/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous dream: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for /plipplop/

So what's the Enlarged Head do?

Does Maria respond to it?

It makes your head look really big.

Post webms.

it's a DS1 reference that lets you hear the sound of waves
so, basically, a higher quality DS1 reference than the ones in any of the actual souls games

Don't do if I mind!

Where in Dark Souls 1 do you hear the waves?

We will not abandon the dream. Don't leave me, /bbg/.

He's talkign about the Oolacile bloated head being the reference.

Fuck their "council" any old user can copypaste that autistic OP and come up with an unfunny title.

What are you talking about?

huh?
the head is a bloated head reference. When you put it on, you can hear the sound of waves like the patients in the area.

What happens if you try to bring Gascan to his own boss room?

you can't

this isn't DS3, that sort of thing isn't possible

I figured they wouldn't be retarded like that, but is there a fogwall or does he bail out or something?

>this isn't DS3
oh, yeah, like there's anything like that in DS3. Really this hate boner for the most popular game in the series is getting ridiculous.

If I go up to 160 will I really find no matches or summons?

Why the fuck would you go up to 160?
If you're past 120 then just restart.

No, that's just meta-retards trying to tell people not to have fun.

I have a lvl 150 and there's tons of action.

You can make Tsorig fight himself. Just another testament to how blatantly unfinished Smouldering Lake is. Educate yourself before you post.

You can have Knight Slayer Tsorig fight himself in the Demon Ruins, though.

So what does Gascoigne do if you bring him too close to his boss room? Does he Blank out of there or is there an extra fogwall thrown in somewhere if you do summon him?

iirc he can't do elevators or ladders, so he physically can't get to the boss gate, and then just blanks out.

Does he use the model and moveset he has in his fight, or does he use the player's model if you summon him?
I never did so i'm not sure.

it's his boss model, the same one with the same moves that helps you out in the alpha demo. He also chuckles if you play the music box for him

Because I made the same boring ass build I've done before. Don't know if I want to start anew

Cool, maybe I will then

Yes, not counting the SRRC, and it will only get worse as time goes on.

What's the point in pretending to be me when anyone can see the trip codes are different?

Well that's cool. Are there any other summons with unique models or is it just him?

If I'm going skill what should my starting weapon be?

Just him, he and Alfred were the only two summonable NPCs before TOH came out.

Why does the yahrnam queen appear after you kill rom?

>He also chuckles if you play the music box for him

But he still won't go home to slaughter his daughters.

What a douche.

Anyone up for killing Lawrence?

Because she is Mergo's mother.

nvm l just remembered you need the skull to summon him

What does that have to do with Rom?

Rom is Yharnam's sister.

Rom is hiding Mergo, preventing the ritual that fucked over Old Yharnam from spreading further.

are all beast claw attacks thrust?

And best friend of Eileen, the Wet Nurse.

Rom is hiding the ritual, including Mergo and his wet nurse. The baby crying you hear is Mergo.

>preventing the ritual that fucked over Old Yharnam from spreading further

Nothing actually suggests that. It's more likely that it is being hidden in order to prevent people, like the main character, from trying to stop it.

So Skill is the only build worth doing, right? Or is Strength actually viable for once in this game?

everything is viable in BB, the main issue is finding more than 3 weapons to use with bloodtinge

What's the best background for a bloodtinge build?

Depends.

If you're playing the game like a human being, anything goes.

If you're some PvP purist autist who wants to only do FCs with all the 12 of you that exist, then no, don't use Str.

In PvE, Str is the best possible option.

See pic. It will give you a ton of options.

Noble

>In PvE, Str is the best possible option.
Only if you enjoy standing next to enemies with a pizza cutter and holding L2

To be fair, who wouldn't enjoy that?

Strength is okay in PvE, but in PvP, only Skill is viable.

If that is all that you do with a pizza cutter, let alone a Str build in general, then you just suck at the game to be honest.

That's false too. Everything is viable in PvP, Skl just has a slight advantage.

Depends on the build
Military veteran is best for a pure bt build since it has the lowest arc and lets you use bloodletter with no investment into str, but if you don't plan on using the letter professional is better.
If you plan on not using the letter and want to use hunter's tools, noble scion is best but at that point most builds will be the same net points.

GOD DAMNIT WHY DO ALL OF THE GEMS I GET WITH HIGH ATTACK BONUSES HAVE ATK DOWN AS THE SECONDARY EFFECT?!?

>Everything is viable in PvP
Listen to this fucking joker
>Skl just has a slight advantage
So you're admitting that only Skl matters then?

