/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Piles of Corpses Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC out on May 31st!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/04/22/dark-brotherhood-launch-details
youtube.com/watch?v=a6vtLcDgRkQ

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492Dar'bonne

1st for /v/ culture

pls stop ruining it

Didn't think about that, thanks friend.

I noticed they have made some changes to some of the early quests.
In EP, the battles for Bal Foyen and Davon's Watch have changed in some details. It's an improvement in the experience especially in Davon's Watch where the battle between Balreth and the Daggers was more comical than climactic before.

I've found crafting writs to be an easy way to make money. I had never really pursued money in game and as such never had much, but I wanted to level crafting for some of my high level characters to get a couple ranks of keen eye and now I am swimming in coin.

Character Aesthetics, anyone?

7th for dire wolf mounts (i hate them in numbers, ruins muh immersion, just like any other fancy mount(/spoiler)

I find those new senche mounts annoying. They are too noisy and flashy.

Aaand I fucked up

Sure, I don't believe Orcish robes have that opening anymore on females. I know this is true for their heavy armor

thx OP user, keeping the dream alive

>Piles of Corpses Edition.
>Piles of Corpses
aaand not even trying...

ctrl+s bub

>tfw no bosmer waifu to give presents and be cute with
why live?

feel free to kill yourself

I love the new stance, it always annoyed the shit out of me of how my female characters had a gay ass stance in the selection screen, the DB dlc is legit

>Tfw page 10

Don't 404 on me lads, it wont be the same without you.

On sale now, worth getting while it's half-price? I'd be playing it solo initially as nobody I know is mad enough to get it also. I'm a lore nerd, played other MMO's and I'm mostly just morbidly curious about trying it so I can see locations and maybe be a qt Dunmer, Altmer or Bosmer. Care more about PvE than PvP but if the PvP is good I'd dig it.

Oi.

Is there still a monthly fee for this game?

Only an optional one which gives access to all DLC, crowns for the ingame store and some other bonus stuff.

Right so I've been ill and home from work and basically just played Dark Brotherhood since release, and I think I finished the main story. I've yet to do that "Sweetroll killer" quest people have praised.

Sweet, might try it out then.
Will I be completely cucked without the paid stuff or can I still roll with the big boys?

check OP before you waste money

Sadly, almost all of the endgame content is behind a paywall.

Base game is worth 10-15 bucks, but definitely not more.

Shit.

Not really. I can't think of an instance where you're "completely cucked" from being able to do what everyone else is doing, save for the new areas, two dungeons and Imperial City. If you wanna fuck shit up in PvP you can do it without paying a cent and you've 600+ hours of PvE content.

Okay it's a lot cheaper there. Guess it can't hurt to drop the price of a takeaway on it.

Absolutely worth picking up for half the price. You can also get it on G2A for $10 and even if you just like lore it's worth $10 imo

see , it's well worth that, specially if you're going to play it at your pace, and focusing on PvE.

So everyone can agree that the storyline so far have ended up being better than the one in thieves guild?

at the moment my main is black khajiit wearing thieves guild outfit.

I think Bethesda could actually sue me for this level of unoriginality.

If you mean post characters here's my Atlmer Templar.

Wish I could change his face though or I had the dwemer head motif cause the light armor helm looks sweet. Or even the worm cult helm would be allright. Also I should really use a mace cause templar and all that but I only have like one mace trait researched so sword it is. Still works when purging all orc scum.

Best faction?

I lean towards covenant myself, mostly because they end up dealing more with the daedric threat, at least in the beginning.

Ebonhart feels almost retardly focused on the war and barely avoids self-destructing, and Dominion can't stop intriguing itself harder than Dunmer noble houses for five seconds.

My main, a Dunmer MagTemp healer.

So i just got my first character to veteran 2 is there a faster way to lvl then questing through the zones again.

