/twg/ - Total War General

Animechosen edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

No one will remember

first for rollan!

Rollan for when I complete my Empire campaign tonight. No Kemmler please.

third for grimgor is the one true git

THIS THREAD DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

>spirit leech kills hellcannons

Neat

Nth for TZEENTCH'S MANY GLORIES

Has anyone noticed that mortars are unbreakable sometimes?

GIVE ME YOUR ZOGGIN LUNCH SHINIES YA GIT

Manfred actually got off his helsteed sometime between getting all his shit razed and now. Makes it a lot easier to start fireballing him, which Sarth is doing as fast as he can. But manny is fucking built, and has some ward save on him.

The other heroes were actually 2 necromancers and a vampire waifu. It's looking manageable if I can kill manfred, but it'll take a lot of time for the bird to kill four heroes and I don't think marauders are gonna hold that long.

reminder to group your units with ctrl-g to lock them in formation, then select the group and right click an enemy to have the whole group attack-move, automatically engaging with enemies while maintaining formation

> Tomb Kings still not announced

reminder that you can teleport to quest battles by selecting your general, and then opening up the quest, paying 5000 currency

GON GET ME AN THE BOIZ SUM GOOD GRUBS WITH THESE SHINIES

>undead army just stands while I'm shooting at them with firearms and crossbows
>they have so many troops that destroying 6 shit units didn't matter in the end
Guess I'll replay that battle and try shooting big shits to death.

Is there any cute girl hero mods for the empire yet?

The final count comes to six zombies, 10 skeletons, 2 dire wolves, a bat, 2 necros, a vamp waifu and manfred. They've begun the advance, now we get to work.

I have question about the empire campaign. What are some general guidelines? Crush Marienburg and then attack the vampires? Use the northern most provinces as a chaos barrier?

You don't even need to select your general

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTESS

rolling for either dwarfs or vampire cucks
1-25 thorgrim
26-50 ungrim
51-75 mannfred
76-99 kemmler
00 - I kill myself

What is up with the cinematic view looking completely different?

you'll be just fine

t. VC player

>tfw Wissenland's Lord character isn't Emmanuelle von Liebwitz

The game even mentions her in that -10 diplomatic relations event.

Time to settle some grudges I guess.

>tfw no kislev tzarina

If you're friendly with Kislev, the generic diplomat will mention her permitting warmest welcomes and such.

>warmest
heh

>5 full doomstacks from the skaelings in marienburg turn 20
wow i thought guys were exaggerating

Yeah, the greeting goes something like "warmest welcomes on this coldest something"

I really hope there's Kislev and Southern Realms DLC

A dogfight breaks out on the left flank, which we easily crush. My right hand dogs are free to range around their line immediately. I want his necromancers with their 15 armor, but the vampire waifu in the tit dress is chilling with them and has 96 armor. She will shit all over my dogs before they can kill two necros, and I will need my dogs to do more than kill two necromancers if I'm going to win.

Why does the vampire in the tit dress have 96 armor?

They're mostly naked men and dogs so it's not that scary

>tfw no [current year] version of the adepta sororitas
kill me now

so how likely would you guys say that Kislev and Estalia/tilea/border princes will get unique units?

seeing as how they got unique voice acting and even some unique buildings I'd say its pretty likely.

not to mention they're not counted as Empire factions with the whole Kislev and Southern Realms diplomatic cathegories.

they might release the human-like factions following bretonnia to sort of "hold us over" when it comes to more unique/monster factions like skaven and the tomb kangz.

i don't know how likely, but i hope they have some interesting gameplay concepts behind them, though i haven't got anything specific in mind.

Kneel before Emperor von Carstein, /twg/.

This action does not have my consent

Karl Franz's ghal maraz quest chain is bugged for me. Can't get past the 'station battle wizard in Ostermark' part.

You have to deploy him if you haven't

>mfw I finally beat Empire on Very Hard
>mfw finally got that fucking achievement

FUCK YES

FUCK DIPLOMACY

FUCK CHAOS

FUCK VAMPIRES

AND MOST OF ALL

FUCK MARIENBURG

try stationing a battle-wizard in ostermark.

did you deploy him?

So how baby orcs are made?

Tooltip in lore says theyre sentient

Pretty cool desu

BY SIGMAR, NO!

when an orc and an ELECTOR COUNT love each other

Sigmar forbids this!

>so how likely would you guys say that Kislev and Estalia/tilea/border princes will get unique units?
Kislev is a dead certainty, with access to Ice Magic as a faction unique magic lore and Katarin as a LL with the rest of the Kislev roster mostly being a reskinned Empire with a couple of unique units like winged hussars and boghtyrs and maybe at a stretch bear cavalry.

The rest I'm not sure about.

They simply appear as nature seeks to balance the world in accordance to Karl Franz's sheer glory

They are mushrooms

>not legendary
Just kidding, fuck legendary and its arbitrary bullshit

Manfred is in melee and I think it's all over already. He drank a potion of toughness, healed all the fireball damage and is now regenerating and scaring the shit out of my marauders while the bird runs to try to take him down. The stats say manfred will stomp me flat, but since he isnt mounted I might be able to keep him flat on his ass.

I've got the hounds going in now to try and get some crumbling going away from the necromancers, while some veterans of the second line try and sneak through for an encirclement. If the front line breaks, we're all fucked.

the easiest way to deal with them is use agents

Mannfred da dumb nigga

Battle difficulty very hard or did you change it?

It's either that or autoresolve I'd guess

One's for taking screenshots, the other is for clarity when playing.

