/btbg/ Battleborn General

Old Thread →
Hobo, Old people and liberal arts students Eradication edition

>What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $30 on keysites. It's also on sale on Amazon for $40 bucks.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Toaster Build
pastebin.com/Tcq57Vyr

Skill Overview for Alani.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYZYs2Nm3q4

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/394230
steamspy.com/app/394230
steamcharts.com/cmp/394230,359550,218230,49520
vgchartz.com/game/83645/battleborn/
vgchartz.com/game/83646/battleborn/
vgchartz.com/game/83647/battleborn/
vgchartz.com/game/13826/borderlands/Global/
vgchartz.com/game/83646/battleborn/Global/
vgchartz.com/game/13873/borderlands/Global/
vgchartz.com/game/83647/battleborn/Global/
vgchartz.com/game/13825/borderlands/Global/
vgchartz.com/game/83645/battleborn/Global/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>

How the fuck have I not been seeing Marquis chilling on top of the middle MINREC altars on Paradise before?

It was actually pretty entertaining because as soon as I noticed he was up there it was basically:

>Pounce up there
>he either gets knocked down and I drop down after him and body block him from retreating
>I managed to land behind him and he's now stunned and pinned up there as I slowly shove my fist up his ass and wave him about like a puppet
>go tear shit up with my freshly acquired 5 stacks
>rinse
>repeat

no

I've never seen that, but I'm more surprised I've never seen Benedict up there trying to play rocket sniper.

>get in game
>low ranks all around but me, so should be interesting
>even have a Kelvin
>Kelvin keeps using sublimate as a travel power
>Rath dives hard, dies 8 times then disconnects
>Surrender?

BEEN IN QUEUE FOR 16 HOURS NOW

stop queueing for capture

There is actually a janitor looking over a Battleborn thread?

>stop queing for a certain mode in a game one month into release
reread this and ask yourself "is this game dead?"

on PC pretty much
on consoles, not yet

Give it time. Once the Overwatch hype cloud dissipates people will start moving to other, better games.

Attikus for best in screenshot. I love that fucking arm and he looks like what a frontline monster should look like.

On that note Thrall in general are badass.

Also, image here for those who want to post em.

Perhaps we should edit that form to just have Alani in the last image by default until some actual nerfs come out.

If you're still dying to Alani, you must be bad.

Also, Mandatory.

probably
or two, one with marquis and one with alani
>get binded by 3
>get 100-0'd before you can regain control

>Binded by 3
What?

>3
goddamn i'm tired
I meant e
or whichever the fuck keeps you into the air whatever

If you're dying to that, you're either pushing way too hard, or you're engaging with no fucking health.

>engaging with no health
see, I said 100-0'd for a reason, and I wasn't exaggerating.
and it happens all the time when i'm in the backline

>Pushing way too hard

Implying every Alani isn't already diving your team aggressively cause she's just going to heal anything you try to punish her with and run away.

This is going on.

WOOOOooooo Time for some funny numbers people

7pm EST

>Current Number of Battleborn players on Steam , 1702 , sitting at #98 on Steam Top 100

2 million beta testers according to Gearbox across PS4,Xbone,PC

According to Steamspy
steamspy.com/app/394230

>127,000 Steam Owners, so only about 1 /100 people that own Battleborn on steam are playing it

side note, Overwatch had 10 million beta players and with release has 7 million players across PC, Xbone, PS4

time to look at 4 co-op shooters
steamcharts.com/cmp/394230,359550,218230,49520

>Rainbow Six Siege is Blue
>BattleBorn is Green
>Planetside 2 is Yellow
>Borderlands 2 is White

So Borderlands 2 and Rainbow Six Siege are similar while Planetside 2 and Battleborn run together

Well I guess some positive news is that Battleborn runs about 2X the active player base that Killing Floor 2 is running, so Gearbox has that going for them

So how many players does BattleBorn have across all consoles?

You know, that thing you're telling us about R-P-S Simulator 2016 and not BattleBorn.

Then u r bad

n-no i'm not
f-fuck you ;.;

>ambra defected because rendain kept bringing his dog to meetings

>Implying I won't sublimate her, chomp her for half her health, then pummel her to death as she tries to run

But really, Alani's are great front line pushers, but if they chase you, punish the fuck out of them, act like you're retreating, them turn around and smash their fish tits in so hard they turn to fucking sushi.

