.pomf.cat/phjykb.mp4

>all the code is uncommented and most of the """documentation""" is just JSON object definitions
Nice

Folks who like animal people are Furries.
What do you call someone who likes robot people? Robophiles?

>doable for someone with no exp
If you can script, yes; if not, no.

You'd have to figure out how the Visual Equipment plugin determines how to draw faces/chars, then apply that to the bust plugin.

lol Which scripts are you trying to learn, anyway?

I'm trying to figure out the battle system so I can rewrite it. I've read over the code a couple of times and I think I understand how it works, but at a code level I'm not sure how to begin changing it.

Getting way ahead of myself, but is it possible to animate the enemies?

Of course.

I assume you are using MV
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47991-animated-enemies/

Edgelords, Waifufags, People who like convoluted plots dealing with Nihilism, Tumblrtards who think the big bad is empowering to women, Tumblrtards who think the big bad is derogatory to women, Manlets, Devilmaycry fanboys, SMT fanboys, autistic people.

So Veeky Forums in general then?

Is it possible to have the screen shake by pixels in rpg maker? I always found that 32x32 shake to be kinda... cheap and distracting, as if it's just panning the camera left and right by one tile.
Can it be applied to battles too?

Yeah pretty much. It wasn't intended but I'm pretty sure the first three things + autism covers everyone on this website.

redraw complete

You may want to fix the left hand of the left sword maiden

I'm using VX Ace by the way.

the left one's being completely scrapped for the right one lol

atm, the only thing i'm seeing that needs fixing is the spear's left leg

I see, in that case you did good.
That's a nice Miku

yay! glitches i have 0 fucking clue how to fix ( except for the last one )
a.pomf.cat/qtsiit.mp4

What're you using for pixel movement and the jump mechanic?

Comfy.

Here's a test map with some tiles I drew recently. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what country the game is set in.

GaryCXJk - Free Movement for the pixel movement, and the jump is done via events.

Post progress

RPG Maker fans
JRPG fans
Weebs
Indie gamers

My progress is coming to terms with the fact that it's going to be tough to make a shit game much less one that can please my cynical tastes

Still obviously working on it

I know it's bad

But does anyone have a link to VX ace so i can use it for free a torrent or mediafire

I want to buy it
i really do but i just can't afford it right now

IDK how often you deal with pixel coordinates as opposed to map coordinates, but a fix to your current jump system would have to be using them.

If the player's jumping onto a platform's far right side, you only allow them to jump if
>player's collision box pixel width + player's pixel x-coordinate < current tile's right most pixel x-coordinate

If the player's jumping onto a platform from the far left side, you only allow them to jump if
>player's pixel x-coordinate > current tile's left most pixel x-coordinate

Then you'd either manually edit every jump event near an edge with the appropriate check, or use a passability check to the left and right of the jump destination.
If the tile to the right of the jump destination is impassible, use the first check. If the tile to the left is impassible, use the second check.
Or you could do the "RPG Maker dev" solution, and specifically place your jump events only where there won't be issues and give the jump event some graphics.
It might even be better, because it'll give clarity of where you can or cannot jump.

The redraw looks great- not only does that fix all the proportion issues, but it's got more direction and movement to it. The old one was all over the place.

You've got a lot of black clothes though. I wouldn't recolor anything unless it actually is visually a problem, when you use these cut-ins.
They are cut-ins right? I can't remember...

Wow I just cannot direct my comment links or whatever these are called.

Here's an old XP icon sprite I made for a friend so my post isn't useless.

Yeah, they are.

I'm actually not decided on anything color wise yet, especially how the sword girl's just Miku, like pointed out. Even specific details are mostly up in the air.

Do whatever with the rest, but ya gotta keep the middle one in black. It's the rules.

Perverts and people who are furries but don't want to consider themselves as such

You should reply to wrong posts more often if that results in you posting more pantsu

I'm trying to script something for battle in mv, how do I reference the currently selected enemy?

