/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread:
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other urls found in this thread:

stgrillz.appspot.com/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

tfw playing 18 hours a day and still not gud

j-just gotta keep going, y-you can do it

*flies into every stray bullet*
ahh so this is the feeling of despair

Even though Cho Ren Sha week started, I haven't seen anyone post scores for it.

go kill yourself woodrow you fucking cancerous tryhard hacking autistic pony nigger shitlord,

r u ok?

I got gud. Had to blank out the name since I used my real name.

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who don't think she is best grill

I did that JUST before the week started.

Good job! Now be a man and switch to boost!

And to think I've only been playing this for a couple weeks.

>Type Z
>that score
>gud
Naw

Yeah I'm not trying to impress you.

is caladrius good

>meat doesn't give you score
I blame the ninja.

Want me to add your score to the spreadsheet?

Also guys, please specify what game/ship-type/shot-type/ and what stage you reached

Can't someone create a small website like restartsyndrome just for shmupg?`This googledocs thingy seems to be dead in few weeks anyways and is too annoying to update

Sure why not. Hopefully with time, my score will get better.

Second one you linked is Sorcer Striker. Played with Chitta and reached stage 1-6.

Bumpcc

Reminder that only fags use bombs

reminder that only fags design impossible resource dump bosses

I can't even get past stage 3 desu

Is there a way to remap gamepad controls in CRS68k? In the game config you can only swap fire and bomb buttons.
I tried JoyToKey but game still uses its controller mapping.

Nope, I have the same problem with it and kamui
Fucking doujin games

Oh boy I think I'm setting myself a new goal for Crimzon Clover: BEAT UNLIMITED MODE. This little jump happened while practicing the final stage in unlimited mode for shits and giggles and I've decided to try to practice each stage to do a full playthough of unlimited mode.

What game has the best backgrounds?

holiday weekend and work, man. i'll get started on it again tonight, but i don't post my kusoplays, gotta be either a 1-all at minimum or a decent score.

CRS68k

You can if you start crs without the gamepad hooked in. I also have to run it normally, as in not in compatibility mode, so I have to choose between good controls with autofire or the built in.

That would be pointless for how small /shmupg/ is. Why don't you make a small section of the doc publicly editable so people can dump their scores their, and then when you have time get around to adding it to the main section.

Gus is streaming~

battle garegga

The guy you're responding to is not in charge of the spreadsheet. But I can still implement your idea if I find an option to enable editing in Sheet2

Why not just use restartsyndrome or post on the farm? I don't see a need for another barren scoreboard to add to the list.

Ikaruga. Ikaruga is best at everything.

Found it. Anyone should be able to edit Sheet 2 now.

Sheet 1 will remain mine.

>using a scoreboard with only pics as proof
Anyone easily can fake score pics

I have the replay if necessary.

If your score is too good you will be removed.

The docs site somehow doesn't really load for me...

It doesn't work properly on Firefox for me. But it does on Chrome for some reason

Well, it's google. Probably eliminating chrome's competition.

Someone named himself Kraut on the score list...

That's not me though (Kraut-kun).

You're not ?

I assumed you were. But then who is

And why is it in WI when that screenshot was clearly from doujin version.

Just leave him blank until he gives a name, and also it's the doujin version not World Ignition

Naw, that's not me.

Fixed the game-name and leaving the name blank until I get the name.

Kraut didn't do it. I posted the original post. I said it above, I didn't want to show my real name so I blanked it out. Do you really need a name so that you can put it in the score list?

post a handle, dipshit.

Just give me some initials yo. It can be anything.

Don't plug controller in till after its booted then plug it in and it'l read xpadder/joytokey only.

FAG

No one cares about your real name

You mean show that I'm the actual guy?
If you really a name then just put E.S. (that's my initials for my real name).

So what exactly is the second sheet good for? Will they get moved to first sheet when you post there?

>You mean show that I'm the actual guy?
Post your internet handle or some initials so there isn't just an unclaimed score some other chucklefuck will claim later. It's a leaderboard, there has to be some way to identify you. Don't post your real name on the internet.

I've only been playing the freeware version of Crimzon Clover not the steam version so I don't have an internet handle.

People can post whatever score they want in sheet 2. If it's a fair score then I'll add it to sheet 1 when I see it.

Also would be nice if you guys wrote something in sheet 2 to let me know if sharing is working together

Using E.S. for now

How do you even edit the sheet? Do i have to send a request?

Just click on one of the boxes and write something. You should get a message popping up which asks you if you want to edit, just accept it and kee writing.

Doesn't work for me. I can only copy from the boxes.

ded

Sheet 2 should be editable now. Please try again.

why the FUCK do shmups not have commas in the score numbers

Because west uses xxx,xxx,xxx and japs use x,xxxx,xxxx i think

Seems to work now

Well Logitech Profiler worked for me but I kinda adjusted to default CRS scheme.

I wonder what I should do today besides practice.

full runs

>MUH PARANOIA
>LEET DOX ON 4 CHAN
No one gives a cows dildo what your name is chief.

(unless you're a hot school girl)

Touche.

I always see no real reason to post my scores unless it's a really outstanding score.

To maybe get some competition or motivate others

It can be inspiring to see other people improving their scores, or for a sense of "I'm not the only one trying to improve my scores". I dunno. Hard to explain.

Of course, as an outsider it can be entertaining, but as the one posting the score, it only makes me look mediocre.

>one eye on the bullets, one eye on the score

Is Kraut-kun better at shmups than Britbong-san?

I haven't practiced at all today and I'm not sorry

He should be given the fucking hours he chucks into it and especially as he does fuck all else in his life.

Actually I'm still fairly new to shmups. But yea, if I had played since years already I probably would be superplayer status by now.

I played some R-Type, but died on stage 7. That's all. Was too hot today.

>I probably would be superplayer status by now.
Yeah and then you'd see why ikaruga is shit either way you'd still be an insufferable dirty mum shite.

I already have a score of 25 million in Ika. I think that should be enough to be able to at least form an opinion about the game, anglo nigger.

For anyone else sure but you have clear mental issues so opinion discarded, krautistan.

shooting love 20xx coming to steam lads, trizeal will be nice and i havent played exzeal yet.

>the best shmup stick is actually a European design from the 80s long out of production because of the death of arcade culture in the West
I always knew the Jap designs were suboptimal trash. Anyway, keyboard is still very slightly better.

>OH YOU NEEDED A GUIDE? HAVE THIS LITERAL POSTAGE STAMP YOU NEED A FUCKING MICROSCOPE TO MAKE OUT, GOOD LUCK FAGGOT
I hate this fucking community so much.

The guides for shmups are fucking trash. The only good one is BG.

There needs to be an in depth wiki for shmups.

'Stay there for 1-2 seconds without shooting' is misleading, it actually means without shooting at all up to that point in the stage.

Good luck on the unlimited stage 1 user!

how do we get more woman in the shmup community?

here's a guide: learn the game yourself you pussy bitch