/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

Weak to fire, dark, and page 10 edition
This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous:
Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Runbow getting a 3DS release: nintendoeverything.com/runbow-heading-to-3ds-seeing-retail-release/
「!」E3 is not just Zelda: e3.nintendo.com/
「!」Nintendo NY hosting Zelda extravaganza next month; 500 fans can play Zelda Wii U: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-ny-hosting-zelda-extravaganza-next-month-500-fans-can-play-zelda-wii-u/
「!」More info for Pokemon Sun and Moon Revealed!: youtu.be/XW14HO7C1Dg
「!」Monster Hunter amiibo announced: ign.com/articles/2016/05/26/monster-hunter-stories-japanese-release-date-amiibo-unveiled
「!」Nintendo to enter the movie business; first movies expected within 2-3 years: polygon.com/2016/5/16/11682186/nintendo-movies-tatsumi-kimishima
「!」Yokai Watch 2 coming to NA, split-version style: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/732241559853371392
「!」Monster Hunter Generations coming July 15th, along with a limited edition New 3DSXL: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/730774539739758592 (embed) (embed)
「!」Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice announced: siliconera.com/2016/05/11/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-justice-brings-order-courts-september/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/tUQzCnjt
Wii U - pastebin.com/pmZUkJcd

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg (embed)

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Disclaimer: Ignore every post by babt, you know "xbx is shit, 3ds is for babies, w101 is mobile shit, jap shit, nx will be VR, usa #1" and things alike

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/InfernoOmni/status/738743529162297344
twitter.com/InfernoOmni/status/738744557257510913
twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/738777797125144576
youtube.com/watch?v=KfH-eZ63gNU
youtube.com/watch?v=63cX1xNXwK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Synchro" had a new animation in the Pokemon anime during the recent information reveal for Sun & Moon.

Expect an in-game presentation during E3, likely for Greninja and Pikachu.

(Embed) (embed)

who cares we're going to page 10 anyway

eternally gaaaaaaaaay llol

what games have you been playing eternally gay user?

mario kart 8, splatoon

You still play MK8?

Are you competitive?

llol no i just like playing it

Do you get first place online?

most of the time

twitter.com/InfernoOmni/status/738743529162297344

twitter.com/InfernoOmni/status/738744557257510913

Who is this guy? I see him a lot on social media and he acts like a FGC figurehead (or at least for Smash) but I'm pretty sure he's just youtube let's player?

Is he the Maximilian of Smash or something?

Just some shithead, all his videos look like clickbait so I've never watched them

Playing Overwatch really brings into light how cancerous Nintendo was for charging Splatoon full $50-60 just cause it had an hour-long singleplayer.

Doesn't Overwatch have micro transactions?

I think you can buy lootboxes to unlock stuff, but by leveling up, the game will always give you a loot box anyway.

Yesterday I unlocked two legendary skins and didn't spend a single cent.

stop?

I want to FUCK male protag

Japan's going crazy for Hau or whatever his name is, they think he's adorable.

I miss the days when your rival wasn't really a friend and didn't give you a free Lucario they found on the side of the road

So what are the hot new 3DS games? I'm itching for something fun to play.

Kirby Planet Robobot comes out next week

Do we have an updated 3DS game chart? Did a quick google but only found old stuff that listed games like Fire Emblem Fates as unreleased.

I think this was the most recent one. Listanon, please correct me if I'm wrong.

From last thread.

Thanks

>sub 200 two threads in a row
>sub 100 last thread
fucking embarrasing. /nintyg/ is dead and buried until legend of zelda: big field comes out.

It's because babt left us. Someone pretend to be babt for the sake of the thread.

nintendo is eternally gaaaaaaaaay llol xbox best

no i fucked that up cant be that guy

No Stella Glow there?

why did babt leave? he had the best opinions

are the ruby/sapphire remakes as easy as x/y?

Easier.

I don't know, but I miss him in that weird way where I have nothing to be angry about.

that should be impossible but i believe you

Yeah you still get those easy experience points, but the basic structure of Gen 3 is there so gym leaders, trainers, Elites etc. so fundamentally it's harder than XY.

However you get a free Latias/Latios you can box, Mega Evolutions, and the Elite themselves don't receive said megas until the rematch league. (Except for Steven)

how many pokemon do average trainers carry? the low number in x/y is what pissed me off

i'm fairly sure nothing has changed from gen 3 in that regard

Lati@s and your initial mega are enough to clear everything. You won't have grind even once just like in XY too.

He's too qt. I just want to buy him some ice cream or something.

eternally gaaaaaaaaay llol

Anyone interested in some leftover codes from the Nintendo bumble bumble?

Just bought a copy of Bayonetta 1+2 off eBay after frowning at the Amazon price for the last few months. I am hype.

For free, of course. I've codes for Nano Assault EX, Swords & Soldiers II, Affordable Space Adventures, Citizens of Earth, and a 3DS theme for Retro City Rampage: DX.

The first Bayonetta is godlike, Bayo 2 is alright too.

That's what I've heard. I've been wanting to play the first one for ages.

