/owg/ - Overwatch General

HAMMERTIME Edition

Previous Bread: >Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>/owg/ Survery
docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/twRyTamX (embed)

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com

Other urls found in this thread:

watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/Surefour#2559
watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/Taimou#2526
youtube.com/watch?v=FFJfirnuBEg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1d04Q4XO30
youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-AepyRFU
youtube.com/watch?v=A1kkSZYIlTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every account has a hidden stat called MMR, or Matchmaking Rating. When you win a game, your MMR goes up, and when you lose a game, your MMR goes down. This is proportional to the skill of the enemies you are playing against, and the skill of your teammates. When the matchmaker puts you in a game, it attempts to find matches where both sides have a 50% chance of winning. This naturally leads to players gravitating towards 50% winrates. It does this using your MMR.

The fact that you have a 50% win rate does NOT correlate to your skill level. Neither does your account level. A player can be level 40 with a low MMR, or a level 15 with a high MMR. If you are a better player than your MMR would suggest, then you will get placed into games with a higher than 50% chance of winning them. Likewise, if your skill level is lower than your MMR would suggest, then you will be placed into games that you have a less than 50% chance of winning. This will continue until your MMR reflects your true skill. If a player believes that their MMR is beneath their skill level, and that they consistently play with and against players that are less skilled than them, they simply have to play more games, and eventually their MMR will reflect their true skill.

Always remember that you are the only constant in between your games, and that you do have a significant impact in the outcome. Especially in an FPS, one player out of 6 makes a huge contribution. When one talks about unfair games and that they are consistently put into games that they have no chance of winning, only means that the Matchmaker thought that they were more skilled than they really are, and put them into a higher level game than they belong in. It is unreasonable to suggest that the matchmaker consistently places a player into games where their team is less skilled than themselves and the enemy team.

TL;DR, Forced 50 is real, but it is a good thing that allows games to more fair and of higher quality. Win rate=/= skill.

for 250 overcoins, what is the best highlight intro for your favorite character?

it does 22 damage per second

>These players are cheating or have recently cheated and they have been caught, and blizzard is doing fuck all

watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/Surefour#2559
watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/Taimou#2526

>People like these will continue to cheat forever because blizzard either can't detect the cheat or is afraid to ban because of bad publicity and drama

youtube.com/watch?v=FFJfirnuBEg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1d04Q4XO30
youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-AepyRFU

>Many of the current "pro players" in the various "top teams" have dodgy backgrounds and even bans in other games.

youtube.com/watch?v=A1kkSZYIlTg

Is it just me or is de-mecha'd D.Va's gun fucking amazing

>enter match
>see this

What would you do?

WIDOWMAKER MCCREE AND MEI ARE RUINING THIS GAME
PROVE ME WRONG /OWG/

I don't like queueing against premades as a solo player

leave as usual

It's just a slightly modified Mercy pistol.

So yes, it's deceptively amazing.

What is objectively the best skin?

What legendary skin should I buy? What's the best?

I can't decide and can't start playing again until I do

>double mcree on king of the hill

I am so fucking mad. Is there any counter to this fucking bullshit?

I love how all the proofs keep getting dismissed with "the spectator just makes it look buggy!"

This game is off to a great start.

Reminder that for the most part, Mei is a bad McCree

lel this was fast

>playing lucio
>roadhog hooks me
>blast him away with m2

switch to Lucio

I swear People are just too stupid to just shoot sometimes.

I see people just standing there letting Reaper literally walk up to them, for seconds, and ult, without shooting him, and of course they don't shoot during the ult.

Or a road hog not being shot at when I put my shield up as rein

Or an opposing Rein charging in and NO one shooting him until I clobber him, meanwhile the other team seems to head shot me all at once me when they see any possibility

Come to think of it, it happens WAY too often that I have to take matters into my own hands, and then all I hear is excuses like "Oh I couldn't hit him" or "he was so stealthy"

motherfucker, when I see him as Reinhardt without being able to turn the fuck around, he's not stealthy.

When I kill him with flame strike from 15m away, he was not good at dodging.

Stop being shit and just shoot the fuckers right in the head.

Why is Symmetra classified as support? She isn't a healer. She's a defense character. I hate the classifications. Why?

stonehardt

can someone please give me a link/gif of the dva victory pose that is really cute with the finger gun...you know the one

why does Junkrat hate Numbani?

How do i headshot as widow?
Everyone moves so fucking awfully in this game i can barely hit anyone.

Who do you play?

>not carrying your team to victory

Take a look at this shitter.

play a shit hero so the game will end fast

shut the fuck up you stupid bitch, unbalanced stomps are not fair, and so isn't carrying retards and shitters and literal beginners

delete your post

Speed up zarya's reload by 15%.

There, I fixed her.

More like ''homo''watch

second best ship

I cannot.
I'm waiting patiently for the competitive patch alongside mcree/widow nerfs.

GETTING REAL FUCKING TIRED OF GENJI SHITTERS ON MY TEAM

Support doesn't inherently mean healer

Her main ability supports the team as a whole

>people actually defends that aimbot locking onto the revived lucio

Blizz recently banned 1500 players for cheating.

