/tesg/ - The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create an /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74256/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69484/?
wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page
wiki.step-project.com/Category:Packs
wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Everything_+_The_Kitchen_Sink
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fugg me in the arse, sorry for messing up the previous new thread guys.

I just woke up.

no worries cumshit, we're all human

(reposting to put in the correct thread this time)

What custom companion is the most professional? Not the mod itself, I mean the character's personality. I'm thinking of getting Ada a secretary/bodyguard/person in charge of putting up with his shit, but I don't want to deal with some precocious free spirit that don't take no sass from anyone, or a barbaric brute with no mind for business.

>Fugg me in the arse
Sure. Just bend over and prepare for lot of tears, cum or not.

Guardly.

>the bad threadi still used when this one is dying slowly
It's like people are too retarded to read.

Dunmer female voiced ones are pretty professional sounding.

"P-please be gentle with me, mister. It's my first time after all..."

uh oh

Thanks for the suggestions. Also I stumbled on this and I think she'd fit in well, even with just a vanilla voice.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74256/?

Daily reminder that TES 6 will be set in Argonia and you're the voiced Histchosen who one shot poison shouts everything and destroys the king bandit necromancer daedra and saves the land and all the factions will search you out and shoehorn you into leader position before you're even known for being the histchosen godmode rape machine.

k

Goddamn, she looks hot, but it bothers me so much that she doesn't look like an elf at all.

There will NEVER be a numbered TES series entry set in beast race provinces. Argonia/Elsweyr will be a sidequel or DLC location at best.

Why are orc warrioresses so impossibly cute?

>implying it won't be Elswyr and marketed as a furyfag RPG

Maybe she's a half-breed (maybe that's not what the author intends but it could explain it.)

Half-breeds don't exist in TES.

lmao are you for real?

Aren't Bretons effectively halfbreeds?

>What are Bretons

fuck outta here

Gray Prince.

Adele?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69484/?

>filename

Not a half breed. Just an orc with grey skin due to his vampiric father

They do it's just that the offspring takes more attributes from their mothers and not their fathers. This is why "manmer" outbred the Altmer in High Rock and why Gray Prince in Oblivion looked like an orc despite having a human father.

>They do
No. Children are always the race of the mother with very slight traits of the father, not a half breed

Well shit. Sorry for the bad advice. I'll keep looking for potential issues.

He's still an half-breed for having an human/imperial as father, not an orc.

Does anyone have the image/copypasta of Eiries's unarmed setup?

>He's still an half-breed for having an human/imperial as father
Thats not how it works, dumbass. Read a book.

I'll just open up my copy of Fantasy Race Genetics and put this argument to rest once and for all

Whats the best place to get modding help? Iv hit a dead end here.

The problem is the tension between Notes on Racial Phylogeny and the Pocket Guide to the Empire.
The former states that the mother's race determines the offspring's, whereas the latter states that bretons are the result of continued interbreeding between elves and men.

It is possible that the effect the father's genes have on mixed-race children is cumulative.

You're the dumbass. I know a baby always take from the mother race, but he's still NOT a pure orc. Also, a children born from a human male and a female elf in TES actually live as long as a human, even if he look like an elf so the father's race clearly impact more than what you think. The Grey Prince is an half-breed. Deal with it.

What's troubling you?

In-game they are indistinguishable from so-called pure orcs, and games are the only source of canon.

Please no bully, but I tried to make a standalone armor and despite following every guide but it seems the armor lacks the shine, mainly on the chest piece and pauldrons, it had when it was just a retexture.

But Cumtears was born from a vampire mother and a human father, right?

Oh it's you Snakeman. Yeah I dunno either, first time seeing that freak accident.

Did you miss a texture? The armor have a _m texture that you missed.

wut. is that even possible?

gee it would seem I accidentally a heated debate, oop. But that aside, does anyone know any professional/aristocratic/generally snooty followers I could add to my retinue?

is even HALF of cumtear's story remotely possible?NOPE

>the armor lacks the shine
You're using the same nif? If not, it's probably the "BSLightingShaderProperty" in the nif need to be tweaked. Try to change the emissive and/or specular color?

Lydia Don't have to look far....

If you don't mind them being irrelevant, Milla Laurent might be a good choice.

Yes, actually. Some of the plot elements are lore-friendly, but certain things like her birth seem to be based on his own interpretation of books like Notes on Racial Philogeny.

I unironically like his fanfiction. And no, I am not Lewd Dunmer.

I harass him all the time, and I also actually don't mind his bullshit fanfic either - That isn't what bothers me about him.

I think I included the _m file right. I included the _d, _n, _m and cubemap files. Oddly enough if I insert the retexture into the game the Dawnguard Heavy armor has the shine but mine doesnt. I dont know were I fucked up.

this user is likely right, you missed something in the original nif file.

What is? He doesn't seem to be that much of a nuisance these days.

Im using the same nif from the Dawnguard dlc. I used BSA unpacker to get it. Both the Dawnguard nif and Snakestone nif have the same BSLightingShaderProperty.

Does sneak tools water arrows put out candles and change the model so it's not a lit candle?
Are there any role players that play stealthy? I like those, they're calming.

I don't really want to discuss it cause it would take too long and arguments would ensue. Bottom line is that he has had a very bad influence on these threads and his images are poorly done, very little effort is put into them and yet, he and many others seem to think they're just awesome, it grinds me the wrong way. I could stomach most of this, but his affect on these threads is undeniable, whether it's from him directly or now, we'd just be better off without all the drama going on. We've all seen drama on here before, but this is just bad in a way that really disturbs me.

