Need advice

user's of the Biz world,
I want riches beyond most, maybe 10 mil by the day i turn 40. im 26 now. Dont care how, but have always done well in what I do, what interests me is making money, the method is whateves. I dont realy want to do anything like drug dealing or gun running.

Currently have job in military making $82,000 a year before taxes, take home about $65k.

Currently in debt, $45k, no interest rate above 6% even credit cards.

Step one: pay off all debt, obviously.
Step two: save X? money to invest in Y?
Step three: profit.

Yes i know what first user will post "get kneepads"

Ask me anything, I have all day and am very bored.

get kneepads

get kneepads

What do you do in the military that pays 82K at 26?

He gives blowjobs to soldiers. They're desperate for lovin and they dont mind blowing their enlistment bonuses.

Put a third of all the money you have in $MGT then sell on Thursday approximately at 12pm (ET)... watch the cash roll in

I am a communications officer that lives off base so I get supplemental income for housing. SoCal housing pay is more than my base pay.

I've been looking at TSLA they're about to drop their model 3 next year and I can only speculate that their stock will skyrocket next year.

Day trading?

Try it I mean you make plenty of money, put some of them in and see how it goes.
Try TDG the latest meme

Is OCS hard to get in to? I majored in criminal justice.

Ten mill by forty is tough. You'll never get there by working military. Your only option is to start a business.

no, I got a 4 yr scholarship from highschool with the caviat that I serve for 4 years upon commissioning. did NROTC (marine option) for 4.5 years and graduated, got my bars, and went to TBS

As long as your GPA is above 3.6 and you can run a 290 or above PFT you're in. I do recommend playing sports and being in clubs, and having some community service under your belt before submiting your package.

I dont know where to start, how much it takes to start but legit all I care about lately is money. ever since i was 9 i had an old paint can that I put change in and i was saving for a ferrari 360.

does anyone have tips for day trading?

I've done some research but still semi clueless, what about hedge funds... apparently thats where the real money is...
pic represents all the way to the top!

Shit, I had to support myself going through school. Worked 50 hour a week graveyard shifts. My gpa is 3.08 and I'm in really good shape. 60+ push ups and can do well on the physical. Do you think that would cut it? Or will I be better off joining ROTC when I try to get in to grad school in the spring?

>does anyone have tips for day trading?
>what about hedge funds... apparently thats where the real money is...
Jesus, you're a clueless twit whose instincts seem to lead only to bad choices. You're not gonna make it.

I Got $400 a month to specifically not have a job and focus on school. pushups dont matter for the PFT. fun 3 miles in less than 20 min, do 20 perfect pullups and 100 perfect crunches in 2 minutes. dont bother with grad school.

awesome advice. thanks dick.

>tl;dr how do I make a shitload of money

Do you really expect an answer to this question? It has infinite answers.

Hey OP. I'm the same age and make a similar amount, but am self employed. (Traditional B&M business and landlording)

>Step one: pay off all debt, obviously.
Step two: save X? money to invest in Y?
Step three: profit.
Pretty much this.
Ok, so a few things we need to acknowledge:

- A speculation is NOT always an investment!
- Some "investments" can be gross liabilities( e.g. rental house with negative cashflow)
- The return on any investment is determined by the market.
- You can find the highest ROI in small business, but real estate has a higher margin of safety. Stock market has already been discussed ad nauseam.
- When you hear about exponential growth it's easy miss the survivorship bias and luck involved.

Now what you need to do is decide how to allocate your investment portfolio.

Play around with the following numbers: Current capital, Savings rate, ROI of available investments, years to compound.
My plan is to save 50% of my income and continue to invest in single family homes. In a decent market you can expect 15-20% returns on initial investment. When the time comes I'll 1031 exchange into a mid size apartment building valued at $1.5-2M. It would only go for a deal with at least $500K in capital gains potential.(Raise rent, renovate, gentrification, etc.). After a few years I'll use the equity towards another building , or I'll start enjoying the cashflow.

