Ibuki Trailer: youtu.be/C8_CY3YECW0

Super Street Fighter 2X East vs West (5/24/2016): youtu.be/TWhH51Lht3Q

CPT Events: shoryuken.com/tournament-calendar/

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1261
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4kk55q/sfv_fucking_sucks/
twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/738548155201921024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I havent used my Rashit against Karins enough to actually give any advice on the matchup.
Biggest issue will probably be that she shits out damage for free while you dont do shit.
Karins damage is really stupid in this game.

I generally have an ok time against Karin with most characters that have a good AA, but thats also because most Karins I play against refuse to play footsies, which is silly, because she is amazing at that.

reposting this because I want advice

tried to, even my 3 frame st.lk seems to get counter hit at every fucking turn. They mash like inept gorillas, I like sf5 at its core but fuck I miss being able to play smart and defensive and make clean antiairs

guess I'll just mash jab into qcf and join the rest of the community

Rashid. Just ran a ft10 against my buddy, who I'm equally skilled as, and went 2-10. I can beat his Karin with Ryu, Gief and Alex. But not Rashid

>ibuki mains

there are definite gaps in karens stuff

just mash dp

>rashid
c..come here user. I know all of your feels. Fuck karin, fuck chun, fuck these shitty normals

>bad normals
>cr fp is mvc3 tier hitbox

i can row my boat with c.HP all I want man but the majority of the other buttons are pretty shitty on the range.

Is there a tierlist for sfv yet?

everybody is good except for zangief.

mk is a good poke.

US/Midwest
CFN: jv9ufxcy
I wanna put what I learned from Gachikun into practice, anyone wanna go?

i wish mika was my grappling bud

if you don't mind me being east coast and me being rusty i'd play

I just read the japanese blogpost and they said the dlc roadmap is only something that exists in the US.

So basically, capcom japan are denying breaking any promises from this ibuki delay. Any other jpn bros to confirm what i read?

Here's the blog

capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1261

lmao harry?

jap devs can be such fucking babies.
shouldnt have released that dlc roadmap at all if things werent guaranteed.
shouldve told us that it will all come in 2016 and most wouldnt get asspained.

CFN?

This blog post kind of just confirms that the jpn businessman have been the ones fucking everything up

start password lobby so you're easy to find

i'll just invite you since it's faster

reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4kk55q/sfv_fucking_sucks/
Is he right? Should we all go back to Ultra?

i recognize your name... god this is bugging me

Kappa is just a bandwagon because its reddit. Those faggots only try to impress one another for the epic upvotes. First they sucked sfv's dick downvoting anyone that disagreed, now they're doing the opposite.

Kappa posters belong into /fgg/

I watch Silent's streams and post YT videos of my progress every now and then
Silent sometimes mentions me when he lists off Rashid players in fgg

It's 100% clear that the western part of capcom is being left in the dark about things, which is terrible.

I'm getting real fucking tired of you all talking about this dead game. Give me one good reason you retards even come back to this game, to post on this shitty split general

ever play league?

nope

Jesus christ, stay on topic or fuck right off nigger

aight well you used to straight up be on my ps4 friends list, this is driving me insane

the fucks your first name

It's fun

threads slow and I'm learning about a potential sparring partner, chill out

starts with a J pm me for my full first name

Alright, fuck you too then. You're not on my shit list like is. And guess what? People on my shit list also end up on my hit list

can't pm cause I don't remember if you're the kind of person I want knowing I browse Veeky Forums

here we go, our first potential tripfag

Is it you , jerobi?

Honestly when are you gonna play in the tournaments?

Can you faggots take this to /fgg/?

soon™
that shouldn't matter unless you know me in person

I kind of want to learn necalli, he looks as gorilla mash as bison but has a dp

also really good anti-fireball options

Is this le epic Dead General?

The blog update didn't even mention matchmaking taking forever or broken lobbies. Kinda shitty.

the blog didn't reveal ANYTHING

I dunno what's happening with this connection but ggs _____

Any Europeens wanna play

Because ppl complain about rage quits more.

>Europeans
Pretty sure most of us already quit this joke of a game.

watch that hate speech pal, you dont want to be arrested

I dunno why the game disconnected twice on me, but ggs.

Two things I'd like to see from you, more grabs and EX tornado shots in the corner. You have a pretty good idea on how to stay in with Rashid but as far as opening people up goes, I only really had to block low and react to overheads/crossups. You didn't really dash much at all but you do kind of want to mix them in otherwise I only needed to look out for 3 things from you at or out of my max range: jump, eagle spike, tornado shot xx v-skill. Once you start grabbing, I have to look for the dash, and also sweeps. Rashid has one of the 4 fastest sweeps in the game and it's definitely worth throwing out once I'm aware of all your possible options.