You're approaching combat with vampires the wrong way. You don't fight everything, you basically just try to kite the rest of the army away while cucking the lord so that his army crumbles.

>Steam Tank health that low
Did the zombies get it or was it damaged in an earlier battle?

is this just me or does autoresolve a siege battle make you lost less soldiers than does it manually?

Currently purifying Sylvania of vampire filth. Looking forward to restoring it to its natural state.

It's not just you. I only play out a siege if its an important castle like Altdorf or something for the cinematic feel.

The zombies brought it down from half, to that. I was fairly surprised, but then again it was the Steam Tank versus 7-8 units

I've just finished destroying Chaos, and turned around with my two armies to declare on VC since I was already there

very hard battles as well

I auto resolved most battles especially when I had overwhelming chances of victory and didn't want to waste time since I had tried at least 10 times on very hard and got smashed a lot.

>witch hunter suddenly has feelings for vampires

this fucking heretic

The waifu leaves her pet necromancers to join the scrap, and Dogs 1 and 3 shoot off immediately to go for an assassination. A group of spearmen held in reserve is going to engage them soon, and I'm probably gonna lose my dogs, but we're doing good damage to the necros already. On the left flank, the absence of the reserve spears means I can move some veterans around and start enclosing their army. I still have some veterans in the rear watching the front line carefully, and Sarthorael is actually doing decently against manfred. I'm saving my recharge scroll to get a double fireball off as soon as I've got him in kill range.

There are four heroes in his army, and I need time to cu ck them all. Skeleton spearmen will fuck me if I don't keep them tied up in battle, because sarthorael actually has 15 armor. And he is literally the only unit in this army that will even damage a 90+ armor unit.

Can I mention again that the vampiress in the tit dress has 96 armor?

>TW:WH still top seller on steam
I wonder where the "Fantasy is a mistake and will kill CA" people are now.

PURGE HIM!

>Take Attila models for Slavs, and the Attila Medieval Mod for Slavs
>Liberally steal shit from the hard work done for Call of Warhammer for M2TW
>Create Kislev mod, take all credit

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well would this work. Only problem I can imagine running into is getting enough art.

Also how would one do this, I am not good at computers Sergei

>spent months peeping on some vampire countess
>expecting him to not get any feels

Better be careful or he'll accuse you of faggotry

ARE

YOU

A

GOD

Most of the models from Call of Warhammer were stolen from WAR and Mark of Chaos anyways.

ARE

YOU

MORK?

>tfw gork

I AM BELOVED

More like fantasy has killed history

They will have to do something big to bring people back to history after this

Dwarves got rekt

Jesus chrsit half the generals on this board are dogshit, I guaratee you click on any of the generals with a loli picture as OP and there's nothing but tripfags and samefags talking about anything but the game

How do I catch Chaos stacks as empire? They love to sit right outside my movement range.

Are you saying this makes taking models from other mods and games okay? Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, now.

Also is this a good idea in the first place

Mork > Gork

the emperor is on my side heretic! you gonna purge the fuck out of the vampire filthily and you will enjoy it!

Finally finished my first campaign as VC, do I do Empire or Dwarfs next. Empire has a much more interesting roster, but dwarfs look like a really fucking comfy campaign.

>dwarves look really comfy
should we tell him?

The spearmen got smashed in the side by Dog 4, who then retreated quickly to try and get them to pursue. It's worked, and the veterans on the left flank have turned instead to get a sick downhill charge on the unbraced spearmen. Meanwhile hit and run maneuvers on the right are keeping a potential zombie flanker busy, while also returning to finish off the necromancers.

Manfred is getting blown out by Sarthorael, but too slowly, I think. The vampiress is in the fight and doing work on the marauders, and Sarth has managed mostly to knock manfred around without doing much damage.

them's fight'n words

So how does Warhammer compare to the older games?

haha it's comfy as hell below hard/FUCKING HELL THRESHOLD

I just spent an entire campaign chasing around enemies with an all melee army. Having a campaign where I can just sit back and watch the enemy git blown apart would be nice.

bretty good. still inferior to shogun 2

You'z a git. Gork's betta' than Mork.

Ambushes are key, especially cos they give you a huge fucking advantage anyway. If you make a weak shit bait army or an undefended village, park an ambush army in a forest between them and the enemy. I'm reasonably sure that the AI works by not being able to see your ambush army or remembering where it was, so they should just charge straight at your bait and get ambushed, unless the ambush fails.

Other option is to use whatever agent is able to block their movement. I have a level 30 banshee as VC and she consistently allows me to charge up and fuck people by basically halting their progress, especially if they have to cross a river and it makes them unable to cos they only have 35% movement.

really good. even better than shogun 2

only way I have found is to sick witch hunters on them as they reduce movement points by 50%

>le chosen are gud in campaign
>chosen are fucking bogged down with vanila greatswordsmen with experience buff mod
>slow as fuck to boot
>Carl charged down and killed Archaon on his steed of FUCK YOU with melee mortars

>The minimin percentage of armor roll that can be applied during combat is 50%, the max is 100%

There you go folks, this is why armor is so strong.

Come on bro, im working with sides here too, side girls in this case. Dita Von Carstein sucks a mean dick.

Im still stomping on those grave dodgers dont worry.

One of the necromancers lies torn to pieces by demon dog, while the other is well on his way to join him. The skeleton spears are already starting to crumble, and the marauder charge goes off flawlessly into their side. Two down, two to go.

Simpler campaign than Attila
Deeper combat than the rest of the series
Lots of unit variety and faction diversity
Poorly balanced right now
Hard as ballz on higher difficulties

Blowing the enemy up quite a bit can be done, but expect to do plenty of chasing