/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan:

Poschengband 4.0.2 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111187&postcount=195

DCSS Trunk Updates: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-may-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

but it's less tedious to hold down tab

Could anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide for UnReal World?
Thank you, /rlg/.

Trident is better, but have you seriously found no higher tier maces yet?

Once you pick a weapon class, just stick with it.

Something good will come along.

I've got a +4 mace of venom, and there's a morningstart laying around in lair, should I just pick it up and then make it distorsion?

Well I'll just rock with maces then. This mace ain't too bad, except that it makes me go berserk when I'm fighting a single kobold most of the times.

I've only started playing it recently too, but Fishing seems bretty OP. You can trade a couple of roasted pikes and some trash for a fine battleaxe/sword, and it's a great source of food.
It's a really comfy game though.

A +0 morningstar will probably perform better than either of those, just based on how the game calculates damage. I'd brand it ASAP, it's a very good weapon that can carry you through most of the game until you find an eveningstar, or a good two-hander.

Get the morning star

save your disto brand for a great mace eveningstar or dwhip.

great maces in particular are super common

It took a while but snotling are patient. Ninjas looks really op desu

To clarify: don't use your disto on the morningstar. If you can brand it with a scroll, I meant.

>poking through the vault files for DCSS
>lugonu_bribe.des
How rare is this thing? I've never seen it, but that's hilarious.

>no ninja_slayer.des
Missed opportunity.

Pretty rare, but people have posted screenshots of it before.

what's it do?

It's a special Lugonu altar. When it comes in to view, an item "emerges from the Abyss." This item is always forbidden under your current god (i.e. a wand of hasting for Chei worshippers.)
If you don't have a god, it's an amulet of faith.

How did you learn the game? The hard way?

>his item is always forbidden under your current god
Okawaru doesn't have any forbidden items.
What would happen as an oka dude? Still "faith?

I think that if your god has no forbidden items/conducts, nothing happens. You wouldn't even know it was a special altar, except that Lugonu altars are rare.

That's fucking amazing

I like that xom's forbidden item helps you worship him better.

It should give a -3 cloak

what about this one

Invocations has no impact with Xom, but it does with Lugonu :^)

But useless items are Oka's forte.

Funny.

Yeah, and I have still a lot to learn.

MISS DICKU TODAY

Trophy get! If this continues, the Amy will actually lead her clan to glory! :)

So what kinds of items are they?

It says right in the image, user.

>I posted "Miss dicku today"
>to see if I still feel
>I focus on the dick
> the only thing that's real
>and you could have it all
>my empire of dongs
>I would let you down
>I don't go to work

Please leave us alone.

she ain't doing no harm to anyone, bob
leave her be

I just started playing DCSS and its pretty fun, my best try so far is 8113 on D:10, how close am I getting to winning?

I wish I had a cool tutorial of some sort.
I only manage to find crappy 1+ hour-long YouTube video of dudes rambling about the game and delivering piss-poor directions.

There's no pasta?

Considering that my worst win (out of two) with 3 runes had a score of 1371613 (more than a million and half points than you) and I visited 52 levels, you've still loads to play. Don't worry, you'll get good in no time.

baby steps

I was auto traveling between Orcish Mines and Lair and lost 1 of my mercenaries.
Is there an easy solution to find it or do I have to backtrack the entire Dungeon?

whats the holdup on a new cata dda stable? been like a year.

I thought that game died a long time ago. Didn't they promise z-level building and they never delivered? Aren't the NPCs still shit?

You can learn recall and cast it on each floor

post server and name if you play online, I'll coach you.

in the future press control-e first

Is there a way to have multiple pcb saves if you compiled from source in linux? I'm kinda tired of my demigod and want to make an imp dosh knight, but I also don't want to lose the time I've already put in the demigod

What influences the frequency of sneak attacks, and what's the multiplier on it?

Ninjas are fun, but I found I has trouble actually killing end game uniques,or anything I couldn't slaughter instantly.

Add the argument -ualt to start a new save under the user "alt".

I had that on

Thanks

wot?

Take a closer look at the OP.

D:10 isn't bad at all for a new player.

hmm

Thanks for the offer, but I would embarrass the shit out of my self. I'll just keep brute forcing my way through and figuring out what I'm doing along the way.

It gets everyone once.

