/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, mods, modding drama, projects, seeds, building ideas, modding drama...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBALHLgwAFA
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1277588-1-5-2-weeping-angels-v1-5-10-22-may-13-forge-sp
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mod-packs/1289173-mc-mods-satchels-turtles-quivers-and-more
youtube.com/watch?v=qDWnNOd3-Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=o1QheXQdJYg
mediafire.com/download/zvvsx68vn1l4r56/Guppy's Weird Boat Stuff [1.9 ].zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the real thread folks.

holy shit mcg is dead enough without being fragmented

Minecraft is slowly dying.

not slowly enough
RIP

gregtech server when?

Hopefully never

Though I might try it just to see how bad it is.

Soon

Why is it dieing?

RTG + CC + Highlands works so well together. I should probably think about tinkering with ore gen so these yuge mountains have some ore in em.

FiniteLiquid desu

such a cool concept, shame it ran like ass

im playing FTB infinity expert skyblock

its p dank but hella grindy

i play for hours on end, for over a week now and im still not that far into the progression

rip me wastin time

Host it on a local server if you can. A lot of the progression is time gated (AE2, especially) so just letting it run and poking at it every so often to make sure it's all running smoothly is your best bet.

I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW
Only thing I can think of trying is removing the thing it adds to the F3 screen from normal buttania, which I'm not sure why exists in the first place

>roadblock mod randomly appears
>added single mods only, no modpacks
coincidentally it's just what i was wanting in a mod a while ago, but it sure is nice when modders dont announce when they pair random shit to their mods

What the fuck is this?

ded

isn't there one getting made for 1.7.10?
having that on with a tech mod sounds pretty awesome

Know what would be great on hoboserb? Iguana tweaks.
Make memebows great again

Because you touch yourself at night.

Optifine now includes dynamic lighting on its own and its a lot smoother than the mod

youtube.com/watch?v=eBALHLgwAFA

What are some spooky ass mob mods so that I'll always have to take my maids out with me so I don't feel alone when I go out?

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1277588-1-5-2-weeping-angels-v1-5-10-22-may-13-forge-sp

amusingly enough, HMaG has some pretty freaky mobs

mostly gazers and crawling horrors.
the monster girl mod even had some kind of obelisks, so it'll probably get added back someday

The Betweenlands has some seriously spoopy mobs

update when reeee

It's a neat mod but it could use some more shit.

advent of ascension

underground biomes with the biome size turned up high enough that you don't get shitty rainbow mountains

working on relatively minimal 1.7.10 grebtek pack server for this festering cesspit. should glance over this list and criticize. what should i add/remove?

iirc there's a mod that fixes ic2s energynet.
Don't actually know what that means, asie was just telling hobo about it and then later i think he installed it on the serb

>minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mod-packs/1289173-mc-mods-satchels-turtles-quivers-and-more
Giving a quick shill for MC+, because being able to have actual horse and carts is kinda neat. You can also carry them yourself. Movement as it follows you isn't 100% smooth, but seems to work fine.
The whole thing is a bunch of micro-mods that only add a couple of small things each - so you can install what you want from it.

>inb4 HUD clutter - I turn off the minimap and waila half the time so it feels less cheaty
SAO UI is nice mostly for the health bar, even if it does mess up some other HUD elements from other mods

I am desperately looking for a multiplayer server with biomes o plenty, havent found any so far. I just want to explore with other people dammit :c

hoboserb
it's literally the only not completely ded one.

Shilling for hoboserb

it sounds neat. can you use it only with the vanilla chest or any container?

(also, i'd really love to have a land vehicle mod, either something like horse wagons or something like archimede's ships except that it doesn't get stuck on every half block)

I like some of the things in this. Am I able to use the mods I like individually in my own mod list?

That cart looks cool af but
>horse

>The whole thing is a bunch of micro-mods that only add a couple of small things each - so you can install what you want from it.
>you can install what you want from it.
Hmm I wonder

did you read his post?

>The whole thing is a bunch of micro-mods that only add a couple of small things each - so you can install what you want from it.
>you can install what you want from it.
it seems like yes. follow the link and do a bit more reasearch.

According to thread and testing: chest, ender chest, furnace and jukebox. Also some mobs if you leash them in. No trapped chest though.
R-click to couple/decouple it to yourself, or if you're on a horse, it will connect to that. Shift+click to open/access. Can be pulled up 1 block slopes fine - but won't do so well on mountains.
Looks like it crashes if it's still coupled to you and trying to teleport? to you from ~8 blocks away though a wall or something.

You can carry them yourself bruh. Looks nice with horse though

>You can carry them yourself bruh. Looks nice with horse though
he was talking about how that mob is the donkeu variant of horse so its mislabeled (though not technically)

I was skimming over it lol thanks guys

I was just poking fun at your health bar mod's label, those are clearly donkeys.

>jukebox
oh god strollin through the forest listening to jukebox tunes sounds too comfy.

>Looks like it crashes if it's still coupled to you and trying to teleport? to you from ~8 blocks away though a wall or something.
Update: cart is vanished after restart. If you want something more reliable that does the same thing, the Utility Mobs chest golem might better. Carts might be nice for established routes/paths though.

>10
So far, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many carts can be attached to yourself.

Blame vanilla for that quirk

oh yeah, as it is from the same author, how do the skull candles look? do they work as TC stabilizers?

They're alright.
>do they work as TC stabilizers?
Nope

>Only opped players are able to pick up the eggs
>They don't despawn
>Juego hates portal noises
Hobo, we may need your assistance :^)

If you can leash it, you can put it in the cart.
Y'know, because reasons.

