/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Caucustan Desert Edition

Previous sortie: A thread for all simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0138K5UiCTJemguJL
youtu.be/NI6zhli01aY
mediafire.com/?70vbpgru0ca414y
youtube.com/watch?v=jtWw-_Nx8P0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here's a link for discord good for the next 22h
discord.gg/0138K5UiCTJemguJL

>not wanting to split up /simg/ unintentionally and other reasons, so here's a reminder
The discord channel is used for discussing modding, scripting, server, and ,at this moment, Mercs.
Keep the general banter and VOIP on TS

Is this the thread where delusional BMS fanboys come in and say things about their sim that are disproven by the very .webms they're always posting for attention?

I don't want any part of that.

youtu.be/NI6zhli01aY
fuck and I though R27 was bad. I knew AIM-7 was shit but holy fuck.

BMS ops WHEN

At least Blue now has to deal with the same shit that happens to us every time we fire on one of their lagging asses.

The AIM-7 is fine. The netcode is broken.

>not wanting to split up /simg/ unintentionally
Don't worry, you'll manage to do just that by setting up multiple servers rather than just using different channels of one server like a normal person.

>can be defeated with chaff spam
>AIM-7 is fine
Okay.

My pack with the new texture DLC, DCS Desert 3.0, and DCS Vietnam set up with the in-game terrain switcher menu mod has FINALLY been uploaded. Read the readme.

Sorry about the .rar I realized it wasn't zip when it was too late.

Not like you need my permission but if someone wanted to reupload this or make a magnent link be my guest

mediafire.com/?70vbpgru0ca414y

Add to pastebin pls.

>what is the R-27R

you can stop flying the F-15 any time, Jester.

>so caught up in your blue flag drama that you willfully ignore the fact that most missile in DCS at this point are fucked
I liked bms ops better.

bring back daily BMS ops

how many "BMS OPS WHEN" is that?

I think that post was pointing out that the issue extends beyond the AIM-7, user, maybe one of us has our reading comprehension fucked up, though.

Also DCS' missiles are still better than BMS' magic-180-degree-turn-in-an-instant missiles.

>BMS' magic-180-degree-turn-in-an-instant
I haven't seen this meme.

at least 3

There were like two different .webms in the last thread showing that shit happening on tacview.

There's also the sidewinders that totally follow heat trails and don't go lead pursuit, nevermind every tacview webm shows AIM-9s in lead pursuit.

No, that post was Blueflag e drama. You're right senpai one of us has reading comprehension issues and it's not me.

>The AIM-7 is fine.
>The netcode is broken.
No, 3/4 of the game is fucking broken. Missiles and net-code alike. The game is shit desu.

At least we agree on something.

It hurts that this shit will never be fixed due to the legion of sycophants that play DCS.

BMS OPS WHEN

/simg/ mass re-migration to bms when?

over a month ago?

>even my fucking group, unrelated to Veeky Forums in any way, is starting to pick up BMS
>reinstalling falcon 4.0 from discs after not playing it in 10 years

wew lad

We would do ops every night. It was fun.

BMS OPS WHEN

BMS OPS FUCKING WHEN?????!!????

BMS ops tonight

>Ejected after splashing a friendly
Why ?

shame

>da boiz getting rekt and banned from BF
>going back to playing BMS sandbox with AI
Major KEK

I just think it's hilarious that they're now acting like they don't care.

I guess hundreds of posts in these threads over the last 3 months doesn't mean a fucking thing, and the way they made asses out of themselves while getting shitted on had nothing to do with any measurable amount of assmad.

But it's really nothing to get mad about. it's a videogame

So to those of you that fly the Ka-50 regularly: do you fly with the flight director on, or do you just let the autopilot do it for you?

If I'm flying higher than contour flight and I don't expect to get shot at, I turn off FD and let the helo fly itself. Lower down, or with any kind of credible threat nearby, FD is on so I'm not fighting the autopilot.

Autopilot is great for transit and hover holds. If you're going to be doing lots of manoeuvring just stick it in flight director, holding the trim button constantly gets uncomfortable after a while.

Flight director as in autopilot?
I just trim it and fly towards the target, when threats come up or I fence in I just keep adjusting trim as necessary, normally into a hover and I maneuver as I need to

>do you fly with the flight director on
yup
>or do you just let the autopilot do it for you?
never, FD makes it so easy you've no real need for AP most of the time.

Don't fly around with the FD all the time, it overrides the autopilots and you can't use the other nifty things, the FD is useful as a back up mode, or when doing gun runs and rocket runs.
If you are fighting the autopilots learn how the work.

Wouldn't we have to make another pack for the eventual /simg/flag server?

>eventual /simg/flag server?
>he thinks that's even a good idea

I mean, a /simg/ public server is a fair idea. But there are far more interesting ideas than just making a laggy bluefag clone no-one will play on.

What do you suggest then?

If you wanted a simg public server, why not just be a server that actually runs accessible missions that still have more depth than airquake?

A while ago I experimented with a capture zones mission where helicopters had to drop off infantry to capture small sectors a few miles apart from each other. Like a mission that MDsim used to run, which was some of the most fun I've had on a drop-in server.