Classic Oka gift.

they added so much unstable shit like magazines and 3d z levels that I predict nethack will release 4.00 before DDA 0.D "stable" will be released.

if the monster's asleep or fleeing you always get a stab

otherwise if you have ninja stealth active it checks your level and stealth skill against their level in some weird function

sleep stabs are * (3 + level/20)
fleeing stabs are * 3/2
stealth stabs are * (5/2 + level/25)

also there's a chance to do *5 damage on any attack which stacks with those multipliers (and is more common on stabs than normal attacks)

and there's also a chance to fatally injure monsters which hits for half their maxhp. 1 in 666 on normal attacks, 1 in 11 on stabs (but not against uniques), and increasing chances if they're under half health

not all of that shit is in the screenshot though

just read cmd1.c and control-f "backstab"

>pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ
The pasta is barebones desu

How are you supposed to kill big J as a ninja? Or any other boss for that matter? Do you just impale them while they're sleeping?

yeah, actually.
First attack you take on J slices him down to ****.

>7.62mm Type P rounds leave behind 7.62x39mm casings
Sasuga, Granade

But what happens if they wake up before? Reset the level?

>But what happens if they wake up before?
He's always awake. You just *CRIT* him for the first hit and that's it.

how big is J's monlite?

you pretty much have to step away to get ninjastealth and then step back to hit, and make sure to have lots of stealth skill.

also apparently if you use the rush attack skill it ignores penalties from monster light even if you're still inside it

on the bright side ninjas get a buff that gives them a 50% chance to just take 0 damage so that's pretty good for high level fights

It's upsetting how well fleshed out ninjas are and then 95% of the other classes are just fucking boring or tedious

I watched a multipart lets play on it that was really informative. Maybe check that out

Yeah, the only classes I ever had fun with is monk, ninja, samurai, duelist, and time-lord. Pretty much the reason why I play nothing but monster now but stay fuck away from high exp penalty races.

does dcss let you reinforce your fursuit with kevlar plates?

No and for good reason

Somebody stop me

>dicks is dead
>whales is a normalfag now
>granade is still alive
>chris still has no idea what he's doing
>DCSS has less content everyday

does dcss let you take the masochist perk and craft yourself a pair of leather cat ears? :3

>tfw your win makes the OP
I can't handle this type of pressure

>namefag jerkoff
Kill yourself.

also apparently chris only has a few hours per week of internet access to read messages? does he work on a fucking submarine or something?

>I never win so I never feel this pressure

stay jelly

Are there any multiplayer rouges? These seem fun and it seems like it'd be even funnier if I could try to stay alive and survive with friends.

There are some multiplayer rogue"lites"

Why is C:DDA so easy? All it takes even with the worst start possible is for you to find a knife, shred everything into rags, find a liquor store and a compressed airhorn and look a it go. Whole city's in flames with all the zombies dead. And that's not even getting into making a super Deathmobile and finding new towns to burn.

>8 races and 13 classes left to beat in DCSS
>realized I still won't be able to fill in the removed classes/races
>those blank boxes will be there forever

play previous versions, duh

If you think that makes the game easy you should try martial arts.

>tfw still using 0.C
>it's over a year old at this point
Really at some point they needed to have said "no more new shit until we get the current additions ironed out or removed."

What else did you expect from an adom-tier dev?

What does being an adom-tier dev entail? I've never played it and know nothing about him aside from the kikery I've seen him accused of here.

I hate how you can walk downstairs and pass out for eight hours and walk back up and combat resumes normally without anything moved since you last left it.

Taking forever to implement shit. At least DDA is free though and adom has been doing some nice updates lately.

>What does being an adom-tier dev entail?

Most of the beef for Biskup was because he refused to release the source for ADOM despite not developing it for over a decade.

It cooled down since development began again. The kikery isn't bad either since he still puts out free updates.

>did two hells already
>only now just realized I can shaft myself to the ends of each hell
forget digging, shafting is degenerate.

>shafting to 7th floor

Nigga, one of these days you're gonna land on Antaeus and 3 Ice Demons.

Jesus, with the way i've been playing i should NOT be alive right now
I've gotten stupidly lucky with that disto axe, even at +0 shit's incredible, and Fedhas was surprisingly good too. Haven't found an use for her abilities other than evolve, maybe some of you can tell me how to use them

>troll gets trolled
Ebin.

>Sasuga
what does this mean