I didn't say only skill mattered. A lot of people value co-op, that's why Str comes out on top (using the same character for both).

Some people prefer being able to fight at a range, and that is when BLT comes out on top. BLT is a hard counter to Skl builds and ranks very close to them in general.

Etc. Just because you are a shitter that got anally rekt by someone better than you using a Skl build doesn't mean that Skl is the only viable build in the game.

I think I'm burned out on BB

What do I do it's heart breaking.

Skl will still give you the greatest return for the amount of player skill and effort invested, and thus is the only option worth considering.

Make an RFC chalice dungeon and explore every last corner of it.

Keep a bell ringing so others can join you.

Helping/invading could help. If you're sick of that then hold off from playing the game for awhile, maybe play Dark Souls 3 if you haven't already

Sure, you want to play like a brain dead moron, but that only works on other brain dead morons. Anyone else will just wreck your dumbass for trying to R1 spam or dash+R1 spam.

>even the doll, should it please you..

Oh, it should...

Quit projecting so hard.
If Skill builds only worked on "braindead morons", they wouldn't be considered the best.
Indeed, strength weapons are more deserving of that moniker as they will never, ever hit anyone competent.

>the greatest return
holy shit user, you're putting me to sleep here

Have two anons from here ever done a papa G/henryk cosplay run? Seems like itd be a fun project on the side .

>strength weapons are more deserving of that moniker as they will never, ever hit anyone competent.
post your PSN

I didn't say they only worked on brain dead retards. I said the easy returns only work on retards.

co op is all I do

Might as well pick up Dark Souls 3

t. professional kazoo player calling the violinist a tryhard
And I didn't say that Skill builds made for easy matches against good players, only that other builds would require disproportionately more skill and effort to beat a competent player using a Skill build.

what's the best place to find people to coop?

chalices

>would require disproportionately more skill and effort
and this somehow makes str not worth considering at all
ok

SRRC and DLC bosses always have people ringing frequently

Nah, that title goes to Blt builds.

>Of course, l do love you

>and this somehow makes str not worth considering at all
It does, because eventually you're going to reach that point where you simply can't get any better with that strength build. Whereas with a better build you would be able to push past this point and improve your win rate even further.

You're advocating shooting yourself in the foot at the starting line. Stop doing that.

I cant wake up guys. I can't stop playing Bloodborne.

It's been two weeks now and I've done nothing else.

>implying anyone even plays this game that competitively

Get off your autistic horses and try to have some fun for once, guys.

doll best waifu

l never understood why the doll clones from the waking world try to kill you though

Winning is fun.

But what if I'm not a colossal faggot and would rather use a weapon I like rather than one I don't just because it's easier to shit on another player with it?

This faggot really wants everyone to use the same shit hes using omg this really is no items fox only final destination hollly fuuuck what a loser!

Srs tho you're tellin' me that one ultrautist with complete mastery of a "slower" weapon against another ultra autist with bom or rakuyo and he's gonna have a tougher time?
Getouttahere

Then do that and don't tell these retards you're doing it or they'll get their panties all knotted up.

How do you actually hit shit more than once with slower weapons? Most enemies can either dodge away or hit you back in between your attacks.

Does the tricked form of the Bloodletter scale with strength at ALL? is it even worth getting more strength than I need to use it?

it scales well, but the moveset is below average at best

Are you talking about the Tricked form or the 1h form?

Oh, shit I misread, the tricked form is pure blood, as are both transform attacks

Transformed form has no scaling with strength, only blt. Getting more strength will depend on what you want to do with it i.e. Church Cannon, Gattling Gun

Naw, keep coming back announcing how much fun you're having with your weaponfu.

Gets these faggots to expose themselves for mockery.

it's this kind of mentality that led to this "DS3 PVP is bad" meme.

Face it, there's no fun on this earth that stems from anything other than kicking someone else's ass at something with as little work as possible. All that matters is winning, and if you don't agree you might as well kill yourself now because that's how the world works.

Most strength weapons can stagger and interrupt enemies allowing you to get more hits in. There's also hyper armor that'll let you keep attacking after getting hit

This. Dealing with HMLS HAed pokes is annoying as hell as a Skl user.

Premonition will help you lead their attacks into your pain train, just imagine what a badass would do and make use of regain by eating a hit through hyperarmor.

You're no orc wildly flailing your arms repeatedly.

Does the Church Cannon have any advantages over the Cannon besides lower Str requirement and QS usage?

I'm pretty sure this is just a shitpost but wew lad