I try that
but then they just bind you in their bullshit and 100-0 you

vgchartz.com/game/83645/battleborn/
>110,000 on PS4

vgchartz.com/game/83646/battleborn/
>70,000 on Xbox One

vgchartz.com/game/83647/battleborn/
>30,000 nonSteam PC

about a month ago, so assume figures have increased maybe 20-30% because of sales?

so figure about 130-140k on PS4, about 90-100k on Xbox One, 40k general and about 130k on steam and you have rough estimate of 390k - 410k copies sold across all platforms

There's no way they're doing that much damn damage to you. Are you watching her skills?

Holy shit all the overshills.

Anthony Burch managed to trick that many people into giving him money.

so you can figure about 1 out of every 5 people that played the beta bought a copy, no idea of season pass sales would be

In the death recap thing where it tells you how much damage you took, it only shows alani shit meaning she solo 100-0'd me

The hate train will just dismiss it as more garbageborn, nitpicking every little detail.

However for those who aren't just riding the hate train I could see them not liking it because Gearbox's style just irks them.

I personally got hype as shit watching that opening and thought it was great. My only qualm was Deande doing the ninjarun.exe at the beginning. Thank god it only lasted for those few seconds.

out of 30k owners only 2-5% play on a daily basis a month in
holy shit LOL

I have no idea what to tell you man. I don't have problems with Alani.

But that's how she runs in game.

to be fair any hard cc would get your 0-100'd if the enemy has a clear los on you.

That fucking math. Is this b8, or just retardation?

The bad

>Another game I like is horribly undervaluing the importance of advertising and already trying to fill a niche that has been hard to fill in the past without being god awful.

The good

>Gearbox literally getting buttfucked within the first month might actually fix the majority of problems in short order as they use shotgun surgery to try to recover from the failure and attract more players.

They need to fix perf and polish the game or the downtrend will continue. The market doesn't think the game is worth what Gearbox is charging for the game.

Anthony Burch doesn't work at Gearbox anymore, hasn't for a few years

5% is about 1.5k are you ok?

Ah. So it is b8.

Gearbox says Battleborn is doing better than Borderlands 1 release.

Lets take a look

>Borderlands (Xbox 360)
vgchartz.com/game/13826/borderlands/Global/
>Battleborn (Xbox One)
vgchartz.com/game/83646/battleborn/Global/

>Week 1, Borderlands 325k, Battleborn 70k

>Borderlands (PC,nonsteam)
vgchartz.com/game/13873/borderlands/Global/
>Battleborn (PC, nonsteam)
vgchartz.com/game/83647/battleborn/Global/

> Borderlands 1 year 35k, Battleborn week 1 31k
(this does not include the 130k Steam Users)

>Borderlands (PS3)
vgchartz.com/game/13825/borderlands/Global/
>Battleborn (PS4)
vgchartz.com/game/83645/battleborn/Global/

>Week 1, Borderlands 1 104k, Battleborn 110k

>30k players
>2% - 5% actively playing
>30 x 0.5 = 15
>0.5 = 5%

U fucking wot m8

>not knowing how to math
30000 / 100 = 300
300 x 5 = 1500
30000 is 100%
meaning 300 is 1%
5 times 300 is 5%, 1500

>6
his math is fine just replace 30 with 30000 pretty sure he was rusing

I'm well aware what the actual math is, I was just bad mathing it out because I had no idea what the hell the b8 guy was thinking

This poor, poor game. It never had a chance.

Attikus is just a monster once he gets going. I am completely turned around on him now. Even getting the hang of his pounce.

the 30k are PC-nonSteam sales (think Amazon or Game Stop)

Steam has 130k accounts with copies and only 2k of that number play the game at peak hours so a little over 1% are playing the game on steam, and that is assuming none of the 30k copies sold stand alone were merged into peoples steam accounts to begin with, all in all you could assume that there are about 150k people that have purchased Battleborn for PC overall optimistically but that makes the overall current player base look some much worse according to

Is Battleborn dead? No
Is Battleborn dieing? No
Is Battleborn growing? No

If Dirty Bomb found an audience so will Battleborn but do not expect to be the next E-Sport or something

Still has a chance. Also this isn't /v/ or /owg/.