What resource packs are good and have decent mod support?
I really like John Smith but there are some cunty missing textures that make it unusable (AE2 assembler being one).
Outside of Faithful, is the only option sfagx?

there are more textures on the github
no idea how to use them.
no one's told me

And if not, there must be more than one way to skin a cat, If you'll... pardon the expression.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDWnNOd3-Gk

guy's annoying, but looks interesting

>has good mod support
>doesn't look like shit
>doesn't clash with unsupported mods
Pick one

Did I add too many mods or something? Every time I start the game, after the mods get done loading my display driver crashes and mc is not responding. It used to work before I added a fuck tone more mods.

I am having fun with sky factory and you can't stop me :3

Dandelion

How exactly do I remove the mods I don't like?

So you chose mod support then.

lol

It's high noon

Uncomplication

>explaining what exactly is necessary to make a new modding API
>discouraging people from making a new modding API

resume for those that don't want to suffer trough 17 mins of annoying autism:
>if you make a boat ride a boat in the passenger seat and rotate the lowest one, the other ones rotates slightly, letting you create cool effects (bridges, tornadoes, hydras, rollercoasters, solar system representation, GIANT FUCKING SPIDERS, spirographs ...)
watch this video from the guy who found this to learn how it actually works and see the thing in action with less cancer
youtube.com/watch?v=o1QheXQdJYg
or try the map by yourself : mediafire.com/download/zvvsx68vn1l4r56/Guppy's Weird Boat Stuff [1.9 ].zip

>You will never be this good at autism

Feels bad man

yeah, that guy has tons of views on all his videos. Probably making all the big youtube dollars.

I wish I had autism that intense.

So what the hell happened to modding community
I still remember when there were whole guides about coding in Java and half of the mods didn't require anything

that's amazing
also autistic

just fucking google what you want, most stuff is still there and alot of tutorials and documentation is being updated to the newer versions

>new mod comes out
>SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!:
>A coal generator
>A lava generator
>A steam/solar generator
>A furnace clone
>A pulveriser/grinder
>A double ore/ingot mechanism
>Pipes
>Energy cells

FUCKING REALLY?!
We don't need 9 of these fuck you

What mod does this best though? I've been favoring Ender IO over all the others for a while now. I'd like to hear what other people prefer.

Eio is bullshit of the worst kind. It's the "best" because it's pipes are bullshit, input and output both ends, go inside blocks with other pipes, and are instant. It takes zero thought to use them.
The actual best implementation are item ducts. They strike a balance between brain dead and difficult.

mekanism with the digi miner disabled.

>youtube fag and his butt buddy join 2b2t
>wreck their shit
Lmfao

>Mystcraft no longer has the "following" modifier for linking books
>can't have my emergency Relto book anymore

>my own autism about Myst lore means I can't justify giving books other modifiers now
>can't build my Nexus in my overworld base now
Fug. Now I have to build a Cavern too.

>go to the Nether for the first time in custom mod pack
>dark as fuck with spooky sounds everywhere
>heatscar spiders and creepers pop out of the pitch black darkness occasionally
>have to flee from ghasts because they are hard to spot until it's too late
>have to avoid clouds of death as you explore
Goddamn, Hardcore Darkness and Glen's Gases makes the Nether absolutely insane and fun. Would shill again.

I'll never be happy enough

Try this one
149.202.70.146:41285

building my mob farm

>want to make a neat looking door suing drawbridges for my archimede's ships transport truck
>can't find a block to activate it
i'd either need a single block latch or NOR block that outputs a strong signal at the bottom (and accepts input from any other side)
any bright ideas? i'm ready to install some mods to complete that.

If it's the TiC drawbridges, I usually go for red alloy wire hooked up to either a vanilla lever, an ender overseer or whatever it's called from Botanica, or wireless Redstone hooked up to a wireless Redstone transmitter or with a remote. Depending on the use I need them for.

do immibis's redlogic wires/stuff gets transported correctly by AS+? i know projctred's doesnt

you mean a flipflop?

th-thaumcraft

>>my own autism about Myst lore
>okay with the retconny Uru shit that is Relto

sgooby pleas

>tfw no good cracked factions survival server

That's because cracked factions servers are never good.

True, but I just wanna have some fun and at the same time maybe not have all my shit destroyed when I'm offline

But it's not retconny, it's just asspully. The entire explanation is that Yeesha surpassed even the greatest or writers. Changing Ages like she does with the Cleft and Relto, making the Relto book follow you, being able to intra-link within Relto, are all explained. It's just an asspull.

>factions
>good

pick one and only one

Or, optionally, zero, since there are non-factions serbers which are shit too

what's the best mod for TUUUUUUUBES travel/transport?

My plans for a Minecraft clone are coming along nicely. Thank you based PistonDevelopers!

Modfags, would you rather mod in Python or Lua?

I wanna mod teh tube between ur legs bby, it's the best 1

;3

>My plans for a Minecraft clone are coming along nicely.
how many ticking entities can you have around you without everything breaking? how many subparts are your base blocks made of?

I love python, but Lua is a lot easier to sandbox.

>I love python, but Lua is a lot easier to sandbox.
In Minecraft there haven't been many instances of malware in mods, I don't know how much sandboxing is necessary.

I know in Garry's Mod it was a big problem... and those mods were in Lua. I think the thing that causes that to be an issue is having clients auto-download shit from servers.

dynamics was gonna have tuuuuuuuuuuubes but they never got released i think

There was this mod called Tube Transport System, but last time I checked it was shit.
TCon slime pads tho, they can make mighty good tubes if you enclose them in 1x1 vertical or 2x1 horizontal passageways.