Great Advice. I have been looking into the realestate Market myself but in SoCal there's nothing decent for under $400k. and at that point I'd be stretching myself entirely too thin.

Personal finance books user.

The more u learn the more u earn.

I've read Personal finance in your 20's, the magic of thinking big, the intelligent entrepreneur, train your brain to get rich, and a few more I cant remember the names of.

The solution is simple. You need to earn more. You may ask, how does one raise their income the most quickly?

The answer most would give is to switch jobs or work more hours but that's short term thinking.

Sit down for an entire day/weekend. List your strengths/weaknesses and then look at industries with high earning potential.

Choose one, apply yourself, spend months learning as much as you can and then when you find yourself at a standstill, read business literature and put your thoughts into action by starting a business.

Drop to part time if you need to do so, or quit your job if you can sustain yourself.

Work hard in your remaining time and find out how to set up your business to start making money. Once you're set up, hit the gas pedal and quit your dayjob if needed.

I am contractually obligated to the Military as an operations officer for the next 3 years. the position may change to a command title but thats it for me for the next three years.
Legally not allowed to have a second job.
BUT I can have income from realestate and or stocks.
Thoughts on TSLA?

Im an E3 and i've got 20k in the bank after a year from investing. You can do it champ.
P.S. visit carmel if you get a chance, it's lit senpai. There's a place called mundakas, it'll run you like 400 for a meal, but its worth it. I used to go about every week.

>legally can't
Idk how it works in the marines, but at least in the army you can get command approval for a second job. Or just do uber like everyone.

I wish, I had to pay for a good chunk of college so whatever money I had saved is freakin gonezo.
What do you invest in?
If I started saving id have 50k in the bank in 2 years. Problem is I'm paying all my loans, car, and credit cards off early, all things considered I'm doing quite well, I just want to be filthy fucking rich. Marin Crops don't gimme that.

Als that place looks Lit af senpai. joking, but it does look nice.

officers cant have jobs. period.

also, thoughts on the riots?

Yeah, my bills aren't quite as bad, outside of 300 for student loans, i have pure disposable income. Right now I'm invested in CHK, but ive also been in gold and oil over the past year. Just look towards building up a portfolio, you should be able to manage 100k by the time you're out. With smart management, you can live off that. You'll probably never be filthy rich, but you can avoid working.

But riots? I haven't been paying attention, I'm on rotation in korea rn.

Can you leverage your military affiliation any way? (Example, VA loan on a cash flowing multi family.)

If the answer is yes that means it's already being done. If I was you I would start networking, seek out guys a little older who are already making moves.

motivate. Its gettign pretty shitty, I make 82k a yr, with BAH, and my fiancee makes 120 ish after bonuses. I am hoping we get more than 100k. she has trust fund but cant touch till paps poops. vry large. banking on that. lol but I want to be self made now in all seriousness.

thoughts on Day trading?
I dont want to pay commissions out the ass. so im thinking no. but I understand the idea, large quantity, mass purchases so on...

step one, pay off all debt, step two invest in something till I can open a brewery. thats the plan for now.

Day trading is a meme, I've never seen any genuine sustained success with it. If i were you, I'd learn derivatives, and take long positions on growth stocks, then use options to hedge that position. It works well for me, and generates a good passive income. If you can use covered calls and cash secured puts to generate 4% a week you'll be golden.
But if i were you I'd pay the minimum on all your debt, investing the money well should produce a better percentage of growth than your debt is accruing interest.

Are you a fucking moron?

Look I'm really trying to help you out. Day trading? and fucking brewery?!?!

1- Make a budget the includes paying down debt

2- Stick to it

3- Save up a much as possible

4- Sound like your in laws have some $, stay on their good side.

5- Get into real estate because you are not ready for any other kind of business. Period. ALWAYS buy at a discount. You could go the rental route and/or buy and sell your primary residence every 2 years without capital gains.

6- Speculating on stocks is not an investment, its a gamble. Take your wife to vegas instead.