>Do not expect it to be the next E-Sport

This is the only thing I 100% hold against overwatch, otherwise I'm fine with it as a game and think comparisons are pointless. And it is the fact that there were "esports" within 1-2 weeks that were cringey as fuck. I absofuckinglutely hate how many games need to be the next big esport and I sincerely hope that this game has both casual and competitive fun without selling itself out to that bullshit. Like fucking hate gearbox and whoever the fuck used to work for them all you want, the esports train is fucking cancer right now.

>Dota 2 not fun anymore
>LeL not fun anymore
>Fall for the Overmeme jew
>It's shit
>Get refund and buy some Hearthstone adventures and packs
>Get nothing good, meta is all uninteractive face decks, no fun

Sorry guys, I shoulda just bought Battleborn.

Hope you're still here in a month when I get my neetbux.

If you've gotta wait to buy it hold on to that money even longer. Bare minimum make Gearbox sweat it out so they actually fix the problems with the game then spend your money on it.

This was probably the absolute worst time for the game to come out.

Someone help

Hey Rath, say the catchphrase.

You know: "It's after NINE-THIRTY!"

Be- because you don't stay up late.

Imagining ISIC waddling around in turret mode happily waving around Rath's swords

Rath, you're looking awfully unsustained. You feeling alright?

Who's FANOFTHEEMPIRE in Whiskey's Some Find Me Repulsive unlock?

Does he actually have a hot date with Deande?

In Reyna's info screen it says you can charge ally overshields with Plasma Pulse. When my friend used it on me I didn't notice any change. It went away at about the same time it usually would. Also the number of health on the overshield didn't increase. What is it supposed to do?

It charges the targets shield not their over shield.

So I didn't notice a difference because I was playing Alani.

Performance fixes when?

Haven't won a single meltdown match since I started playing. I feel like every round is a stomp against our team as the enemy just casually walks into us without ever being punished. They're 100 points ahead barely 4 minutes in. What am I doing wrong?

Kill the Shepherd bot.

KILL THE SHEPHERD BOT.

Also make elite minions. Try to pop them out at the same time your waves are approaching so they can get the overshield off your own Shepherd.

yup unless you increased shield capacity.

esports are cancer

Any game with esports is so toxic, that you need to play the meta and if you don't use an aim bot you can't compete against the autists

Not having all-chat is another plus since it tends to devolve into shit talking in the long run.

Start playing Oscar Mike, get his DoT level 2 helix augment and start eradicating creepwaves. He is a great character to learn the game on

Games were toxic before esports were a thing and people always bitched about meta shit since ever and honestly I agree with them in many cases because it's called the meta for a reason.

Let's say theoretically I'm playing the shit out of the rogue faction and were I to pick exclusively from those characters I'd be better off as:

(also ironically just won my first meltdown on Shayne and Aurox. Slow start but after a couple levels I can kill most overextended enemies, get fed and then just dive the backline)

haha le top hat

widow maker and mccree in 100% of games, so when is the nerf

>the success of my game depends on people getting bored with another game

Sounds like a shitty business plan to me

Official BattleBorn update as of 3rd of June, 2016
Update: Still dead :^)

>/owg/

>7,000,000
>S E V E N M I L L I O N

suicide watch

One things for sure where the Overwatch hype dies
They sure as fuck wont be playing StillBorn

yfw you didn't fall for the Battlekek meme

Early on you have to zone the enemy so you and you partner(s) can have an earlier shot of damaging the wave. Attempting an early kill to kill their clear speeds helps

When your wave is down you can either attack the other lane, hunt shards on your or their side, call another ally in the other lane or the guy that lurks the mid area to come attack, build/kill buildables or go aggressive such as starting a fight near mid turrets and buying it up for extrafirepower. All this is based off your numbers and how fast you or they cleared.

You can do different numbers in each lane based on team comp.

Shut up. You're literally acting like a caveman. You only like Overwatch for its blatant waifu pandering.

feels good fampai

You all seem pretty knowledgable. I'm struggling to figure out how to post in /owg/. I can't quite strike the balance between shitting on an entirely different game because its an easy target or talking about how I'd totally fuck one of the fictional characters, could you give me some pointers? Oh and I guess Mcree sucks or whatever balance seems pretty boring to talk about.

have most eliminations and 3rd in damage as zenyatta and lose, games get worse as days go on

what a shitlord i don't even play overwatch
and oh right
this game is shit lol