Is the 2DS really that much worse than the original 3DS?

ohhh mama mia

extremely easier

>yfw you realize there's a level cap, and eventually you'll have to spend real money if you want more cosmetics

Simple stuff really. Give players freebies, then cut them off and see how many you get to start paying for stuff

No.

In some ways its more comfortable but it has no 3D (just in case you enjoy the sharper graphics look).

Its really nice as Nintendo's last GameBoy.

Does overwatch even have single player?
And lmao fcking team fortress 2 gambling boxes.

I can't wait until that game is forgotten like the rest of blizzard.

>Does overwatch even have single player?

No, that's why it's $40

>play through Y
>Gym leaders have like three fucking pokemon
>fight is over in three goddamn moves
The anti-climactic nature of fights really got to me, the only one that actually posed any challenge was the Champion and that's because magically I was at type disadvantages. Fairy was a mistake.
Even then I only actually lost one pokemon.

On PC.

Even so, CS GO was like $15 and even tf2 came in the orange box. Its not surprising how easily people fell for the overmeme marketing.

Overwatch has way more characters than TF2.

And? Every chracter is a damn cliche with terrible design. Lol

What a coherent, reasonable argument that definitely doesn't have some form of confirmation bias

I seriously hope you're not a blizzfag.

>le cybernetic katana ninja
>le gritty cowboy
>le robo dhalsim
>le not ghost in the shell robots
>le fat meathook giant

Ahaha wow my man.

Will Mario Maker come to 3DS?

I doubt the 3DS could run even a downport of it.

Maybe Nintendo's next series of handhelds.

I recognize all of those but what ghost in the shell robot?

D.va?

There is no level cap.

How come? It can run all the other Mario games, so I'm not sure why it couldn't run a level editor. Not doubting you just wondering what makes it bigger than the other Mario games.

This one.

I'm sure the system can run a version of it.

But why if they already have the super successful Wii U version. A 3DS version would just compete against the home console.

At the end of the day, I think that thisi is a very good catalogue.

papa pia

Well, there is. But it's level 18,900. The leveling system prestiges every hundred levels and there's currently 1,890 prestige levels.

Im surprised

>18,900. The leveling system prestiges every hundred levels and there's currently 1,890 prestige levels.
do you mean 189,000? assuming prestiging = reset level.

If you have a hacked 3ds you can play rutile ruby/star saphire

i think my sisters cute

why?

No, I really wish they made a Mario Player though

I think she is cute too.

will kirby robobot run significantly worse on the regular 3DS? Might buy if that isn't the case

There's some FPS drop but it isn't unplayable

I still don't get how two solid games: Puzzle & Dragon Z and Yokai Watch don't make the recommended list, while their sequels are listed in recommended jap releases and upcoming jap releases. To make it even worse, their spots are taken by such great titles as Chibi Robo, Little Battlers and the One Piece game (which is okay if you're a fan). Monster Hunter 3U not being featured along 4U is weird as well considering everything else that got 'title1/title2' treatment.

doesn't sound very promising to be honest, guess I'll wait and see

reminder to gor: i want to drink the milk from your fat boytits

>you will never bully Hau for blushing when you make eye contact
>you will never suck his cute dick
Feels bad

i think you're cute :3c

really it's only world 2 that stands out hardware wise

twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/738777797125144576

What did they mean by this...

>Kalimari Desert from N64 with MK8 Hashtag
>Not in MK8
>Kalimari
>Callie and Marie

>more dorky guest characters

Fuck that, I'm still waiting for Diddy Kong

Either more DLC for MK8 or they're bringing MK64 to VC (if thats not already there)

this guy summed it up well Some guy who thinks he's way more important than he actually is. When he's not saying utter bullshit in his vids he's just spouting common sense, really annoying dude youtube.com/watch?v=KfH-eZ63gNU

>that ending to affordable space adventures

I seen it coming but it still really grills my cheese when the ending of a game is pretty much "you're fucked lol."

So I think I am about to bite the bullet and buy a 3DS. I have a couple questions.

1. Is the New3DS worth it over the 2DS? I dont want to buy the 2DS and then find out its significantly slower and shittier
2. If I wanted to hack my 3DS is it possible to buy a new one that is still crackable (I don't really like buying electronics refurb/second hand)
3. Anyone have a good game recommendation chart?

Nevermind with #3 I bothered to read the thread and found it

slut!

Yeah the o3ds is slow as shit and a pain in the ass to use
All new 3ds are currently hackable right out of the box. Should be on 10.2 or 10.3 firmware.

youtube.com/watch?v=63cX1xNXwK8

Puzzle and Dragons was released when I wasnt in charge, so I cant really tell the reasoning for it not being there
YW isnt there because on release I couldnt find anyone in this general that liked it, I've heard that the sequels are big improvements though
LBX is great I don't know what you are talking about
OPUWR and Chini Robo weren't added by me, I do remember lots of good opinions on CR though

>twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/738777797125144576
Maybe the MK DLC will be a MyNintendo reward.

Famitsu polled Japan for their top 10 games per system here are the results.

10. Yoshi’s Woolly World
9. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
7. Mario Kart 8
6. Super Mario Maker
5. Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
4. Xenoblade X
3. Bayonetta 2
2. Dragon Quest X
1. Splatoon

Those were for Wii U

Here are 3DS