Get good, hothead-kun

>look at your most played hero
>look at their skins
>decide which you like most

gee, so hard to choose

>Leaving game
>Finding a more balanced game

Post yfw

> Too many snipers
> No tank heroes
> No support heroes

Smoke 76

its a post on reddit, retard

>types all this shit
>no one cares or responds because the idea is stupid in its entirety

git gud :^) Obviously the game thinks you're good enough to take them on, wouldn't it be a shame to let Blizzard-senpai down ;)

>no healer
gg afk desu

blizzard please make it happen

Who do you deal with a good Zarya?

how am i so good at this game

What's the first one?

pharah

I may be a shitter but at least I don't play Overwatch on a fucking calculator

So, playing Toblerone, why do I get the feeling that people are playing him wrong and how alot of flankers underestimate both his turret and his gun?

Those molten metal hurt alot both in single fire and shotgun modes.

>that feel when I kind of want to play and get better at Reinhardt
>too much reliance from allies not being shit

He seems cool but I'm not playing in a full stack and it seems most people are completely awful at this game.

Soldier 76 asking the big questions

people are probably playing him like you would the engineer in tf2

Mercy
Reaper
Reinhardt
Lucio is my most played but I dislike his legendary skins, the purple recolor I unlocked is better. I also have Biker torbjorn and Mecha Phara.

LOL

DEELEEETE THIS

REEEEEEEEEEE

>responding to reddit pasta

who's the stupid one again?

I didn't respond because it's just really obvious since every modern multiplayer game does that. I mean really how is this news to anyone?

>join game with only three people on defense because shitters keep leaving
>we end up winning and I get five golds

Niggers and omniggers.

>he doesn't know

Put everything on low and events happen faster for you.
Why do you think all streamers/"pro" players play on all low?

>sixty on console

S
I
X
T
Y

How does blizzard do it

D.VA'S LIPS ARE MADE FOR ______

I actually hand typed that all out just for /owg/.

Reddit apparently has intimate familiarity with the League of Legends matchmaker :^)

Torb himself is easily just as strong if not stronger than his turret. His turret is just there to fuck solo flankers and get you free eliminations after a couple of automatic shots. The Rivet Gun is fucking ridiculous.

HOw many matches does it take to remove the penalty?

Any videos of good Reinhardts playing?

I don't get it

>tfw found a competitive minded group to play with
>reinhardt is actually extremely fun now
Now I see the light

that wasn't really funny

His gun is actually disgusting. Torbs who afk by their turret are doing it wrong. They should be running around skirmishing and collecting scrap.

bend over and take it up the ass

Im an objectively bad player. If I'm stomping anyone then it's definitely a problem. The fact is that matches are either stomp or be stomped. There's no real challenge.

She doesn't need any buffs, quite the opposite. Her abilities recharge too fast.

What's that jutting out of Hanzo's dick space?

>man in full power armor: 500 HP
>strongest woman in the world: 400 HP
>Giant mech suit: 500 HP
>armored gorilla: 500 HP

>fat guy running around drinking gasoline: 600 HP

because non-shitters joined, not because of you. you were probably carried

Wait, why do people care about forced 50% in quick play when there is a ranked mode coming out soonTM?

After I decided to switch it up by placing my turret to cover flanking paths while I help my team with my rivet gun, occasionally fixing up the turret, I suddenly feel I am having a lot more fun and success as him

The succubus Mercy skin, or Stoneheart Rein.

Widowmakers ult is overpowered and should be reduced to a pulse every few seconds.

Just kidding Blizzard is god and will never touch her ebin sneaky wallhack ult.

If you are an objectively low skilled player, then the more matches you play the better the matchmaker will understand how bad you are, and be able to match you with equivalently low skilled players so that you have a 50% win rate, even with your low skill level.

>do this like 5 times in a row
>this sends roadhog into a rage at my existence
>memetastically abandons all teammates and objectives to chase me around the Hollywood map
>huffs and puffs after me for a full 2 minutes
>yakkety sax starts playing
>he tries to flank me around a corner
>PUSH OFF- this cliff right here
>his next spawn he's a widowmaker

Hue. Huehue. HUEHUEHUE

If there's anything they're good at even the haters admit, it's optimization.

Blizzard has realized that people who can't play your game won't buy it, so they try to make games that run on as many machines as possible.

Also since the engine was probably based on the titan engine, it was supposed to handle MMO level numbers of people with good performance, so with "only" 12 characters it probably runs amazingly well

Literally any hero, stop shooting her shield mongoloids

I think the joke is that sitting a reinhardt and bastion on a payload is a good combo

who /badgraphics/ here?

Support means support. The game never says she's a healer.

wait a minute. The first panel is giving me an idea. What if Reinhardt could carry Bastion.

Have some best ship

mfw I was about to capture the second point on Anubis but Jeff Kaplan suddenly bursts through my door, breaks all my fingers and throws my gaming mouse in a blender because my win rate was getting too high

HOLY FUCK FINALLY I'M LEVEL 30

I CAN FINALLY START GETTING QUED INTO GAMES WITH PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME

I CAN FINALLY START PLAYING WITH COMPETENT PLAYERS

THANK CHRIST

>Say "Can someone please counter bastion or go support so I can"
>Get told to stop being so toxic
>Get 4 "ggez" from other team

Fuck off