You ended up with full meter a lot of the time, you should try and use them when you can. Start going for EX eagle spikes after V-trigger or EX tornado shot xx v-skill in the corner. Keep a stock for EX mixer if you need to, but don't let your meter fill and not use it, it's useful for maintaining pressure.

How to beat Rashit as Birdie?
He just bypasses the neutral easily.

>throw banana
>AA when Rashid jumps

badabing

Because matchmaking is fine for many.
It literally takes me less than a minute to find people now at 7am.

Lobbies need a connection meter though.

>banana against rashit
You can forget about that.
He can punish that fullscreen always no matter what.

I noticed how I never used EX Whirlwind after HP, I need to do that more. That's very useful feedback, thank you.

get that exwhirlwind into nail assault jump for the air wobble

also still waiting on your name

Are you in US? Maybe it's because EU zone doesn't have as many players. I need to wait 5 or so minutes.

Nope, central europe.

I know for a fact that its some sort of router issue, as in the game dislikes certain router settings and types.
Thats mad gay though because other games dont have that problem.

is your psn I_AM_A_CANNIBAL?

yes, who else would be messaging you for your name at this hour

i messaged it to you as my first reply

didnt get anything, just gonna readd you until i figure it out if you don't mind

pretty sure it was from teamspeak or something...

i get random slow motion even in training mode
normally it works smoothly at 60fps
any idea how to fix?

Wow was there always a tag players option in this game

Lower settings.

If the game goes slow-mo, it basically means that it's dropped below 60 FPS, even if it just dropped to 59.

i hope mr. wizard allows booki for evo even though she probably won't be released by june 15

he just started a poll for her.

>capcom japan and capcom usa dont communicate

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

CAPCOM

Latest blog said she's being released on the 30th.
Does it even matter? We wouldn't see anyone using her out of pools anyway.

A few big time Asian players want to jump ship. Xian's all but said he's dropping FANG, and imagine the sort of shit Sako can do with Ibuki + Darkstalkers Bomb.

4-5 weeks is specifically a Mr Wizard rule. Capcom Pro Tour is only 1 week.

>moot got hired by Google to try and resurrect Google Plus
goodluckwiththat.gif

fang is physically painful to play on DS4

twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/738548155201921024
Here's the tweet I'm talking about

DS4 is physically painful to use on PC because diagonals

V-Reversal a lot, especially in the corner against whirlwind shots that rashid rolls under, and crouch jab anytime he winds up for a WW shot, which is usually after f+mp or cr. hp. When rashid is down, stay on him, his reversal does little damage, abd it costs bar, so even if it hits you, you're fine as long as you have a v-reversal on deck

It'd be fun to see some asshole get in top 16 because nobody knows how to fight her.

DS4 sucks for SFV. I went back to DS3.

>@ultradavid i voted no, she's hype but i don't want players to be caught off guard w only 2 weeks

I hate this fucking cuck.

why do you hate cuckolding?
is it because you're not man enough to watch a bull please your gf?

Are you guys kappa faggots? I don't understand the obsession with David. Who gives a fuck what he thinks.

i would understand this argument if it came from someone who was aiming for higher than 1-2

wow did you really not realize this entire time kappa posters are the only reason this thread exists

This is what someone who allows his gf to whore herself to niggers sounds like.

>I-I's just preferences

how is this not logical. ibuki is not guile. shes known for being a very in your face mix up character. are you really going to say its okay to practice for months for evo only for someone to quickly find and hide gimmicks in 2 weeks to screw you out of the tournament?

do you not understand why the rule is there in the first place?

He's too much of a bitch to fuck another man's bitch, so he needs to project his insecurities.

He has as much time to find the gimmicks as you do.

>2 weeks
That's plenty of time. CPT saying one week is a little short, but a fortnight is plenty to get used to a new character.

CPT rules is one week. And SFV tourneys need that extra spice that Ibuki would bring. I'm getting bored of watching the game with its current roster.

>implying Ibuki won't be shit and nothing will change

this makes perfect sense from a competitor's point of view but the comment is not coming from a competitor

So youre saying that the biggest tournament event of the year should come down to who can quickly find gimmicks for a character recently released? This is your measurement of skill?

2 weeks is all you need to become proficient in sf5 to win evo?

how do we save sfv

ibuki is based though

Can Evo even just ban Ibuki? Isn't it a CPT rule that characters are banned for 1 week? Can TO's just ban a character because they want to?

it would come down to whos bigger than who. its not like the capcom usa people are nobodies so there will probably be a compromise which is probably what the twitter voting is about. the only problem with this is that there are people who will not attend evo who can vote for 2 week ibuki to run wild because its 'hype'