Bumb

What's the most interesting area you have planned out in your game?
bump

Underwater dungeon where you have to collect 33 pieces of a statue head
You move incredible slow and the pieces are hidden in the environment.
One piece is a random drop from the enemies so you won't find all if you run away all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=SLo44DfAvfY#t=6s

Slowed movement isn't the best idea for that. It just sounds tedious.

It absolutely is.
The only purpose of that dungeon is to annoy the player.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to play your game.

Better be a joke game then.

Do you also have a time limit counter to the player drowning?
How about two boss fights in a row, with the first one being a long, drawn out one that consumes the player's MP, and the second one coming out of nowhere and demanding the use of a lot of MP-consuming abilities?
And maybe also having the prize of the dungeon being a super secret weapon that would have been ideal for fighting these two bosses?

A spooky forest infested with psychoactive plants, scary monsters that inflict mental states, and a weird hermit with a loose grip on reality living in its deepest and most psychoactive reaches. Face your fears there and you'll come out as a Berserker.

Becoming a Rogue requires you to break into the School for Scoundrels (too obvious?) through one of the locker rooms, then sneak to the admissions office without getting caught.

As I call it, The Forest Of Anal Cancer.
There is no real rhyme or reason to the map. You need to navigate through a very confusing series of maps. Exit to the Left room and you might end up looking up from below. Several rooms to look like the beginning and several to send you back to the actual beginning.

You interact with wisps to change the teleport path. The more wisps you reach the easier things get (lucky for you) so simply spending time on the puzzle makes progress. It's possible to skip the dungeon if you are clever enough to get it first try, or help an npc on a sidequest. (That may or may not involve an incredibly difficult boss.) The monsters in the forest are also assholes. They spam status conditions and have a chance to unload all of them at once on you with a special skill. Luckily this shit is near the end of the game.

We need more Windsor in the podcasts

bump

The way things are moving currently, probably the Undertale crowd.
Which is a scary thought. Time to redesign my entire game.

>When you realize your game doesn't really have interesting areas.
Time to really redesign my game.

Probably tumblerinos and furries

Is your game about hugging enemies?

No but it goes for the pseudo-wacky style that UT and the Mother games share and has a similar humor style to UT.

You poor thing, was it intentional?

Not really. That kinda humor style is just right up my alley so I just did what I know and like.
Unfortunately that means I might attract the wrong crowd or give off the wrong impression if I ever finish it.

Wouldn't parallax mapping bloat the size of the game, since you'd have multiple images covering each map instead of having just one tilesheet for multiple maps? Or is that one of its few downsides.

Yes it would bloat the size somewhat but it will look much, much better

Shit, is it even possible to make an interesting cave with the RTP?

What's it about? Give the sparknotes version.

No.

Curve some edges and godspeed. RPGMaker hates interesting things.

Tell me why I shouldn't use level 9 compression on my PNGs.

More compression requires more processing power to decompress.

I'm sure everyone's gaming PCs can handle it.

Alright. Not really familiar with sparknotes, but this is the gist of it:
>Color is stolen from world long before protag was born.
>King is one of the few people that have lived through it and still live.
>King tasks protag to discover the cause of the loss of color and to restore it.
>Protag does this.
>End.

That sounds neat. Good luck on finishing it.

He and Souls have mostly been MIA since they started collabing on a game. I miss him, too. We need the comic relief

Thank you user. I'll try for you.

It'll probably be /rpgmg/.

I'm gonna do a techno dungeon. Think Sanctuary Fortress from MP2 and that will pretty much be it in RPG form.

Bump

Can you do me a favor and not remind me of spider guardian?

Party split point!

I lucked out, never had to fight the super bullshit version of it, only played the trilogy edition.

Please do some Mario and Luigi RPG puzzles.

It's for the better. Boost and Spider Guardians were just OP'd by a few overlooks. It wasn't real difficulty like some of the more enjoyable and rewarding bosses, looking at Quadraxis and Emperor Ing. That shit was the best.

Maybe for large HD images. Probably negligible with 7kb spritesheets.