If you're really efficient at grinding, you can grind there faster.

you lying sack of shit there are no veteran ranks only champion points. get it right faggot

On ps4 matey

>almost all endgame content is behind a paywall

wot

it's only the 2 dungeons from Imperial City, which you can get easily

Buy 2 months of premium from kinguin, and when it's done use the crowns to buy IC.

Speaking of which, I can't get queues for shit right now. While I was leveling it was never more than 10-50 minutes.

Is it because everyone is doing the new DLC, or do I need to get IC DLC to actually get a goddamn random vet queue to pop?

Hahahaha

ESO Cyrodiil so much beter than Oblivion one. Still not a jungle, but absolutely superior. Minotaurs look awesome.

Any ideas of if they plan to do personal or guild housing in the future?

Any hopes or thoughts on what it should or could be like? Part of my would almost want to consider something like Fallout 4's settlement building maybe. You get a plot of land (or even water) and then build on it.

Naturally with non-ramshackle pieces.

They announced that it would be coming in a patch sometime this year I think, but I don't know what it will be like. Probably not much.

I couldn't help but notice Windhelm honestly seemed nicer than the one in Skyrim. I supposed in all fairness, when we visit it in Skyrim, all of Tamriel's been going to hell or has gone to hell multiple times over the past several centuries while this has only been maybe the first time going to hell.

yeah, I could probably see it maybe like Champions Online's housing system at best, but I'm sort of being hopeful.

Plus, I do notice some parallels in ESO that seemed to be implemented in FO4.

I'd guess it will be closer to you being able to either get a house "somewhere in skyrim/daggerfall/wherever you want" and get to take a boat to go there, so it isn't physically on the map.

Either that or we'll get a DLC involving daedric shenanigans and our house will be in a pocket realm in Oblivion.

It's the DLC. People are simply not doing dungeons at the moment. And a lot of people saved up their gold and silver keys before the patch so they've a lot of new gear to play around with. I've spend hours queueing as a healer and not gotten anything. It usual take minutes if not seconds.

I'm spending more and more time going between obscure guild shops and buying their shit so I can sell it for more in Mournhold. Send help. I'm having way more fun than I should.

also bump

lewd mods, when?

I am trying to cut down on trading because I can't seem to find time to actually do anything else except dailies and gathering gold. Those traders with 1M+ sales per week must play all day every day and spend most of that time checking guild stores. All though I do that too and I'm not reaching 1M, only a couple hundred thousand.

Can you make the xp meter permanently stay? I have to keep on going to my skill window to see my progression

>remove vet levels, completely shitting on long time players
>crafting bags
>edgelord DLC
Welp they did it, they fucked up the game beyond repair

There's an addon for this: Harven's all experience bars

cry more

> remove vet levels, completely shitting on long time players
wut

>remove vet levels, completely shitting on long time players

How exactly is that a bad thing? I wouldn't call myself a long time player, only been playing for a year, but I'm glad they removed vet ranks.

Veteran ranks were beyond awful and they rightfully should be gone.

Is this bait

But now everyone can see your champion rank and know you're a long-time player. Before everyone was just v16 so you couldn't actually tell who's been playing for a long time and who's just reached max level.

>"players" since launch and before thieves guild
>"waa waa why is thieves guild and dark brotherhood not in the game?"
>players now after DB
>"wtf is this shit? My character isn't a murderer or a criminal or a sneaker, when will we get DLC for non criminals?"

Everyone's a complainer these days

>when will we get DLC for non criminals?

Well yeah, this is a relevant question
Clockwork City when

Well, we've had two DLCs that favor rogue types, so maybe we'll get two that favor fighter types and then two that favor mage types?

Or two mage DLCs then a fighter DLC?

>>"players" since launch and before thieves guild
>>"waa waa why is thieves guild and dark brotherhood not in the game?"
Vocal minority, nobody except 13 year olds like that shit

>Those traders with 1M+ sales per week must play all day every day and spend most of that time checking guild stores.