It was back when I was hoping when the F-5 dropped /simg/ could pounce and make a space for ourselves as a 3rd gen server with actual interesting missions.

F-5E, F-86, UH-1H, Gazelle & Hawk =vs= MiG-21, MiG-15, Mi-8, Gazelle & L-39ZA

desu I think a server where these planes got a chance to fly ground attack without feeling pointless could be popular. Normally when an A-10 can clear an entire town in seconds, there's no incentive to fly shitwagons.

Doesn't sound bad, but mercenary themed /simg/flag would be baller if we could get it to work AND not lag/desync.

>Hawk
Dear god please no. Give the L39 to both sides.

When the MiG-21 is the only aircraft on the server with IFF, I'm not sure about that. If it has some vivid skins it could work though.

That sounds great, it's even historically accurate - the kikes painted their Kfirs and Mirages with huge triangles precisely for that purpose.

A-10A and SU-25 if you want it to be more accessible.

>A-10A and SU-25
Sure, if you remove the FLIR and all of the guided munitions.

If you want to remove the ability of everything else to be desirable to fly ground attack in.

Is the problem.

If you include those, the ground targets have to be tanks n shit. With light attackers and helicopters you can have soft ground targets that bombs actually work on.

Just because something isn't going up in a fiery blaze it doesn't meant that it isn't disabled. My point being that you could script shit so that iron bombs actually have blast damage.

>gazelle
>has thermals

real 3rd gen.

>Scripts

and there goes the entire server into the dump.

What, bombs don't have blast damage?

Of course they do, it just sucks.

Seems fine to me senpai, restrict it to the L if you want to be full autist but the M is still a 70s helicopter.

>Seems fine to me senpai, restrict it to the L if you want to be full autist but the M is still a 70s helicopter.

the 70s didnt have thermals like that.

Well as I say, restrict it to the SA341L only then. The main idea would be to create a setting that plays differently to 4th gen airquake, not accurately recreate a 70s battlefield.

>Panther with thermals
>M1 carbine with thermals

Thermals=/=ir

Seriously, why doesn't BST make a Mi-8 with nigger rigged ATGMs? I'd be fine even with MCLOS trash.

Are we gonna have a go at doing this merc and planes type shit then?

Like for real?
What time?
Gaza ops?

Who the fuck is this?

Has Wags been transferred to Syria on CIA business or something?

simg dogfight tournament when

I will win every dogfight. No point.

>Germans

not even once, i swear.

>that pinpoint gun accuracy

Was it that good in real life?

We started an Egypt campaign last night.

Just watched a full documentary about Israel's history, so I am now ready for more Gaza war crimes.

I haven't played ops in a couple days. I'm looking forward too some kike ops.

Okay I'll admit after figuring out how to lock on to targets with AMRAAM's BMS is becoming fun

>Splash two MiG-23's with AMRAAM's
>Splash one MiG-19 with a Fox 2
>Neeto
>Suddenly FOX 2 INBOUND X3
>Check RWR
>3 21's and 2 MiG-23
>APEX INBOUND
>Dead

Should I just accept my death when I hear Apex inbound? I don't think I ever survived a apex inbound warning

come fight me m8 ill rek you so hard

I'm the master of the toegay and master of the skies. 1v1 me kid I'll fug you up.

Out of shame probably, I'd do the same thing.

It has a similar muzzle velocity to the F-15's vulcan, so... I guess so?

>She she she she she she she

This turk i swear

Wanted to strangle him all the way through t.b.h

I want the spook back.

I'd rather JUST an Armstrong do the commentary.

>not refering to your aircraft as women

s m h t b q h f a m

> Constantly mentioning the article you're referring to
That video was painful to watch

>that image

MUH DICK
U
H
D
I
C
K

FUCKING NEVER.
I JUST WANT TO FLY FOXBAT INTERCEPT OPS WITH MY OG BOYS

We did..... We got removed by a patriot on sols command.....

Y'all got removed, I survived. The one time my horrible formation flying skills saved me.

Still probably one of my favorite flights though. Shit had me dying when all three of you yelled.

Thanks stealth patriot

Is Dale Earnhardt part of /simg/? I laugh everytime his name shows up on the kill feed in DCS.

Nope, but with a gay-ass name like that I'm sure he'd be right at home.

Explain????????

Because we're all raging homos, who suck each other off when we're not meeting up at a furry convention.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a furry/gay

>a german making analogies to clockshops
I guess you default to what you know when trying to use descriptive language.

>implying

Added to the pastebin

So, what mods should we put in the mandatory pack for the server, if we ever get it running?

The terrain textures mod for the appropriate event, skins for the planes that are common to both factions, Why's imposters fix, the connectivity fix or whatever its name is, the mod that gives Browning M2s cartridges that are actually worth a shit instead of tracers/ball, what else? Are there any mods that increase the bombs' blast radius?

>Are there any mods that increase the bombs' blast radius?
Yes.

A wise man once said : BMS ops WHEN

This pic makes me realize that the Israeli campaign for Strike Fighters 2 is actually pretty fun.

pls no mods, at least until the new integrity check is in place.

>So, what mods should we put in the mandatory pack for the serve
None for a public server.

Not least because it's impossible until 2.0s integrity checking arrives in 1.5