Just follow this guide wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page and don't try to install +300 mods by yourself or you'll end up literally wasting weeks trying to make them compatible and may not even success(personal experience)

That link is called STEP:CORE(or extended if you choose to install all the mods from the list) .

You can choose to play as it is, or install a STEP pack:wiki.step-project.com/Category:Packs

There are some packs that are compatible between each other so you could install 3-4, that will leave you close to 255 mods, which is the limit unless you merge plugins.

l recommend you to install the Everything + The Kitchen Sink pack. lt includes several other packages so don't forget to install them beforehand.

Also lf you are new to installing mods read every damn word from the guide, they are there for a reason. Actually, you'd be better off following a tutorial video, l'm sure you'll find some STEP guide on youtube.

lf you run into any error just say it here and we'll try to help you

l recommend you to install this pack in particular:
wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Everything_+_The_Kitchen_Sink

>if I insert the retexture into the game
Are you talking about the armor in general or your standalone armor?

Well, supid question but you edited the texture path in the nif for your custom armor, right?

Is that you, Deo?

If I replace dawnguardbody1_d with the black variation I made as a retexture the armor has the shine. But if I use the same texture for my standalone armor it lacks the same shine.

That's clearly Honey.

I think I did, if I didnt I wouldnt be getting the black armor, would I? This is my first attempt at making any type of mod so im alittle lost here. How would I check if I set up the nif texture path correctly?

So I recall reading somewhere that the Argonians effectively pimp-slapped Dagon's forces during the Oblivion Crisis.

If my memory has any truth to it at all, how the hell did they do that?

I have one question about ordinator. I'm leaving SPERG behind and I was wondering if it also lets you level armour over time by wearing it? Or is there a light mod that just adds armour exp over time as a mechanic to use as an addon? Everything else sperg does other mods do better, like smelting or quest exp... but that would be hard to leave behind.

no, I am user, I have no identity in these threads whatsoever, like many other anons here.

you're an idiot

When you made the standalone armor, did you load the original dawnguard armor in CK and duplicate it to make the standalone?

Yeah, I duplicated it.

>his images are poorly done, very little effort is put into them
Just like me.

Just look at "BSShaderTextureSet" in your nif.

So basically everything about it is identical to the original except for new names/IDs?

WHY IS SEXLAB SUCH AN UNSTABLE BLOATED PIECE OF FUCKING CRAP

>you're an idiot
Sorry, forget to add the :^) in my post.

>blames cumtears for all the shitposting on /tesg/
>thinks that other people's screenshots are inferior
>jealous of the attention that cumtears gets
It's either Deo or Honey, there is no mistaking it. Goddamn you irrelevant fags and your unwarranted self-importance problem.

Fapping does not come without suffering.

Yes, everything is the same.

Oh, odd. When I open the BSShaderTextureSet its all Dawnguard. Should I change it all to Snakestone textures and save it?

>Oh, odd. When I open the BSShaderTextureSet its all Dawnguard. Should I change it all to Snakestone textures and save it?
Yes!

>Should I change it all to Snakestone textures and save it?
Yes.

Alright, another stupid question. Do I do this for snakestonesarmor1m_0 and gnd too?

I don't know about the GND but definitely do it for the _0

standalone, means that it doesn't rely on anything else, so you have to replace and provide new sources for everything associated with it.

so yes.

YES.

Has anyone got a link to the Ebony Valkyrie Armor but in 7BO?

lmagine if dark souls had a creation kit like skyrim

Fuck, still no luck. No shine at all. I dont know were I fucked up, I changed all of the files in 1m_0, 1m_1 and gnd.

lmagine if dark souls combat system was recreated in skyrim

That would be great. Every game would benefit from modding support.

lt's been 5 years and the closest thing you have is TK Dodge which is good, but not even remotely close to dark souls. l don't think it will ever be released. l don't think it's even possible to make

We just woke up. I guess that's why you're a random shitposter on the internet and not a detective.

Personally I wouldn't say his shots are poorly done at all. On the contrary, some look like a lot of love went into them.

[softly abyssaling]

Lock-on is great too. Couple it with sky tweak and ultimate combat and things can get pretty nail-bitey sometimes.

Skyrim's third person camera isn't very agreeable though.

TK Dodge + Attack Commitment + Ultimate Combat + Action Combat + Combat Evolved + Revenge of the enemies + Ordinator + Unlocked Grip is the closest you'll get to both challenging and more action-oriented RPG experience in Skyrim.

You sure you're not using a mesh replacer/edited for the dawnguard armor? The game would use it and it would explain why your armor copied from the danwguard.bsa don't shine unlike the "original" version, the original being actually a modified one.

>We just woke up.
So you're on the east coast.

> I guess that's why you're a random shitposter on the internet and not a detective.
>le oldfag thinks he is ruling this place again
kys you literal cuck
mad brah?

>All this constant waifu bickering and fighting
If we all just simply used CBBE and made fatfus, we would all act more civilized and this thread would be a better place.

The only replacer I know of using is Dawnguard Heavy Boots and Gloves, and that doesnt effect the armor piece. Unless USLEEP edits the Dawnguard Armor.

tfw the mod author forgot to translate parts of it

>being fond of cardiac arrests

pls

tfw the mod author assumed everyone plays as the dragonborn and you have to use the console because you don't have the necessary shouts to beat a dungeon the legit way