/ywg/ - Yokai Watch General #42

Last Thread: Hell Princess edition

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 details here!
perfectly-nintendo.com/yo-kai-watch-3-website-update-details-yo-kai/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
We're actually working on sprucing this baby up. Feel free to contribute!

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/hJ24jbQJCVM
youtube.com/watch?v=hJ24jbQJCVM
youtube.com/watch?v=El0i4TC_aJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Submit your friend codes here!
docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform

Results can be found here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit?usp=sharing

DONT FORGET TO SEND OUT SPIRIT

I-It's okay.
Even if she falls out of the spotlight she'll always be my first favorite.

Bones or Flesh?

Which ever one has Testuya.

daily reminder that if their age is on the clock,
they are ready for the cock

Arent they adult army commanding generals?

What about the one in the middle? Is that an option too?

in their official bio, they're 150 cm

Ah, so they're manlets.

I got to the Hospital and ran into Skranny. Fortunately looked her up and found out she's hard to get unless you soft-reset when you find her. Got her on the third try!

Are there any other Yokai like this to look out for? Rare encounters that will be a pain if you don't befriend the first time?

Bruff

If you don't have infinite inferno unlocked, Mama Aura in the museum in post-game

Isn't she encounter able via yokai spot before the end of the game though?

Sweet, thanks guys! Good to know

they REALLY don't want you getting much S ranks until postgame, and I believe that spot isn't activated until the game is beaten.
If you're really lucky you can get the tofu from her too and skip a buttload of trouble of finding it later

Breezy hills around the lake, right?

Yeah, he has a chance of appearing on one of those moving paddle boats.

Oh yeah, if you unlock the ability to donate to the shrine and to rub the golden egg, do both of those once a day each for twenty days in a row.

You'll get something special for each of those things.

swosh

I honestly cannot decide between Sushi and Tempura. Both of the exclusives are totally awesome.

Pokemon never gave me this kind of trouble but then again that might be because they only have one or two exclusives between the versions.

Emergency Exit's head is one of your tries in Wib Wob

Yeah i had a much easier time with the last game. This time i'm not so sure which to get.

I'm guessing those exclusives revealed to us are the only exclusive ones in the game? So it's not like i'll be surprised by more reveals to alter a decision.

>Sandi a second time
T-thanks skelly.

This guy gets it

Lucky fuck. I've been trying to get her for a week now.

do your best, guys!

for the longest time i never thought to soft-reset when going for skranny, but when i started doing it helped a lot

Goddamn I'm happy. I just did my first Crank-A-Kai pull since the Goldy Bones event, and I got Venoct! Having another S rank is always good.

The one with the dorky remote.

He must have taken a break from haunting my gacha machine.

Thank you for the updated OP finally!

You can now stun for a little longer

preview

this is the middle part
right now I'm writing/editing legend class requirements as well as other stuff like souls, the endless tunnel etc.

You might want to cut down on any plot-related spoilers if you can (Oogama's short description looks suspicious)

Noob question, is there any point having more than one of the same Yo Kai? I have a couple of the lil purple ghost dude just cos I can't say no to befriending, but idk if there's any point. In Pokemon you don't catch 10 Ghastlys obviously.

More YW3 Commercials
youtu.be/hJ24jbQJCVM
>Roulette soultimate charge
>tfw the RNG has officially shifted to soultimate charging

Unless you want to try out the IV thing going on for different stats not really (and isn't worth the investment in my view). However, having 6 of a yo-kai will make sure that you stop befriending them altogether, so if you keep trying to befriend one, but keep getting the other, that is a strategy that could work.
I hear the second game allows you to turn excess medals into soul equipment/upgrade though.

Cool, thanks. I'm early in the game and trying to not read too much, so wasn't sure if I was meant to just keep collecting em all regardless. Seems like a good idea to get six of a type so I can get the ones that wont befriend me though.

>dodgeable telegraph attacks
...little worrying. I just hope bosses don't try to waste all of their time trying to cast them out.

I guess if you REALLY hate water attacks Snaggerjag is useful

I'm currently in the post-game, and I don't really have a team. I'm just switching it up. I just got my ass handed to me by Grainpa when I was using my team of Robonyan Siro and Shogunyan all at level 50 or slightly below. The rest were just high level Shmoopie and Casanuva
What's the best way to level up in the post-game besides holy exporbs?

Also I must point out that my highest level yo-kai are Baddinyan Shadow Venoct, Damona, Komane, Bruff, and Tattlecast.

In Infinite inferno, in the room before you fight the Mckraken recolor (that still spawns yokai), there's a chance for a bloominoko to spawn there. Take them out for 20k exp a snake.

Corptain/Skreek daily fights give quite a bit of exp because of all the purification you'll be doing.

Here's something that might help you for Grainpa: Give Baddinyan the sticker of hate as he'll dodge all of his headbutt attacks. You should also try to befriend/use Greesel to steal Grainpa's inspiriting.

Why not just farm Holy Exorbs using the Yo Cam exploit?

Does every episode of the anime just follow the game plot? I don't wanna continue watching if it's gonna spoil the game

nope. The anime/game/manga follow different plots, though episode 25 DOES contain a spoiler for YW2.

Doing it that early just seems cheap, I would only use that to get to level 99 when I'm close to it.

Do the Awevil fight in the sewers, his inspirits will fuel your exp as well if you didn't get to the lower level of the post-game dungeon.

>Gee Honke, why do you get all the legend requirements?

Posting in dead general

Out of curiosity, is this a legit jibanyan with his own stats or it just a normal one wearing a dragon hat for a special event or something?

>live in Ireland
>nobody here knows what Yo-Kai Watch is
>anime isn't broadcast, toys and games aren't advertised
>local toy store has Whisper, Komasan, Jibanyan and Robanyan plush toys as well as the watch and medallions

I want them all.

Just fan art friend

has YW not arrived in Ireland, or is it only the games and toys that arrived without any ads to support it?

Just the games and toys have arrived, from what I can gather, without any support.

The 3DS game costs ten euro less than Animal Crossing and 15 less than Pokemon X.

>tfw
Does this mean that sign has been with us the whole time?

bumo

youtube.com/watch?v=hJ24jbQJCVM
>game is already full rng
>now Soultimate is fucking RNG
jesus.

eternal suffering for all gamblers. That's the message of YW3

Well, it is time to commit suicide now.

The new battle system is fucking amazing though.

you'll need to roll 3 spike balls before committing to such an act

>have to gamble to die
All I wanted was to win...

It is interesting. I hope they can balance the time between telegraph attacks without giving away too much time to dodge them

>slots
Damn EU and their slot laws

New player here, just got this dude from the Crank.

>He gives up on everything he tries and won't do the same thing twice. He has a lot of experience at doing things once.

First favourite.

Does this mean he at least has wisdom to share from his one time works?

Gettogumi and shinuichi were our only warnings

Man, I hate these 3 Kingdoms skits. When will the torment end?

depends how long they'll keep shoving three kingdom into people's throats until the third game comes

Why not get shmoopie's evo item to evolve him up?

I already have Pinkipoo, I'm using him along with the other Shmoopies.

Popularity doesn't stack in case you were planning on that.

Fumi is qt.

youtube.com/watch?v=El0i4TC_aJE

The embodiment of this generation

I got some medals at Tesco. Yokai Watch is about to explode here in the UK...I hope...

>NyaKB the orchestra version
Slow but nice

>Die a hero
>Become a yokai