I suspect a lot of it is "fake" numbers due to them handling huge amounts at the time. Someone buying a ring for 110k and selling it for 140k will in Master Merchant look like theyƤre selling a lot while making the same profit as someone who farmed up and sold 2 stacks of unrefined materials.

All I keep hearing is stuff about Clockwork City being the next DLC. Orsinium at least was building to it.

Considering the Sweetroll killer quest it's pretty confirmed that the next DLC will take place in Vvardenfell, no idea if it will be as big as Orsinium tho. It probably will.

I'm not a vet, but when I first began playing nearly a year ago, I was kind of weirded that there weren't any 'thieves guild' quests.

As I understood the lore, the Thieves' Guild is normally a fairly nebulous collection of orgaizations, so I didn't quite expect the full guild, but at least some quests that could be taken from outlaw's dens.

I got this game on Xbone for $15
I played an Orc Warrior, finished the starting area, accidentally smacked someone after waking up, ran to the docks and got the first boat out of there to some strange desert port, now I'm helping a pirate by freeing people from dungeons. I kept dying until I figured out that I actually had like 6 skills and started fucking people up. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I'm doing and where I should be going?

What happens in that quest

Datamined stuff doesn't usually get implemented for a while, I remember there being Summerset stuff from years ago that still isn't in.

>trainwiz
What the fuck are you doing here?

>Morrowind focused DLC
>No map markers
>No wayshrines
>Mounts are disabled in the DLC area
>Sprinting is also disabled
>Cliffracers everywhere

Playing

So not only do you violate a core principle of /v/ culture you shit on everything /tesg/ stand s for
Welp

That's nice.

>/tesg/ stands for
shitposting and bad waifus?

>violate a core principle of /v/ culture

I thought Trainwiz has always done that by enjoying vidya.?

>shit on everything /tesg/ stands for
But trainwiz also isn't a waifufag.

Not to my knowledge.

I had no idea he played /teso/ so maybe he does sometimes. He's full of surprises.

It turns out that the one killing innocent people are part of a group of Ashlanders with individuals who can see into the future, and kill people who in one way or another will cause massive destruction, as in the death of royalties and economic collapse.

It's a way to hang out with my brother, whom I don't get to see a lot

>shit on everything /tesg/
how is this a bad thing? waifus are cancer.

Fus roh fucking d'aww. That hits me where I live.

I kind of hope it's supposed to be an island on Nirn, myself. I mean my suggestion back in the Guild Wars 2 general about Guild Halls in the Mists worked just because The Mists aren't as inherently hostile as I understand Oblivion is.

If they introduce it with say, Clockwork City DLC, they could easily justify it as a pocket realm. Wizards make that shit all the time.

>roll wood elf templar because stamina bonus and already played as khajiit a bit
>dig the class while i play solo to max level
>friend points out how short i am and how my horse looks like a pony
>can't unsee

Look on the bright side. The assassination animation is based on distance and height difference, so there's certain ones that's manlet-exclusive.

tiny elf is for being cute
you wanted to be cute, right?
You minimized your height slider, right?

>tfw no more natural make up option
beta vs now

all they'd have to do is replace the wayshrines with propylons or silt striders and boats.
Hell, speaking of the propylon indices, would the Dunmer Strongholds be active at this point in time? might be cool to see them as actual centers of regional hubs with their own little cultures, and given how they all look pretty much the same it would totally fit zenimax's MO for zone architecture

sounds like you're doing it right lol. just follow the crumbs and explore. it's no different from playing skyrim really.

>Bhruce Hammar
>not a waifu

Some might be in use, but as far as being truly active goes, no. They were in use during the First Era.

what is even there now? I had the impression pretty much every settlement there besides vivec and the ashland tribes was either abandoned first era or earlier, or post-imperial treaty. waan't it holy ground off limits to even dunmer until like 400 years before TES3?

>to even dunmer
Foreigners yes, dunmer no. Vivec's been there for a while, as have some other cities that were mostly great house holdings, and was always administrated by the Temple.